Free Daily Horoscope - February 1 2017
● General: Ever been on the verge of finishing a jigsaw puzzle only to discover the last piece has gone missing? And remember how frustrating it feels to not find it after hours of searching, only to discover it a day later hiding under the sofa's dust ruffle? A small but possibly life-changing piece of your own personal puzzle will fall into place, but only when you're not hunting for it. Don't try and force this; it'll happen quite nicely on its own.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: You have the patience and the smarts, and most of your coworkers will be ready for the radical changes you're going to demand of them. It is a good time for strategic planning.
● Finances: There's more than one way to achieve you goal. You may find that the task at hand is a bit distasteful but if you choose just the right way of handling it, you'll finish with your integrity intact. Plan ahead carefully.
● Love: Plan ahead before you go out with someone new. Do your research and find out that certain someone's interests. When you put the effort in knowing a person's passions, the rewards are equally as exciting.
● General: Ouch! Someone's working their way under your skin and trying to provoke you. Instead of being irritated by what you see as their needless rebellion, take a step back and a deep breath and view things objectively. Maybe they actually have a point? Would changing your mind and your ways on this matter actually benefit you in the long run? These are all very good questions to consider.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Sometimes personality conflict is unavoidable, and all you can do is grin and bear it. Keep this in mind when a customer or coworker rubs you the wrong way -- they don't mean anything by it.
● Finances: You're involved in a completely useless power struggle. Someone is trying to push your buttons and they know just how to do it. Even though the stakes are high, this opponent's mentality is no more sophisticated than a toddler's. Don't respond and the game is suddenly no fun.
● Love: Today you need to be more open to innovation if you want to solve a tricky communication obstacle. Change your usual approach in getting someone to trust you enough to open up. Think outside of conventional conversation gimmicks. Remember to listen.
● General: You're the hub of a big social wheel. You have some marvelous social gifts, one of them being the ability to connect people from all walks of life. Another is the ability to make new acquaintances feel like old friends and the insight to see fresh angles on lifelong friends. Why not bring both groups of people together right now? With you at the center, all kinds of great connections could get started right now.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Although your progress might require a little extra work or persuasion, your thinking will carry the day. No matter what challenges you face right now, your ideas are up to the task.
● Finances: You don't have time to think things through. That means it's a lot easier than usual to lose money. When someone appears to be your super hero swooping in to rescue you, be especially cautious. A verbal thank you is all that is required.
● Love: Today is a good time for deep thought so seek out a sanctuary where you can concentrate fully. Turn off your phone, turn off the television and keep distractions at bay. Meditate on topics that deserve your full attention. Meditate for a positive outcome.
● General: One reason willow trees always survive storms is that they bend -- and instead of breaking, once the thunder and lightning has passed, they simply bounce right back. Let the willow be your example today, especially when it comes to dealing with emotions or discussions about topics that could get heated. Simply remind yourself to bend with the current influences, and you'll snap back as right as rain in no time.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: You might not be able to wrangle everyone or even approach consensus, but you can get started. Teamwork will be a little harder than usual to pull off, thanks to wildly divergent ideas and plans.
● Finances: It's a bit unusual to be the one flying off the handle. You're more used to being the calm, cool and collected type. But even you have your moments, and the amount of money you're dealing with today will push you over the edge. It could be in a good way, too.
● Love: On your next date display your intellect rather than emotion. Your date might be impressed more if you show off your smarts as much as your heart. Play a pop culture trivia game or share a hard crossword puzzle to see who has the biggest... vocabulary.
● General: What's gotten into your friends and family? It seems like they're being contrary simply for the sake of needling each other (and you). Whatever the reason, try and let it roll off your back. To avoid a full-on fight with someone you care about, resolve to turn the other cheek and ignore their bizarre behavior.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: You won't be able to waste your day, not even if you tried. Slow down and let your customers and peers work at their own pace. Use the extra time to organize or brainstorm -- you'll come up with something juicy!
● Finances: To say you have relationship issues is an understatement. The oddballs are out in full force, but you're adaptable enough to go with the flow. As long as your money stays out of it, you don't mind how crazy things get.
● Love: Find a different approach when it comes to getting back into the dating game. Think about what your ideal relationship is. Include words like loving, fun, and healthy. The more you tell yourself that you want a soul mate who treats you well, the closer you are to making that a reality.
● General: Go ahead and listen to your naughty, adventurous side -- after all, it has some very good ideas about what you should be up to right now, especially if you're feeling like a change of pace. The stars promise plenty of that and more if you obey what your instincts are telling you. Usually you're all about following the rules and being good, but right now you're ever so much more interested in being bad.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Who's making eyes at you from the cubicle down the hall? Flirt back if you want and are allowed to. A little office fun is just what the day needs. Don't worry about it getting more serious -- that's the least of your problems.
● Finances: That old sense of dissatisfaction with everything you know is creeping up on you again. You need to do or learn something new, but you don't have to spend money to do it. With a bit of experimentation, you can find all kinds of ways to see things differently without spending a dime.
● Love: Experiment with your dating tactics to learn something new about what is and isn't working in your favor. Think carefully about the venues you pick for first dates. Do your research about your date before picking the restaurant, movie or concert. Customize the experience for better results.
● General: You have energy and imagination to spare, and when it comes to the social scene, you're the tops. No one need fear an awkward silence as long as you're around spreading your special brand of goodwill and evenhanded charm. Your honest enjoyment of people always ensures a good time, and that goes double today. You can turn the lunch line at your local sandwich shop into a party with graciousness and ease.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Office romance is in the air. If you're single, you might meet someone through work who will send your heart racing. Figure out whether you can re-compartmentalize your work and personal lives afterward.
● Finances: If having a good time isn't covered in your budget, it should be. It's not as if enjoying life is optional. You can find ways to do it on the cheap but don't stop having fun altogether. That would be penny wise and pound foolish.
● Love: Getting along well with others could make you in demand, especially amongst feuding couples in search of a mediator. Be careful not to get too involved in domestic disputes. People have a way of distorting the truth when they feel wronged in love.
● General: Crowds have never been high on your list of things you love, and that's especially true right now -- you need solitude to contemplate some changes that need to be made. Certain stubborn habits have become ingrained in your personality, and it's making you feel rigid in lifestyle choices that you aren't sure suit you as well as they did a few years ago. Take some time on your own to think things over.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Open up to the possibilities and lead the way, if you can. Though you might resist at first, there's a great idea floating through the workplace that will bring in new business and bump up productivity.
● Finances: When someone has a difference of opinion, you don't have to automatically see it as a conflict. The money involved has you reaching for your mental pistol, but that's really overkill (pun intended). Be open to seeing things in a new way instead.
● Love: A radical new approach to dating could speed up the process of finding someone perfect for you. Think of what you usually do to search for someone worthy of your time, now do the opposite. Instead of hitting the bar, go to church to meet singles. Skip the rock concert and go to the symphony.
● General: Be brave, be bold and be first. Your pioneering spirit is exactly what's needed to get things moving, and that's more than fine with you. Is there anything you love more than the chance to be the first to explore a brand-new territory? It's especially appealing when you're also given limitless freedom to exercise your imagination. With your vision and creativity, the limits are only where you decide they are.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Your ability to distill the valuable from the new is unparalleled. Now is a great time to review recent brainstorm sessions or solicit new ideas. You might need to wait a few days or weeks for implementation.
● Finances: Communication is always valuable, but today more so than usual. You get a great little gem of wisdom right when you least expect it. Keep the exchange free and open, because you won't know when it will happen until it does.
● Love: Exchange ideas with friends who seem to be in the same dating dilemma as you are. Brainstorm places to meet cute singles and offer yourself up as a copilot when you decide to invade a hottie-infested habitat.
● General: It's tempting to tinker with something, but your efforts to do so might raise a whole chorus of dissension. Reassure folks you won't be changing the substance of who you are or what you do, but a definite style refresher might be due. After all, it'll keep you from getting bored and prepare you to face new challenges. What could be better?
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Your devil's advocate-position might make the difference between success and failure. Use your natural skepticism to your advantage today, especially when it comes to new projects or strategic directions.
● Finances: You're so addled by your financial situation that you can hardly tell the difference between a plan and a scheme. That makes you a ready target for scams. They won't arrive with an X on their foreheads, so be wary of anyone who suddenly changes their approach to your money.
● Love: Your vision of the future might not match with those of your friends and family. It's okay to want something more out of life than what people expect from you. Stand up for your goals and make your happiness the top priority.
● General: Well, look at you! Actually, the real question right now is who isn't looking at you? All eyes can't help but be drawn in your general direction -- you have a light and spark about you that just won't quit. So if you have plans or a change of direction and you need some people to accompany you, not to worry -- you'll have all the company one person could ever hope for or need, thanks to your undeniable magnetism.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: It's a great time to make connections and get ideas off the ground. Starting new projects or enlisting buy-in from the right people isn't necessary: Your abundant energy trivializes those endeavors.
● Finances: All of your high energy levels are easily channeled into things profitable today. If only every day could be so effortless. It's as if you were born for this day. The excitement it generates will give you the push you need to make it through the next few weeks, emotionally and financially.
● Love: It's a great day to take a risk and get to someone new. Talk to a complete stranger to better hone your communication skills. Sometimes it's helpful to initiate conversation with someone outside of your usual friends. Be friendly, observant and most of all, yourself.
● General: Lately you may feel like your brain is acting like a DVR on steroids, and recording and remembering all sorts of junk that crosses your path. Sit down and toss anything that isn't absolutely necessary to finishing up the tasks at hand. Use this high-flying energy to get things done and move projects into the finished pile. Writing down ideas that you come across is a great idea, too -- you can get started on them later, when you're a little more focused.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Be at the vanguard this time: you should try to keep your mind as wide open as possible. The changes coming down the pike will work to your advantage if you let them -- just be open to new opportunities.
● Finances: Being unrealistic is fine when it comes to daydreams of wealth, but not when it comes to actually handling your money. Lofty thoughts won't help you, especially when you let them crowd out common sense. So come back down to earth early in the day to handle reality, even if it feels like drudgery.
● Love: Your single status could be the result of unrealistic standards when it comes to romance. Instead of searching for a supermodel with a heart of gold and a heart of a genius, maybe you should broaden your search to a human who thinks you have a cute smile.