Free Daily Horoscope - January 23 2017
● General: The Moon is urging everyone to make time for romance, and you just happen to be oh so in the mood to cooperate. If you're thinking of doing it up big, and it would be surprising if you weren't, why not succumb to the atmosphere? Indulge yourself -- no, indulge your sweetheart. Rent a limo and head to dinner at a five-star restaurant. Then bribe the waiter to bring a rose to the table just as 'your song' begins to play.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: You've got to get out there and deal with your personal life, like it or not, so you might as well like it. Don't waste a second wishing you were at the office. If you're out of practice, use the day as an opportunity to pour on the charm.
● Finances: You don't feel comfortable in your own skin today. Your emotions are too tied to subliminal baggage that is dragging you down. You can't even find a way to make the most of it. You'll have to settle for having a less than profitable day.
● Love: A little blood flow will boost your hot factor. Before you go out tonight, take a walk, go on a hike or hit the gym. You'll radiate with good health and confidence. Who knows what kind of hottie you'll attract?
● General: You're still trying to figure out what to do about the current situation at work, but your emotions seem to be drowning out your thoughts. Not to worry. Every now and then, it's only fair to give your 'kinder, gentler' side control of the steering wheel. It's now officially time to do so. Relax, and let the universe lead you. That means no obsessing -- which could be far easier said than done.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: You just can't tear yourself away from the office right now. Though today's the perfect day to spend on yourself, you find yourself thinking about a certain coworker. Chalk it up to the time of year and indulge in some lazy fantasies.
● Finances: Avoid anything you feel with intensity. Even if you're sure you can make a boatload today, you're better off having nothing to do with it. The kind of lifelong ramifications that are hidden in the price tag makes it just not worth it at any price.
● Love: That friend of yours wants to hear it straight, but you sense hesitancy. Are they really ready for brutal honesty? Temper your comments with kindness and compassion. Don't needlessly hurt their feelings.
● General: No one's ever had to remind you that fun often comes from unexpected circumstances. So even though this weekend seems quiet, you'll have one eye open for a 'coincidence' that will bring you right to your next adventure. Of course, you know that there's really no such thing as a coincidence -- it's all about the universe arranging for you to meet someone or get somewhere -- but others might not. Educate them. Gently.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Just because you're obsessed with a project doesn't mean you should fantasize about being at the office today. Focus on your partner or family for a change. You might even find the course of the day running from intellectual to romantic.
● Finances: You're feeling willful and ornery and there's only one way to rid yourself of the curse. The silver bullet, of course, is to be of service to others. That kind of good-deed-doing makes you feel like life is worth living again; the more money you give, the better.
● Love: Seek opportunities to work in a group today. Hop at the chance to serve on a committee or a task force, even a collective project at work will do the trick. The reward comes afterward -- when everyone goes out to celebrate a job well done.
● General: You've been playing this part for what seems like forever: your family's honorary peacemaker, mediator and hostage negotiator. You've talked a family member off the symbolic ledge more than once, and you've always known that the chances were excellent that it would happen again. Well, guess what? Yep. It's time to break out your crisis kit. The good news is that this time out, it will go a lot smoother. Practice makes perfect, hmm?
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Just because you and your partner have differing ideas about how to spend your off hours doesn't mean your entire sense of domestic bliss has to be thrown off kilter. Approach it as you would an office problem, and go from there.
● Finances: As ready as you are to conquer the world, you have to iron out some issues around the house first. They may not be about fortunes won or lost, but they will make or break you just the same. You know which ones are pressing. You can't afford to put them off another day.
● Love: Consider this romantic situation you're entering. Is it too easy? Do you feel desperate? If so, think about stepping back. Avoid mistakes early on to prevent disaster down the road. When one door closes another opens.
● General: A recent chat with a dear one has left you wearing a big ol' smile -- and from all indications, it's going to keep you smiling all weekend. Hey, you've earned the right to be happy. The past couple of weeks have been 'interesting,' one might say, but you managed to keep your chin up, stay chipper and even help get others out of the moods they were in. Now enjoy your heavenly rewards.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: If it weren't for the forced break you're getting from the office, you'd never leave. Romance, fun -- if you've forgotten how good they feel, then you've definitely been spending too much time at work.
● Finances: If only you could afford a new computer, you could make it rich this very day. At least that's what you're telling yourself. Admit it, you're selling yourself a bill of goods. The only software you really need to be a success is installed between your ears.
● Love: You're ready to bolt off the starting line today, but everyone else is still crawling out of bed. Don't be so quick to take all the glory. Be patient and wait for the others to catch up. This project requires teamwork.
● General: Ready to go over your finances? Well, good. Of course, you may have ulterior motives for making those lists and checking them twice. Isn't there something you've been drooling over in one of your many catalogs? Bet there is. Bet you can find it in a store for a better price, too -- if anyone can. Take a friend along for the ride. That way, when you find it for a steal, you'll have a witness.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: You've suffered more than a few minor setbacks, but you've made it this far without totally losing your cool. Stand up tall and call yourself a survivor. Now, that's deep and meaningful.
● Finances: All of your impulse buys end up being things of no real value. It's time to ask yourself why you bother, and what gives them their instant appeal. If you can't figure it out on your own, discuss it with someone else. Once you unravel your own motivations, you'll find it a lot easier to save.
● Love: If you're a woman, explore your masculine side today; men, tap into your femininity. Let the opposite emotions rule your day. Feel sensitive or embrace your assertiveness. Whatever it is, the change of personality will give you a refreshing perspective.
● General: Your emotions are right there on your face, for all the world to see -- and the best part is that they're all good emotions. You're happy and pleased with yourself over recent relationship developments, and you know the feelings are mutual. So what could be better? Well, you could lavish some adoring attention on the person responsible for all this good stuff. That could make things even better, right?
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Some relationships exist by their own set of rules -- that's why absence doesn't always make the heart grow fonder. If you're struggling with the memory of a contentious person or situation, put it out of your mind for now.
● Finances: Your life is like one big balancing act. With the high energy level you have today, it's hard to keep all the plates in the air. You're better off acknowledging that early on. It makes more sense to put a thing down than to drop it.
● Love: Your inner geek is out in full force today, so surround yourself with smart, creative people fast. You'll find the most intellectual stimulation at a gallery opening tonight, so gussy up and look your best. You never know.
● General: That feeling you've had recently? That this might not be the very best moment to let the world know about you two? As usual, you're right -- and while it may not be easy to continue keeping quiet, you should do everything you can to convince the other person concerned that it's your best bet. Hey, you know the expression about how anything good is worth waiting for? Sit tight.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: You definitely need a break. Problem is, you have no idea what to do with yourself. It's the wrong time to be passive. If you need motivation, listen to the clock ticking, then get up and get moving -- your free time is limited.
● Finances: People show a strange fascination with you today but it's not because of your usual magnetism. If you let your guard down you'll succumb to paranoia wondering what the appeal is. If it's not the kind of attention you enjoy then try using a poker face for the day.
● Love: Don't let your impulsivity get the best of you today. Before you pick up that phone or press send, consider your message. Is this really what you want to say? Think about the other person's point of view and tailor it from there.
● General: The full moon may be waning, but your enthusiasm certainly isn't. You've been thinking of getting to know a whole new group of people for some time now. Well, you've met them, and you were absolutely right. All you have to do now is show up, smile and work your way in. They want you there, so it won't be tough. Oh, and think about getting them together with the 'old gang.' Bring a camera -- it's going to be good.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Now's the time to step back and take in the big picture, then make some hard decisions. Yes, this time of year is supposed to be fun. But if you don't have at least some serious aspects of it planned out yet, you're in for a rough ride.
● Finances: You're not out to be loved by everyone. You're out there for one purpose and one purpose only: To succeed in life. Or are you? Your personal mantra is starting to sound false even to you. The fun and laughter you hear around you sound more appealing than the sound of coins for a change.
● Love: Put your heart and soul into everything you do today. The stars say to give your life your best effort right now. Lots of elbow grease will yield surprising results. Someone's watching your work and they're impressed with the results.
● General: If ever there was a time that's perfect for you to figure out a plan for letting someone down gently, this is it. Planning is, after all, your specialty. Your first and best rule will be to 'do no harm' -- to either of you -- even if that's much easier said than done. In other words, don't let them goad, manipulate or persuade you into staying longer than you should. If you're done, you're done.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Don't forget the cardinal rule of advancing your career: work when others are not. Go ahead and start new plans or projects while the rest of the office is out enjoying the day. Sure, it's not exactly your idea of fun, but the rewards will be overwhelming.
● Finances: It's sad that power and prestige can make the ultimate decision when those who know better stand mute. You're the one who has analyzed all the details and put them together to form the big picture. If you want your version heard, you have to speak up.
● Love: Don't let that intense love connection totally absorb your attention. Other priorities lie ahead, and any divergence could cause a serious disaster. For now, stay focused on your responsibilities. You'll have plenty of time for romance soon enough.
● General: You don't have to sit there any longer -- you've been waiting long enough. It's time for someone to tell you exactly what they think of you, and in no uncertain terms. The good news is that the two of you already agree on most everything, from politics to ice cream flavors. Now all you have to do is find a way to pry this one little thing out of them. It won't be too tough.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: You're still making the adjustment from work to leisure -- your office and personal cultures are so dissimilar it's jarring to make the transition. Is the difference really that stark or are you being too sensitive? It's not as hard as you think to connect the two.
● Finances: Whether someone is breathing down your neck trying to collect or you are the one asking for what you lent out, the person you are dealing with is like a total alien to you. That's just your own protectionism putting up some smoke screens. Trying to connect with them goes a long way toward accomplishing the financial goal at hand.
● Love: The devil's in the details for you right now. Don't let those little red flags slip by. Pay attention to what's raising them for you, especially when it comes to romance. Good judgment will alleviate lots of chaos in the future.
● General: You believe that you've spent far too long on this project, waiting for someone to come around to your way of thinking. You also believe that, given enough time, you could convince anyone of anything -- and that includes this stubborn soul. You're right on both counts. If you hadn't been quite so eager to change minds, you probably could have pulled this project off alone. As it is, you needed help because you got distracted. But who could blame you?
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Ask not what your company can do for you... It's a great time to give back and see how your effort fits in the big picture of your business -- that's where the big payback is anyway. It's time to grease your own wheels and start moving.
● Finances: You can't afford to be anything but crystal clear. You should know exactly where you want your money and when you're going to see some results. Otherwise, you and your funds will be eaten alive, and it won't be pretty.
● Love: Normally you dread those uncomfortable silences, but today, you'll be in the company of someone totally delightful, someone who embraces the lull. Hold hands and practice the art of nonverbal communication. Connect on an entirely new level.