Free Daily Horoscope - October 8 2016
● General: Relationships go through transitions, and it's not healthy to resist them. You need to stay open to change and understand that just as you grow as a person, they do too. You want the best for your friends and loved ones, so you need to support their experiments and cheer when they need it. If someone's new endeavor is taking up their free time, so be it. You can't expect them to keep their life exactly the way you'd like it to be, can you? Give them freedom and they'll give it back.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: The last thing you need any day is for things to start going wrong, but it's certainly not the way you want to cap off your work week. Be extra careful that you wrap things up carefully before you leave for the day. Then, don't hesitate to take a bow.
● Finances: It's the wrong time to be exploring your financial options, but you certainly can't be blamed if your options come looking for you instead. You get a major lucky break simply by waking up, getting dressed and heading out the door. For once, you won't be wishing you had stayed in bed.
● Love: If you're not interested in introducing the person you're currently dating to your family and/or friends, you're probably wasting your time. If you're so stubborn, you'll continue to fit the square-pegged person into the round hole of your life. So be it.
● General: There is no reason for you to keep hiding your light under a bushel -- showing off isn't a crime, you know. If you have done something worth noting, you need to let some people in your life know about it! Too bad if it makes someone feel jealous. If they can't handle the truth, that is their problem, not yours. You can't worry about coming off as egotistical. Let them think what they want to think. All you can do is plump up your ego by letting yourself be proud of what you have done.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Your deepest emotions are beginning to thaw. Fridays tend to have that affect on you. But before you let yourself start thinking about marriage or passion (or jealousy, for that matter) finish the tasks before you.
● Finances: You can charm anyone, from anywhere. That's because you know the language spoken by all cultures. Money language can't be taught in high school or college; you've learned it from the school of life, and you get a refresher course today when you encounter others. All parties come away enriched.
● Love: Kissing in public might mess with your nature, but don't let your perfectionism interfere with romance. If you're ready to take this leap, it opens the door to your date's deepest desires and perhaps, their bed. Make sure you're wearing clean underwear tonight.
● General: It's going to be a sunny day in more ways than one, as daylight breaks through the fog of confusion that's been preoccupying you for so long. A short conversation will clue you in to some changes that are happening at work -- a new arrangement will affect you a lot more than you thought, but not for a while. Focus on your health today, and remember that prevention is the most economical way to fight illness. Be sure to get a good night's sleep!
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: You have all day to plunge into the unknowable if that's how you choose to spend your time. At least for today, you need to be more calculating than that. Make sure you have everything mapped out, down to the tiniest of steps.
● Finances: You feel at the mercy of the universe, but the outcome you desire is in your hands. If everyone waited for a windfall, there would be a lot of idle folk out there in the world. You need to beat the bushes until you find the cash infusion you need to make it through another day.
● Love: Two for the price of one: Don't commit to just one person right now. Be the butterfly you are and flit from one flower to the next. Your mood will cause you to second-guess yourself, but don't over-think it. Instead, just enjoy yourself; stop and smell each rose.
● General: If you're feeling indecisive about accepting an invitation that's just come your way, you can always turn to the people you love for advice and insight. They are tuned into the big picture much more closely than you are -- so find out from them what you should do. Relying on loved ones is important to do from time to time, even when you're working on something personal. Trust the viewpoint of someone who knows you well. They can help point you in the right direction.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: You're wise to be feeling indecisive. One wrong move could create an uproar of unprecedented intensity, especially if it concerns a legal document. Avoid contracts at all costs today.
● Finances: Money is flowing out like water. It should be more like energy, nurturing you. It's hard but not impossible to turn the tide. You'll be doing yourself a favor if you think of it more in terms of a mind game or an attitude adjustment than economics.
● Love: Everything's happening at once and true to your nature, you just want to crawl hide. Despite your desire to stay home with that one special person (who's nonexistent), get out there and make something happen. Even a walk around the block can bring new possibilities.
● General: Reflections can't just be found in mirrors, you know. If you want to catch a glimpse of your true self today, you need to be honest and accept your imperfections. Trying to pretend you are perfect isn't fooling anyone, and it could limit your growth. Put away your ego and you will be able to learn a valuable lesson about your insecurities. Who you are is not predetermined. You are a work in process. You can make all the changes you want to make, you just have to start.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: No matter how deeply you examine the issues, you just can't find the relevant facts. They're either too far beneath the surface or not solid enough to get your mind around. Your only sensible choice is to be intuitive.
● Finances: You need some adventure, but you can't afford to travel in the manner that you've grown accustomed to and backpacking doesn't hold the same allure it once did. Branching out means exploring something other than the physical terrain. Learning something new can be just as exciting, and less expensive if you do it right.
● Love: Your wants and needs have come to a standstill. You want certain things but you also need a break. How do you bring these two forces into harmony? A day of nothing -- just be good with where you're at. If you're lonely in your self-imposed solitude, invite someone over to loaf with you.
● General: Are you feeling pressured to be social right now when really all you want to do is cuddle up on the couch and watch televisions? Listen to yourself and follow your mood, despite what other people may say. After all, one person's lazy is another person's relaxed. So do not listen to others who are focused on things that just don't matter to you right now. They need to learn how to negotiate and reason with you -- and you don't have to make it any easier for them.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: You need some incentive. Unrealistic goals are fine because they goad you ever onward. As long as you don't exhaust yourself trying, go ahead and give yourself a carrot on a stick.
● Finances: Fear and tension are getting in the way. You need to overcome them if you want to think straight. Making up your mind means conquering your crippling emotions. Be brave. Remind yourself it's only money if that's of any comfort.
● Love: Given your persnickety nature, you'll be particularly choosy about whom you date tonight. While that keeps you safe, that sort of thinking is short-sighted and will send you home alone. Hairy knuckles? Big nose? Love handles? Don't let external flaws dictate this person's inner passion.
● General: It's not wise to exert yourself too much today, so slow down. You will be faced with some very tantalizing social invitations, but you need to be very picky about which ones you choose to accept. Even a quiet night out could snowball into a very foggy morning. You know the usual suspects, so look out for familiar patterns. The leopard cannot change its spots, so if a friend who usually walks on the wild side wants you to walk there with them, say 'no.' You're not up for it.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Things are not as stagnant as they feel. Take out your magnifying glass and look for less obvious changes. A chink in someone's armor could be more meaningful than an earthquake or a tsunami, even if it's a lot harder to notice.
● Finances: You can't expect everyone to respond positively to your pitch. Not only is that idealistic, but imagine how boring life would be. Live for the challenge in it and not just the profit. You'll find that both end up more rewarding that way.
● Love: You're weighing all your options today and having a difficult time choosing between potential suitors. Wild or mild? Risky or safe? Drop your inner caution and have some fun. It's all about adventure for you, so drop your need for balance and security.
● General: Any endurance-oriented activities you have scheduled early in the day should be pushed back to the afternoon, if possible. Unfortunately, your energy won't be as strong as you'd like it to be until later in the day. It is going to take a few hours for you to get revved up, but once you do, you will be hard to stop! This strength and momentum will carry you into the evening and fall off just as you're ready to go to bed. You'll enjoy a sound sleep.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: People are drawn to you. Now what? You need the confidence to make the most of your magnetism. When you notice colleagues shrugging and heading off in different directions, you'll know you've had your wake-up call.
● Finances: You can take a financial risk as long as it's only a minor one. A small impulse buy won't break your bank, but a new car just might. As long as you keep your cool you can let yourself venture out into the marketplace. If you think you may be overcome, don't risk it.
● Love: Your self-control and passion come to an impasse today. Ambitions could sidetrack you from romance. Even if the extra work in your inbox tempts you back to work, don't let that hot date cool his or her heels by keeping them waiting. Allow your passionate nature to play.
● General: Honesty is a powerful force, but it can be used for good or evil. So be judicious about who you tell the cold, hard truth to today. Not everyone is capable of handling it. In the afternoon, one glance at the clock could make you feel a bit overwhelmed -- there won't be enough hours left in the day to do what you wanted to do. Instead of trying to cram it all in, try to figure out a backup plan. That way, you'll avoid stress and still get done what you need to get done.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: The whole office is feeling moody, but not you. You're the only one who doesn't need to be alone. That doesn't leave you much company, or many options, either. You can stick to work or indulge in daydreams of the future.
● Finances: Why look a gift horse in the mouth? A boost in profits gives you as many good feelings as a new friendship or a pat on the back. As long as no one is hurt and you're happy, there's no need to question the source. Simply enjoy it while it lasts.
● Love: Play it safe when it comes to words right now -- you could end up munching on your Jimmy Choos. Your sense of adventure sends you swimming like Michael Phelps through the dating pool, breaking hearts at world-record speeds with your actions and your comments.
● General: Do you have a lot to do today? Well, the first thing you need to know is that you will get a lot more accomplished if you just accept things the way they are -- instead of wasting time complaining that they are not what you want them to be. Just deal with the resources you have -- they may not be enough, but you are never going to have everything you need. Luckily, you have enough ingenuity and creativity to improvise. You need this pressure to rise to your great potential.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: You don't have to organize your entire personal plans from your desk. You have friends who can help. Let them pick up some of the slack while you deal with all the details before you.
● Finances: You feel like the tortoise when you'd much rather be the hare. Remember that although he may be the more romantic figure of the two, he's not the one that wins in the end. Stick with your current disciplined, structured approach and you can't lose.
● Love: Your keen for the best of everything will leave your wallet and your PDA calendar empty and subsequently, your bed. This calls for some serious ingenuity. Scan the alternative weekly for free or low-cost activities. Don't worry, your date will never know you're doing it on the cheap.
● General: It's okay to be more vulnerable, especially with the people who show their vulnerabilities to you. Not only is it the best way to make a significant connection with someone, but it is the also the best way to relieve your worried mind. Sure, it's never easy to let yourself be emotionally exposed, but it is seldom the wrong way to go. There is a fine line between protecting yourself from rejection and isolating yourself from the people who care about you.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: It really isn't you. In case you haven't noticed, things have slowed down all around you. So don't let yourself get into a snit when wondering about the pace of your career.
● Finances: You have to work hard for every penny, but you wouldn't have it any other way. If it all just fell on your lap you wouldn't feel half as good about it. The sweat equity alone makes you glow just imagining it. Bask in your riches, both inner and financial.
● Love: Today brings you out of your introspective hibernation and awakens your inventive temperament. The field is wide open as far as the hotties are concerned. Indulge your visionary side through creative endeavors: Museum walks and art classes provide you with like-minded possibilities.
● General: Doubting yourself is absolutely normal -- in fact, it's healthy. When you doubt your actions, you apply a healthy skepticism to your decision making and help perfect it. Luckily, today, any doubts you have will be quickly erased. Today will be full of signs and affirmations that you are on the right path -- despite what other jealous people might be telling you. You are swimming with sharks now, but you are in no danger as long as you keep moving forward.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: The future is more than a bit fuzzy. In fact, it's downright blurry. If you ever thought otherwise, you were kidding yourself. Especially given the huge upheaval you've been going through, you need to be extra careful.
● Finances: Pay attention to the nuances of the conversation, because blurting something out at the wrong time could be costly. It's the wrong day to be a blabbermouth, one of your minimally endearing qualities on the best of days. Don't count on luck to help you out, either. It's up to you to zip it, lock it and lose the key.
● Love: You're totally in denial right now about finding your soul mate. Whoa! It'll happen. After all, anything is possible this season, even for your self-deluding personality. Be open to all bidders -- let the auction begin with you as the prize!