Free Daily Horoscope - October 18 2016
● General: If your recent dreams have been unclear, don't waste any of your brain power freaking out about it. There is no need to solve every puzzle they present, because they are not literal warnings of what is about to happen in your life! They are just pieces of your subconscious flying around in your brain, bouncing into each other. If you want to look for insight on how to handle tough issues, then turn away from dreams and toward your friends. They have advice you need to hear.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: Certain thoughts surround you like a cloud. You may be tempted to indulge in them, doing as little as possible, but that would be a huge mistake. Shooting yourself in the foot will definitely burst your bubble.
● Finances: You need to take action and your immediate response is to start exploring something new. But it's old terrain you have to go over first. Your mistakes will only come back to haunt you if you don't make some sense of them. It's not as glamorous but tackle it with enthusiasm.
● Love: It's way too easy to fall into a funk today. So if you want to stay sane and even upbeat, surround yourself with the right kind of people. They know how to distract you like nobody else -- be a part of something bigger than yourself.
● General: There will be a strong connection between you and someone very surprising today. They will come out with an observation about you that is right on the mark, and the conversation that ensues proves the two of you have a lot of common goals. You will be the center of attention in this dynamic, so try not to blush! Indulge yourself today -- when you do something nice for yourself, you are showing the world that you value yourself -- and that is very attractive.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Something is not quite the same. Your old office has an ultramodern vibe for a change. Whether it's the furniture or something in the air, make the most of its futuristic feel.
● Finances: You've become so unused to spending money recklessly that rushing out to buy something seems sort of unnatural to you. But you either have a dire necessity to take care of or discovered a bargain that just can't be overlooked. You'll only slow down enough to take out your card.
● Love: Romantic pursuits are a bit heady today -- you're more focused on your life and where it's headed. Why not pick up a college catalog and sign up for a course or two? You're more than ready to pursue different avenues of interest -- you may even find a new passion.
● General: There is a growing imbalance between your heart and head and it's necessary for you to deal with it today. You have been feeling a lot more than thinking, which could cause a misunderstanding if you're not careful. Be aware of when your feelings are relevant -- and when they are not. Any major decisions you've been mulling over should be held off until a time when you know you're looking solely at the facts. You're not especially objective, right now.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Dreaming about changing careers is just a waste of time. Make the changes you need right in your own office instead. A bit of creativity goes a long way, so start by thinking outside of the cubicle.
● Finances: Birds of a feather flock together, or so they say. You and your friends could all use a monetary shot in the arm. The boost you're looking for won't just fall into your laps, though. Someone needs to initiate some sort of action and it might as well be you. Take the initiative.
● Love: Put all those unfinished tasks and goals on hold for now: Figure out why you're stalling. Chances are, past objectives just don't fit your life's current format. Maybe it's time to create some new aspirations -- the old ones don't fit anymore.
● General: Sure, you may be forced to deal with a past failure today, but you can fix what needs to be fixed as long as you have confidence in yourself. Don't sell yourself short -- you know exactly what to do and you know exactly how to do it. Start listening to your strong intuition -- because it's getting even stronger! Trust your gut to tell you the answer to a question you've had about someone who confuses you on a regular basis. If you over think things, you'll lose an opportunity.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: If you think letting your mind wander is a good use of your day, then you really are daydreaming. Snap out of it earlier rather than later. Spend your energy tackling big-ticket items.
● Finances: Someone is acting suspicious of you and it's making you feel guilty. Try not to react emotionally. The facts should speak for themselves, and if they don't then you can easily point them out. Take your time as you make your case.
● Love: Someone interesting breezes into your life today. Sure, you may be tempted to trip all over your words, but zip it and let them do the talking for once. Though your gregarious nature generally carries you in all situations pertaining to love -- this one's different.
● General: Now that you've made a tough decision, your day will feel effortless. Green lights, warm smiles and a wide open road greet you everywhere you go today. Things are clearer. It's no surprise that with all this weight taken off your mind, you can move forward on what you really need to do. There's a strong sense of possibility that is shining brightly in your romantic life, too. Unexpected invitations may intimidate you -- so just take things at your own pace.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Someone is hoping you'll jump on a glittering new opportunity, but it's not really as golden as all that. Do your research before you decide. You're likely to find your old office chair is right where you belong for now.
● Finances: It's clear that some changes need to be made but your opinion is the last thing you would imagine needs adjusting. Without that, though, nothing else you do will be profitable, not to mention fun. All it takes to fine-tune your attitude is learning a bit of new information. Try to enjoy it.
● Love: Maybe today, maybe even tomorrow, progress moves at a snail's pace. While your temper rises, all those big plans are chilling on ice for the time being. Even if you gain a little ground, you can still pick up the phone and chat it up.
● General: You have an easy attitude about life today, and you'll have a good time just shooting the breeze with your friends -- so try not to have a very elaborate or ambitious schedule. It will feel liberating to slow down your pace. You are getting along really well with other people, so surround yourself with as many friends as you can all day long. It's a great time to have a big potluck dinner, get everyone together for a game of kickball, or volunteer to host a backyard barbecue.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Not a lot will get done today if you think you're the only one with an opinion worth acting on. Listening to colleagues is only the very first step. Not being too critical of what you hear is the next.
● Finances: You don't want to share, but sharing is what will bring you closer to other people. Letting yourself feel stingy and combative won't help you be the person you know you are on the inside. Remind yourself that it's only money and not really worth the time you are wasting or the headaches it is causing.
● Love: Now's no time to get sloppy! Even if you're generally a little loosey-goosey, work extra hard to keep your act together. You won't fit it all in, most importantly love, if things get too crazy. Check your calendar once, then twice -- and don't hesitate to confirm appointments.
● General: You should just relax and try to enjoy watching the world go by today -- resist the urge to dive into the rat race. Life from the sidelines can be just as beautiful as life in the heat of the action can be. Plus, gaining an outsider's perspective will come in handy in future relationships and job opportunities. Understanding why people are doing what they're doing will give you a leg up on the competition. Coasting through life today will help you greatly tomorrow.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Did you really expect progress to happen on its own? Things are exactly where you left them on Friday. Just put your head down and get back to the hard work of moving forward.
● Finances: Being exclusively interested in relationships is just as lopsided as caring only about your money. There has to be some kind of comfortable compromise you can make with the various sides of yourself. Extremes are just your own projections anyway.
● Love: It's too easy to assume where you stand with someone -- or vice versa. So don't take casual relationships for granted. Unless it's articulated in words, anything is possible. You know it's not exclusive, but they may think it's monogamy: Candor is painful, but it's essential.
● General: Getting a friend to join you on your latest plan might be difficult, but it will be worth all the effort it takes. They make things more fun! Even though they need to be convinced, when it comes to what to do next, their presence is important to you. So don't give up until they eventually say 'yes.' You're ready to be more spontaneous, and they should try it, too. Appeal to their imagination. Paint a picture of the best case scenario -- that might sway them over to your side.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: If you could pluck one thing out of your fantasies and make it real, what would it be? If you choose a work assignment, you're in for a pleasant surprise. You'll get a plum one without even rubbing the lamp.
● Finances: The way you're being spoken to makes you feel like you're being treated like some kind of Martian. Someone is trying to tell you something but you're not picking up on the key code words. Some things are best only subtly hinted at, after all. Anything spelled out is computer generated, at least for the day. All else is merely strongly suggested.
● Love: You want to blame your lack of romantic luck on external factors. If you want to be in the right place at the right time, that's up to you. Nothing interesting is happening on the couch, so turn off the Wii, get off the couch and make some calls or check social media.
● General: What happened to that famous 'can do' attitude of yours? Today you can try to get it back by asking friends to give you a few words of encouragement. And they're going to love being the person that you can rely on right now, especially after all you have done for them. Your capabilities have never dimmed, but it looks like your self-confidence has -- and that simply won't do. The good news is, you can get it back today, if you let your friends cheer you on.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Getting your day started may be the first of your problems but it's certainly not the least of them. Get revved up in whatever way works, because the morning's energy level sets the stage for the rest of your day.
● Finances: It makes sense that you feel a sense of pride in what you've accomplished when you get a lot done. That makes your heart swell. If that's reminiscent of love, you're on the money. It's not all fun and games, though. You get a pretty penny for a job well done. Congrats.
● Love: Don't deny yourself some accolades -- you deserve it. Execute your to-dos early in the day. That way, you'll have the remainder of the afternoon and evening free to roam the nuances of singledom. Relax and enjoy your unrestricted time.
● General: Cast a critical eye on all your relationships today -- at work, in your family and definitely in your romantic sphere. There's nothing necessarily wrong, but you do need to check in and make sure that you're doing your part to keep the lines of communication wide open. Be careful not to be too hard on yourself if you've been a bit unavailable to the people who care about you. No one is perfect! Remember to treat yourself with the same gentle compassion you show to your friends and family.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: You and colleagues are like notes in a symphony. Working together is like making beautiful music. Every day can't be this harmonious, so be sure to make the most of the good vibrations.
● Finances: You're being pulled in two directions, but that's nothing new. What is new is wondering if either side is actually worth it. You have more room for change now than you've ever realized before. You owe it to your own sense of stability and security to finally choose.
● Love: If you start your day feeling like anything and everything are possible, you're on the right track. Make goals, everything from what you want to accomplish today to your bucket list. If it doesn't seem real, share your goals and passions with another person -- nothing beats a partner in crime.
● General: It's going to be an easy breezy day for you -- most of your hard choices are behind you, you're in a wonderful mood, and any workload you've been assigned will be pretty darn simple to complete in no time. This means that all of your energy can (and should) be devoted to having fun and relaxing. This is a wonderful day to hang out with friends you haven't seen in ages, especially those who have been living far from you. Reconnect and remember together.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: You feel like hogging all the office supplies. Don't get greedy with the joint assets. Five hundred paper clips in your drawer are no more valuable to you than fifty. Find a more productive outlet for your anxieties.
● Finances: Philanthropy comes easily to you even when you are short of funds. You'd gladly give the shirt off your back to someone in need, even if you don't know them. Your selflessness is rewarded by the universe -- if not by humanity. Besides, it's already its own reward.
● Love: Just when you thought everything was on the up and up, a romance goes wrong, forcing you to reappraise some long-held notions about commitment and love. This digression is actually a blessing in disguise, so don't over-think it.
● General: Some surprising news will make even the most level-headed people around you turn into temperamental children. Luckily, their transformation will come off as incredibly amusing to you. You're in a very tolerant mood overall right now, so this is a very good day to put in some time with those relatives who sometimes test your patience. Conversation topics that used to make you groan will somehow be a lot more interesting than ever before. Your curiosity overrides your cynicism today.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Doing something for colleagues is actually doing something for yourself, in more than just the karmic sense. You're suddenly enjoying being of service. Go ahead, indulge yourself.
● Finances: The key to the riddle that is your life is hidden from you. You feel lost in a fog and just generally dazed and confused. Things won't be crystal clear tomorrow, but at least your entire life won't feel like one big illusion. Which is closer to the truth is a draw.
● Love: If you don't have all the information, don't press the start button. Better to make sure your bases are covered before setting sail on uncharted waters. After all, your half-baked plan is totally unseaworthy. There's no sense in going down with the ship.