Free Daily Horoscope - January 17 2017
● General: Spending more time with your family should be a higher priority for you right now. Don't think that you have to spend all day long with them, either. The quality time you need is not about special events or family outings. It's about experiencing the everyday stuff together -- the chores, the meals, the routine, even the bickering. Time together should be integrated into your life, not a special occasion that you need to arrange and plan.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: A change of scenery could boost your career. Move closer to the home office or the most central location of your company. If you're already in the middle, there's no need to relocate -- you're in the most auspicious place possible.
● Finances: Your sense of adventure may surprise you, but not for long. You're having so much fun facing down your challenges that you almost feel like a kid again. It's just that joyous enthusiasm that helps you meet your goals.
● Love: Leave 'em wanting more! A quick conversation with some interesting implications is so much better than getting into specifics or heavy stuff now. Let 'em know you like 'em, then let 'em come to you.
● General: Do you feel as if something is going on and no one is letting you in on it? Your intuitive powers are steering you in the right direction. Today, you will get a glimpse of some information that makes you think twice about the current situation. Connect the dots until you see an intriguing picture. Things are going on that you don't know about, but you are not necessarily being intentionally left out on purpose. Wait until you get all the facts before jumping to any conclusions.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Consider scheduling a meeting next week with someone you would like to work with more often and let them know you want to take on a joint project. It should result in greater productivity and better recognition for the both of you.
● Finances: You feel like doing some crowing even though you have nothing to brag about. That shouldn't stop you, though. It's just one of those days, and the feeling you get from all the braggadocio is worth more than gold to you today.
● Love: The biggest and best journeys still start with a single step. If you're busy planning out your love itinerary, stop getting ahead of yourself and get in the here and now. You'll see something you've been missing.
● General: You know how sometimes after you've been sitting in one position for a while, your muscles get cramped and your joints get stiff? You're going through something like that right now, only in an emotional sense. You're much less adaptable than you normally are, so if you want to avoid coming in to conflict with other strong-willed people, you need to avoid controversial topics or touchy subjects. The flexibility you are known for is definitely missing in action today.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Beware of workplace infighting in the coming week. The worst part about it is you may have to choose sides in a struggle that you know to be foolish and counterproductive. Do your best to hide, though it'll be almost impossible to escape the strife.
● Finances: You're just batting some ideas around when suddenly everyone involved knows things have just gotten serious. The potential of the idea itself is like another person in the room with you. This could be your big hit if you put it in motion.
● Love: You're a natural-born flirt, and right now the stars are giving you even more of an extra edge in that department. Maybe it's because you're actually interested in what they have to say.
● General: Someone's opportunistic tendencies have served you well in the past, but it's time that you stood on your own two feet and made the bold moves you've been letting other people make for so long. It's a good day to be assertive! This is the time when the rubber really meets the road, and you have to be consistent in what you think. If making the most of a given situation doesn't sit well with you, then you have to be willing to get along with a little bit less.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: You're being watched, and that is nothing but good news for you and your colleagues. Supervisors, clients or even the media will catch you or your company at your peak, and the buzz generated will last for quite a while.
● Finances: Your ideas just keep getting bigger and better. Too bad their price goes up along with them. If you came up with a bargain basement proposition, though, you'll bring in bargain basement profits, so stick with what feels right and go for the funding.
● Love: Making things happen in the realm of romance requires a little risk now. Keeping it casual and looking at 'em as potential friends first might help you get up the gumption to make a move (or several!).
● General: When you enter into a new situation today, watch for people who aren't interested in making you feel at home. They could see you as the competition (even if you are not) and give you less than a naturally warm welcome. They're going through the motions just enough to seem polite, but not enough to feel genuine. Don't take this treatment personally. And do not bend over backward to ingratiate yourself to this person -- there is no sense in wasting energy trying to charm someone like this.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Your pride might get a little bruised next week when someone you feel is less deserving gets recognition from outside or above. Instead of being jealous, try to let them have their moment -- keep working for the time when you'll get yours.
● Finances: Retaining your big heart has been your greatest achievement of the last two years, and it's been no small feat, either. Slogging away at the numbers might have gotten you down at times, but you never gave up. Now kick back and bask in the warmth of your self-confidence.
● Love: New friends equal new possibilities, and they're very easy for you to make now. You never know when a friend might become more, and keeping it casual at the outset lets you get to know them pressure-free.
● General: Today, you need to get it in your head that asking for help is not a sign of weakness. In fact, it's a sign that you are smart enough to know your limits -- and when you are about to go past them. So before things get to the panic phase, seek the assistance you know you need. Friends who have been there before are waiting for you to ask -- they have some great suggestions especially for your ears. You'll be glad you reached out.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Try to find new ways of helping people stay on top of their business next week. Colleagues and customers will energize you in a new way, and you will find that time spent communicating and collaborating is time well spent.
● Finances: You always look for your way out, almost before you get in. This time there is just too much happening for you to find the exit sign, much less think about bailing. It's a good feeling to be that busy for a change. Enjoy.
● Love: Attempts at romantic stuff could definitely go either way right now. Luckily, you can make them go much more positively simply by basing your choices on careful observation. As far as what you say, less may be more.
● General: Your routine will get disrupted today, which will get on your nerves more than it probably should. You've been on such a nice roll for so long that this new turn of events is disrupting your flow and making you cranky. The best approach for this level of frustration is not forcing things back the way you want them. It's too late for that. No, better to take a deep breath and just go with the flow. An adventure is right around the corner.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: During the coming week, check in on projects that have stalled out. You may find that the situation has shifted in subtle ways, and ultimately, you'll see a big difference. After all, productivity is relative -- and often inconsistent.
● Finances: Don't just hope for a more profitable day tomorrow, or a better year, for that matter. Start doing whatever it takes to make it happen. That might mean pouring over the numbers for answers or it might mean humbling yourself and asking friends for their take on things.
● Love: Get up-to-date on the news of the day, the hot-button political issues, the latest must-read books and articles. When you meet someone new, engage them on an intellectual level and see if they wow you.
● General: Things are going so well today that you might feel as if you are living out one of your dreams! Things will come easy to you and it is a good day to get whatever it is that you've been hankering for -- both in the material world and in the emotional world. Therefore, there's no excuse not to try. You will succeed in auditions, exams, first dates, and all other situations that put you to the test -- so don't by shy or hesitant about going for the gold.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: It should be a snap for you to complete almost any project on time and under budget in the coming weeks. It's a great time to pick up new ideas for the future as you crest a new wave and feel a powerful boost to your energy levels.
● Finances: You love a challenge, but the challenge before you today is not what you had in mind. Slaying financial dragons is fun, but the flamboyant animal before you is a horse of a different color. What must be butchered is your reaction itself.
● Love: If you're consciously trying to overlook something about a potential love interest -- or if you're ignoring a nagging little feeling -- ask yourself why. This deserves thought, not brushing aside.
● General: As soon as you wake up today, get as active as you can -- as soon as you can. You'll be in the mood to move fast anyway, so just follow your mood! If you have a long-distance trip planned, an early start will yield a surprising type of upgrade. If you are preparing for a typical day, a faster pace will create a lot more entertainment value than usual, and your day will take you into a pleasant and extremely stimulating direction.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Your philosophy on life and your values definitely influence your outlook on your job -- perhaps a slight career change is in order, or maybe something bigger. Consider how the largest issues guide you and keep you on track.
● Finances: You'll get a windfall today but don't consider it a bonus. It is what it is -- random, not earned. That should help you have fun with it instead of taking it too seriously. Besides, it's not exactly a dream vacation or a pot of gold.
● Love: Interactions have hidden layers of meaning now, but if you pay close attention, you'll be able to ascertain what's really going on. Bonus: It'll make those interactions that much more interesting.
● General: Recent personnel additions to your social scene have stirred up some confusing feelings -- and more than a few suspicions. Do you feel as if someone isn't being totally up front about who they are and what they want? Another friend may have the same concerns in mind. Drop a few subtle hints here and there to see whether they feel the same way. Keep in mind that friends should give each other the benefit of the doubt for as long as they can. A discussion is warranted.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: When you find yourself in a work-related social situation next week, try to focus on the one person you think will afford you the greatest opportunity to advance your cause. It might feel manipulative, but it will work.
● Finances: It's not easy dealing with a certain business partner. Others don't see the same potential in them that you see, and it's starting to affect your ability to turn a profit. They are more deserving of your support than the doubters are, though, so hang in there until their real value shines through.
● Love: Keep the chit chat to a minimum, even if the other party is relentlessly running at the mouth. A few well-put sentiments, well-thought-out ideas, and meaningful looks put you in better stead than going on and on.
● General: Uneasy energy is circulating around your pets right now, so it might be a good idea to schedule a veterinarian appointment for your favorite furry friend. There's no need to worry just yet, so don't let your fears stand in the way of your focusing on other important areas of your life. Stop thinking so much about things you cannot control. Dwelling on your fears or worries is a complete waste of energy and something you need to get out of the habit of doing.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Let the future take care of itself, and the past as well. You can't go back and fix the mistakes of the past week, and you certainly can't predict what's going to happen over the next few days. Focus on the issues at hand and clear your mind.
● Finances: Your impulses are yanking you back and forth. You want to play it safe one minute and then you want to bet the farm. You know you have a sure thing, and then you can feel that loss is imminent. It's a good time to fold your hand.
● Love: Leave the same old compliments and tired red roses to those with more impoverished imaginations. You've got the creative power -- not to mention the love oomph -- to do it differently and do it better.
● General: It's more important than ever to keep connections alive with the people you love. They are ultimately your rock and can serve as a grounding force in your life. As you discover that your upcoming social calendar has a lot of holes in it, resist the urge to fill them up! Leave as many blanks as possible, and call up a friend who's been waiting for a date. While you're at it, get back in touch with a family member who needs an update on how you've been.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: You will solve a big workplace mystery next week that will bring you a reassuring wave of adulation from your peers. Don't let your head get too big, but try to make sure there's time for an encore and plenty of adoration.
● Finances: You wouldn't be so bold as to suggest to someone that they go on a diet, and you'll just have to bite your tongue when you can see them spending wildly. The finances of fellow workers are just not your problem. It's hard, even painful, but keep your opinions to yourself.
● Love: Keep the agenda loose, and keep that gorgeous mind of yours wide open to any and all suggestions! Even if you've got a date, be ready to change plans and do something spontaneous for added fun.