Free Daily Horoscope - October 5 2016
● General: You've got a lot on your plate, but look closer -- there is still enough room for one more thing, isn't there? So stop fighting the urge to start any new projects -- if something exciting comes along today, embrace it and get involved. Ignore warnings from concerned friends: They are well-meaning but paranoid. This is a good time to initiate new things and explore new ideas. Your mind is hungry and all fired up for new input, so go out and get some! Things could get very exciting very quickly.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: You need to strike while the iron is hot, and that's not simply a cliche. The timing is just right to initiate a new project. In fact, to get what you want, it's now or never.
● Finances: When you feel aggressive it's time to figure out the source, especially since things aren't going particularly wrong. Money is in the bank and you have a roof over your head, and yet you're feeling belligerent. It's easier and cheaper to deal with your subliminal issues than it is to ignore them.
● Love: If you're feeling lonely or depressed, reaching into your romantic past won't make it better. In fact, hooking up with a toxic ex will only bring up lots of old hurt and pain. Let bygones be bygones right now. Focus on the future instead.
● General: Getting caught up in a routine can be a comforting thing, and having things 'your way' makes this crazy world feel a little bit more manageable. So don't worry that you're getting stuck in a rut -- maybe that's not such a bad thing! Besides, you'll start trying new things when the mood hits you. Eventually, your routine will start to create too much monotony in your life and you'll start getting curious about new things. You don't have to rush it.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: You can have a good time with coworkers in a way you never imagined before. Include colleagues in any private plans that happen during business hours. Going to the gym or your favorite lunch counter are just two suggestions.
● Finances: You're facing your tasks in a matter of fact, dispassionate way. That's a perfectly fine way to make money every once in a while. The rest of the time, though, you either put your heart and soul into it or your risk losing your heart and soul altogether. Don't waste time on something you don't care about.
● Love: You crave human contact now, but that might cause problems if you take it too far. Lust is usually not love, so don't hop in the sack with someone just to fill that void. If you feel used now, wait until afterward. Better to find that connection with friends and family.
● General: Just because someone is out of sight doesn't mean they're not on your mind. A former coworker may reappear on the scene now, and they offer a missing link between you and several opportunities -- including greater wealth and a hotter romance. Keep an eagle eye out for unfamiliar phone numbers or email addresses, because everything isn't as you assume it to be. Sometimes, relationships or other types of connections are circular -- and come back around to make things complete.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Don't be afraid. Everyone is different, and the ways in which you are unique are your strengths. Instead of trying to hide, realize that you are being admired from afar, and for all the right reasons.
● Finances: Ascertaining your financial health shouldn't be as difficult as someone is making it out to be. When you don't get straight answers, it doesn't take too much insight or intelligence to see a red flag. Start digging into what is being labeled as an unknowable field.
● Love: Things are tight all over right now, but you don't have to sacrifice style for your ever-tightening budget. Have you ever thought of throwing a co-ed clothing swap? Gather your single friends and ask them to bring their discards -- it's a great way to get new clothes and hook up with old pals.
● General: Your hard work always pays off! Sure, it might take longer than you'd like to reap the rewards of your sweat equity, but it will come -- you must have faith! So if you see a chance to get a little further in a goal or on a project, go for it. So what if you've already got a lot on your plate or are feeling tired? The harder you work now, the sooner you will be able to relax. Dig down to unearth that Type A personality lurking inside of you. It will help you power through and persevere.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Issues around the home are dominating your thoughts. Be careful taking on any new projects in your present state of mind. Until you can focus on work, stick to purely mindless tasks.
● Finances: There's nothing quite like a financial roller coaster ride to get you feeling emotional. The intensity is almost too much to handle, and definitely too much to enjoy. The only up side is not having to waste your time on anything remotely near indecision. You have to be sure of each and every step or risk being thrown for a loop.
● Love: You have one particularly troubling bad habit. Whether it's your addiction to refined sugar or your propensity to chain smoke, it's time to get it under control. Seek the kind of help you need to deal with it, whether it's a support group or a physician -- now's the time to get healthy.
● General: You have an unbeatable combination of flexibility and maturity today that makes you pretty much, well, unbeatable! You'll be able to rise above any petty dramas with ease -- you're too grown-up to get involved in the childish antics of others. Taking this attitude will gain you respect and more than a little admiration from a former foe. Things are about to shift in your direction, and you will have a chance to gain a lot more power a lot earlier than you thought.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Budgetary issues rear their ugly heads again, or they were never laid to rest in the first place. Either way, it's time to break out the ax and do some more chopping. Make sure your head isn't on the block.
● Finances: Your investment dollars are simply collecting dust. They should be doing more for you than just sitting around. If anyone tries to tell you to keep them under your mattress, you can be sure they have a home-invasion plot already hatching. Figuratively, of course.
● Love: Things change; people move on. If you're hanging on to some crazy idea that you're going to get back together with that long-lost boyfriend or girlfriend, you're smart to let it go. Fantasy is rarely better than reality; the sooner you accept it, the better you feel in the long run.
● General: The idea of partnership is very appealing to you right now -- working with another person will be challenging, but it's the kind of challenge that you are craving right now. You will showcase all your strengths, and they will showcase theirs. Try to put together some sort of task for a duo today, even if it is as simple as a carpool. Okay, so you two might not solve all the world's problems -- but you will at least be able to drive in the carpool lane!
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: You yearn to make a deep and meaningful impression on others, but the splash you'll make today will be a bit more shallow than what you had in mind. Laughing at yourself is your best defense.
● Finances: You're not the type to accept things at face value. When you see something even slightly off, you want to know why. No, you need to know why. Your intellectual curiosity gets the better of you today and your bank account is the better for it.
● Love: You won't get anywhere romantically if you don't expand your scope of experience. So head out and try something new. Whether it's an exotic neighborhood or a crazy new bar, grab a friend and go for it. Talk to the first available hottie while you're at it.
● General: You've been working hard, so right now you deserve a break. It's not that you're tired and need a rest -- more likely, you need space and time to gain perspective on all you've done. You deserve a big pat on the back, and you need to realize that you are capable of truly amazing things. Plus, there are a few people who want some social time with you! Rack up some leisure time -- you know how to appreciate all of your success without focusing exclusively on it.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Things are out of balance but in the best possible way. You're heavy on romance, beauty, energy and just plain joie de vivre. Don't waste time wondering when things will tip the other way. Simply enjoy.
● Finances: Since when is keeping your heard-earned money considered selfish? When it comes to your cash, everyone wants a piece of it. Whether or not you have deep pockets is not as important as how generous you are feeling. Remember that you are under no obligations.
● Love: Good energy surrounds you today -- it's like a bubble of protection from all bad vibes directed your way. So go ahead. Do whatever it is you've gotta do. Walk through life with confidence, knowing you can't lose in any endeavor, romantic or otherwise.
● General: Good luck is not a passive experience -- you can't just wait for a generous genie to arrive at your doorstep and grant you three wishes. In order to enjoy more luck in your life right now, you have to create it -- starting today. Put some more positive energy out there, and do your own best impression of a fairy godparent for someone who needs one. An anonymous gift or good deed will go a long way toward bringing more happy coincidences to your life.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Subliminal issues are holding you back. The term 'passive aggression' springs to mind, as does 'fear of success.' But those are only the two most obvious. Devote some time to introspection if you want to hit the nail on the head.
● Finances: You are like a volcano about to erupt. That kind of intensity doesn't exactly draw people to you. But you can use this to your advantage if you learn how to harness it properly. In fact, you could make yourself a bundle if you simply use your energy instead of letting it escape like steam out of your ears.
● Love: Someone you've pegged as off limits suddenly becomes available for whatever reason. This serendipitous turn of events creates an interesting situation for you. Romantically speaking, you're poised to take a risk. Assess your losses and proceed with caution.
● General: Working with another person today will be just as much fun as you were expecting it to be, but it could also create a critical turning point in your life. If you are ready for change, it is ready for you. You are all set to have a good time with creative brainstorming, and you will definitely not be disappointed. However, your tasks will not be all about play. There is some serious advancement going on in your life and the transition you're in is no laughing matter.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: It's hard to make decisions when the group holds such diverse opinions. But someone has to coral you all into one pen or another. Be prepared if colleagues look to you as if you're holding the lasso.
● Finances: Once again, your moodiness is slowing you way down. Dwelling on your dark side certainly isn't helping you stay afloat emotionally and your bank account is suffering from it, too. Being a ray of sunshine is just another extreme. Find the comfortable, profitable middle ground.
● Love: Communication is king today. Sign language and eye contact won't cut it either. Be verbal; be verbose, even. Don't leave any messages to chance. You won't get anywhere skirting the issue. If you want something or someone, state it as fact.
● General: Despite your humble nature, your exuberant personality may be intimidating people more than you realize. Make an effort to candy coat what you say and amp up the diplomacy -- some of the people around you are especially thin-skinned, right now. They value your critical eye, but may not be ready for the truth. Keep in mind all the times they've focused more on your gifts than your challenges and return that generosity without hesitation. Show them your warmhearted nature.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: You have plenty of energy for work but you won't be able to make much of it unless you use it efficiently. Chasing after someone is not the way to connect, at the office or after hours. Wait for them to contact you.
● Finances: You're having a hard time organizing your spending. It's not as complicated as you're making it. Start by collecting all the small details. Writing things down and keeping receipts are time-honored tricks of the trade. Ask your friends for further tips; they're more than willing to help.
● Love: Someone's not getting it at all today -- to the point of being embarrassing. It's up to you to pull them aside and explain what's up. If you can't get the message across, try again, but only if your job depends on it. Won't affect you? Move on already.
● General: There is going to be a lot of overlap between your family responsibilities and your work responsibilities today, which is a good thing -- you will be able to get a lot done in very little time. While you're taking care of the errands you need to run for work, you can take care of a few personal errands as well without anyone thinking twice about it. No one at the office is going to care if you pick up the dry cleaning on your way back from the copy center.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: It's up to you to reach out. Don't let personal issues keep you from connecting with someone you absolutely need on your team. Swallow your pride instead of being aloof.
● Finances: When you have a moment alone, you get to admit to yourself what lurks in your heart of hearts: You really don't care as much about money as the world seems to think you should. There are worse things to acknowledge. Explore other deeply held feelings involving money.
● Love: If you're on the prowl, going on a first date or meeting someone new, focus on the eyes, they'll reveal everything. Words mean nothing -- if you're searching for something and see nothing, this is going nowhere. If it's meant to be, the connection will be instantaneous.
● General: You've stepped back and have been letting life move on around you without getting involved, and that was smart -- it kept you out of the current drama. But today, you might need to consider getting back into an active role. But if you decide to rejoin this rat race, just be sure to take things slowly. Baby steps will lead you down the right path -- and possibly into the right person's arms. Let yourself be taken care of a little while longer -- you deserve the attention.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Your image could use some improvement. No, your wardrobe isn't the answer. It has more to do with creating a balanced sense of yourself in the world. Stop thinking about what life or those around you owe you.
● Finances: Your emotions are slow to catch up with your new monetary reality, but they catch up with a bang when they get here. The upheaval so far has seemed purely financial, but it's about to get a whole lot more personal. Ready yourself, and remember that you are able to weather just about any storm.
● Love: Getting to know someone is a slow and steady process, so don't feel as if you have to learn everything about this person in one night and vice versa. Don't reveal too much too soon. You don't want to spoil the mystery and intrigue.