Free Daily Horoscope - January 1 2017
● General: There is a distinct possibility that someone you know fairly well is giving you romantic clues. This person is either too shy or too scared to show you all their cards at once, so if you're interested, you are going to have to do a little work. Get ready to go exploring! After a few rounds of 'question and answer', give them some of your best guesses and gauge their reaction. Watch them blush! This will be a fun day, full of verbal trickery and flirtatious success.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: Getting part of what you want is far better than losing everything right now, so proceed carefully and intelligently. When negotiating a contract between two warring parties, compromise is everything.
● Finances: You don't need to be told to slow down today. You may be asked if you're all right or offered a cup of coffee. Yes, it's that hard to be excited about raising money when it feels more like raising the dead every day. Find the shot in the arm you need to drum up some enthusiasm.
● Love: Pay attention to quirky nuances when you're going through online profiles today -- reread the ones you glossed over yesterday. Don't be surprised if something brilliant jumps out at you. It pays to go back over your work.
● General: Have you been stressing out over your career? Obsessing over getting to the next rung of the corporate ladder? Worrying about what will happen at your next review? Today you need to take the pressure off of yourself. Just focus your energy on hanging with friends and family and soaking in some much-needed R and R. Your boss, the office and everything that goes along with it will still be there Monday morning.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Venting is fine, but your loved ones have their limits -- what happens at the office, stays at the office. Don't let ill will or bad feelings from your nine-to-five existence carry over into your personal life.
● Finances: Someone is preaching to the choir and you're the choir. Don't let on how much you already know. You never can tell when you'll hear a little nugget worth tucking away for future use, or even putting to profitable use immediately. Continue playing dumb.
● Love: Everyone loves the new guy, but you're wholly unimpressed. Don't let popular opinion force you to into submission. You're entitled to your opinions so stick to them for now. Just remember that nothing is set in stone.
● General: Today is a great day to plan a party! And be sure to add a good mix of people to the invitation list. There are a few new people on the scene who could make great additions to your social life, and they are eager to meet your people -- there could be a romantic interest brewing there, and how good would it feel to play matchmaker for a while? You have the charm and the positive energy to get everyone excited about hanging out together, so make a plan and spread the word!
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: The deeper you get into this project, the more obvious the solutions will be, so just keep plugging away and making progress. Even if you don't know quite where you're heading with this assignment, the pieces will fall into place.
● Finances: If at first, you don't succeed, try, try again. And again. You're sure that if you just try hard enough you'll bring out that black gold, but even you should have your limits. Give yourself a maximum and don't knock yourself out trying beyond it.
● Love: Apply your creativity and organization skills to your love life. Clean out your inbox and update your online profile. Come up with new places to meet new people, and don't hesitate to ask your pals to set you up with other singles.
● General: It's usually much more fun to run along and live life to the fullest than it is to sit back and take stock of your situation, but today it won't seem like such a bad idea to do the latter. In fact, your energy is well-suited for an evaluative approach to what's been going on and what will be going on soon. Reflecting on your own life isn't selfish -- it's extremely wise. Besides, if you try to keep things shallow and light today, you won't have much sense of fulfillment.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Mull things over and come back to them next week -- you don't have the time to make huge decisions right now. Haste under pressure will lead to mistakes, so don't sign off on anything you aren't completely sure about.
● Finances: Everything doesn't have to be heaven or doom and gloom. You can live in the middle ground a lot more comfortably than in either extreme. The old joke might be about being broke and being rich but being middle class just may trump both of them. Adjust your sites.
● Love: You're dancing around an issue right now, hoping to make a point through smoke signals and hand gestures. Problem is, nobody's paying attention. Don't waiver -- be direct and communicate your intentions clearly. Too much is at stake to rely on hints.
● General: Your opinion might not be that different from any other opinion in the room today, but that doesn't mean that you should not share it. You have your own twist on things, and should feel free to speak your mind even if it's not exactly going to shock anybody. Every time you share what you think about something, you help clarify who you are with the rest of the world. This is a time to scatter more clues about yourself. Let people put the pieces together, because you are intriguing.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: The biggest trick when it comes to the latest office drama is not picking sides. The solution to this conflict is right under your nose, but you'll have to slow down and examine it carefully to come to the right conclusion.
● Finances: When you want to be of service, it pays to be sure you are fulfilling a need. You can insist all you want but if those with the cash to spend on it don't think you have what they are looking for, then you're wasting both time and money. Do more research before investing any more of either.
● Love: Don't be surprised to find yourself in the middle of a romantic so-and-so-said-this-to-so-and-so tangle today. Even if you know the truth, stay out of it and avoid adding grist to the rumor mill. Who's the trustworthy one now?
● General: As you set off on your day today, keep your eyes focused right in front of you. Every step you take matters, so don't get too hung up on reaching the end goal. To broaden your perspective, keep in mind that life isn't about the height of the mountain you're climbing -- it's all about the journey you choose to take to get there. Cutting corners or taking shortcuts certainly isn't against the rules, but getting to the top too fast could keep you from having some amazing experiences.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Everyone works at their own speed. Though the pace of others may not match your own, that's their (and management's) business. Keep to yourself and don't worry so much about what your coworkers are doing.
● Finances: When you see a problem, you should also see an opportunity to do some creative repair work. All you see, though, is how wrong things are. Don't let yourself stew over how far things went off the rails. Consider it an opportunity to break out into a good sweat working to make things right, then do it.
● Love: Your life at the office heats up today. Expect tons of unexpected work and long hours. But don't despair. The stars are looking out for you. Don't be surprised if you pair up with that new cutie.
● General: Your relationships are going through a shift right now, and you could find yourself drawn to certain people more than others. This is natural, so don't feel guilty if suddenly you want to spend more time with a new person. Just be sure to honor all your current commitments -- rescheduling or canceling a date at the last minute sends the wrong message. You're not choosing one person over another, you're just exploring new ways of being.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: It all comes down to the bottom line right now, so leave your emotions out of your quest for career advancement. Don't hesitate to ask for a raise or promotion if you feel it's justified, but be prepared for your boss to say no. After all, things are tight all over.
● Finances: When you think of your recent past, even happy images leave you feeling depressed. Maybe it's especially the happy images that bring you down. Don't compare yourself to what you once were if it doesn't help restore your former glory. Think about the inner substance you've brought along with you instead.
● Love: Normally you're a generous soul, but today, set boundaries around your belongings. People have a tendency not to pay you back or return your things. Don't feel bad about asking for what's rightfully yours. It'll be great for your self-esteem.
● General: Whether you use a pen, pencil, stylus or keyboard, any writing you do today should not be wasted. Wring every ounce of creativity out of your brain to make your messages more interested and meaningful. Do not deliver the expected 'Hi, how are you doing?' right now -- that's too plain to accurately communicate what's going on in your mind, and it's not going to get anyone excited. But if you employ some simple rhymes, vivid descriptions and other creative touches, you will stand apart.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Now, more than ever, your coworkers and boss are counting on you. And that's a great thing because you're prepared to take on challenge after challenge with grace today. This is why you're in this position -- let your colors shine!
● Finances: If no one is in agreement about the bottom line then it's just not a good day to push people to sign. Put things off yet again, no matter how eager you are to complete the deal. You know enough to understand that you are avoiding future headaches.
● Love: Look at your family dynamics today. Are you trying to fulfill some unmet need in the relationships you pursue? If so, it's time to resolve this behavior and move on. Otherwise, you'll continue to make the same mistakes.
● General: There's a lot to be said for knowing exactly what the day has in store for you, so the next time you find yourself bored with your life, remember that spontaneity is just another word for unpredictability: try to get away from a grass-is-greener approach. If you are always wishing things were different, how will you ever be satisfied? Your routine will start to get more exciting and interesting once you start appreciating it.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Consider your long-term goals -- and whether you're on the path to achieving them. You could find yourself at a career crossroads, wondering what your next move should be. Maybe it's time for a frank discussion with your boss.
● Finances: You're not a kid anymore. You know you can't just walk right up to something you want and take it. It may not be immediately apparent, but working diligently is the most direct way to your goals. Easy credit is just a distraction.
● Love: You're about to cross a critical turning point. Your decision will either set you back or propel you somewhere you never dreamed possible. That's why your discretion is crucial. One misstep and it's into the fire.
● General: When you're put into a situation that involves delicate egos today, trust your judgment and play to fairness. You have the strength of your ideals supporting your actions, so do not try to anticipate what the 'right' answer is. If you think something is a bad idea, say so. Playing favorites won't get you far today, when it's all about setting an example of honest and fair behavior. Impressionable eyes will be watching you.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Self-promotion will get you everywhere. After all, there's no room for debate when you're the best person to take on a prestigious assignment. But does your boss have you in mind? If you don't know for sure, find out.
● Finances: You need a few positive signs to let you know your efforts are worthwhile. Even one will do. But while you're confident the final outcome will be positive, you also have to endure the ups and downs that go with getting there. Accept that you are in a dip for the time being.
● Love: Keep a little distance from that certain someone you're interested in, but don't get too close... yet. Something's definitely brewing, but this one needs time to ferment. Let it sweeten before tasting the goods.
● General: Even though you are in the thick of things right now, you may not be feeling totally in sync with your friends or family -- but that's okay. All you need to do is give yourself some time to get back into the groove with them without putting any pressure on yourself. Try to (slowly) get more involved in the rhythms and activities of your favorite people today by tagging along with them or volunteering to help them with household chores. Physical activity will help you adjust.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Don't worry if things aren't getting done; even you need a slow day now and then. After all, the energy level around the office will take a nosedive, and you're going along for the ride. Just don't let your boss catch you reading celebrity gossip.
● Finances: You'd have to be pretty tired to give up this fight. Are you really down for the count? Dig as deeply into your inner reserves as you can. Even an ounce more energy will tip the scales in your favor and save you from disaster.
● Love: You're emotionally connected to certain people today. Don't hold back your thoughts and feelings with those who tug your heartstrings. Your vulnerability makes you exceeding irresistible and captivating.
● General: Everywhere you go will be crowded and active today, so get ready for some sensory overload. To some extent, you'll get a rush from the crowds. But when you need a break, you'll really need a break -- so pay attention to your feelings as the day progresses. All the activity may challenge your ability to concentrate on a developing issue with a friend. Put off making your next move until things settle and you can get some quiet time to figure out exactly what you want.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: You aren't a doormat, but someone's just waiting to walk all over you. And if you're not careful, you'll let 'em. If you don't feel like (and won't get paid for) taking on the extra work, say no. If you don't look out for yourself, who will?
● Finances: You and your colleagues are all working together to achieve a common goal, but it's not the one you were hired to reach. Whether it's the office pool or an outside interest, you are banding together in a new and profitable way.
● Love: When you talk to this person, keep it light. No need for bleeding-heart stories or gruesome details. This relationship's about fun; heavy conversation will turn this one off. Chat about celebrity gossip instead -- a few giggles will do you good.