Free Daily Horoscope - January 9 2017
● General: You just have to spill the beans to someone, or you'll burst. The problem is, you're not quite sure who you should be telling your secret to. Until you're sure, you had better hang on to it. A friend that you halfheartedly opt to confide in may have an agenda you're not aware of -- involving you, in far more than a friendly way. See? Keeping quiet might be best.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: No wonder you feel restless today -- your private life seems so foreign to you when all you do is work, work, work. Try applying those sterling business skills to your off-hours activities. That way you can focus your energy on work of a different sort.
● Finances: You are exploring new ways to get things done. It may look like you're coming up with a Rube Goldberg machine but you're not. It will take a while to get your new system lined up and running, but if you keep at it, the profits are bound to fall into place.
● Love: Dreams hold secrets to how we really feel about someone special. Pay attention to plot lines, symbols, and your mood during the dream. Write it down ASAP and analyze with help from a dream dictionary.
● General: You've always had an innate respect for authority, and it hasn't gone anywhere. So now, when a tough situation seems possible, you know exactly who to turn to for advice, and they'll be more than happy -- no, they'll be positively tickled -- that you turned to them. It's a win-win situation, obviously. The best part is that you'll come away with the counsel you need to end something that's been making you crazy.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: A personal issue today somehow becomes intertwined with the latest workweek drama. Maybe it's a revelation or a solution to a problem, but suddenly you know exactly how to handle the situation. Pick up the phone before you lose that momentum.
● Finances: As hard as it used to be to reign in your spending, it's now hard for you to part with so much as a penny. You are no longer shopping 'til you drop, you are shopping around 'til you drop. You just can't take things any slower. Don't let anyone rush you, either.
● Love: Friends have a way of giving great advice, so listen up. You're about to hear some wise words from a close pal who understands more about romance than that annoying Cupid joker.
● General: It's not unusual to find that you have something to say, and everyone just can't wait to hear you say it. That's the situation now on both counts, so don't be nervous. Be sure you know what you're doing, that you're prepared to appear in the spotlight, no matter how formal or informal, and that you're absolutely convinced of the fact that they want you to do well as much as you do.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: It's about time you put some effort into your personal life. If it's bloated with toxic people and dead-end relationships, do some housecleaning. You don't have the time or inclination to deal with energy that isn't moving you forward.
● Finances: You can listen to advice without feeling compelled to follow it. The trick is in letting the blowhards wear themselves out imparting their brilliant message. While you're standing there, make use of your time by going over your mental checklist of goals and wishes, and fine tune exactly how you plan on reaching them.
● Love: Constant misunderstandings can ruin any budding romance. When chatting with your current flame, make sure all lines of communication are crystal clear. Leave no room for interpretation on the big deal issues.
● General: For the past few days, your antennae have been telling you to avoid any sudden moves and that any kind of movement isn't a good idea. Your instinct is rarely wrong, so your best move is probably to sit still, wait, take notes and see what happens. And when someone you care about comes to you to see whether they can do anything for you, you might still want to keep quiet. After all, why risk it?
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Being cooped up in an office might not seem like a good way to spend your day, but you will warm up to the idea. Find ways to feel at home -- getting in tune with coworkers who share the same fate will work wonders.
● Finances: You need to think a concept through before you commit to it. Your heart is in the right place, so you may be tempted to blurt out your pledge of support, but take your time. Don't let your emotions decide where your money will go. Use your head instead.
● Love: There's a huge difference between sensing and knowing something is wrong with a budding relationship. While it's tempting to follow your gut reaction, get all the facts first before jumping to the worst possible conclusion.
● General: You're in a sentimental, nostalgic frame of mind -- and you're far more interested in thinking about good times from the past than in looking toward the future. The good news is that you can only make the future positive by building on the past, so even if you've resolved to forget it all, the best will stay with you. Don't hesitate to pull out those scrapbooks and photo albums. If anyone can make the best of it all, it's you.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Wishing for something to do isn't exactly the best way to attract serious fun. Forge ahead and chart your course. It's a great day to call up friends, have a party and ban any shop talk. Exile those who insist on breaking the rules!
● Finances: You've been given lemons and it's finally occurred to you to get up and start making some lemonade. You're learning that your initial response to a financial setback is not the last word on it, and that's a valuable lesson to have learned. Not necessarily worth the agony you've been through to learn it, but a valuable lesson nonetheless.
● Love: Temper, temper! Being passionate about a certain topic close to your heart is one thing, but flying off your handle is quite another. Keep your anger in check or you could end up turning off a potential suitor.
● General: You're not the type of person who indulges in romantic fantasy -- not unless it's backed by what just might be an entirely possible truth. Well, you have the chance now to make a dream come true by paying attention to what your heart is telling you to do. Don't pass it up, but don't stretch that truth any farther than you know it can go, either. And do be prepared to wait. Unfortunately reality doesn't always happen as quickly as dreams.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: If you're hacking your way through a snarl of clutter and disarray, it's time to clean things up; otherwise, not much will get done today. Make organizing your own system a priority, even if those around you remain in chaos.
● Finances: What gives you the feeling, 'I was born to do this'? Is it amassing money and things or is it helping others? Chances are good it's a little bit of both. So when you don't want to share, ask yourself what that is doing to your real sense of purpose, and reconsider.
● Love: Remember that phrase about not throwing rocks when you live in a lovely glass condo? Don't be too critical of others when you're not exactly perfect yourself. Give your love interest a chance to make mistakes.
● General: Charm and discipline are your sign's key strengths. That is, you can get anything done that needs to be done by being firm enough and charming enough to convince others that their contribution is essential. Regardless of what's more important -- being firm or being charming -- you'll have more than enough of both on hand to entice all parties concerned.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: If you left the office yesterday with a pile of unfinished work on your desk, chances are it's calling your name. Don't be tempted to work if you are sick -- that will only create more problems on the domestic front. Instead, reprioritize everything.
● Finances: You may feel today that there is nothing more important to you than money, but the truth is that nothing matters more to you than your relationships. Money just has the power to cloud your thinking, today more than most days. Remember that even in business, it's all about people.
● Love: As much as you like to be in control of every aspect of your life, don't get too upset if your love life doesn't go according to plan. Love is a fickle thing. And even though you did everything by the book, that doesn't mean someone else is playing fair.
● General: If anyone knows exactly who to trust and who not to trust, it's you. You're shrewd, clever and very tough to deceive. You can spot a rat a mile away, and smell one even farther off. So now that you're looking for someone to discuss a certain subject with, you know exactly who to go to and who to avoid. If someone you're not quite sure of offers their help, think of a nice way to refuse their offer.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Technology is a great thing, especially when everyone's trying to convince you to go into the office today. Guess what? You're not obligated -- in fact, you desperately need a free day just to chill. Put caller ID to good use and avoid the call.
● Finances: You know you're out to make a buck and so does everyone around you. That's why no one is biting. Do something for someone else for a change. Not only will it change the entire impression you make, it will change your karmic balance.
● Love: Indulge your passion for art. Go to the art museum or take in a few local art galleries at lunch. Carry a blank book at all times and sketch as you people watch. Doodle as though you were the next Picasso.
● General: When you least expect it, your biggest detractors will end up being your most fervent supporters. That's going to go double now, especially with regard to a certain someone you were sure was acting against you from behind the scenes. Won't it be a wonderful relief to find that all this time, they've been doing everything they can to help you out? So relax, and just see what comes to be.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Your career wardrobe is everything, and it definitely needs an upgrade. So if you have the funds and can shop on a budget, today's a great day to hit the discount stores and polish your look. A few key garments will make all the difference.
● Finances: You want to take a hatchet to all that's in your way and clear your own path to success. Unfortunately, the only way to get from Point A to Point B is with the help of others. Try to have fun working together instead of fancying yourself a modern day Paul Bunyon.
● Love: Is that second cup of coffee doing nothing to jump start your day? Perhaps you need something more than caffeine to rev up your energy level. Plug in your headphones and listen to some up-tempo techno. Ask that hottie for music suggestions!
● General: If anyone knows how to work hard, it's you. You've never shirked your responsibilities or tried to get out of doing anything less than everything you possible can. So now, when you realize it's been days since you picked your head up out of your work and actually had some fun, you might want to think about how much good a little break in the action will do you.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Balance, balance -- today is all about balance. If you've been putting too much time and effort into your workweek endeavors, it's a great day to even out your priorities with a little romance, fun, and home life. Your productivity will definitely soar as a result.
● Finances: You are standing on the shoulders of your ancestors, whether you realize it or not. You may think you're bucking everything your family stood for by making money the way you do, but there are more common threads than anyone can count. There is nothing new under the sun, or under the ground.
● Love: Bounce ideas off of family and friends. Your creativity will appeal to a number of impressionable people. Take advantage of this and let your talent shine. Soon you could be well on your way to working on a variety of exciting projects.
● General: You're not famous for being led astray by those who make a living out of deception. You're far too sharp to let them get anywhere near that close to you. Still, even you can occasionally be taken in by professionals or those who use deceit on a daily basis. So before that happens, be sure you have your wits about you and that you're not distracted. That said, the intended swindler has their work cut out for them.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: You work like a dog all day and as soon as the night hits, you have no idea what to do with yourself. Ah, the adjustment is difficult. Deciding to work late won't solve this angst. Instead, spend time with friends and family to ease your soul.
● Finances: You think you're discovering a side of someone no one else has ever seen, but their actions have already been repeated many times over in many different scenarios. Live and learn. Just be thankful you didn't bet the farm on them.
● Love: A new influx of cash may tempt you to go on one heck of a shopping spree. A sexy new outfit could do wonders for your self-esteem, but sooner or later the bill will leaving you with buyer's remorse. Save the money for another time.
● General: When you're in the mood to take charge, you really do take charge -- at times, so much so that you amaze your friends and startle even those who aren't all that familiar with you. And you're in just that kind of mood now, so don't be surprised if you end up feeling so darned cocky that it's tough for even those who love you to recognize you. Don't back down, though. It's good to keep them on their toes.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: If it's your day off, don't think about work. It is a time to recharge and prepare for the days ahead. So engage in activities and hang with people who leave you feeling refreshed and fulfilled. Avoid negativity at all costs.
● Finances: Your dreams of money are what's fueling your drive, but they are a bit thin for the goals you have. You need something of real substance to get you where you want to go. Imagine what you can do with the wealth, other than just counting it.
● Love: Spin your dormant ideas into gold. You have the ear of important people so don't waste this opportunity to prove yourself. Do your best and prepare to impress those with the power to make your dreams come true.