Free Daily Horoscope - January 8 2017
● General: It's up to you -- you can choose to either sow the seeds of discord or the beginnings of a fruitful and peaceful time for you and your loved ones. Remember, forgiving someone doesn't mean that you condone what they did. It just means that you refuse to let it have any power over you or what you do. Inform your actions with the knowledge and wisdom of your heart instead of letting your ego run the show.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: Past thoughts surround you like a productivity-killing mist. You may be tempted to indulge in them and do as little as possible, but that would be a huge mistake. Shooting yourself in the foot will definitely burst your bubble.
● Finances: If you wanted to cry uncle, you certainly wouldn't be the first one to do so. But it would be a first for you, and that's all that matters. Let the mere specter of failure reignite your sense of ambition.
● Love: Cupid's got some funny stuff up his sleeve, so expect some curveballs, pratfalls and/or romantic dead ends. What's key is to be ready to dust yourself off, laugh it off and keep having fun regardless.
● General: Don't you worry about a thing. If something's been weighing on your mind heavily as of late, you can rest easy, because things are about to change. It's a good idea to remember that the stars don't always send help in the form you expect, so keep an open and flexible mind if something or someone unusual crosses your path. They might just be the answer to your prayers.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: It's all about finessing your time management skills. Pay careful attention to what needs to be finished today and what can wait until next week. That will clear up a lot of confusion and speed up your productivity, so you can start your weekend early.
● Finances: Every single purchase matters to you now. You no longer throw your money at this or that based on your whims. A hard sell like you deserves some credit and you're getting it, in the form of a good buy. Shopping around pays handsomely.
● Love: Your coupled-up friends may be great, but the company of those in the same boat is what really gets it rockin' right about now. Go out and about with some other smokin' singletons!
● General: Remember when you were a kid and you messed up at tetherball or foursquare, and you could shout, 'do-over'? The cosmos has handed you a chance to do that now -- in other words, your celestial equivalent of a Get Out of Jail Free card. So if there's something you'd like to rectify -- or someone you'd like to start over with -- now is your chance. The stars say that all signs point to a full reconciliation if you act now.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Be grateful you have a job right now -- dreaming about changing careers is just a waste of time. Make the changes you need right in your own office instead. A bit of creativity goes a long way, so start by thinking outside the cubicle.
● Finances: It's hard to hear unsolicited advice, much less take it, but even though someone is talking out of turn, they have something valuable to tell you. Try to keep an open mind about what they have to say, even while you resent them for saying it.
● Love: If you're mingling romance and work (or considering such a mingling), proceed with even more than the usual caution now. Think ahead, and get a level headed, objective friend to help you do so!
● General: There is a reason this moment is called the present -- because every opportunity you get to pay attention to what's going on is truly a gift. So if a circumstance is intense or feelings are running high, learn to focus on the reality going on in front of you rather than running away or trying to soften it with some illusion of your own making. Comprehending the totality of an experience is invaluable beyond words.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Spend your energy today tackling big-ticket items and irritating loose ends. If you think letting your mind wander is a good use of your day, then you really are daydreaming. Snap out of it -- the sooner the better.
● Finances: If you tend to blurt things out without thinking, you need to be extra cautious today. You may want to limit the amount of time you spend around people altogether because you have a financial tip that you are just itching to spill. Make yourself take three deep breaths before saying anything.
● Love: Read 'em like a book -- it's easy for you to figure out what makes people tick now -- and what'll make them intrigued, what'll make them smile, and more. You've got a real advantage in the love department, so use it!
● General: That old saying about being careful what you wish for because you just might get it holds a lot more truth than you'd like to think. The trick when wishing, of course, is knowing the right things to ask for. So examine your secret hopes and desires. Which ones are just to impress other people? Toss those out. Which ones are the ones you think you 'should' ask for? Junk 'em as well. Now that you know what's left... start wishing!
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Do your research before you make any huge career decisions right now. Someone is hoping you'll jump on a glittering new opportunity, but it's not really as golden as all that. You're likely to find the best options awaiting you in your old office chair.
● Finances: You've learned a lot over the course of the last two years and none of it has been fun. That's not to say it hasn't been valuable, though. Some things you just have to learn the hard way. You now know that having a good time isn't the end-all and be-all of your existence.
● Love: Matters of the heart may be a bit murky at the moment; if you want clarity, you'll have to wait for things to settle a bit. Meanwhile, remain calm -- you've got a tendency to take things a little personally now.
● General: Little white lies are fine sometimes even socially necessary, but it's important to know when to draw the line. The most dangerous lies aren't those that grease the wheels of social interaction -- they're the ones you tell yourself. So stop pretending that you're happy with a situation when you're clearly not.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Guess what? You're not the only one with good ideas worth considering, so stop with the I'm-better-than-you charade. Listening to colleagues is only the first step. Not being too critical of what you hear is the next.
● Finances: If you really don't want to share, then don't waste time imagining defending what's yours. Simply keep it out of sight and out of mind. The less information you divulge, the less material goods you have to divvy up. As long as it's fair, stay mum.
● Love: What should be straightforward is most likely not right now. When it comes to subtle (and possibly sticky) matters of the heart, well, roundabout's going to be the rule rather than the exception.
● General: Don't worry -- someone loves you just the way you are. Yes, that even includes you and all your supposed flaws. Not only is no one perfect -- but if they were, they'd be boring and insufferable and zero fun. So cut yourself some slack, take a break, pat yourself on the back -- or, heck, do all three -- whatever it takes so you go easier on yourself and see just how great you are. After all, someone pretty important to you already thinks that.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Progress doesn't exactly happen on its own. No wonder things are exactly as they were when you came into the office yesterday morning. Instead of trying to shoehorn five days of work in a few hours, create a workflow schedule for next week and stick to it.
● Finances: When it comes to relationships, money should be no object, but it is. You are completely out of steam. You can either spend time alone or energize yourself with an infusion of cash. Only you know which option makes more sense to you.
● Love: The recipe for a good day and a nice evening involves hoping and planning for 'good' and 'nice' rather than 'spectacular' and 'mind-blowing.' The stars say keep it low-key and you'll do fine now.
● General: Your dreams are so powerful right now that they seem almost more vivid than real life. It's a fertile time for you -- lots of inspiration and information are coming your way via expected and unexpected pathways. Although you're definitely in touch with greater forces at this time, make sure you keep your feet firmly planted on the earth. Staying grounded will help you achieve those dreams.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: It's really a bad day to stir up the dust with your boss. If you have words you'd like to exchange with him or her, sit on the impulse. Otherwise, you may say something that hits below, way below, the belt.
● Finances: You're being sucked dry helping others. Soon you won't have enough left to help yourself. Your so-called friends should be thinking about your needs as well as their own, but they're not. Things could get ugly soon if you don't start cutting them off.
● Love: It's pretty much your world right about now, so why not have your way with it? Romantic matters are favored, as is your ability to turn ideas into reality -- plus you're just darn hot.
● General: It will be all too easy for you to fall headfirst into your own reality and forget about anything that even remotely resembles fun, recreation or leisure, but don't. Your sign is supposed to be the most fun-loving, lighthearted and downright chipper sign in the zodiac. Give yourself at least a couple of hours off to keep your sense of humor and joie de vivre intact.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Starting your day is merely the first problem you'll face. If your attitude going into the office sucks, it will only spiral down as the afternoon progresses. Regardless of how you feel this morning, slap a smile on your face, greet everyone, even your enemies, and act as if.
● Finances: If beauty is in the eye of the beholder then so is cuteness. Whether you're being childish or childlike doesn't really matter as much as the fact that you're not being the adult. Taking care of financial matters should trump whatever immature pastimes you feel like pursuing today.
● Love: Specifics aren't your strong suit at the moment, so if you've got plans with a date or a friend, double-check the details. If you don't annoy them by being really late, they'll love hearing about your latest big idea.
● General: You're a practical sign, but you also have a deeply spiritual and creative side that you need to pay attention to more often. During moments like these, it's a good idea to let yourself rest, daydream and doodle -- you know, those left-brain activities that stimulate the imagination and intuition. Don't worry about having your head in the clouds, either. Your feet are planted far too firmly on the ground to let that happen.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Every day can't be this harmonious, so be sure to make the most of the good vibrations. You and colleagues are like notes in a symphony, and working together is like making beautiful music.
● Finances: A lot of things have had to be put on the back burner until the economy heats up again. You've postponed about as much as you can, but one thing that shouldn't be put off another second is having some fun. You deserve it. Consider it a prescription that you can't afford to not fill.
● Love: Getting out and seeing some art or hearing some music -- or an offbeat production that combines the two -- not only suits your current astrological state, it gives you an instant conversation starter while you're there!
● General: Where one thing ends, another begins. Of all the signs of the zodiac, you know and accept this truth better than most, and because of it, you have an easier time with change than some of your heavenly cousins. Right now, you have the magic touch when it comes to making a graceful segue from one situation to another that suits you much better. Use this window of opportunity while it's open.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Pilfering office supplies sounds like a good idea, but it's ultimately stealing. So ask yourself, is a pack of paper clips worth your job? Probably not. Find a more productive outlet for your felonious inclinations.
● Finances: Everyone around you thinks their ideas are so advanced that you could benefit from hearing all about them. You understand instantly why they are not financially feasible, but don't let on. You'd only be wasting your breath and an opportunity to be amused.
● Love: Your personal energy's directed inward and your emotional resources are dialed down. If you've got a date or other big plans, be sure to do something balancing and energizing beforehand.
● General: Find a way to treat yourself, no matter how small. Maybe that means buying yourself fresh flowers or taking a very long, hot bath -- maybe that means not talking to that certain someone who makes you grit your teeth. Be kind and gentle to yourself today -- in fact, handle yourself as you would your sweetheart, child or best friend. You deserve the same consideration.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: You're suddenly enjoying being of service, so go ahead and indulge that altruistic spirit. Doing something for colleagues is actually doing something for yourself, in more than just the karmic sense.
● Finances: Not only are you lost in a maze, but you have a devoted following counting on you to get them out safely. They are either a heavy burden or incentive to keep searching for the way out, depending on how you look at it at any given moment.
● Love: Dang! You're looking and feeling way, way better than average if the stars have their say. Enjoy a balanced day -- work, exercise, a treat -- and enjoy the attention you're getting. It'll only increase tonight!