Free Daily Horoscope - April 16 2017
● General: If you would rather be by yourself today, be by yourself. And if you'd rather be smack dab in the middle of a bustling crowd, then head to where the action is. You need to do whatever makes you feel most comfortable right now. Luckily, little, if any, pressure is on you to conform right now, so if you feel like breaking away from what everyone is doing today, that shouldn't cause any waves with people. Everyone just wants you to be happy.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: If you play your cards right over the coming weeks, a promotion or coveted reassignment could be your fate. You provide the spark that is absent from a new project -- and your creativity and unique perspective will definitely not go unnoticed.
● Finances: You're thinking for yourself. You may not be the pioneering type normally, but circumstances warrant it today. Being one of the sheep may feel safe and cozy but that's not high on your list of priorities right now.
● Love: Let a certain someone in a little deeper today. Be honest about your dreams and ambitions, and don't hold back. Let the conversation get more intimate than usual. If you feel uncomfortable at any time, pull back.
● General: There's so much going on underneath the surface right now that you might not be able to understand everything. So give yourself plenty of time to determine your next move. Think things through rationally, and try not to let your desire to be liked limit your options. Sometimes you have to tell people things they don't want to hear. Resist making any judgments on the behaviors of others. If it's not your cup of tea, say so -- but don't condemn the tea altogether!
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Whether it's a new lawn mower or a new car, read the fine print carefully before you agree to buy it. You may feel extra haughty because of your workplace finesse, but don't get overconfident. Even you can get screwed over.
● Finances: You're more tempted than usual to take some big risks. Playing it safe just seems so boring. But can you really afford to lose? Don't just imagine all of your winnings. Be realistic.
● Love: Too many late nights can wreak havoc with your health (and your looks). Instead of another crazy evening out on the town, stay in and relax with someone special. Hit the hay early for a little bedtime delight!
● General: When was the last time you put yourself at someone else's service? True, it can be a humbling -- or even humiliating -- experience to do someone else's bidding, but it can also be very rewarding. Find a friend or relative who is overwhelmed by their life right now and let them know that you are there for them. Offer to run errands, help out with babysitting or just listen to them vent their frustrations. You will be surprised by how satisfied you feel.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: It's Saturday but you're already dreading Monday. You've taken on so many projects, you simply don't know where to begin. Here's a hint: Consider delegating some assignments so you can focus on those that will keep your career moving forward.
● Finances: No one wants to hear you preach. It's a shame, because you could really teach them a thing or two. You know better than to even try, though. Just sigh and continue keeping your secrets of success to yourself.
● Love: Your heart may want to move quickly, but your head knows better. Don't rush in where fools fear to tread -- avoid getting involved with matters (and people) you're unsure of. Play it safe for now.
● General: Be on the lookout for some emotional intensity and upheaval to start happening with one of your friends today. Signs to watch for include a sudden change in their attitude, their flaking out on a commitment they made, or any other incident that involves acting out of character. As soon as you think something is going on with them, check in and find out if you can do something. A small assist on your part could make all the difference in improving their day.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Knowing what you want is one thing. Jumping the gun to get it is a whole other story -- that's grounds for disqualification. Patience over the next few days will serve you well. Bide your time, and as the dust is settling, pounce.
● Finances: Love yourself and others love you, too. You need to take care of yourself today. Money isn't the point. Whether it's checking into a spa or simply treating yourself to a healthy smoothie, it's a good time to do some self-nurturing.
● Love: The ability to laugh at yourself is an irresistible trait to cultivate. Your all-too-serious ego keeps getting in the way of a close connection with someone new. Instead of being overly sensitive about everything, shrug it off and keep giggling.
● General: You need to let go of your ego today -- and just have fun! When you're overly concerned about how you come off to other people, you can rarely be who you truly are! So if you want people to understand the Real You, you have to be the Real You. That means you can't hide your goofiness, your geekiness, or your silliness. You gotta show all the colors that make up your freak flag, and not be afraid of how they may or may not clash with others. People respect other people who can keep it real.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Any day is a great day to network, and you'll find that out soon enough when business and pleasure will mix unexpectedly. Don't turn down an opportunity to socialize if it comes along. You never know what's in store for you.
● Finances: You're bothered by people who don't know how to think big. But surrounding yourself by others who do is a risky proposition. It's good to have someone keeping you down to earth, even if it feels totally negative.
● Love: Time to reassess reality. Your ambitions, as they pertain to love and romance, are unrealistic -- to say the least. No, it's not about dating a Playboy Bunny or a racecar driver. It's a shallow existence, but you'll find that out the hard way if you keep it up.
● General: It's the differences between you and your friends -- not the similarities -- that keep you all close, believe it or not. So embrace and respect the fact that they don't always agree with you! Sure, you may not believe those who hold different views, but you should always believe in your friends! Harmony doesn't happen when all notes are the same; it happens when different notes come together and create a beautiful sound. Love the music you and your friends make.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: You know that success requires trial and error, but that may not be evident to everyone else. Now's a good time to keep a low profile while you're still getting on your feet. You don't want others to judge your minor setbacks.
● Finances: It's your way or the highway. If you can't rush right to the fun part, then forget it. That's hardly a mature way to approach making a living. Don't indulge such childish impulses for long.
● Love: Your smile and laughter put others at ease. People are naturally drawn to you more because of your sweet nature. Keep the conversation light and relaxed -- it'll give someone new an excuse to talk to you.
● General: A relationship that began rooted in business is starting to show signs of being much more congenial than ever before -- could this be a new friendship or even a new romance? Slow down there! Take these new developments very, very slowly. A lot is riding on continued harmony, so you need to be very careful where you take things. Think about when in the near future it would make sense to take the next step.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Make your presence known in industry circles. Mingle with clients and competitors and show them you're a force to be reckoned with. Once your name is out there, they won't easily forget it.
● Finances: Your current project is less than ideal. But you can change things for the better a lot easier than you can stew over the way things are. Start sending out some feelers. Responses will be more positive than you imagine.
● Love: True love is often complex and challenging before you see the real rewards -- that's why patience is so important. So don't fall for the intensity routine. Be wary of romantics who love you and then leave when it gets too serious.
● General: Why are you in such a hurry right now? The goal you're working toward isn't going anywhere, and reaching it early isn't going to earn you any extra brownie points. Have you ever considered the fact that you have more to learn from the process of reaching your goal than from actually reaching it? You'll have to find another place to channel all of your high energy today. Hit the gym. Go dancing. Run around the block. Physical exercise will help you slow your roll.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Stay close to home if you're feeling low on energy. This isn't a day for big moves or major decisions. The answers to your spouse's questions may elude you, so steer clear of the mix if you want to avoid the fire.
● Finances: You're too old to be blaming others for your mistakes. Getting swept up in the frenzy of the moment is no excuse. Others may have led you into a financial mess but you're the only one who can get yourself out of it.
● Love: Pay attention to patterns and trends right now. Your active subconscious will clue you in on a few ideas about what you want in a mate. It won't hurt to write down any profound observations along the way.
● General: You can expect a ton of invitations, opportunities and special requests to hit your inbox today. Sure, everything will sound tempting, but you can't do it all -- and you shouldn't. In fact, you should do none of it. It's time to slow down the pace of your days. Take on fewer commitments in your life, and remember what it's like to have free time! Too much has been going on lately, and you're in danger of losing perspective on who you really are.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: When the hot ideas start percolating, there's no holding back. By mid-afternoon, you will feel great about getting to work on them. You might find yourself working late into the evening, but you won't care. This stuff is priceless.
● Finances: Being part of a mutual admiration society has its advantages. It's just the soothing balm you need to keep on going. So surround yourself with people who like you back just as much as you like them. It's worth more than gold.
● Love: When it comes to dating, make it a group effort! Find friends who can help you accomplish your dating goals today. Whether it's setting you up with an acquaintance or editing your online profile, you'll get more done as a team.
● General: People are always telling you try to 'live in the moment', but today you should not feel the need to follow that advice. If your day is an especially busy one, you'll never have enough energy to fulfill that directive. And if your day is a very quiet one, you might get inordinately preoccupied on the one or two small things that are going on. So instead, look farther down the road of your life. You shouldn't feel pressure to create a specific plan.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Take care of the routine stuff early next week and the creative work will be a piece of cake later on. After all, there's nothing wrong with spinning your wheels now and then. Even your boss understands that everyone needs a little downtime.
● Finances: Someone would have you believe your plans are impossible, but that's only their view. Keep on persevering, with them or without them. If they give up, then that only means more for you when success finally arrives.
● Love: Getting to know someone better isn't about laying it all on the line on the first date. Instead, be sparing about your background. Your privacy means a great deal, so don't jeopardize it by revealing too much about yourself too soon.
● General: Feeling useful is important in anyone's life, because it makes you feel important -- like you matter. Usually, that kind of usefulness is something you seek out in a school or career context. But today, why not explore how you can be socially useful? Help people make party plans, decorate an event room or put together an invitation list. Heck, volunteer to be the designated driver. Any of these will be great ways to show how you matter (in a social context) to your friends.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Doing the job right is more important than doing it quickly, and sometimes that means doing it the hard way. This quick fix you've devised may have hidden pitfalls -- make sure it's airtight before putting it into production, so to speak.
● Finances: You feel trapped but the reality is that the sky's the limit. All you need to hear is your first 'yes' to realize this. Start organizing small groups to give you some feedback, then branch out from there.
● Love: Stand up for yourself! You hate being treated like a doormat, so why do you let people walk all over you? You want to be liked, that's only human, but you don't have to give in to every suggestion.
● General: You're in a passive mode today, although you don't have to worry about being anyone's doormat. Your people are looking out for you, and they will handle everything until you are ready to get back into the game. Meanwhile, let everything take its natural course, because the more you interfere, the more you're going to worry. And there's no point in worrying about things you can't control, so don't. Let those in control worry about how things are going to come together.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Make sure you don't overextend your resources, including your emotional reserves. To be honest, you're starting to wonder how you continue on like you do. Watch your own back -- only you can give yourself the break you need.
● Finances: Luck is with you when you spill the beans today, but you can't always count on that. Learn to keep your lips zippered while you still can. The next time you speak without thinking will cost you a pretty penny.
● Love: Don't exaggerate your own problems to gain the sympathy of others. What seems like an earth-shattering event for you, may mean nothing to someone else. Keep everything in proper perspective.