Free Daily Horoscope - January 26 2017
● General: You know that old saying about how denial ain't just a river in Egypt? Right now, someone you know (or possibly you) could have just bought beachfront property on that ol' river. If you're avoiding an issue or trying to close your eyes when something is staring you right in the face, change tactics -- fast. Avoiding it might just make things worse instead of better. If someone close to you is the one who won't face facts, try to (gently) open their eyes.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: You feel like you're working for a dictator today. Is there a real reason you can't go home a bit early? Be honest. If there is, suck it up and stay -- with a good attitude. If not, store it in the subliminal baggage compartment.
● Finances: An account or investment you long gave up on has had a mind of its own. You'll be in for a shock when you idly check the numbers today because it has been doing some exploratory maneuvering and getting quite far without any input from you. You'll enjoy it once the shock wears off.
● Love: What you consider friendly might come across as a little aggressive to somebody not quite as bold as you are. (And opposites do attract!) Try a smile and a friendly question rather than obvious flirtation.
● General: Going berserk on someone if they say something that ticks you off is certainly an option, but probably not the one you want to exercise if you want this person to stick around. Take a step back and a deep breath. Were they really out to insult you? Was it maybe just a slip of the tongue? While it's all well and good to stand up for yourself; you don't want to lash out if it was a genuine mistake. Be careful before making your next move.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Despite today's festive nature, you're feeling pretty intense right now. If you can't hide it all behind your office mask, then take off early. Nothing a gallon of iced tea and a few hours of rest can't solve.
● Finances: When you've exhausted the possibilities in your own back yard, it's time to branch out. Besides, people who are unfamiliar with you aren't yet immune to your charms. So pour it on when you're out and about meeting other people.
● Love: For such a steady soul, you've also got a deep well of passion -- and something (or is it someone?) is likely to provoke intense feelings now. This could get very interesting, very quickly.
● General: Emotions might be running high, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Think of it as a sign that it's time to do some mental house cleaning, especially when it comes to feelings or something in your past that you've been putting off dealing with. Address this situation now, and the future looks bright ahead. Avoid it, and it may keep cropping up in your life in increasingly uncomfortable ways. The choice is yours.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Taking off early is a time-honored bonus you give to yourself. So look around: it may be time to call it a day, all right. You'll likely see you're the only one in the office putting in all you've got at work today.
● Finances: You live for extremes -- in your relationships, in what you do for fun and even with your finances. But being extremely broke, as it turns out, isn't all it's cracked up to be. You'll be surprised to find it's not as easy as you think to stop slumming it. You're better off not trying it at all.
● Love: Pay close attention now and don't rush when you can take your own sweet time. You'll notice things that you've been missing -- perhaps important things when it comes to matters of the heart.
● General: Does someone keep hanging around even though it's long past time for them to go? If that's the case, now is the moment for you firmly (but gently, gently!) to get them out the door, especially if you want to maintain cordial relations with this person. Remind them of that old proverb about how fish and houseguests both start to stink after three days. Don't be afraid to be assertive, either -- it's high time you had some space to yourself.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Right now it's a good time to reevaluate everything in your life. Most things can stay put, but some situations are just taking up precious space in your head. Make sure your job lines up with your values.
● Finances: It's hard to take care of yourself under the best of circumstances, but today you're under extreme pressure to focus on anything but you. The old oxygen mask scenario applies: You're no good to anyone if you don't put your own health first. Do it while you still can.
● Love: Plan for some soul-soothing time in your busy day. You're liable to be extra emotional now and finding a little mellow middle ground will do your heart good. How about a nice soak in the tub?
● General: If you were a superhero, your name would be Captain Goodtimes. Right now you're determined to lead you and your crew to the biggest possible source of fun, and nothing's going to get in your way. Hey, if anyone could do it, you could. Just make sure all your day-to-day duties are out of the way before you get this party started. Like all superheroes, you have a sense of responsibility.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Progress will be slow and painful today. It's as if the stress has melted everyone to their chairs and keyboards. Show some flexibility -- everyone else is. Keep your expectations low and know that everything will return to normal soon.
● Finances: You're generous to a fault today. Try not to put all of your boundless energy into helping someone in need, because they'll take all you have to give and then some. As soon as you draw the line, they're suddenly feeling better, so being a bottomless pit is not really doing them any favors anyway.
● Love: You've got an extra knack with sizing people up, not to mention assessing all sorts of situations in an uncanny manner. The trick is that you'll have to pry the attention off yourself first.
● General: Playing hide-and-go-seek when you were a kid was lots of fun, but right now it might just confuse things more than you'd like. If there's something on your mind, spit it out. Yes, speaking your piece can be tough and a little scary, but honest communication can't happen between you and a certain party until one of you starts talking. Expecting someone to read your mind just isn't fair, so speak up before it's too late.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Stop being the cubicle warden and executioner. Lighten up and go home early today. Everyone is entitled to slack off right about now, no matter what it is you believe about office ethics. Take a load off.
● Finances: You feel like you're in a dream, where you are trying to race ahead but your feet are stuck in quicksand or hardening cement. Your only consolation is that no one else is getting anywhere, either. It's another day to hurry up and wait.
● Love: Your take on a romantic prospect is particularly apt now, especially if you look at it practically as well as emotionally. Consider all the aspects and you'll have an understanding that you can act on.
● General: Oh-oh. You're getting that 'freeway feeling' again -- as in, you have a serious urge to merge. Is it time to take this relationship just a little bit deeper? Several signs do point to yes. So go ahead -- trust yourself and the other person. This is exactly what the stars have ordered for you. However, just like merging on the freeway, there's no need to rush. Take it at a comfortable pace.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Generosity and stinginess are playing a game of tug of war within you. If you have any say at all in how things go, it should be in favor of going deep. Ultimately, you'll like yourself much more.
● Finances: You've put out feelers and gotten back... nothing. Or so it seems. You've actually gotten some good responses, but you've overlooked them in your haste for a screaming 'YES'. Go back over the past few days, and pick out all but the slammed doors to work on.
● Love: There's some increased intensity in the air and romantic matters could take sudden twists and turns. Don't get too attached to any one idea about how things should go -- love just might surprise you.
● General: They may just have to invent a new word for 'magnetic' once they get a load of you. The power you're exuding could knock someone off their feet if you weren't careful (fortunately, you're almost always careful). Whatever it is you want to accomplish right now, you have more than enough resources to accomplish it -- and then some. Your confidence is at an all-time high -- and with good reason!
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: It has been a while since you decided to make a change in your career, so if you haven't done anything about it, go ahead and dig in ASAP. Nothing in your professional life's going to change unless you take action.
● Finances: You are immune to the sales pitch. Persuasive or not, you are just not taken in by the person standing before you. Their schpeel sounds more like a desperate appeal than reasonable argument. Trust your gut on this one and pass.
● Love: Are you ready for some remarkable renewal? Prepared for a romantic rebirth? The stars are sending some seriously great out-with-the-old, in-with-the-brand-new energy right at you. What'll you do with it?
● General: Every good tailor knows that the tiny things make a garment fit like it was, well, made for you. All that care and attention will take a simple piece of clothing and turn it into a statement. There's something in your life right now that deserves that same kind of care and attention when it comes to even the smallest components.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Your career is in full swing and it's most definitely the wrong time to isolate -- and no one is buying the 'work piling up on my desk' excuse. If you're invited to a happy hour, flip off your computer and join the crowd.
● Finances: You've read Great Expectations one too many times. Instead of waiting for an unexpected check, you should have been slowly and steadily socking away some savings all these years. By the time your windfall actually arrives, you'll already be behind by default. It's not too late to give up on your fantasies and get to work.
● Love: Your dreams bear an important message from your deepest self now. Pay extra attention to the symbolism. And if you can't remember 'em, try a little open-minded daydreaming and see what comes to you.
● General: Have a little patience and hold back on any urge to push, and all the little details might just work themselves out. It's a hard stance to take, especially for someone who's as driven and hard working as you are, but one of the tricks about life is knowing when to rest and take a step back, as well as when to push forward with all your effort. Now is a moment in which you should rest.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: You're like an octopus who can't control its suction cups. It's time to detach yourself from the office and start re-attaching to friends and family. If you need time for decompression, do it the old-fashioned way: take a sick day.
● Finances: You can't discipline yourself today, and others certainly can't tame you, either. Without a structure to your efforts, though, you're just spinning your wheels. Everyone has to have a day of wasted energy every now and again and this is yours.
● Love: Perusing the online personals with a friend can be both a crack-up and rather productive right about now. They may see pertinent details you could miss while helping them make choices is a snap.
● General: Ambition can be pretty heady, like an expensive perfume or that new car smell, and you're both drawn to it and a little afraid of it. Ambition, like most strong forces, is an excellent servant but a bad master. As long as you remain aware of your ambition and make sure it doesn't get too out-sized, you should be just fine. So go ahead and reach for the stars -- they're reaching back.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Ideas about the trajectory of your career can go on the backburner for now. After all, other things in your life are cooking up a storm right about now. So kick back and enjoy the bounty.
● Finances: Now that you've adjusted your attitude, you can see how well you're actually doing. No, you are not becoming a Polly Anna, you're simply looking at every closed door as a new opportunity and not waiting around for the knocks on your own closed door. There is a difference.
● Love: Those feelings about a certain someone or your romantic situation, in general, are likely close to the surface now, but you may not be quite ready to share. Heed your instinct on this one.
● General: Stop going in circles -- like being on a merry-go-round, it's lots of fun at first, but then after a few minutes, you could start to feel just a touch nauseous. Even if you're not sure where you want to go just yet, it's imperative that you clear your head before you make any big decisions. Take your time and move at your own pace while you're at it -- rushing into something could be a big mistake.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Do anything to avoid the usual emotional upheaval, but of course, don't Let someone treat you like a doormat even if that helps. Even if it's your own boss, make sure that they know they can't treat you poorly at all.
● Finances: You want to do the right thing, but it will take more than a spine to stick to your guns today. You'll need a good dose of good fortune thrown in for good measure. Lucky you, things may fall apart before you commit too heavily, if at all. Consider yourself spared.
● Love: If you get the sense a certain someone isn't telling you absolutely everything, well, you're absolutely right. (You're not telling all either, are you?) Fish around with subtlety and lure them into saying more.