Horoscope for today - Free Daily Horoscope - August 24 2017
Horoscope for today - Free Daily Horoscope - August 24 2017
● General: There's a wonderful astrological safety net in place -- the kind that just about guarantees you a happy landing. Now, this doesn't mean you should get it into your head that you're bulletproof. But if you never take a chance, you'll never know if it would have worked out. Oh, go ahead. Assess the risks, take precautions and give it a shot.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: Though some serious overreacting is going on all around you, don't try to calm people down. You'll only fan the flames and look suspicious on top of it. Just stick with your own business for now.
● Finances: Maintain your values, even if the dollar crumbles all around you. That means calling out tact as your big gun and common courtesy as your second in command when being forceful.
● Love: Don't let melodrama get in the way of love. It's time to shape up and grow up. Make your own decisions. What makes you happy when it comes to romance isn't what your mom wanted for you, but so what?
● General: All you really wanted from this day was the chance to kick back, relax and pretend that a situation you're sure is about to erupt, won't. At least, not until you've had a chance to make a battle plan. But the phone just won't let you do that. If you've had it and you don't think you can help anyway, unplug the annoying thing and send it all to voicemail. Or better still, go and visit a friend who has no connection to the situation.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: You've been working around some boundaries that only exist in your mind. Now is the time to see them for what they really are and stop making such a big deal out of nothing. You can break through this!
● Finances: One by one, the luxuries go by the wayside. It's human nature to mourn them, but your loss is your gain, and that's not a typo. More low key forms of enjoyment are ultimately more satisfying.
● Love: Not every detail of your life needs to be discussed with your dating pals -- in fact, you don't need to confide anything that doesn't make you comfortable. Proceed with your own life. You're an adult now.
● General: Think of your reputation as a party animal, and don't cancel your plans for tonight, even if the person you were going with seems to be a bit on the cranky side. Get them out and about, and help them put some distance between them and whatever -- or whomever -- the problem was. If anyone can distract someone, after all, it's definitely you. Work your magic!
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: You're in a mental space that's conducive to questioning just about everything. Don't let it shake you up too much -- maybe you're ready to ask yourself where you want to be and do something to get there.
● Finances: Of course, busy bodies are dying to learn all about your business matters, but it's just as much a secret now as it's always been. Maintain the same calm exterior, whether you're making money or losing it.
● Love: Not sure if you want to be part of a couple or fly solo? Hang out with a married couple for a day or two -- kid optional. Do you feel a sense of longing or a sense of 'thank goodness that's not me'? That should help.
● General: Oh, now, stop being cranky. It's not your fault they came home in a bad mood, and it's not their fault you're of the opinion you work with morons. Besides, dwelling on either subject won't help the situation. You can turn this around if you decide to be extra sweet to each other. Misery may love company, but it's tough to be in miserable company for long. Get over it.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: It's definitely been a while since you hung around the water cooler, kibitzing over current events and celebrity gossip. Right now you just want to mingle, mingle, mingle with your coworkers -- go for it!
● Finances: If you've worked your way up from the scullery to the helm, you shouldn't stop until you become captain. The world economy can tank as far as you're concerned, but that can't sink your personal ship unless you shoot a hole in the floorboards. Aim carefully.
● Love: You need to streamline your life. Ask an efficient friend, family member or coworker for tips on how to make life easier. Then you can dedicate your energies where they belong -- in the realm of romance.
● General: You're feeling energetic and ready to rock. In fact, you can't think of anything you'd rather do than get dressed, go out, and have fun. Your partner may be up for it, too, in which case it sounds as if you'll both be late to work tomorrow. But if they're not, be merciful. Offer to give them the night off and have a blast with your friends instead.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: You're a little scattered lately. You need to rediscover your focus and get back on the right track. Put everything else on hold until you're organized enough to deal with your tasks and responsibilities without freaking out.
● Finances: You're too stubborn to give up! If you started a get rich quick scheme, the only thing you need to change about your plan is the quick part, and that's actually a big improvement.
● Love: Decide whom you want to flirt with. Pick out your best outfit and dazzle your friends and any onlookers. Your romantic confidence takes a giant upswing when you take control of your love life.
● General: Your companion for the evening, or significant other, seems to have a lot on their mind tonight. So much, in fact, you're having trouble getting their undivided attention. There's only one thing to do -- but you'd better be sure you're in private when you do it: Give them a personal lap dance. Oh, and once you have their undivided attention? Well, it's up to you what you do with it.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Don't hide your feelings about the way things have been going down around the workplace. You can make positive change happen quickly -- but first you have to speak up and offer some good ideas along the way.
● Finances: People traditionally choose dinner as a way to see if they're compatible, but how do you check out an investment option? Doing your due diligence is the only first date being offered, so dig in.
● Love: Being direct and open is second nature to you. With romance, however, revealing everything is overrated. Leave some of your details to your date's imagination -- it's much, much sexier that way.
● General: Prepare to become privy to at least one wonderful secret, if not more. The tricky part is you may need to keep this to yourself for a week or two. As wonderful as you'll be feeling, that may not be easy. But if you really try, you'll be able to pull it off. And when it's time for the big revelations, think of how wonderful you'll feel about letting the cat out of the bag. Pat yourself on the back when everyone wants to know how you managed to keep mum.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: The right people are watching you, but don't worry -- your every move will be played just right. Count on your instincts to save the day, and if you don't know what comes next, act as if.
● Finances: In a true friendship, when one person gains, so does the other. In an unbalanced relationship, it's always one up, one down. So who in the world is getting rich, and how do you break up before you go broke?
● Love: Your mind is busy trying to untangle this latest romantic snarl, but in the meantime, your heart wants to have its say. This may happen in the form of a friend who just has to share his opinion. Why not listen?
● General: You've often been complimented on your voice. But now, it's also going to be your words that will soothe, comfort and bring peace to warring factions -- even if one of those warring factions happens to be your family. You can do it. They may be at each other's throats, but you can calm them down -- just like you've always been able to. That goes for friends, too, by the way, even the newer ones.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Someone in your department might be having a hard time articulating something. Go ahead and help them out if you feel up to it -- today you're a born diplomat and a natural counselor.
● Finances: Making it through this tight time is one of life's little contests. You'll pass with flying colors if you don't let yourself get burned by the friction. Think of finance as a sport, and don't lose your temper.
● Love: You're a thoughtful and profound person, and you're tired of the small talk you feel like you have to go through on dates. Then why go through it? Really try and get to know the person. They'll love it, and so will you.
● General: In the mood to change something about your place? Thinking that maybe it's time for a little redecorating? Or are you considering something a bit more drastic, such as moving to a foreign country? Whatever it is, ignoring it won't help. You need to be happy where you are, and if you're feeling antsy and restless, you're not happy. Do whatever it takes.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Don't let any pests or time parasites eat up your day. You have tons of details to take care of, and you can't afford to be sidetracked. So if you have to be firm, oh well. Your ass is on the line, after all.
● Finances: If you're the type who enjoys obliging others, then you might wonder why it's such a little known pleasure. Not everyone takes pleasure in being of service, even though money is not the issue.
● Love: Serenity and peace of mind are luxuries without a price -- but far more obtainable than what we think makes us happy. You're willing to get out of the dating game (temporarily) for a little more calmness in your life.
● General: No fair being tired. It's your time to shine, and there's at least one person out there -- at the very least -- who wants to spend some time with you. They've been patient for days, while you toiled away, being dutiful and honorable. Now it's their turn for your attention. How could you possibly deprive them of it? Why would you want to? Take a cool shower, make some coffee and rally. You can do it!
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: It could be time for a change of venue for you or your business. Get started scouting locations and making sense of where you need to be. Then seek the right kind of people who can make it happen!
● Finances: Knowing how to be economical and having perseverance are the two most important assets in your personal portfolio. Mixed with a little creativity, you have everything you need to sail through to clearer skies.
● Love: A flirtation starts to heat up, but you're not sure you can face the flames. Rather than ducking out, why not step up to what has you quaking in your boots? You might -- gasp! -- even start to enjoy yourself.
● General: You want to go out and play, but you want some privacy too. Huh. This could be a tough one. You'll have to be creative -- but then, that's your specialty, isn't it? Well, how about taking the person you're craving some alone time with to a hot tub? Or, even better, to the drive-in? It won't matter what's playing, so don't worry about that part. Don't forget to bring your own provisions. Massage oil, maybe? Just in case someone gets stiff from sitting in one position for too long?
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: If your ego feels bruised, odds are you're just extra sensitive. Try to laugh it off for now -- if the problem persists and coworkers are the source of your discomfort, you may need to seek help from a superior.
● Finances: The last few months have turned you into an old relatives, or so it seems when you look in the mirror. If you've taken a beating, it's time for a vacation, with or without all the trappings.
● Love: A situation remains cloudy and your thoughts on a romantic prospect are just too muddled. That's fine. Who says you have to make a decision now anyway? Take it slow. Your intuition is telling you it isn't time.
● General: You want to see your friends, but you don't want to go out. Fine. They probably are in the same kind of mood. So why not have an impromptu party at your place? Get the phone lines going, and make sure anyone who's anyone knows where and what time. Whether you order some take-out or make it a potluck, you'll have a wonderful time. And after these hectic few days, you certainly deserve a bit of rest and relaxation.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Solicit your friends and peers for advice on your latest career dilemma. Perhaps you're looking in the wrong direction and a new perspective will free you up. It can't hurt to ask around.
● Finances: Your intuition is clouded by stress. Do whatever you have to do to clear some psychic space before making any major investments. Make a good dinner, read some poetry, then listen for clues.
● Love: Ever eaten an unripe pear? It's dry, tasteless and unyielding. Far better to let it sit on the tree and ripen. In other words, why be in such a rush? Your love life will pick up when it's good, ripe and ready.