Horoscope for today - Free Daily Horoscope - August 5 2017
Horoscope for today - Free Daily Horoscope - August 5 2017
● General: That secret you've been holding on to forever? The one you've been lugging around for what feels like most of your adult life? You're ready to let it fly -- and since it's your secret and your secret alone, you're perfectly entitled to. So when the endless questions start, and you feel as if the paparazzi is following you, don't hesitate to show them everything. Why hide what you're proud of?
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: This may not seem like the ideal time for a shakeup, but don't let that hold you back. Sometimes the best time to implement positive change is when no one's expecting it -- that way, they can't prepare to stonewall you.
● Finances: You're at loose ends. That's what looking at the numbers does to you these days. But you can still do something to pull yourself together. Do something healthy or start to get fit.
● Love: Friendship blossoms into romance when you least expect it. Are you ready to take the plunge? The stars predict that events will transpire slowly, so you'll have lots of time to make up your mind.
● General: This may be tough astrological turf for some signs to travel, but you'll undoubtedly do just fine. You're no stranger to difficult terrain. In fact, you often secretly welcome the trek. Your partner or best bud may not be quite so enthusiastic about this challenge, but if anyone can talk someone -- no, anyone -- into seeing the positive that might come from the negative, it's definitely you. Get busy.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Your leadership skills are in demand right now, and everyone -- from subordinates to supervisors -- wants to pick your brain. Don't shy away from the attention; there could be a promotion at the end of the tunnel.
● Finances: Counting cash was like caressing a lover's cheek or smelling blossoms. Don't feel like you've been duped now that it's left you for someone else. Instead, focus on real romance.
● Love: Your passionate commitment to a cause wins all kinds of attention, including that certain cutie. However, you have more important things on your mind. Never fear -- they know you're worth waiting for.
● General: If there's one thing you definitely don't appreciate, it's being manipulated. You can smell it a mile away and know the signs with your eyes closed. So when a dear one -- probably a family member or long-time friend -- starts gearing up for just that, don't just sit there and watch what they're up to. You already know. Give them your answer before they ask the question. You'll feel so proud of yourself.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Resist the temptation to hold back; at this point, waffling will only lead to setbacks. Get a jump on the competition by starting a new project now, instead of waiting for them to figure out what you're up to.
● Finances: Email, cell phone, instant feed -- make sure you are crystal clear, whatever means of correspondence you prefer. Your thoughts might be misread, and in today's climate, that could be the final straw.
● Love: The first test of a new romantic relationship is seeing how your sweetie acts in front of your friends. Try not to make it obvious, though. This isn't really a test, so keep things as low-key as possible.
● General: Keeping things lighthearted and pleasant is your specialty, but it may not be such a piece of cake now. Someone is deliberately stirring up trouble, and doing a fine job of it. Funny thing is, as good as you are at keeping the peace, you're equally good at defending it. You won't stand for this, and you shouldn't. Let all parties concerned know you can only be pushed so far -- and this happens to be your limit.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Make backup copies of everything, and store them in a secure location -- nothing is safe right now. Keep an eye on important documents or they could disappear without warning.
● Finances: You got yourself into a mess and you can get yourself out of it. Be practical. It's a good day to make plans for cleaning up, as long as they're not pie in the sky.
● Love: Someone who's very different from your usual type is interested in getting to know you better. Your immediate response upon meeting them is 'No way!' Hold on there -- try to be open to all the possibilities.
● General: You're usually the original party-animal, always totally unable to keep quiet -- and always up for at least one game of anything. The good news is that even though you can't always track down someone to join you, you'll have no problem whatsoever finding other revelers this coming weekend. You may end up canceling the party and reducing the guest list to two, but that doesn't sound too bad, either.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: You may not agree with a colleague's methods, but you could learn a thing or two by watching how they operate. Remember, there are many different paths to success, and you're on just one of them.
● Finances: Don't waste time and energy fighting reality. Besides, being more thrifty and conservative than usual is good for your character. Learning to curb your impulses is but one way.
● Love: Stay free -- it's not necessary to make a commitment right away. The joy of being single is that you can look at all the options and make sure the right one is right for you. You have plenty of time.
● General: Everyone around you is in an absolutely foul mood. They're either angry, depressed or depressed and angry, so you need to assemble some personal boundaries -- and quickly, too. You don't need to shut the world out entirely, but you'd better think twice before you offer to 'do anything you can' to help. They'll undoubtedly take you up on it -- and try to make you feel guilty if you hold anything back. Think of this as a game of chess. Make a good opening move.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: If you're unsure whether it's time to jump in with both feet, you can stop wondering now. Gather information and put off your decision a while longer. You have every right to know all the details, after all.
● Finances: You worked hard, and it looks like you may be in the same financial boat as those who did nothing at all. But that's just how things appear at the moment. Your sweat equity is down the line.
● Love: Are you trying to squeeze in romance between work, your busy social life and family obligations? Stop trying so hard. You have a lot on your plate right now. Let love happen on its own schedule, not yours.
● General: Communication will take center stage now, especially the long-distance variety. This could mean the news you won't relish is on its way. If that's the case, as intuitive as you are, you probably already know what to expect and when it's coming. Think of how many times you've answered the phone -- without the benefit of caller ID -- and known exactly who was on the other end.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Everyone may be pressuring you to sign off on a new proposal, but be wary: It may not be everything it's cracked up to be. Make sure you have all the necessary assurances before you say yes.
● Finances: Money isn't your sum total, so don't let the bottom line start to overwhelm you. The details may weigh you down, but getting out and socializing is the best way to feel light hearted again.
● Love: The feeling is mutual -- really, really, really mutual. All signs are pointing to go, but you're still hesitating. What gives? Hey, if you're not ready, you're not ready. But if you are -- you really should make a move.
● General: An astrological lineup is on duty today, and it's anything but boring -- and you, in particular, will appreciate what's in store. If you haven't been seeing anyone lately, you'll be pleased to know that the situation is about to change -- under most unusual circumstances. Be prepared for a coincidental situation to bring you face to face with someone you were absolutely meant to meet, romantic or otherwise.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Things aren't going as smoothly as they should be. The effects of low morale may not be obvious to your boss, but they certainly are to you. Try to figure out a way to nip this situation in the bud.
● Finances: No good deed goes unpunished. Doing a friend a favor could have serious consequences, and not good ones. Keep mum, and save the tips for the service.
● Love: Put those practical tendencies aside. What you need is a little fun and frivolity, especially when it comes to your love life. That doesn't necessarily mean tons of dates, either -- do something indulgent for yourself.
● General: Just in time for a truly delightful weekend, the universe has arranged for you to connect with someone who's every bit as reputable, diligent and honest as you are. Does that mean you won't be having any fun? Not at all. You may, however, be hard-pressed to say goodnight -- so don't. Make a pot of coffee, sit down at the kitchen table and exchange stories about all your recent goings-on. It's all part of the delicious process of connecting.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: It's one thing to have big ideas, but you can't expect everyone to jump on board right away. Be patient and wait for others to catch up; meanwhile, be prepared to think small for a while.
● Finances: Some friendships last a lifetime, and others may drive you crazy before they sputter out. You're experiencing the later. Is it really chemistry or just your financial situation leaking into your private life?
● Love: Your sense of humor is unbeatable. You know that the funniest circumstances in life are the ones that you just can't change. This quirky perspective attracts all the right people -- including some new romantic prospects.
● General: You may not realize it yet, but someone's secret jealousy is taking on a life of its own -- and you may well be at the heart of it. Don't feel guilty about it. You're only in control of your own actions and can't be expected to worry about someone else's. So, when and if something unexpected or unseemly emerges, sit tight. No one says you have to offer any comment before you're ready.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Think twice before you open your mouth -- now's not the time to stir the pot. Keep a firm check on your tongue or you could end up blurting out the wrong thing without even realizing it.
● Finances: It's not time to run for the hills. A lot can be achieved by simply showing up, but you can earn more if you figure out the new lay of the land. Do your research.
● Love: A crush goes from low heat to flambe when a new party enters the scene. However, it can (and probably will) disappear just as quickly as it develops. Make sure you don't do something impulsive that you might regret later.
● General: Okay, now we're talking. You've been waiting for days -- no, more than a week -- for astrological weather like this. Basically, what you're finally due to enjoy is a whole lot of fire, which translates into pure energy and inspiration. Prepare yourself to play, and play hard. How nice all this arrived just in time for the weekend. Better double up on your vitamins and make sure you have plenty of coffee on hand.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Direct communication channels will work better than the standard routes today. Email servers are clogged and unreliable, and the people who send them are even more so. Go right to the source.
● Finances: Be extra careful with business deals. The future seems uncertain, so how can you plan ahead? Cover the details you have now, and try to extrapolate.
● Love: Knowing what you want is a start, but now you have to go out and get it before it's too late. Give fate a nudge and talk to that cutie you've been eyeing for a while. The universe helps those who help themselves.
● General: You're ordinarily a pretty darned sociable creature, always ready, willing and able to mingle with others -- especially if they're fun. Today, however, you won't want to be around other people, and you certainly won't want to work with anyone. So the individual who's foolish enough to insist you take their advice or include them in your project won't be a happy camper once you've finished with them. But give ample warning. It's only fair.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: You've been working a long time without any major breakthroughs. Don't worry: Things are about to gel, and when they do, there'll be no limit to what you can accomplish.
● Finances: When it comes to money, you can't be too analytical -- or too critical, for that matter. Your bottom line depends on your relationships, and it's time to do some weeding and pruning.
● Love: Expand your interests and you expand your possibilities for love. Do some research at the library. Sign up for a class on a topic that's always intrigued you. The sexiest part of a person is the mind, you know.