Free Daily Horoscope - April 23 2017
● General: You might not realize it at first, but whenever you're in a group of people today, laughing and having a good time, you are actually creating something -- energy, strong support, and friendship. Right now, you'll find that group settings are a great source of productivity, even if the group is a chatty and relaxed one. So try to be as collaborative as possible. Even if it's just you and one other person, you'll get way more done than you would get done by yourself.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: Your energies will serve you better if you're focused on helping instead of hindering. You have every reason to be frustrated, but be careful where you direct those jabs -- don't risk saying something you can't take back.
● Finances: You don't have any real problems today. If you thrive on stress, you may be tempted to create a few for yourself. You could apply yourself in much more productive and lucrative ways, though, with a bit of self-restraint.
● Love: Waiting and watching; waiting and watching. If you're staring at the phone, expecting that call, it just isn't going to happen. Instead of remaining at an impasse, why not make the first move? Just be casual -- and if nothing else, at least you'll know where you stand.
● General: Some weird behavior that has been going on in your social circle right now might be meant to get a rise out of you -- and you simply can't ignore it anymore. Give it some of your attention today, and push back when the comments get too pushy or provocative. Set aside time early in the day to start the conversations you need to have. Be bold and honest -- get to the bottom of things as quickly as possible. You will be very relieved when you do.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Make sure you have a real objective before you go around making changes on the home front. Try not to get in the habit of fixing things that aren't broken -- you don't want to be known as the naysayer.
● Finances: Don't try to tackle your problems on your own. Asking for help is difficult but not impossible for you. You don't need a handout, you need a leg up. There's a big difference.
● Love: Your heart says one thing, but that stubborn brain of yours is stifling its message. Why so uncompromising and rigid? Ease up! If you can coax them into working together, you'll experience a new level of emotional maturity and connection.
● General: New people can add vitality and energy to your life, but they can also distract you from other important things. There are many work or school issues that need your full attention right now. Be careful about accepting too many invitations or going out on too many dates -- you might not have as much free time as you think you do, and it would be a real shame to start something you can't follow through with.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: It's a good time to think through challenging problems. You've been searching and searching, and finally, you've found some guiding inspiration. Your mind is clear and your source of motivation is easily accessible and readily available.
● Finances: Things in life are rarely radically changed overnight. They change gradually, until you finally notice. You'll have that epiphany today. When the light bulb goes off, you'll wonder how you got where you are.
● Love: Treat everyone in your life with the respect they deserve, even if they've double-crossed you and done you wrong. You don't have to love or even like them, but showing common courtesy even to your worst enemies is a very classy move.
● General: Just as one bad apple can spoil the whole barrel, one bad idea (if left unchecked) can ruin a healthy team dynamic. So watch out for unusual, untested theories today. You have to be diligent in your professional role and stay focused on the greater good. Don't let peer pressure, fancy titles or outright bullying intimidate you into going along with the crowd if you know that the crowd is going in the wrong direction.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Doing a little homework after hours won't hurt, especially if you're falling behind. After all, you'll never get to the top (or even ahead) if you don't take some initiative. No, that doesn't mean working all the time, but it does mean working intelligently.
● Finances: Keep your eyes open and your hand on your wallet. Not everyone holds the same belief system about money that you do, so don't make any assumptions. You may not be among pickpockets -- but you might as well be.
● Love: You don't need a complete overhaul in the romance department, but a few minor adjustments wouldn't hurt. Experiment a little, ask around. Find out what's working for others and start trying them out. Don't discard certain suggestions because they sound outlandish -- you have nothing to lose.
● General: Someone you know who has a huge ego is going to get knocked down a peg or two today -- and you are going to find the spectacle exceedingly entertaining. But seeing another person humbled should not make you gloat. You can be proud of being a bit wiser than certain people -- but if you get too cocky about it, you're sure to end up making a fool of yourself, too! Humility makes wise people like you seem even wiser.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: There's nothing on your agenda today that you can't take care of later. So if things are slow and you're having trouble motivating yourself to do some work around the house, don't fight it. Give in to the urge to relax.
● Finances: Pride has you digging in your heels, but that is counterproductive. Remind yourself that the bottom line is what really counts, not your ego. Changing tacks is the sensible thing to do.
● Love: Your capricious personality keeps you fresh and fun, but not everyone sees it that way. It's especially puzzling for a certain someone who is fascinated if not a little disturbed by your whimsical nature. Well -- that's on them. Either they learn to live with it or they can shove off!
● General: If you don't have anything to look forward to right now, then make something to look forward to -- you need to remind yourself that you're in charge of your life. It's time to stop waiting for other people to make things happen! Reorganize your day -- do your morning routine in the afternoon for a while, and see how that feels. You'll be surprised at how a slight change in your schedule can energize you.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Unexpected conflicts at home may bring you down right now, but keep your worries to yourself. Now's the time to address those issues and come to a resolution. You don't want to bring your personal business into the office.
● Finances: You're sick of making the same old adjustments. You need to change things in a new way. That doesn't mean a drastic shake up, but it means not falling back on your usual ways.
● Love: It's a great time to get personal! Connecting with new people is especially easy for you because you're not afraid to go where others refuse to tread. You'll say, without a second thought, what everyone else is thinking. Don't worry if others are shifting uncomfortably in their seats -- you know what's up!
● General: Someone you know very well could be working too hard at having a good time. This person wants to be the life of the party but is perhaps losing sight of what 'fun' really means. Try to schedule some time for just the two of you -- create a relaxed situation that will encourage him or her to talk about what's going on. Your listening skills are needed in this situation, so don't feel obligated to provide answers. Just offer a sympathetic ear.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: You might feel stuck in the mud today, but don't get upset when things don't move more quickly. Instead, take your mind off your own problems and lend a hand elsewhere. Chances are, someone in your household needs help.
● Finances: Congratulations, you're learning. Now that you understand one of the basic rules, you'll find it easy to pick up others. Having them all memorized isn't necessary to make a buck, but it sure helps.
● Love: You may be a little skeptical of certain ideas -- blind dates, speed dating or setups -- but don't be so fast to dismiss these notions. It's not about trying every new technique under the sun. It is, however, about putting yourself into action and getting some much-needed exposure.
● General: Change affects different people in different ways. Expect your reaction to a major transition to be unlike anyone else's. You have always been open to new experiences, and right now you are very eager to see things get mixed up in your life. This is not the case for everyone close to you, though -- and you must be sensitive to this fact. When the change happens, ask people what their feelings are, and work with them until everyone is on the same page.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Problems at home may be a source of distraction today, and your work will probably suffer next week until you find a solution. Deal with emergencies instead of sidestepping responsibility, then you can concentrate on the bigger issues.
● Finances: Money is causing problems at home. It's nothing radical, but it's affecting your relationships in subtle ways. When arguments and outbursts make no sense, look to their true source.
● Love: Today's a great day to talk to strangers -- well, not every stranger, of course. If the person gives you the heebie jeebies, pass. But if they're clean, cute and their ring finger is wedding-band free, strike up a conversation. Even a simple hello can open the floodgates to a new romance.
● General: The give and take of ideas is not always an effortless experience -- your ego can get involved, and trying to 'win' a debate can distort the exchange. Whenever you share ideas, you need to focus solely on accurately conveying what you think, not on proving that you're the only person who's 'right.' And you definitely can't make things personal. If a debate gets too heated today, you should be prepared to agree to disagree, and just walk away before things go too far.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: You're just too scattered to do anything detail-oriented today. And why shouldn't you be? It's been an intense project! Take a break if at all possible -- you deserve it after all the extra work you tackled.
● Finances: You're able to understand new ideas more easily than usual today. If you keep an open mind, you'll get quite an education from the universe. It's all info you can put to good use, so listen up.
● Love: Choices, choices. Just when you thought you found a good one, an even better one comes into view. See how much fun dating can be? Don't commit to anything just yet -- use this opportunity to sample the goods.
● General: You can never be sure what the future will hold -- but you should still try to plan for it. To some extent, you can make your future happen the way you want it to. Today, try to lay the foundation for a few important things you hope to do someday -- whether that means requesting vacation time from work, upping the ante on your retirement savings, or figuring out the best time of year for your dream wedding.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Turn off the cell phone and power down the computer today -- even the most loyal employee deserves a little down time! It's one thing to be dedicated to your job. It's quite another to be constantly on call.
● Finances: Don't let yourself be taken in by a get-rich-quick scheme. You're the target of one as old as the hills, although it's dressed up in modern clothes. Use your smarts and resist.
● Love: Everything old is new again. So open up that tattered little ol' black book and pick a name. Remember John from high school or Judy from college? Old flames can reignite -- it's just a matter of timing and opportunity.
● General: The fact that you'll have a lot of high energy today will do more than fuel your own productivity -- it could make some inspiring changes within your group of friends. In all your activities, your enthusiasm will bubble up from deep inside you without any effort on your part -- and this enthusiasm will be contagious. Without realizing it, you'll show people options they've never considered before. If they decide to follow you, welcome them warmly and lead them fearlessly.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: If people keep turning to you for off-hours help, it's time to set some boundaries. After all, even you need downtime. It's fine if coworkers want to call you in a pinch, but this is getting a little ridiculous.
● Finances: Your energy is inspiring to others, even if it's wearing you out. You'll feel better at the end of the day if you apply it to something productive and lucrative rather than just burning it off all day long. The right project is under your nose.
● Love: It's all about the energy you're putting out there, so if you're expecting more of the same old same old, that's what you'll likely get. If, on the other hand, you're anticipating some fantastic new developments on the romance and career fronts, well get ready, because here they come!
● General: If you have a somewhat busy day today, make an effort to get things done as soon as you can -- you will need some free time in the afternoon so you can daydream about your future. Sound silly to schedule fantasy time? It's not -- in fact, it's just as important as a doctor's appointment or a staff meeting. Your imagination requires maintenance, and you need to get some imagining done so you can recognize a dream coming true when it happens.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: No, you can't take an impromptu vacation. But you can do the next best thing when you go back to work next week: Delegate the mindless tasks to an intern or subordinate. That way you can focus on the creative stuff instead.
● Finances: Don't let others tell you you're being unrealistic. Being open to change is just not their forte. You can see how things could be drastically different and you're willing to give it a shot, with or without the approval of others.
● Love: Everyone needs a little help in the love department once in a while, even stouthearted you. Initiating a heart-to-heart with a friend or getting a little advice from a romantic mentor is far better than trying to deal all by yourself.