Free Daily Horoscope - January 6 2017
● General: On certain days, you're just plain old lucky, no matter who you're with, what you do or whether it's a foolhardy move or not. This is your day to be lucky. Now, this doesn't mean you should take off for a day of skydiving or motorcycling at 120 mph down the freeway, but if you've been thinking about getting to know someone new, and you're feeling a bit on the not-so-brave side about starting up a conversation, think about that good fortune and use it.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: With your awesome attitude and sharply honed skills, you can make a very profitable silk purse out of the proverbial sow's ear. Heading up a supposedly minor project will give you an opportunity to strut your stuff.
● Finances: Yes, you have a financial issue to deal with, but your attitude about it is the real problem. Fixing it is not as difficult as you're making it out to be. Do not sign yourself up for anything else until you tackle this one. Anything other than devoted attention is just procrastination.
● Love: Someone in your group -- or maybe just one degree removed -- has something to offer in the way of romance now. Maybe it's an introduction to something -- or someone -- new. Find out.
● General: If you're asked to make a donation, buy something whose proceeds will go to a nonprofit organization, or contribute your time to a worthy cause, you'll be only too happy to do it now, and you really should. You'll feel satisfied with what you've done and who you've helped, and you'll feel good about it for days to come. Just be sure someone who sees a soft heart -- and a bank account -- does not take advantage of you.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Today's all about blending the best of ideas and striking a balance among perspectives. So if you're experiencing strife, find a mediator, especially if your conservative approach is in direct conflict with someone else's risk-taking agenda.
● Finances: There is no doubt that your friends love you and would be happy to give you a compassionate response to your sob story, but some things you are better off keeping to yourself. Financial problems are one of them. As much as you want to blab, don't.
● Love: Sometimes you feel like being social, sometimes you don't -- and if you're not feeling it, definitely take some down time. Your friends or that date will understand, and you'll likely love relaxing around your pad.
● General: Be careful to think before you speak today, because you could be letting a secret out without meaning to. In fact, if you're not sure that you've been authorized to talk about a certain issue, don't utter one single peep. Walk away and think about it -- or, better still, talk to whomever confided in you. That way, you'll be absolutely sure, and you won't have to risk anyone being angry about it.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Think about where you get your inspiration and how your professional mentors shape you and your career path. If you're stuck, maybe it's time for a new guru. After all, the ideals and actions of others make a big impact on you now.
● Finances: You're feeling frustrated but you have no clear idea why. The vague feelings of discontent and impatience are obviously tied to your finances, but how and why is something you have to unravel. Only then can you hope to be in charge of your own destiny.
● Love: Sure, it's your prerogative to change your mind, but if you're flip-flopping wildly, you may need to truly examine your deepest emotions. The stars say somebody -- you know who -- will be a big help.
● General: Your feelings about a certain situation, probably involving a family member or an old and dear friend, will absolutely need to be expressed right now. Fortunately, you're ready to let them out -- and they're ready to hear it all. So when the time comes and you're asked about what you think of a certain situation, even if it means being a referee of sorts, don't hold back. There are ways to say what's on your mind without offending anyone, and you're familiar with them all.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Today, excuse yourself if necessary, take a break and let your intellect weigh in. Your first response to a work situation now is likely to be an emotional one, but that doesn't mean you have to act on it or have an outburst at work.
● Finances: You have a lot of good energy and it would be a shame not to put it to good use. Keep yourself from frittering it away with useless daydreams about money when you could be making the real thing instead. Forewarned is forearmed, so be prepared for your mind to wander unless you rope it in.
● Love: Yes, sure, opposites attract, but if you're not getting any emotional feedback to speak of, you're not gonna be happy. How about a direct question? At the very least, you'll clarify your path.
● General: Dreams, nostalgia and thoughts of how great things used to be are on your mind now, and they're having a powerful effect on you. Before you get too swept up in all that nostalgia, be sure you're remembering everything correctly -- with your mind, not just your heart. If you're in doubt, talk to a friend who understands you and knows what's really going on in your life. Experience is a great teacher.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: If you can be objective about a work situation, it's likely you'll see a different approach -- one that fosters trust and ends up being a win-win. Think twice before getting involved in a struggle for power or a battle of wills.
● Finances: Your portfolio is starting to look like a work of art. Is it a mosaic or a collage? Whatever it is, you've pieced together a work of genius. But don't forget that it's a lot more than just a thing of beauty to behold. It's useless to you if you're not willing to dig into it.
● Love: If you're finding yourself getting attached to a certain someone before you really even know them, apply those emotional brakes a bit. Rose-colored glasses are great; a truly rosy reality is even better.
● General: Your first impulse will be to say exactly what's on your mind now, and that might be the best thing. On the other hand, if there's any way you can count to ten before you reply, that might not be a bad idea either. Being sure of what you say before you say it is a good thing, as is making sure you don't hurt anyone's feelings without meaning to -- and you'd never mean to do that.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Take time out for some filing and general tidying today. Your desktop -- physical, virtual or both -- could use a reorg and a defrag. You'll be surprised by how much more efficient you are after it's done.
● Finances: It's the kind of day that leaves you wondering how you survive. Everything seems over your head, from the simplest tasks like finding your wallet to the rightfully complex ones like making investment decisions. You have lucky dust all over you, though, because someone or something is watching out for you when you can't.
● Love: Love's road is full of twists and turns, and now's a very good time to let go of the steering wheel and throw your hands in the air like you just don't care. Relax, have fun and see where it goes!
● General: The family members you've been trying to help out will finally realize what you've been up to, and believe it or not, you may even hear a thank you or two. In the meantime, keep doing what you've been doing. Sit back, operate quietly from behind the scenes and don't share any secrets you don't absolutely have to share. Once they find out what you've done, they'll be extra sweet to you too.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Some of the best ideas start with crazy, completely unworkable notions, and with your creative powers now, you can see how to translate them into a very profitable reality. It's a great day to think outside the box -- way, way outside it.
● Finances: Your financial life is like a wild ride at the carnival but your approach isn't helping calm things down one bit. Don't let yourself get upset over each and every dip. It goes without saying it will eventually be followed by an upturn. Until then, just hang tight.
● Love: Interactions have a special sparkle when you're involved right now. Flirt a little -- why not? If you can flaunt your smarts while you're at it (which are extra sparkling now, too), even better.
● General: Be careful with your money matters now. It will be easy for you to be taken advantage of by others who know how soft your heart is and how much you care for others. Before you sign anything -- anything at all -- have someone you know and love look it over for you, and don't let your heart sway your mind. Your friendship is the best gift of all.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: There's no harm done from an unexpected, heartfelt outburst if you're conciliatory afterward. Your passionate beliefs are engaged now, and the results could be surprising -- especially to you.
● Finances: You bring a lot of things to making money: imagination, creativity, even love. You're romancing money the same way you would a human being, and it shows. Of course, the downside is that there's no room in your life for the real thing. That makes the object of your desire hardly seem worthy of you.
● Love: Family (or someone who feels close enough) figures prominently now. When it comes to your love life, they may have input for you. Do consider it seriously for the insight it may contain.
● General: Your daily routine will keep you quite busy. In fact, you really shouldn't count on your schedule turning out even close to the way you'd expected it to. You'll be busy, there's no doubt about that, but you'll also be dealing with pleasant and unexpected situations that come up at the last moment. Instead of being upset about it, enjoy the break in the routine. You'll end up meeting someone wonderful you never would have met otherwise.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Use your communication skills to help others get comfortable with new ideas. After all, you're almost always open to fresh conceptions and innovation, and right now you can instantaneously grasp -- and expand upon -- incoming practices and ideas.
● Finances: Losing money is one thing, but losing something of real importance is quite another. Make sure you have your priorities straight and your ducks in a row because you may have to choose and you'll want to be ready. It would be sad to go for the green at the wrong time.
● Love: You've got a particular knack for drawing people out now -- uncovering the unique things about them as well as what's important to them. Coincidentally (or not!), they're finding you fascinating.
● General: Higher-ups will be especially helpful to you now -- but it won't seem that way at first. In fact, you probably won't know what they're talking about when they first broach the issue, no matter how hard they try to explain it to you. The good news is that if you force them to go over the situation with you, they'll be able to see the problems and what's confusing about it. Go ahead and ask.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Look deeper into how a different scheme really functions before you begin to take steps to adopt it. Your hesitation about a new way of handling financial matters isn't just a knee-jerk reaction -- it could be well-informed doubt.
● Finances: Others are impressed with you and you're feeling pretty good about yourself, too. Use this period to make some serious advances on a longstanding project that has gotten behind. You need good opinions to push forward.
● Love: Don't get bent out of shape if a certain situation doesn't pan out or if plans fall through -- it's bound to happen sometimes. Forget the spilled milk, and move on to another more exciting beverage!
● General: The folks you've been associating with for months now will be only too happy to back you up, no matter what you need or when you need it. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, will be to agree to let them help you -- your part is to swallow your pride. You can do it, and think of how good they'll feel about themselves after they've realized you've actually let someone help you, for a change.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: You've got crucial information and the inside track now, which gives you ability to couch disagreements in terms that inspire rather than antagonize. Don't be afraid to pipe up in a meeting -- even if you're contradicting your boss.
● Finances: If you've learned nothing else, it's to never, ever overspend. And yet you are tempted today by something out of your reach. Give yourself a stern talking to about all the values you reshuffled in the last year and remind yourself of just how painful it was.
● Love: Whatever you're excited about is contagious now -- the right people will love hearing about it, witnessing your enthusiasm and sharing it with you. If you're feeling it, don't hold back!
● General: Your dreams will be especially prophetic now, so try to remember them when you wake up. In fact, this wouldn't be a bad time to start up a dream journal. Keeping track of what your mind does while you're sleeping can help you figure out what's going on in the real world. And, at the very least, you'll end up knowing a bit more about yourself. Get out your pen and pick up a brand-new journal.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Be sure that you're meeting an important real-time deadline as you drift off to the far reaches of your mind. What looks like daydreaming to colleagues -- or to your boss -- could be the source of some very productive ideas.
● Finances: You have so much energy you can hardly stop for lunch, let alone for a special treat. With all the work you're getting done today, not only do you deserve to treat yourself well, you need to. It's the only way to maintain your high profitability, so remind yourself to indulge.
● Love: Everybody wants someone else to make the first move, which can result in a real love impasse. Go on, break the ice! The more you do it, the easier it gets. Be bold and be romantically rewarded!