Free Daily Horoscope - October 20 2016
● General: Listen to someone who is from a different culture than you. Because they come from such a different background, they see things differently from you. And while that could sometimes cause conflict, it can also provide you with a great deal of inspiration. When you pay attention to things that don't make sense to you and really try to understand them, you grow -- it's as simple as that. So if you are feeling stuck in a rut, get into conversation with someone who lives by a different creed.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: If you've been waiting for ambition to strike, you're taking the wrong tack. It's not something that happens spontaneously. Think of it as you would a relationship. It's up to you to be initiating something that sparks your desire to get ahead.
● Finances: You aren't exactly feeling like Mr. or Ms. Agreeable. That doesn't mean you get to shove your way through the day. A bit of tact goes a long way. Remind yourself that your basic values still include manners and common courtesy. They're worth more than the money you are after.
● Love: You're totally open to new ideas and adventures right now, so when someone suggests trying a different stomping ground, you're all over it. Just don't swagger in, acting like you own the place. That's liable to turn a few hotties off, indeed.
● General: You will be making plenty of social connections today, and each of them could plant a seed in your life. There is strong potential for a new career opportunity, although it may take weeks to come together. The apple of your eye is going to get a lot friendlier, but it might not be for the reason you think. It's important to let your outgoing nature guide you today, because it knows who you need to meet most -- and will make sure you're introduced.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: It's good to be an educated consumer, but being too slow can have drawbacks. While you're shopping around for just the right move, a pawn is sneaking up behind you. You'd be wise to be in a bit more of a hurry.
● Finances: You want to be surrounded by sex appeal, but you're stuck with loyalty and dependability instead. No, it's not your friends you're choosing among, it's inanimate objects. Movies or books or video games steal both your attention and your money and offer very little satisfaction in return. Some days simply must be wasted.
● Love: When you're so committed to maintaining the status quo, you forget about all the wonderful facets of your personality. Don't be so one-dimensional. Branch out and pursue your other passions. If you don't belong to a social club, join one today.
● General: Throughout your day, try to communicate non-verbally as much as possible -- this could come in quite handy if you're feeling flirtatious! Letting other people know what you mean without using words is a fun challenge, and it will get your curiosity stirred up into frenzy. Don't be surprised if before the end of the day you're suddenly dying to get started on a new project that enables you to exercise more creativity -- cooking up a nice big dinner could be the perfect vehicle.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Don't waste time listening to unsolicited advice. Go straight to a professional instead. When colleagues try to bend your ear, you'll know you're getting your information directly from the source.
● Finances: Knowledge is power and information is money. You do know the difference between the two, don't you? If not, you will by the end of the day when you'll realize you've got them both. How you handle the news and if you cash them in is a reflection on your true character.
● Love: Look around -- you're fighting a losing battle. It'll take a serious dose of honesty to see what's going on in your life right now, so don't be afraid to assess the details. If someone's not calling you back (or calling too much), accept it for what it's worth.
● General: Ask for what you need today, and no one will think badly of you. Not only is your reputation stronger than you think, but the people who love you enjoy making your life easier (just like you want to make their lives easier). Emotionally, you are on solid ground, so be as needy as you want. Expressing your desires or worries will help you exorcise negative feelings. Self-expression will also bring you closer to other people. Reach out and enjoy this feeling of support!
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: You're in a hurry to get this day over with, but you need to take your time. You're only adding to your workload by rushing through the tasks before you. Exhibit your finest workmanship instead.
● Finances: You've come up with some crazy ideas in your time, and to your credit, you've never tried to follow through on them. But the doozie you're discussing today just begs you to take some action. People are oddly, insanely open to your pitch, too. You'd be a fool not to take advantage of the surprising reception.
● Love: You're like Tom Cruise's character in 'Top Gun.' Sure you're arrogant, able -- even cocky -- when you're doing your thing. But when the landing gear comes down, a whole different side emerges. Let that hottie see the secret softie underneath the bravado.
● General: You're smart enough to know that you don't know everything -- so if you find yourself having a difference of opinion with someone today, try to look at the situation as a chance to start learning something new. Having a healthy curiosity for another person's point of view will earn you their respect -- and turn a potentially prickly situation into a mutually enjoyable exchange. This is not the time to be obstinate: It is the time to explore other ideas.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: You'll learn something about a colleague you'd rather not know. Too bad you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. The best you can hope for is to have a good time with the whole darn mess. Smile!
● Finances: You may not be a show off with a big ego but a financial idea is your newest conceit. An investment strategy like yours is anything but ordinary. You know enough to not go waving it around, but you're easily tempted to share with so-called friends. Don't. Keep every last detail mum.
● Love: You're your own worst enemy when it comes to seeking attention. In fact, going about it the wrong way will earn you the wrong kind of attention and that you don't need. If you're on the verge of an outburst, leave the situation -- a meltdown now will hurt your chances.
● General: Don't shy away from unreasonable requests today -- welcome them! Right now, your life could use a little bit of disruption, so you won't mind changing your plans to suit someone else's. Your energy is at that tipping point, meaning that one more task could push you into an extremely high-spirited and productive phase. You can rise to the challenge and provide anyone with what they need fast -- whether it's a brilliant idea, a ride to work, or the perfect compliment.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Don't let minor problems with coworkers escalate into veritable issues. If you need some help deflecting, focus on your true purpose for being in the same room in the first place. Whatever you do, avoid being combative.
● Finances: The way you express your ideas matters as much as the idea itself. That's true of most subjects being discussed and includes today's. You may want to shrug off your delivery and pretend the numbers are speaking for themselves, but that is not the case. Instead of wondering why the obvious isn't jumping out at your audience, throw it in their laps.
● Love: Before you make a move today, suss out the vibe. You're great at picking up on the nuances of romantic inclinations -- and that's the catch. You may misinterpret signals because you're overly sensitive to matters of another dimension. Just observe for now.
● General: You need to say goodbye to someone, but it won't be as difficult as you fear it will. You will see something today that makes you understand that this fork in the road holds two very rewarding (yet opposite) paths for each of you, so leaving them to go their own way isn't a rejection. You now see that staying on the same path is a mistake for you both. You're entering a strong selfless phase that will keep your heart warm even when you're missing people you love.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Networking is all about relationships, not accomplishments. If you haven't accepted by now that 'it's not what you know, it's who you know,' then it's really time to pull your head out of the sand. What you see in the light of day won't be all bad.
● Finances: Stuffing all your thoughts of problems you have with business associates off to the side of your mind is your biggest challenge. Once you manage that, the rest of the day is a breeze. Differences of opinion you can usually handle with ease are suddenly tied up with money, which makes them that much harder to navigate, not to mention put on the back burner.
● Love: You're a shining example of contradictions. You're a slob and yet your surroundings are impeccable; your expectations of yourself are high, but when it comes to others, you accept the bare minimum. There's a lot to be said for quality over quantity!
● General: Today, you should start forging a new relationship with one of your old relatives. Just because they have known you for years and years does not mean that they really know who you are today. This is the perfect time to start from scratch with them. Pretend you've never met them before and pepper them with questions you never thought you needed to ask. You can connect with your relatives in a deeper, more emotional way. Get to know them for who they are.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: You can only be of service to a colleague if they'll accept your help. But it would take a major change for that to happen voluntarily. You have no choice but to sit back and wait for the planets to collide.
● Finances: You want to turn every slight disagreement into a contest, but being antagonistic won't get you anywhere. Try to find common ground with anyone you deal with, especially if money is involved. As long as it doesn't put you into bankruptcy, then a compromise is in order.
● Love: Sure, you're totally comfortable with your volatile disposition, but if you're looking to hook up, try extra hard to stay cheery. If you fall into one of your dark, brooding moods, you're liable to freak out your date.
● General: Your creativity will be a blessing for you today, because it will allow you to get out of an unpopular assignment you have been dreading. And once you do, don't waste a single second before flying out the door, away from the responsibilities and toward the blissful good times that await. Have fun! You cannot let yourself feel bad for the people left behind, even if they have to pick up the slack. It's not your fault that they lack the skills you posses, and they won't hold it against you.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: You're getting a lot done, but you're having too much fun while you're doing it. You're just begging for the universe to push you in the opposite direction -- at least that's what the devil on your shoulder would have you think. Ignore that little devil and enjoy.
● Finances: It feels good to focus on small, mundane issues for a change. Nothing earth-shaking is happening, with or without you. The details you usually have to force yourself to deal with are actually quite soothing today. Once you get them in order you'll be that much better equipped to tackle the bigger picture.
● Love: Your biggest concern is bone-crushing boredom -- even a bit of ennui will send you running for the hills. Don't create problems just to spice up your life. After all, drama is not the solution to the doldrums. If new scenery's what you need, you know where to find it.
● General: The balance between the energy you put into your family and the energy you put into your career has been out of whack lately, and you need to take some action to ease the growing tension. Do what you can to put your job on the back burner and turn all your attention on a personal relationship. In discussing a conflict, cut to the chase. Beating around the bush will give both of you way too many chances to avoid dealing with what's really going on. Just get to it and deal with it.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: It's the wrong job environment to be commitment phobic. You can't escape working, so you might as well stop resisting your ball and chain. Focus on the safety and security you'll enjoy, instead.
● Finances: You'd love nothing more than continuing your workweek today but children or romance rule that out. It's the kind of demand on your time and attention that just can't be ignored. Besides, variety is not only the spice of life but one of its necessities. Tear yourself away to enjoy.
● Love: Cold and calculated -- that's you. At least that's how you present yourself to the world. Underneath it all, you're a total softie, just looking for a fun time. Allow some of that fun to shine through. Loosen up your tie and put on your dancing shoes.
● General: You're doing some good stuff, so spread the word! You need to start opening up about all of the projects you're working on right now, because how else will people know about them? They are more interested in what you are doing than you think -- they want to know what's got you so energized. You might think they'll roll their eyes when you give them an update, but that's not true -- they are more likely to look at you with amazement, and then give you a round of well-deserved applause.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: There is more to your day than you could really plan for. If you're anticipating it being all downhill from here, brace yourself for the bottom. But don't be surprised if you hit an uphill slope, either.
● Finances: Strange and unsettling stories get your riveted attention the same way ghost stories around a campfire do. There are some financial skeletons rattling in a closet, somewhere near you and yours. Any closer to home would be scary, but the safe distance makes it all easy to enjoy.
● Love: When it comes to doing things for others, it's no strings attached all the way. You're totally free with your time and energy. But to the detriment of your own progress? No way! Fool you once, shame on the other person; fool you twice, shame on you.
● General: Your vision for the future is a bit foggy right now, but you need clarity now more than ever. Therefore, in order to understand what you want for yourself, you need to take all the time you need to ponder where you want to take your life over the next five years. Do not apologize for being slow -- your future is too important! Luckily it won't take long for you to come up with a few ideas, especially since you see a great opportunity that could change everything.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Being in the middle of the maze may feel like wandering through a thick fog, but at least you're not back at the beginning. The work days under your belt should give you all the confidence you need to find your way out.
● Finances: You are setting the stage for a romantic experience, but you also jump start your intuition quite by accident. You're onto something big and the others involved do not appreciate your inability to focus on them. Once again, money is pulling you like the promise of a good dinner after a day of hard work.
● Love: Being somewhat of an enigma, you tend to flit hither and yon. But new energy is coming into your life and it could change the romantic landscape of your afternoon. This potentially romantic situation needs stability to grow. Excessiveness weirdness could cause the opportunity to wither.