Free Daily Horoscope - February 23 2017
● General: You've been very good up to this point, so don't be surprised if Santa makes a special off-season trip, just to visit you. That's not an easy feat to pull off, of course -- being that good -- but recently, you've been undeniably loyal, faithful, hardworking and cheerful. All that's left for you now is to smile and thank the powers that be for noticing.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: It's best to duck out early and come back fresh in the morning. Little things will start to go wrong early today and pile up until it seems like there's just no way to progress past them by late afternoon.
● Finances: When you put up your periscope, you might report back some shocking news. In fact, it's downright foreign to everyone involved. That's why it pays to do some exploring before plunking down a chunk of change. Shake off the weird feelings and pat yourself on the back for doing just that.
● Love: Set out to have a solo adventure, and you never know who you might meet. Go to a place where like-minded individuals can be found -- a cool cafe, an art gallery, your favorite gourmet shop -- and shop around.
● General: Go out of your way to do something new, even in the smallest way. Take a different way to the office kitchen (who knew that there was a cute new hire in the east corner?) or go somewhere different for lunch (sushi -- what a nice change from the usual burrito!). If you make an effort, there are a thousand different ways you could shed a little light and brighten up your day. It might just spill over into all kinds of unexpected areas, too.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: You will be popular in the workplace, based on recent events that could include anything from rumors of a promotion to putting out a bowl of candy bars. Work it while you have it!
● Finances: It's not the right financial climate to be taking any risks, and yet you find it hard to enjoy life playing it safe. Find other outlets for your daring. You can't afford to be putting your money into anything that won't pay off.
● Love: Be cautious when it comes to romantic matters. If there's something you can't quite pinpoint that doesn't seem right, now's not the time to press forward regardless. If it's worth it, it can wait.
● General: Don't even try not to purr. This is one of those days -- the kind that have been specially designed to make all your romantic fantasies come true. The best part is that the person you've been dreaming of sharing this kind of day with is either ready to join you (and one well-placed comment will convince them) or already in the vicinity, making a mental list of activities. See? The perfect day.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: You're at your best zipping along, but for now, it's important to focus on one task at a time and get everything just right before moving on. Don't get too frustrated by today's slower pace.
● Finances: Some relationships withstand the test of time. One of your financial partnerships is interwoven into your future. Unfortunately, you don't know which one it is until the rest fail. One just may go down today.
● Love: Opposites may be extra attractive now, so be open to unusual types and use your versatile smarts to find out more about them. A few open-ended questions could end up in sweet agreement.
● General: You're not at all willing to give in to all those fantasies -- not just yet. In fact, it would take at least 15 minutes of extremely concerted efforts to talk you into a romantic weekend (or week) at the warm, sunny location of your choice. Once you've been so persuaded, of course, you'll be all for it. You won't even mind leaving the house in someone else's hands. Oh, go ahead. Let them talk you into it.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Trust your instincts and avoid getting involved in anything that feels shady or sketchy. If someone you trust implicitly vouches for it, consider loosening your stance, but your gut won't lie.
● Finances: It feels as if the very fabric of your financial world has been torn, and that's an apt analogy. You can sew it back together but it will never be exactly the same as it once was. There are new uses for it, though, and new energy is already flowing down the pipeline.
● Love: If a coworker is asking for a few too many details about your love life, well, there's no reason you have to answer. Smile mysteriously and rush off to a 'meeting,' even if it's just with your next cup of coffee.
● General: There are only two possible explanations for the mood you're in. One is that you've won the lottery, and you're now preparing to tell off your boss, your boss's boss and anyone who even remotely resembles either of them. But if that's not it, it looks like you're in love, and you've discovered that your special someone loves you too. Either way, nothing could be finer. To celebrate, you really should call someone you love and plan an extremely romantic evening out.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: It's a good time to push your personal agenda a little farther, or consider your next career step -- you can see what's best for you in the long run. A dab of praise will send your spirit soaring.
● Finances: You're not scared of a bit of adversity. What bothers you is the pettiness of playing it safe. Throwing yourself into overcoming a financial obstacle is your idea of fun, and you get to enjoy doing just that today.
● Love: You make looking for love look easy -- and tremendously fun. Maybe it's because you're being your fabulous self and feeling friendly with the world rather than seeking any specific thing.
● General: There's absolutely no doubt that love is in the air. You haven't felt this lighthearted and romantic since ... well, since Valentine's Day. Keeping that in mind, you should know that it's not just you. The rest of the world is feeling it too, which means your sweetheart can't help but be in a similar frame of mind and mood. Of course, you can always get the show on the road by bringing home a rose and the perfect attitude. Couldn't hurt, right?
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: It's harder than usual for you to focus on the details of your work. You might be able to exploit your restlessness by searching for new markets or opportunities -- or even a new employer.
● Finances: Going with the flow is for the sheep. You're too much of a leader for that. But as much as you want to be out there ahead of everyone, you just can't break free of the crowd, no matter how hard you force yourself to try. Don't let yourself give up trying.
● Love: Love is refusing to go by your schedule now, which can be rather frustrating -- if you let it be. But if you set your agenda aside and go with the flow -- or better yet, take a risk -- you may get a big, beautiful surprise.
● General: For the second day in a row, you can't seem to control the comments that insist on emerging from your lips, no matter how unlike your usual style -- cooperative, compromising and polite, that is -- they happen to be. You've been so darned blunt, you're actually beginning to wonder if you might not be possessed by the spirit of a late-night stand-up comedian. Stop wondering and stop worrying. It's almost over. Take a breath.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Your natural diplomatic skill should come in handy as you negotiate a touchy situation. You'll need to strike a balance between the service demanded by a client and what you can actually afford to give.
● Finances: When your current investments seem to be going nowhere, it makes sense to do a bit of exploring in other areas. Just be sure to keep things private, because responses might not be as good as you hope.
● Love: You may have some pretty big ideas about what you want from romance now, and good for you. Keeping them in mind -- and exploring them further -- makes it all the more likely you'll locate them.
● General: You're an expert at focus -- which some folks might actually call 'obsession' -- and you love nothing more than that feeling of concentration. It translates into infatuation in your book, and it's all good. You're feeling it now, but don't worry about being there alone. The object of your attention is not only on the same page, they've actually begun to read ahead of the assignment. Be sure you want to end up in the same place before you keep going.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Speak up when you need to and you'll win converts. You have the confidence (and, equally important, the appearance of confidence) that is so important when trying to convince others you're right.
● Finances: Face it, you're a shopaholic. If you buy one tiny thing on impulse, you risk buying a hundred tiny things on impulse. The only way to avoid slipping is to avoid any chance of shopping. It's surprisingly easy.
● Love: If it seems too good to be true, it probably is -- heed the instinct that's telling you not to get too excited before you know more. Use your powers of investigation to confirm or deny that gut feeling.
● General: Self-control has never been your strong suit -- but then again, you've never really wanted it to be. You much prefer taking every experience to the absolute nth degree, pushing every envelope just as far as it can possibly be pushed, and seeing just how much fun you can actually stand -- which is usually quite a bit, truth be told. That's going to go double now, so lay in a decent supply of antacids, aspirin and very strong coffee.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: A lot is going on underneath the surface that's inaccessible to the conscious mind, so don't be surprised if your client meeting gets complicated. Try just to go along with it and figure it out later.
● Finances: Feeling happy and confident is possible, as it turns out, without having a penny in the bank. Luckily for you, it's only a fleeting experience, but it's a lesson that leaves an indelible mark on you.
● Love: You're likely extra happy-go-lucky at the moment, and it looks very good on you. Take your fine self out and about exploring, with a friend or solo, and keep an eye out for a lucky connection.
● General: You've never been fond of secrets. When they're kept from you, you feel as if you're not in the loop, which just won't do. After all, you wrote the book on that very same loop. It's no better on the other side either. When you're keeping information from someone, you feel guilty, even if there's a really good reason for it. That said, better prepare to deal with it for a day or so, because there's something going on that's just not fit for public consumption yet.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: You can take some positive steps toward your next personal milestone, but you will need to stay focused. Let the workplace run itself for a while and think about your goals and ambitions.
● Finances: Remember when you thought about growing up? It didn't seem possible that it would ever actually happen, and yet it did. The same, sadly, goes for your old age. You need to take it much more seriously, and now.
● Love: It may suddenly become clear that part of your romantic ideals just aren't realistic. Do you want to hold onto that abstract perfection or find a real-deal romance, shortcomings and all?
● General: Okay, so you're not famous for being the type of person who conjures up Hallmark sentiments every time your mouth opens. You have other redeeming qualities -- among them, the ability to call a spade a spade. At the moment, however, you'll be amazed at just how poetically you'll describe that same spade. If you embarrass easily and you can't stand the thought of someone remembering you in this verbal condition, better swear off conversation entirely for at least the couple of days.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: It's time to rack up a few new responsibilities that are in line with your skill set. Even though you have made good progress of late, you might feel as though your talents aren't being put to their full use.
● Finances: What starts out as a small, side investment could turn into your major money maker. Returns are so good it's like they are coming from the Money Planet. You've tapped into something good; hold onto it.
● Love: Getting involved with a group of people who believe in a cause you're passionate about could well lead to other sorts of passion. Get political, explore the arts or volunteer for the greater good.
● General: It's romantic, it's lovely and it's all about getting together with the one you love. In short, it's the kind of day your sign just loves -- and considering the mood the object of your affection can't help but be in, this will be a day to remember. Your job, then, is to do what you do best: Plan to make each and every moment just as special as the last. Pull out all the stops and make sure they know how much you care.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Listen to your instincts and try not to sign on to initiatives unless you are certain they will advance your agenda. If you're unsure, wait for a few days and see if it becomes clearer.
● Finances: When you think one way and your boss thinks another, it's vitally important that their opinions be caught on paper. The last thing you want is to be pinned with the responsibility for their bad financial decisions.
● Love: A mysterious silence suits you at the moment -- especially since if you do talk, you're prone to babble. Try communicating with a smile, body language, and eye contact; it's amazing what you can say without a word.