Free Daily Horoscope - January 11 2017
● General: A partner or a dear old friend -- someone you either share your deepest thoughts or your checkbook with (or both) -- will make you a rather odd, yet extremely wonderful, offer. The kind you absolutely couldn't refuse, even if you wanted to -- which you won't. Fortunately, it's the perfect time for just such an activity. And if there's a bit of secrecy involved, so much the better.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: Keep your eyes open and scan the horizon for new opportunities. Your spontaneity and adaptability early in the day will translate into a substantial boost in your earnings potential that might come in as early as the end of the workday.
● Finances: If you expect all the sweat equity you're putting into something to just magically pay off, then you are being a bit naive. You need to be forceful if you want to get a return on your investment. But you may be seeing these particular people again down the road, so be sure to use some tact.
● Love: Turn the flame down low and let stuff simmer a bit. You'll notice something or someone you'll miss if you're in full-on working it mode. And by tonight, the stars start heating things up for you.
● General: You've never been good at taking orders, especially if they're delivered by a higher-up with a chip on their shoulder. Under those circumstances, you'll go out of your way to do exactly what you've been told not to do -- and you'll go about it with gleeful irreverence. You're in just that type of mood right now, so if you don't absolutely have to be around an authority figure you're already at odds with, do something else.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: You will move at your own pace through much of the day, but any resistance you may encounter will give way to respect, as coworkers recognize just how much you get done at that pace.
● Finances: If you expect to be feeling good all day long, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Be ready to tackle the parts of the day that bring you down. They may be a bore, but they could be profitable if you have the right attitude.
● Love: Whether you've got a couple online cuties to choose from or a wardrobe crisis, you'll get by with a little help from your friends now. Get a consultation, and send some photos if necessary.
● General: If you can manage to get through whatever the universe has decided to toss your way at the moment, which will be considerably interesting, you can get through anything. So if your boss or an equally intimidating authority figure happens to ask you to drive 700 miles on your day off to deliver a package, you'll be up for it -- and you'll grab the package and run, with a smile on your face.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: You will inspire greatness, and by the end of the day you'll uncover an interesting tidbit you weren't privy to before. So take on a leadership role in your team or department, even if it's unofficial.
● Finances: Every obstacle is an opportunity, and blah blah blah. You're sick of hearing the same old motivational platitudes. But though they may be worn out and tired sounding to you, there is still some truth left to them. You can find a way around your financial roadblock once you challenge yourself to do so.
● Love: While all things creative are favored during the day, clear lines of communication may not be so easy. Nail down the details of plans early and confirm them often -- and keep love matters on the lighter side.
● General: As the song says, you're in the mood for love -- simply because they're near you. You won't settle for just any old red-roses-candle-lit-dinner type thing, though. You're in the mood for a whole lot more. You want it all! Deep, meaningful conversations and intense flirtation are the stuff dreams are made of. Fortunately, with the planets aligned the way they are at the moment, settling for less isn't just out of the question -- it's totally unnecessary.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Err on the side of outrageous today. Extravagant and far-fetched plans will actually be easier to sell. Your sharp mind will yield a wealth of intriguing ideas that you will need to cull through before the end of the day.
● Finances: If you've always thought about moving your holdings from Broadway to Boardwalk, then it's a good time to follow through. Your investments may be like a game to you on a good day, but the money you've put into them is very real. Look over the board today.
● Love: Exploring some unknown territory -- whether in the world around you or philosophically speaking -- gets you all fired up in the most becoming way. And sharing those explorations makes you even more intriguing.
● General: Your routine is about to be seriously disrupted -- yes, again -- but just this once, you won't be too upset about it. It's going to be for a sentimental reason and as you've no doubt noticed, emotions seem to be first and foremost on your mind lately. While you've still got a couple of rational, untouched brain cells to rub together, better make plans with your sweetheart. Either that, or ask them to drive.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Don't hold on to your best card this time -- up the ante and start betting. You will pick up on some new information early in the day that will help you immensely later on in the afternoon as you deal with the boss or even the board.
● Finances: No one gets a reputation for blending into the background. You need to find the thing you are best at, the one that makes you stand out in a crowd. You have been wasting your time on something that is simply not your style. It shouldn't be a surprise that it hasn't paid off.
● Love: All sorts of creative enterprises are favored during the day, so consider giving your online profile an intriguing update or sending a couple enticing emails. Tonight, good times of all kinds are on tap!
● General: It may seem as if you're being nagged about romance, but it's only because you have a reputation that's carved in stone as the most romantic sign in the heavens. You certainly wouldn't want to blow it because you were preoccupied with something as trivial as work, paying the bills or cleaning the house. Right? Well, get busy!
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Productivity will skyrocket when the battle of the day is over, but until then, you must stake out your turf and defend it to the end. At some point in the mid-afternoon you will see it was all worthwhile.
● Finances: You do have a personal philosophy that ties your finances in with the rest of your life, but you just don't go around talking about it. But when others do, you're happy to listen. Consider it a form of research. You'll learn a lot you can use as they express their financial strategies.
● Love: Expect plans to go awry, messages to be mixed and general oddities to abound. If you can meet it all with a sense of humor, however, you can certainly salvage something surprisingly sweet.
● General: You may still be a bit irritated about yesterday's events, but it really is time just to let go and forget it. Besides, if a certain person you're quite fond of has anything at all to say about it, the type of secrets and intrigue you'll be dealing with will be far from unpleasant. Dim lights, soft music and sweet whispers -- that sort of thing just might be what they have planned. There. Better?
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: A struggle is raging in the workplace, one that's actually more of a challenge than it seems at first glance. It's your job to step right in the middle of the fray and strike a compromise -- get all parties to agree to your terms.
● Finances: Someone is extending their hospitality to include you. You're being given all the comforts of home without any of the expense. Isn't it time to repay the kind gesture? Think about ways to bolster your income to do just that.
● Love: Take joy in the pleasures of singledom now. Do what you want to do at whatever time you want to do it. Treat yourself to a little something special. Go somewhere different -- either solo or with a friend.
● General: Don't even try to hide your feelings from the ones who love you or from anyone you just met a few minutes ago for that matter. The mood you're in is the one that inspired that ancient phrase about 'wearing your heart on your sleeve.' Basically, if it's on your mind, it will be quite obvious to one and all. The good news is that right now, according to the universe, it's supposed to be.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: You will need to sink your teeth into the details today, so spend the morning and early afternoon methodically going over accounts, data and procedures. By late afternoon pry yourself away from your work to help a coworker.
● Finances: You love a contest as much as the next person does, but your opponent today is being especially abrasive. You may want to ask yourself if it's really worth putting up with. Ask yourself if winning is that important to you because you already know it's not about the money.
● Love: It's a sweet day to be you if the stars have their say, so get out and enjoy yourself in your favorite ways. The more active you are, the better; and the more people you meet, the more fun there is to be had.
● General: Your mantra, should you choose to repeat it, is this: 'Yesterday never happened. Today will be wonderful.' Keep it up until you absolutely believe it -- although after a certain person makes contact with you this morning, it shouldn't be too hard to talk you into it. Those arguments never happened and if they did, they certainly didn't involve anything that was worth ruining your day over.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: This will be a day of fantastic productivity for you and your work group, and you should actually have a pretty sweet time as you sail through the day's events. Late afternoon might slow down, but not much.
● Finances: You're too upbeat and buoyant to do something dull and sedentary like pour over the details, but that's what the day requires of you. It would be a shame to waste all the creative energy, though. Find ways to put it to good use as your nose is forced against the smaller picture.
● Love: Caution: Do not operate heavy machinery with the energy the stars are sending your way! You're in a bit of a haze throughout the day. By tonight, though, you're tuned in -- and darned hot to boot.
● General: In your not so humble opinion, life is meant to be a series of extended vacations, which certainly explains why you move so much, so easily and with such great abandon. It's not that you're irresponsible, exactly -- it's that you don't want to miss seeing anything. This type of attitude will make your earth-sign friends crazy, but if any of them are undergoing a time period now where things aren't entirely under their control -- their least favorite state of affairs -- share this philosophy. It might help and it can't hurt.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: You will get some good news regarding a project or plan that you were worried about at some point this morning -- you should be able to coast on the good feelings through the end of the day.
● Finances: Decency is one of life's necessities, at least if you want to be genuinely happy, that is. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You may be asked to trade yours for money. Remember, there's no such thing as selling just a tiny bit of it. When it comes to your integrity, it's all or nothing.
● Love: Whether you're looking for a little make-out hookup or something more meaningful, the stars say you've got the right stuff to make a stellar connection. Hint: It's not all about spoken communication now.
● General: Self-control has never been high on your list of the qualities you admire in yourself. More like the 'qualities I wish I had' list. So don't beat yourself up if you're not exactly the soul of willpower when it comes to the plastic right now. The best you can do is to ask a friend to go along with you, whenever you go anywhere close to a mall, especially if you genuinely need something.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Your nobler impulses will be active through much of the day, and before you leave you might find that your organization can help the larger community without cutting back on the bottom line.
● Finances: You'll make the day a profitable one if you can figure out how to turn around your own sense of ennui. The tedium of the tasks before you could burn you out if you let them. Try giving an enthusiastic two thumbs up to everything you're called on to do today.
● Love: Treat yourself right, then share the love with those around you. Do something just for you -- could be something healthy just as easily as something indulgent -- and your outlook will improve exponentially.
● General: It's not exactly that you're aiming to aggravate everyone you cross paths with, especially the ones you love. The situation is this: you just can't hold back your feelings and more importantly, your ideas. So if someone asks for your opinion, why bother trying to pretend that you can hold back? Just issue a disclaimer before you start to speak. Once they pick their jaw up from the floor, they'll be fine with it.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Your deepest ambitions (maybe even those unrelated to work) will help you create something new and potent. It might be as low-key as a new system for dealing with workflow, or it might be a new career path.
● Finances: The words 'No, thank you' are not exactly music to your ears. Someone is telling you as gently as possible that your newest venture just won't fly, no matter how beautifully you package it. Be as gracious in hearing the news as they are in imparting it.
● Love: Are you planning on doing laundry tonight? Don't waste the super stuff the stars are sending your way on routine stuff. Errands will wait; the fun you could be having doing new things and impressing new people won't.