Free Daily Horoscope - April 17 2017
● General: Conveying your emotions to the people who have affected them (whether in a negative or positive way) is a good thing to do, but you have to be careful not to overwhelm anyone. Being sensitive to other people is extremely important today -- your conscientiousness will go a long way toward keeping them from getting defensive about what you say. Gentle praise will go a lot further than wildly enthusiastic gushing, too -- keep a lid on your enthusiasm and play it cool.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: It's easy to get upset. Nothing seems to be going your way today, and your family isn't making matters any better. They're downright nasty and mocking your seeming inability to function today. Ignore them -- you'll be back at work tomorrow.
● Finances: What you consider frank, others consider insulting. You're better off erring on the side of caution when having a delicate conversation today. The results are more than a matter of social standing; money is at stake.
● Love: You're sensitive to criticism right now, so it's probably not the best time to inquire too deeply about anything personal. Don't ask for honesty if there's a chance you'll be angry with the answer. Keep it light and breezy for the time being.
● General: Despite the guilt trips you've been given in the past from militant authority figures, there is nothing wrong with taking a pass on projects and choosing to explore the more recreational side of your life every once in a while. Things in your life are loosening up, and you have a lot more wiggle room than you have had for a while. So put off the boring stuff for a while longer and put some time into fun and frivolity -- no harm should come of it.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: That old enemy envy will rear its ugly head during the next few days as your competition gains a little bit of steam. Instead of hating on this person, distinguish yourself with creativity, not thoughtless efficiency or chronic complaining.
● Finances: Someone sees right through you today and it's a humbling experience. That's the good part. Learning that your charm is nothing more than the sparkle of fool's gold will change you in ways the real thing couldn't. It goes without saying it's change for the better.
● Love: This isn't a race to the altar, though it seems like it sometimes. Even if your feelings for someone special are growing, don't act on them yet. Give yourself time to think things through before jumping the gun on romance.
● General: If you are worried about any aspect of your health, you need to act on these worries. Going online and researching your way into panic mode is not a wise use of your time. Pick up the phone, call your doctor, and make an appointment. That is the only way to get a definitive answer about your physical well being -- and it's going to go a very long way toward improving your mental well being, too! You only have one life to live, so live it responsibly.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Day off be damned! Those brilliant thoughts will flood your consciousness whether you're in the middle of a brainstorming session or in the middle of a lake. When inspiration hits, be ready to free associate and jot down those nuggets of wisdom.
● Finances: Don't be too inflexible in your thinking. You need to be able to bob a weave, as circumstances warrant. Digging your heels in could leave you way too vulnerable. It's not a good time for those kinds of extremes.
● Love: Follow your instincts and be spontaneous for a change of pace. Your indecisiveness is frustrating, especially when everyone else is on a mission. Instead of vacillating over the options in front of you, go with your first hunch.
● General: It might seem like an obvious thing to remember, but it doesn't hurt to remind yourself about it one more time: Do not get involved with stuff that you are not sure about! Sure, this latest deal might seem too good to pass up, or that person might seem like just the perfect match you've been looking for -- but until you are 100 hundred percent sure that what you think is correct, hold off a little while longer. Acting too impulsively is not wise right now.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Next week, the competition will really heat up, and suddenly the usual routines and methods just won't cut it anymore. Try to break out of the same old mode and come up with a whole new way of doing things. It's time to hone that competitive edge.
● Finances: Your private problems are spilling over into your professional life, and that's hardly productive. Blocking things out is no longer an option. Take some time off and deal with them once and for all. In the long run, it will be worth the money lost today.
● Love: You'll get the best results by being seductive and silent in everything you do, so foster an enigmatic presence when encountering new people -- particularly hot ones. Save the assertiveness for the office.
● General: You have more free time than you think you do today, so use it wisely. Devote more energy to research and look at the issues you are struggling with a bit more deeply. Your attitude about your physical self needs to change, and if it takes some research to help you find an answer, then you can find that answer today. Invest some time in exploring a different philosophy or religion. You don't have to adopt it, but there is more to life than what you currently believe.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Privacy is one of your top priorities over the coming weeks, so don't compromise it. You won't have time for other people's crises either, so if you're able to ditch the office and work from home, do it as much as possible.
● Finances: You want some fun and you'll go out on a limb to get it. As long as that doesn't entail overspending, let yourself go way out there. Don't be bothered by the petty concerns of those who wish you would play it safe. Use that kind of caution only when it comes to your finances.
● Love: If you're feeling restless today, give into the wanderlust. Plan a trip to a tropical archipelago, or at the very least, a weekend getaway. As you prepare for this new adventure, your angst should subside.
● General: Don't hesitate to prioritize investigation over cooperation today -- you are feeling much more intellectually curious than usual, and you should honor that urge. Take time to figure out what is really going on. Your period of willingness to do just what you are told without questioning why is over -- right now, you know that to do anything, you have to feel confident it is the right thing to do. Your morals are not to be changed now -- they are the only thing you should rely on.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Your ability to cut through the clutter and zero in on the information you need is phenomenal and vital to your success. This talent will be especially helpful when it comes to soothing frazzled nerves on the home front.
● Finances: You're the heavy today. When everyone else sees all systems go, you have to put up a big, fat red light. It's not that you don't want things to succeed, it's that you see the booby traps others are blind to.
● Love: You're so resourceful! Let your inquisitiveness be your guide the next time you plan a date with someone new. Rely on your natural curiosity to find places out of range for the common folk.
● General: If you are diving into a new subject, book, job, task, project or relationship today, it doesn't matter how prepared you are. Just go deep and you'll navigate these waters, no problem! Preparation is usually an invaluable way to empower yourself in an unfamiliar situation. But today your instincts are sharp and your flexibility is good -- you'll be able to handle anything that comes your way, so don't you worry about looking silly or getting lost.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Material objects hold a strong appeal, and you have a special aptitude for assessing the worth of art or real estate. If you've been considering buying an investment property, it's a great time to call an agent or drive around and see what's out there.
● Finances: Current projects are a nice balance between sensibility and excitement. Your practical side gets indulged while your wilder side is thrilled with the bottom line. Enjoy the new normal.
● Love: Love yourself, and you'll be irresistible to others. A chronic lack of self-esteem blocks access to your heart. Having confidence in yourself is the key to finding the perfect mate and happiness in everything you do.
● General: Your magnetic personality is pulling people to you left and right today. At first, you'll love all of the attention -- but as the day goes on, it might be tough getting comfortable with all of it. It's not as if you will have paparazzi swarming all over you, but by the end of the day you will definitely be glad to be out of the spotlight
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Nothing frightens you right now, that's why the next few days present a great time to start on an intimidating project. You're immune to the feeble interferences of your rivals, and you'll work as if you can't see or hear a thing -- now that's focus!
● Finances: When something seems too good to be true, it goes without saying it is. And yet? That certain someone sure can be convincing. It will take all the willpower you can muster to resist their pitch. On the other hand, if you give in, not much will be lost.
● Love: Be realistic. It's time to think about your romantic aspirations. Are your standards too high or somewhat attainable? What you want and what you need might be drastically different. Now's your chance to achieve some harmony between these two extremes.
● General: If you want to be alone right now, then for goodness' sake be alone -- you cannot be peer-pressured into being social. So tell friends to go on and have their fun without you, you'll be fine. Right now, your friends hold a bit more influence over your life than they should, and it's probably a good thing to be without their influence for a while. You need to sit with yourself and look at the big picture. Figure out what it is that you want, not what it is that they want.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Don't pressure yourself to do anything today. You'll be much more productive if you feel safe and nurtured, perhaps even isolated from the whimsy of the outside world. So just chill out and enjoy your day.
● Finances: Good feelings come from unexpected places today. Friendship, money, a good cup of coffee -- those are all the usual suspects. Your emotional windfall comes when you least expect it, from a source you will never imagine.
● Love: Stop putting off all those annoying little details. It's a good day to organize the odds and ends in your life that drive you crazy. Make a to-do list of everything you want to accomplish and start crossing off items. If you don't get it all done today, don't stress. At least you made a start.
● General: Moving from where you are in life to where you want to be in life is a lot easier than you think. Today, new energies are coming into your life and they are wiping the slate clean. Keep in mind that no matter how major or how minor the alterations you want to bring to your life are, change always takes some effort. Be aware that you're going to use muscles you haven't used before, so you could wake up feeling a bit sore. The pride you feel will offset any aches, though.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Something's definitely missing today at home today. Maybe you're in your own world; maybe your people are off doing their own thing -- whatever it is, get everyone together at some point today and enjoy some time with each other.
● Finances: You want your bills paid off, yesterday. Keep dreaming. It doesn't seem possible you'll ever get where you want to be going at this snail's pace, but you will if you just keep at it. Snails don't have one foot to put in front of the other, now do they?
● Love: A friend of yours could use some cheering up. Though you'd rather spend your day flirting and flitting, buck up and see what you can do for this person. Even if it's nothing, your pal will appreciate the gesture.
● General: If you are feeling a bit stuck in a rut at work right now, a new career is not what you need -- what you really need is a new career attitude! To infuse your daily grind with more positive energy, pretend you're a newbie again. Research your employer as an outsider would and you'll get a whole new outlook on what they do and how you can help them do it. Pretend you're starting all over again, and you will start to feel like you are starting all over again -- in a good way!
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: You see things as if you were peering through a magnifying glass, and no distracting emotions can pass through. The details are perfectly apparent; a pane of glass lies between you and the subject you're examining.
● Finances: Who knew that realizing a profit could be so darn exciting? You're much more willing to put in all the dull, sensible drudgery now that you finally see what it's all for. Enjoy the mental connections.
● Love: If you're feeling wishy-washy about plans you made with friends, avoid backing out at the last minute. Steel yourself and just go with the flow. You'll be pleasantly surprised when an interesting stranger emerges from the din.
● General: If you feel unsure about what the next steps should be in a romantic or work relationship, look for signs that will indicate what the right path is today. They are there -- you just need to see them. Doubting yourself is absolutely normal, and it has given you the healthy skepticism to recognize a solid thing when you see it. Just don't be too rough on people who are putting pressure on you. They care about you and want your success -- they just haven't figured out how to show you.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: You're feeling rundown today and your head feels as if it's stuffed with cotton candy. But if you're lucky, a family member will pick you up and dust you off. Your best bet is to buckle down and get some housework done to keep your mind focused.
● Finances: Everyone thinks they know best, but when the boss speaks, you're supposed to play right along with them. If, however, by some chance you find yourself letting your opinions be known, don't kick yourself for being a blabbermouth. Your honesty will be rewarded.
● Love: Keep your moods in check. Emotions oftentimes get in the way and nothing comes out as you intended. Sure, it's important to let that certain someone know how you feel, but it doesn't mean they need a constant reminder.