Free Daily Horoscope - October 9 2016
● General: New sights and sounds will give you a rush today -- and the best part is, you won't have to step too far from your own home in order to experience something special! Your roommates or family members have something to show you and it's going to spark a conversation that lasts for hours. It's like you're finally seeing the wonders that are right in your own backyard. Gaining a new appreciation for the beauty in the everyday in your world is a rewarding goal.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: If you start to feel on edge, even aggressive, it could be because of a deadline looming. This one has nothing to do with work but has all of its weightiness. Don't let your more fearful emotions get the better of you.
● Finances: Your success is based on a combination of plodding along and jumping on good opportunities. It's this potpourri that makes it all so lovely. But it also adds a good bit to chance. You're getting sick of plodding along while waiting for your next break. Sigh.
● Love: Today is a day of renewal and an opportunity for you to get off on the right foot without indulging in your natural aggressiveness. Let romance come to you. All you have to do is suit up and show up -- allow the universe to do the rest.
● General: Your intuition might not be totally on the mark today, so beware. This doesn't mean you should doubt yourself at every turn -- it only means that you should get a second opinion about what you gut is telling you, especially if it's telling you something negative about a good friend. Suspicious thoughts could be merely a manifestation of what you are afraid is true, not the truth itself. Talk it out with a mutual friend to get some clarity and insight.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: You want nothing more during your work day than to be able to focus on relationships, and now that you have the time, you want to get back to the office. Time for some serious examination of your deeper emotions and motivations.
● Finances: Your understanding of money is surprisingly superficial. You're happy when you see it in your wallet or reflected in your bank statements, but you have no idea about how it filters through your life. You can see things from an entirely new perspective by simply keeping track of what you spend and on what.
● Love: Now's is the time for a little cleaning -- of your little black book (or PDA). Get rid of all those toxic exes, missed opportunities and painful compromises. Concentrate on the possibilities and your evening will be booked and overflowing with potential.
● General: Friendships, like any other kind of relationship, require give-and-take -- it's only natural to switch back and forth between you in terms of who has control. But if you are feeling like you've been giving a lot and not getting much in return, then today is the day to communicate this to your friend. If they're just not getting what you're saying, then save the conversation for a time when they can give you their full attention. Don't push it too hard today.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: You're tempted to take out your passive aggressive arsenal. At a minimum, you're feeling willful. Why subject friends and family to your underhanded emotions? It's a good day to be alone.
● Finances: When it comes to spending money, you have a hard time to hold yourself back. It's your bank account for a change that is the ultimate authority on what you can and, more importantly, cannot spend. The upside is that it's not that confusing anymore.
● Love: It's a good time to balance your hectic life. Stay home and get rid of all toxins in your life -- people, emotions and chemicals. Delete negative texts and emails; meditate and journal, and clean out your cupboards. The best part of the day is yet to come.
● General: You simply can't afford to be selfish with your time today. Like it or not, you have to get together with other people and be social -- it will be in your own best interest in the end. While you might like to spend all day curled up with a good book, your public demands your presence! The good news is that after about five minutes of being with the people you like most in the world, you're going to get right into the swing of things and have what could be one of the greatest days of your life.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: If you were at work, you would go over all the fine print before signing. Do the same before making commitments or getting involved on your own time today. Even a simple plan like brunch or a movie could use some review.
● Finances: When you reach for your money, you may think at first it doesn't feel like coming out of your wallet. Then you'll realize it's actually long gone. Don't get all indignant or start projecting your paranoia onto others. You already know who the culprit is: You.
● Love: Do something uncharacteristically daring -- open up the personals in the local weekly alternative, close your eyes and let your finger do the finding. No redoes! Allow the universe to dictate your fate. After all, the cosmos have more experience than you.
● General: You need to go back to the beginning if you want to get inspiration to keep going today. Your past can hold the key to your future, so look back and reflect. Remember back when you were enthusiastic about where you were going in life? The passion is still there, you just have to dig down deep enough to find it! Call up a fun friend you haven't seen in a while and reconnect. Getting back in touch with who and what matters will be invigorating and rewarding.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Focus on home, and your place in it. Being self-centered is healthy no matter how you go about doing it. And if nurturing your family members is your way of soothing yourself, go all out.
● Finances: You tackle all problems in life with the same level of enthusiasm. A lack of funds is just another challenge for you, and one you are up for. Don't waste time boring others with your plans; just buckle down and put in the hard work you know is necessary to regain your financial health.
● Love: Don't let negativity burn the fresh green buds of possibility. Be gentle with that certain someone and allow them to have a little bit of your light, just enough to bring out their passion and interest. Stifling this person will leave your bed cold.
● General: Your family obligations are at the center of your world right now, and that is as it should be. But they could be causing a few conflicts in your social life, so let everyone know about it. Explain the situation to your friends honestly and completely -- don't leave out any details that you think aren't important, because all the information is relevant. Your friends have families too, and will understand why you are reorganizing your priorities.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Don't waste time feeling restless. Be in charge of coming up with a plan for the day. Others may have plenty of suggestions for you if you reach out to them but stick to your gut when choosing your goals.
● Finances: Your instinct is to go for all things romantic, creative, and last but not least, fun. But these days you can't afford those kinds of activities. You have hard work ahead of you and it's critical that you accomplish it. Don't let yourself get sidetracked by anything.
● Love: Your nature coincides with this time of year -- be careful not to overindulge your virtue and find yourself sans romance. It's better to be wrong than to be right, so don't impose your so-called high principles to the detriment of your sex life.
● General: Your relationships are going through a shift right now and you are going to find yourself drawn to certain people more than others. This is natural, so don't feel guilty if suddenly you want to spend more time with a new person. Just be sure to honor all your current commitments -- rescheduling or canceling a date at the last minute sends the wrong message. You're not choosing one person over another person, you're just exploring new ways of being with people.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: You're like a delicate fish, sensitive to changes in your bowl. In fact, once business is out of the picture, you're like a fish out of the water. Get re-acclimated with your personal life.
● Finances: Interest, it seems, knows no limits. A past bill has come back to haunt you and it has ten times the bite it did at the time you conveniently forgot about it. Don't let yourself get all depressed. Consider it just one more opportunity to become better positioned by taking the high road.
● Love: Now is the time of year to assess your strengths and weaknesses, assets and liabilities. Despite your innate indecisiveness, commit to attainable goals for the next four seasons, which will open up your world to less tangible and practical pursuits, such as romance.
● General: Retail therapy is a very bad strategy for dealing with the dramas you're going through right now -- you can't buy yourself out of the blues. So today, you need to avoid the mall and don't you dare get out your plastic to pay for anything! Any impulse buys you make today might provide a temporary relief of your symptoms, but they definitely won't deal with the underlying cause. Save your money for another day. Instead, take a walk or visit with a friend -- for free.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: You don't need high energy today. All you need is just enough gusto to get yourself out of bed. The rest of the day will get a grip on you and propel you forward with no effort on your part.
● Finances: There is a crucial element missing in your plan for success, and no one can make up for it but you. It's willpower. You need to start exerting some self-control or risk going under. When there are deadlines to be met and bills to be paid, nothing else will take its place.
● Love: You're all revved up and raring to go. Your sexuality is chomping at the bit. Open the stables and let your horses run free! Don't worry about stampeding the romantic possibilities -- you'll meet a mare or stallion who'll give you a run for your money.
● General: Try to be as generous as you can be today. Your generosity can open up doors and make people remember you in an extremely favorable way, which could come in handy soon. So step up and be the first one to give someone a compliment. Loan a friend a few bucks, or offer to lend a coworker a hand on a particularity ambitious project. The more outgoing you are with your time and goodwill, the faster you'll start to get results back -- in the form of very good karma.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: After being surrounded by colleagues all day, it makes perfect sense that you want to be alone. But don't devote the entire day to your internal musings. You'd be missing out on important things in the bigger picture.
● Finances: You're as focused on saving money as you possibly can be. You're already making your own lunch and avoiding all non-essentials. Short of making your own clothes, you've trimmed about as much fat in your budget as there is to trim. Don't take penny-pinching to any further extremes.
● Love: Seek out an old flame to stoke a new romance; remember, here today, gone tomorrow. Don't be surprised if your reintroduction and subsequent disappearance create bad blood. Burned once, maybe; burned twice, don't expect a third opportunity.
● General: So how do you keep hope alive? Just keep going. If you think you're losing your grip on something you want, stop thinking! It's time to be irrational. Go ahead! Just ignore reality. Things won't seem possible, but they will be if you persevere. Forget about what other people are saying and close your ears to the discouraging comments people are making. They are coming from a place of jealousy and petty thinking. You can rise above it if you just look forward and move on.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: You've spent enough time looking inward. You have all the information you need to make an important decision. Now get in gear and move forward. Start by getting organized.
● Finances: Your plans are working, but they're just not the plans you are aware of. Your inner themes play a bigger part in your finances than you realize. If you want good results, you have to root out the negative thoughts that repeat in loops. You're so used to them, they're like background noise.
● Love: Everything gets your anger out these days. You must stop taking things so personally -- remember, it's not all about you all time. So, let somebody else take some of the flak for once and leave your emotional reserves for matters of romance.
● General: A big change up is coming to your immediate surroundings -- the world around you is going to be different place by the end of today than it was yesterday. And with a change in environment, you'll experience a change in attitude as well. What used to seem like a waste of time or a lost cause will suddenly ignite a flicker of hope in your heart. It's time to pick back up on what you thought was a lost cause -- because it just might not be so lost after all!
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Work had you feeling emotionally exposed lately. You were looking forward to some privacy, but you're surprising yourself. Once you realize you need an audience to be happy today, it's just a matter of finding one.
● Finances: You want to take disciplined action, but you have no idea what to do or how to do it. This might be something you just can't tackle yourself. Admitting you need outside help is the first step toward regaining your financial footing. Don't waste another day flailing around.
● Love: Zip up your pants and indulge your natural humanitarian side. Grab a hammer and build a house with Habitat for Humanity or ladle up some grub at the local soup kitchen. You'll have plenty of time to donate your body to humanity. Get involved now!
● General: A person you see a lot but don't know very well has a unique energy that you admire -- and they can help you build that same kind of energy inside of yourself. Try to spend more time with this person. Open up and accept the advice they give you. Their encouragement will buoy you to a new level of excitement and make you see that your life isn't boring -- it's just a work in progress. You can change the direction you're going in and spice up your romantic life with one or two small changes.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: You feel more on edge at home than you do at work, for some reason. The background music is eerily reminiscent of Jaws. Are you really swimming with sharks? Or do you have a workweek hangover?
● Finances: Finding a direction in life is harder than it seems. Money has been your guiding star, but now you need something altogether different. Following it, once you find it will prove more profitable than your current trek ever could be. Start by building a better compass.
● Love: Get out of your head and into your body -- join your peeps in the here and now. You probably haven't even noticed that person mooning over you in the next cubicle. Use your intuition to make a connection. Words needn't be spoken: The eyes say it all.