Free Daily Horoscope - October 6 2016
● General: It's time to think of others a little bit more than you have been. It's not that you are selfish. It's just that you have been distracted by your own concerns -- and you've become oblivious to friends who have been struggling a bit. Reach out to the people in your life with a sweet gesture and let them know how important they are to you. Find out if you can help them with anything. They might be surprised at first, but they will enjoy the attention.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: It seems like a long haul to the end of the day, but it gets easier from here. Put your selfish desires aside for the day, and tomorrow and Friday should be a piece of cake. And by then, you can eat it, too.
● Finances: You're looking inward for clues as to what to do with your money. That's unusual since you usually get your tips from the world around you. Some subliminal nonsense in there could throw you off completely. On the other hand, it could get a grip on you no matter where you look for advice.
● Love: The power of touch is huge right now, even if you're out on a first date. A nonchalant arm brush or gentle neck rub relays everything that words can't convey. Don't miss the opportunity to inspire some skin on skin contact.
● General: Given the huge wave of creative energy you're riding right now, there is really no excuse for you to be bored! You can make your own entertainment easily, either by grabbing your nuttiest friend for an impromptu hike or going off by yourself and checking out that new exhibit at the museum. You can have fun and keep your brain exercised in very subtle ways -- you don't have to be laughing hysterically to enjoy your life. Learn to appreciate the amusing nature of everyday life.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: If everything just seems dull and boring, it's probably you. Look to coworkers if you have any doubts at all that you're the one keeping your day from feeling exciting. If they don't mirror you, you have your answer.
● Finances: Being overly sensitive is no fun. You may think your relationships all have you on the edge of your seat, but the real reason you feel those pins and needles has to do with money. Yes, you are deflecting again. Take a good look at your bank statements for the real source of your suspense.
● Love: A romantically interested stranger is very interested in you. Think they're not watching? They are, so look and act your best right now. The opportunity will present itself when introductions are made: Now is not the time to flaunt your foibles.
● General: Kill them with kindness today -- use your affection and good cheer to overwhelm anyone who was against you. You can bring them on over to your side. It's easier than you think! Deep down inside, everyone just wants to be liked. So if you show them you like them, they will be putty in your hands. This isn't about you manipulating anyone -- it's about getting past insecurities and focusing on shared goals and shared ideas. You can be a great deal-maker today, if you embrace the opposition.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Be sure your facial expressions are appropriate for the office, even if your thoughts aren't. Daydreaming is one thing, but totally tuning out is another. Don't forget to adjust your mask every now and then.
● Finances: It seems like the universe is in a willful mood. Is it just you or is everyone facing the same kind of resistance? Either way, don't waste time on hurt feelings. Consider it a learning experience, and if you can't pull that off, make it a humbling one.
● Love: Your social circle's about as stale as week-old bread -- so meet some new people already. Join a club, a political organization or get in touch with high school pals. The opportunities for new love connections abound: Put yourself out there.
● General: Lately, you have been hesitant about starting any new projects -- but today you shouldn't be. It is finally the right time to initiate something new and embrace the changes that it will undoubtedly bring to your life. Before the afternoon arrives, you will get the sense that you truly can shape your life in a new way if you want to. The universe says that any pathway you start walking down today will lead you to an enlightened place, so put on your most comfortable pair of shoes and head out!
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Sometimes being superficial pays off. You need to smooth out the bumps on the surface before you can look any deeper. Don't take on any extra work until you can project an image of self-assurance -- or fake minimal competency.
● Finances: You're not approaching a serious situation with the kind of intensity it seems to demand of you. In fact, if anything, you're a bit wishy-washy and indecisive. That might be a good approach in business, but in the emotional realm, you really should be sure. Don't proceed.
● Love: You're normally resistant to setups and blind dates, but loosen up on your ideals. Allow a well-meaning friend to hook you up today, especially if they're married and in a successful relationship. This means they have a good sense for quality dating material.
● General: Optimism can be a powerful force in your life -- capable of transforming an unbearable situation into something tolerable. It has not always been your strong suit, but today you will find yourself on the sunny side of the street, seeing the glass as half full. Others will take inspiration from your cheery nature. Another bright spot: A romantic partner is reminded of just how special you truly are. Plan a cozy evening that will give the two of you time to reconnect.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Popcorn is no fun without salt and butter. And what's a work day without a big cup of coffee? You're going to find out. You have none of the right combinations to win, but you'll just have to make a go of it anyway. Good luck.
● Finances: Being self-centered has its perks and its drawbacks. Since you're the kind of person who gets a deep satisfaction out of nurturing others, particularly your family, it seems to have mostly drawbacks. You have the kind of attitude no amount of money can buy. That alone should be a big boost to your ego.
● Love: Show your appreciation for the undying love and support of your friends and family with an impromptu dinner party -- with one caveat. Ask them to bring a single friend along. It's a great way to make new memories and reminisce about old times.
● General: Turn away from the flashy and the new today -- instead, look for something weathered and old. Go find something that has a story to tell and integrate it into your life. So if you are going shopping today, go to a used-furniture, vintage clothing or antiques store. There is an undiscovered gem waiting to be found, and your mind is in just the right place to discover it. You have an exceptional ability to understand the true value of something that no one else appreciates.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: You don't let minor setbacks reduce you to tears at the office, so convince yourself you're dealing with a minor setback. Whether it turns out to be earth shaking is for another day. For now, do what you can to muddle through.
● Finances: You'd be a lot better off if you stopped reinventing the wheel. Listening to others would be a good first step. As hard as it is to accept views that are different from your own, you'll waste a lot less energy analyzing what's unknown to you but widely known to others.
● Love: Work, mortgages and car payments are such a drag. Instead of bogging down with adult responsibilities today, let your hair down and have a little fun. Break out the Twister and play a few rounds, naked. You know someone who's down to get busy!
● General: The fun, frivolous aspects of life are going to take up most of your day today, and you'll have a blast unleashing your wit and creativity on everyone around you. Flirting will get you some nice smiles, but be aware that not everyone is up for game playing. As long as you can keep track of who's up for fun and who isn't, you be able to enjoy anything thrown in your direction. Make the most of it today -- because unfortunately, this party period can't last forever.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Tread carefully. If you were in a snowy valley, would you tempt an avalanche? That's just what you're flirting with today. Everything you've worked hard for could come tumbling down on your head if you're not cautious.
● Finances: Business changes are affecting things deeply into your life. You need to let all that go for the day and focus on less stressful issues. Dust your possessions, go to the movies or buy yourself something new. As long as you're being selfish, you're doing something healthy.
● Love: A certain someone's trying to get a hold of you but don't respond just yet. Instead, let the suspense build. If you play it like you're too available, you'll lose a bit of that suspense. Even if you're on pins and needles, use some of that famous grit to get you through the end of the day -- then call 'em back.
● General: You deserve to have some fun today -- and luckily, you'll have tons of bright, sunny energy all around you today that will help you find fun quickly and easily. Join in with a large group of people if you can. Being in a group and tossing a bunch of great ideas back and forth will add some unexpected wrinkles to the day -- and you will love it! You are game for just about anything today. Your confidence is high and your reaction time is nearly instantaneous.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Your unconscious desires are becoming less and less subliminal as the day wears on. Luckily for you, they're just the 'run of the mill' variety. The week will end soon enough.
● Finances: Being low key is a good strategy when it comes to attracting both people and money. You can exude power and confidence without doing or saying a thing. Save your more intense attitude for a setting more appropriate for it than any you'll find yourself in today.
● Love: You need to do some organizing today -- you'll feel a million times better after you spend time paying some bills, going through your mail and cleaning out your wallet or purse. It'll clear up all kinds of space and energy to pursue love and romantic interests.
● General: Is someone failing to meet all of your expectations? If so, the problem could be with your expectations. This person does not understand the role they play in your life, so it is not totally fair to think that they do. You can choose to either readjust what you want from this person, or you can make it clear to them that they are not cutting the mustard. Your disapproval might just be the kick start they need to get their act together once and for all. You can motivate them.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Others look to you for back-up but they may not get the answers they're hoping for. Channels of communication are open, so say what you really mean, not what you think colleagues want to hear.
● Finances: You prefer being lost in the dreams in your head than to being vulnerable to the slow, funky mood you're in. But ignoring how you feel is like letting a big bill slip behind the refrigerator. It will only come back to bite you, with penalties. Deal with it directly, and today.
● Love: You're not always cool with your single status, but today, you should embrace every fiber of it. Just think of all the things you couldn't do if you were hooked up with someone. Call in sick tomorrow and take a weekend road trip. Do something crazy and fun -- let freedom ring!
● General: There is no better way to win an argument than by arming yourself with facts. So in the course of your day today, meet each of your challenges by doing the research that's required. You can't be victorious unless you prove that you know what you're talking about. That worst thing you can do for yourself is to speak out when you're not completely sure what you are talking about. It will only lead to embarrassing situations. Put in the work you need to and you won't be sorry.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Simply staying focused on work is your biggest challenge today. If you can't force yourself to pay attention now, no amount of effort will do the trick later. Do some mind bending, if that's what it takes.
● Finances: When you feel detached from everything in life, there's only one cure for what ails you. Friends. You can't help but focus on something or someone other than yourself when you're around them. Organize your day around time with them.
● Love: Take extra special care of yourself today -- treat yourself to something totally new and different. Whether it's an exotic facial or a down payment on the trip of a lifetime, you're ready to live life to the fullest. When you're on, it shows and everyone else notices.
● General: Trivial matters aren't so trivial today -- and you would be wise to look into things a bit more deeply, no matter how silly they might seem. Even though you think that the personal issues that are causing all the drama among your friends are not relevant to your life, they could be if you get involved in them. When things blow up between two people, you need to step back and let them work it out on their own. You have other things that you need to deal with.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Don't let personal issues become a wedge between you and colleagues. You don't have to reveal any of the details. Just knowing you're not the odd duck you imagine yourself to be should do the trick.
● Finances: You're about to stumble upon one of the most satisfying ways to use your money. If you thought spending it on yourself was sweet, just wait until you experience spending it on something socially useful. Even when done anonymously, the bang for the buck just can't be beaten. Be careful, though, because the feeling is addictive.
● Love: Believe it or not, it's not all about you today. So don't hog the spotlight, especially when it comes to a potential love interest. Listen with a discerning ear and read between lines. Soak up the underlying message and you'll create a connection with someone.
● General: It looks like things are going to start picking up for you romantically speaking, because a bunch of new people are entering your life. You're in the perfect position to build something bigger out of this momentum! You can finally build a partnership that will last longer than a few dates. You've been spending more time with people who stimulate your mind, and one of these people might be ready to get something going. Pick up the phone and get something social scheduled with them.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Some feel that any change is a big improvement. If you cling to the old and familiar, you're in the minority. Hang on tightly so you don't end up being the baby tossed out with the bathwater.
● Finances: Looming financial decisions are eating away at your confidence. Your doubts are getting in the way of everything else in your day. The best way to deal with them is to ignore them altogether. You should be splashing in the surf or sailing in the sun rather than swimming with sharks.
● Love: No wonder the responses to your profile have fallen off: It's time to spice things up. Action shots, baby, action shots. If you've been to interesting places, post your adventures and anecdotes. Rely on your broad range of interests to attract an interesting pool of potentials.