Free Daily Horoscope - January 2 2017
● General: Have you been losing perspective when it comes to the most important people in your life? Sure, your boss deserves a lot of your respect -- but are you giving them too much? Your family deserves more of your energy right now, so put them first on your priority list. They're the ones who truly love you and have your best interests are heart. Try to take some time off, even if it's just an hour or two. Remind yourself about what is really important and make a necessary correction in your perspective.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: If you're too set in your ways today, you may miss something you need to hear. Be prepared for a sudden and major upheaval in your private life. More importantly, be ready to deal with these issues as open-mindedly and calmly as possible.
● Finances: You may think you know all there is to know about your money, but you'd better think again. As opportunistic as you are, others are more so. Your money may be in some strange places. It's time to slow down and look into where each of your investments is actually going.
● Love: It's understandable to be concerned about what others think, but you've also got to follow your heart and be true to yourself. Carefully consider your core values when it comes to love decisions now.
● General: If you're put in a situation that involves a clash of delicate egos today, focus on fairness -- not on politics. You have the strength of your ideals to rely on, so rely on them. Equality is too important to be sacrificed to get on someone's good side. If you smell a bad idea, say so. Playing favorites is not advised. Set a good example by being honest and objective. Impressionable people are watching.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Speak up at your own risk today -- for your own safety, mind your own business. Nobody wants to hear your comments about their eating habits or style choices, so if you want to keep your friendships and relationships intact, zip it.
● Finances: You used to feel you had a deep understanding of the financial world but now you're not so sure. That's a wise position to be in now. Pretending you are on top of it all would be foolish, no matter who buys the act. Continue being grounded enough to say you just don't know.
● Love: The stars smile on your words and actions now, making the former extra persuasive and the latter extra fun. How'll you put this stellar energy to work for you when it comes to your love life?
● General: Communication with your partner could become somewhat difficult right now, and it is not going to be immediately clear why. This is nothing you should worry too much about, though. As long as you are up front about at least trying to talk things out, then they will try to listen. That's about the best you can hope for. The good news is that sometimes, when you work so hard to talk things through with someone else, new ideas emerge.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Whether you're single or in a long-term relationship, romance is in the air, but you are definitely out of practice. Don't hesitate to sweeten up your best guy or gal with something special. Besides, it'll get your mind off the office.
● Finances: It's impossible to know which door has the money behind it and which one is hiding a black hole. The only way to know is to try one after another. It's a daunting task and no one will blame you for picking up your money and going home with it.
● Love: Interactions may be a bit strange at the moment, and it's unlikely that any major advances in your love life will occur. However, it's an excellent time to develop a better understanding of your current romantic climate.
● General: If you're not in the mood to hit the town and whoop it up, then you're not going to be much fun doing it, are you? This is the logic you should use when you tell your friends that they should count you out of the latest big social scheme. You're feeling more introspective right now, and the idea of going out and making small talk with strangers is not striking you as the recipe for a good time. You need to do what you want, not what they want you to do.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Don't get involved in power struggles at home today. You're with your friends and family so infrequently -- don't ruin what little free time you do have fighting over meaningless territory. If you can't solve the strife by a simple conversation, let it go for now.
● Finances: You used to love handling your money but the joy is gone. Now it's just one more thing you have to deal with. But deal with it, you must, so don't shirk your responsibility just because the subject is on the negative side.
● Love: Be very attentive to your interactions with others now. Particularly in any situation with romantic overtones (or undertones!), each word and every gesture speaks volumes. What is it you want to convey?
● General: Your enthusiasm about one aspect of your life is going to start bubbling over to another part of your life, today. Things could get a little messy, but you will love every minute of the fun chaos -- and so will the people who are closest to you. You'll have a smile plastered to your face all day long, and a great attitude about even the most boring-sounding things. Balancing your checkbook? Sounds like a blast! Cleaning out the garage? Couldn't think of a more fun thing to do!
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: It's only Saturday, but you're totally bored out of your mind. Don't waste this Independence Day making up for lost time at the office. Instead, force yourself out of the house and with your friends. Give yourself a break -- a fun break.
● Finances: Your usual sources of information seem all but dormant. They are more quiet than usual but that doesn't mean you can't get what you need to know from them. You just have to listen a bit longer before you act.
● Love: Knowing what you want is great, but don't put the proverbial cart before the horse. Your desires might just come in an unexpected form -- love does work in mysterious ways, after all.
● General: Someone sweet from your past might pop back into your life again soon, either in person or over the Internet. Greet them with open arms or an enthusiastic reply. They were very important to you once, and they could be again. The two of you have a lot to catch up on, and their news might shock you in the most delightful way. You might have thought you had no more room in your life for more friends -- but this person isn't new, so integrate them back into the rotation.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: You need a day to unwind -- that's why it's a fantastic time to be impulsive. Whether it's staying in bed all day, watching reruns of Seinfeld, or preparing a Fourth of July feast for your friends and family, go ahead and totally cut loose.
● Finances: Fun shouldn't pay off, hard work should. And yet the more you laugh and enjoy yourself, the bigger your bank account grows. If only every day of life could be this sweet and this much fun. Enjoy it while you can.
● Love: Work may not seem like a treasure trove of romantic possibilities, but you never know who's just one degree removed from that strictly friends-only person in accounting. Explore the potential.
● General: Just like a bad apple can ruin the whole bunch, a bad person can ruin a whole team. So watch out for people who aren't on board with the group goals today. Staying focused on the greater good is not easy for some (selfish) people to do, so you will have to help them along. If you don't, their negative energy could really bring everyone down. Do not let them force everybody's momentum downhill. You're all better than that!
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Don't spend the day worrying about those nine-to-five problems you can't control or solve in the here and now. In fact, if you've been thinking about rehearsing your lines for that raise or promotion, forget it -- it's a long shot.
● Finances: You may start the day feeling content, especially if you look over your holdings, but watch out because that good feeling is easily kicked to the curb. One overlooked bill and you're feeling weird about what else you've missed or what could be coming at you next. Yes, you are that fragile today.
● Love: You can let a past romantic issue get you down, or you can turn it around and learn from it. Some input from a friend can help you see it in perspective -- and even laugh about it.
● General: Your willpower is still going strong, so there is absolutely no reason to worry about succumbing to any temptations today. Be confident that you can continue to resist. All of the charm that this vice or that unhealthy person used to hold for you is fading fast -- perhaps not quite as fast as you would like, but it is definitely fading! Just keep abstaining, and soon you will lose your taste for it (or them) altogether. Get ready to begin a very empowered phase of living.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Don't let others persuade you to change your opinions today; this time, go with what your gut is telling you. Trust your instinct, whether you're buying a new car or deciding where to go on that end-of-summer vacation -- your decision will work out perfectly.
● Finances: Rules were meant to be broken, even cardinal rules. Make that: Especially cardinal rules. You are doing everything your own way, and no one else can dictate what you should do with your money. It shouldn't work for you, but somehow it does.
● Love: Your determination is a real asset, and not just on the job. Patience pays off now, as does the willingness to keep exploring your romantic options with an open mind and open heart.
● General: Try to fill your day with as much music and art as you possibly can -- both of these will soothe you and take you out of a crabby, blue mood in minutes. Plus, music and art will help you get back in touch with the more expressive parts of yourself. Listening to your favorite songs, visiting a museum or sculpture garden, or even just going online to learn more about your favorite artists will help you stay content and happy with where you are in life.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: You're radiating something today, but it's not warmth or confidence -- it's simple, unadulterated relief. You couldn't be happier being out of the office and in your own little zone. Enjoy -- you have nothing to do but relax and attend a few barbecues.
● Finances: Are you being conservative with your money or are you gun-shy? You are afraid that all of your investments could come crashing down on your head. The worst is over for your money but not for your psyche. Work on re-establishing your confidence.
● Love: Nothing compares to you, and all that's most mind-bogglingly and heart-stoppingly original about your own sweet self is amplified now by the stars. The right people find your uniqueness utterly amazing.
● General: You will wake up with a lot of high energy coursing through your body this morning, which will go a long way toward fueling some high productivity! This is a great day to tackle that project you've been putting off for so long -- cleaning the garage, organizing your clutter, balancing your checkbook, cleaning out the refrigerator. The things that you were dreading will suddenly be enjoyable for you, so make the most of it. Dig in. You'll feel a great sense of accomplishment.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: If you're a little off today, don't worry too much about it. You love to be organized and on top of your game, but hey, it's Saturday -- chill out a little. Laze around the house and call up a few friends -- see what kind of fun you can find this Fourth of July.
● Finances: You're not exactly happy with a certain outcome, but all is not lost. If nothing else, consider this flop fodder for more successful ventures. Treat it as you would a bad crop. Dig it under and look forward to planting and tending a new one.
● Love: Even a little effort in the love department is likely to meet with big rewards now. Try smiling and saying hi. Send an admiring email to an online prospect. Help out a friend with some support or advice.
● General: If you don't feel extremely self-confident right now, ask yourself what you are doing to test yourself. By facing a difficult challenge, you can prove to yourself how special you are. Even if you don't succeed, the act of facing a fear or trying to climb an especially tall mountain alone will go a long way toward making you see that you are capable of doing just about anything. In fact, you are capable of doing more than most! Dig down deep and wake up some of your slumbering ambitions.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Today a revelation hits you -- maybe you realize that fight you had with your boss was your fault, or perhaps you misplaced something and suddenly know where to find it. Whatever it is, deal with it immediately -- pick up the phone and make amends.
● Finances: Face it, your entire way of looking at money is out of sync with the new reality. Don't try and fight it; just let it go with grace and dignity. Your only option is to go back to more old-fashioned methods, like discipline, discipline, and more discipline. It works.
● Love: Those far-out ideas may be amazing to contemplate, and fantasies are fun; but the stars say if you want to make some romantic progress now, you'll have to operate in the realm of reality.
● General: Today, the powerful people will be cheering you on and singing your praises -- these new-found friends will help you go a very long way. It's up to you to go the entire distance, though. So don't take your eye of the ball. You are so close to what you want right now that resting on your laurels or taking a break from the action is simply a mistake. All that planning is finally starting to pay off.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Temper your statements with tact and know when to shut your mouth. Before you speak, make sure you know your audience -- and whatever you do, stay away from the soapbox today. Keep the conversation light and polite.
● Finances: You're so busy treating those around you as mere stepping stones that you're forgetting the only way to get ahead long-term. You need people who are with you for the long haul. Start working on changing your attitude. Find ways you can be of assistance to them instead of the other way around.
● Love: While appropriate boundaries between the world of work and one's personal life are important, there's bound to be a little crossover -- like right about now. Handle with caution, and it can end up just fine.