Free Daily Horoscope - October 10 2016
● General: A friend who has been missing in action for a really long time will pop back onto the scene today -- and boy, do they have a story to tell about their adventures! So before you get all indignant about being neglected, listen to what they have to say. Be a good audience and show them that all you want is for them to feel fulfilled in their life, not obligated to you. You're not a friend who keeps track of the hours they put into the relationship. That petty person is not you.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: If you imagine you'll be meeting someone fascinating and brand new or find yourself among a group whose ways are totally exotic and foreign to you, don't waste your time fantasizing. But on the other hand, there is plenty you don't know about the folks who are familiar to you. Start exploring.
● Finances: You're constantly analyzing others for tips. You take advantage of a lot just by watching how they do things, but eventually, you should learn to rely on yourself, just the way you are. If you slow down a minute, you'll realize you already have what it takes to drive your ideas all the way home.
● Love: You have hundred, possibly thousands of friends and acquaintances, but how do you spot that special someone? Well, with your careless and freestyle, that shouldn't be a problem. Your knack for picking out just the right person for the right occasion won't leave you lonely or deprived where it counts.
● General: Today you are in an acquisitive mood, and will have an insatiable need for more of whatever you have right now. However, if you obey all of these extravagant impulses, you could find yourself in some extremely uncomfortable financial situations. Try to distract yourself by acquiring things that don't require money -- like time with your favorite people. Your needs are probably rooted in emotional connections anyway. Fulfill your cravings without committing yourself to a lifetime of debt.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Your active subconscious has you holed up where it's safe and cozy. The only problem is that not sticking your neck out isn't very fulfilling. There are ways to both play it safe and take some risks, so find a balance.
● Finances: You already have a deep understanding of the issues you are investigating. It seems like you're always short of one crucial piece of information, but the only thing missing is the actual decision you have to make. All it takes is seeing it all from a slightly different angle to make it all obvious.
● Love: Your love of cooking and eating makes you a sensuous feast for any hungry soul. It may sound trite, but the quickest way to their heart is through the stomach. Whip up a decadent dessert and throw in a nightcap and the end of your evening is assured.
● General: You will become a big part of an exciting development in a friend's love life -- but first you need to learn how to keep a secret! You risk ruining a pretty fabulous surprise if you start hinting around to a pal that you know something they don't know. This is one super secret that you simply can't spill -- or else! Once it's over, you can talk all you want, but until then, keep yourself distracted with new travel ideas or fun errands. If you have to, avoid the lucky person until the coast is clear.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: You consider yourself intelligent, but relationships are baffling you today. The outcome of an argument or simple misunderstanding may seem out of your hands, but it's actually totally up to you. Just approach it as you would any other challenge.
● Finances: You've got a bad feeling and you're not sure why. You are right to go with your gut, despite outward appearances. It doesn't have to be clear to others why you do what you do. All that matters is that you are clear about making a decision you are comfortable with.
● Love: Everyone knows that you are two for the price of one, which makes you a real bargain, romantically speaking. You're also a handful -- but that's okay because the right person will delight in your personality. So don't hold back; you're trouble and that's all right.
● General: It could be difficult to control your energy flow today -- one minute it will kick into overdrive like a full-blast furnace and the next moment it will fade down to a bare flicker of flame. This means that it isn't going to be a great day if you need long, sustained concentration -- taking a test, going on a job interview or even going out on a date could be a challenge. But you'll get your mojo back soon enough. Try to reschedule things for another day if you can.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Your energy is up, down and sideways, but mostly down and sideways. Luckily for you, you're not at the office. Spend the day dealing with your conflicted state in private.
● Finances: You have to deal with something you'd rather not even acknowledge. Instead of projecting all of your personal weirdness onto it, treat it the same way you would any other professional or financial situation. The solution is not as extreme as the feelings you have in reaction to it.
● Love: Don't hold on to that emotional security blanket, lest you miss an excellent opportunity for smokin' hot love! Despite your desire for the warmth and protection of a committed relationship, practice makes perfect and the more you practice, the more experience you'll bring to your final foray into romance.
● General: Everyday you achieve major victories, whether you realize it or not. So why are you looking for a specific excuse to celebrate? You don't have to wait for permission. Pick a date, find a hot new restaurant you want to try, and then call up your friends for a fun night out. When they ask what the occasion is, simply tell them 'life.' Without an official reason, you're free from the pressures of expectation -- and no one will feel guilty or jealous about success.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: If only you had the kind of boundless energy you have today when you're at work! The sky's the limit as far as what you can get accomplished. Don't stop with things around the house. Get out there and explore.
● Finances: You're dealing with an old enemy. Just when you work up a head of steam, a thought that's a blow to your ego resurfaces. Conquering it means going after it from an entirely new angle, like acknowledging that it's not all bad. This kind of nemesis keeps you from such evils as arrogance, not necessarily from success.
● Love: You don't need to hook up with anyone right now -- after all, you're the sole member of a Mutual Admiration Society. You're perfectly happy lolling in your own warmth, so stretch out and soak up those loving rays. But be careful -- don't get blinded by your own brilliance.
● General: The strong current of this day is set, and you can either hop into your little boat and ride this flow of energy, or stay on the shore and off the waterway altogether. Forget the notion that you can change the tide, because it is beyond your control. Be humble in the activities that are planned today, and accept the fact that other people may know what is best -- at least for now. Don't forget: It's your right to opt out if you don't agree with what is going on, too.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: You may feel like you're in an anxiety dream, where your shoes are stuck in glue or you're being held back by ropes. The only way to get beyond this tense feeling is to take a big risk. Force yourself.
● Finances: When you're down to a single bill, you know it's time to reconnect with work. There's just no other way to come up with the money you need. If you can't work it into the usual channels, then being creative will have to be more of a hobby and a passion than a career.
● Love: You're probably feeling a bit off balance right now -- no wonder; it's something in the air. Though you'd to start the day with peace and perfection, your real nature wakes up on the wrong side of the bed, alone. To remedy this state of affairs, redo your online profile and think positively.
● General: A lot of expectations are put on you today, but you should treat this day like any other. Do not let yourself feel under pressure to make things perfect -- there are many things beyond your control. Remember that. When something trips you up today, you can regain your balance and use some fancy footwork to make it look like you meant to do that on purpose. You are blessed with exceptional quick-thinking and grace, so carry on like nothing out of the ordinary is happening.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Redefine a good work relationship. Whether it's a friendship or something more, start exploring its outer limits. And so you don't forget that it takes two, pay attention to the response you get back.
● Finances: Everything has limits, even credit, as you and the rest of the world now know. You long for the days of endless possibilities. At least those aren't crocodile tears you are shedding. You need to shake your sentimental mood, though, and get yourself into a better place.
● Love: Your energy is unbalanced -- you've been playing judge and jury and it's time to put down the gavel and join the spectators. Learn to see life from the other person's eyes and you will attract a compassionate and delightful date.
● General: Draw upon your self discipline today when you are faced with a temptation that could send your plans way off track. A very appealing invitation will be dangled in front of you and it's highly tempting -- you really want to get out and go, but do you really have the time for it? Probably not. It's much better to err on the safe side and turn this thing down. Otherwise, you will add more stress to your life and make promises to people that you might not be able to keep.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Why should you always be the one with the plan? Let others take the lead for a change. Once you pass on the reigns, you'll be surprised at how persuasive your replacement can be.
● Finances: You're too ambitious to table your plans. If someone drops out of the game, you have enough drive for two. But do you have more than double? It might be time to take stock of exactly what you have, what you need, and where you plan to get it before implementing your plans.
● Love: Despite past disappointments, don't let your vengefulness and resentments keep you home alone. Tuck away your anger and get out and be seen. Even if you head to the grocery store, brush your teeth and comb your hair. You never know who'll you meet over melons.
● General: Your support means more to other people than you realize. Even the most tough-talking people you know are really just soft and sweet teddy bears deep down inside, and they can be just as insecure as you can be -- if not more so. Try to communicate the pride or admiration you feel for them today. Give them a feeling of satisfaction. Share those feelings with the people you think need to hear it as well as the people who you assume hear it all the time -- because they don't.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: If it takes blocking out all thoughts of the office to enjoy some good feelings, then do it. Whatever nagging reminders you allow in will only kill the goodwill you deserve.
● Finances: You're obsessed with money and it shows. That's the kind of thing most people try to keep under wraps even if it's the elephant in the living room. Don't let your direct manner ruin your reputation. Try being more subtle, even artistic, about the way you shade it.
● Love: Your bluntness could keep your bed empty, because who wants to be told that they really do look fat in that outfit or don't make enough money? Zip it. Keep the running commentary to yourself and if you have to say something, as mom always said, say something nice.
● General: Things are building slowly in a new relationship, but make no mistake -- progress is being made. It's like that construction site you see each day. For months it's nothing but a pile of wood and a hole in the ground. Then suddenly, as if overnight, a building is standing there. Relationships can be like that. Right now there is only a bare-bones connection, but soon enough you will see how the two of you have the structure you need to create something unique and wonderful together.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Let yourself be idealistic. The bigger you think, the more successful you'll be, especially when it comes to love or affection. Even the most impossible of daydreams can be within your grasp.
● Finances: You have enough energy for two, but how long can you sustain it? If you maintain it until the end of the day it will be quite an accomplishment. A more likely scenario, though, involves the old crash and burn. Don't let your money be too closely tied to your energy level.
● Love: Instead of analyzing every possible alliance, remember how much fun it was to make out in high school with the possibility of getting caught? Throw caution to the wind, stop being your overly conservative self and recapture the whimsy of youth.
● General: Today, it will be easy as pie to stay in sync with the people around you, which is a very good thing. You're going to love this communion with people who share your values -- they give you energy as you give them support. Even though a few of the people you'll be working with are marching to the beat of their own drummer, you should only be focusing on what you have in common. There are so many things you share that it shouldn't be difficult at all.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Don't settle for the same old, same old. But that doesn't mean you have to seek out someone new, either. Even with friends you've known forever, there's always an unfamiliar twist that can add spice to a tame relationship.
● Finances: The more you hang your head, the more you dwell on what's making you feel that way in the first place. This is a time when spending money to cheer yourself up actually makes some sense. It's superficial and childish but it does the trick. Lift your head up high, at least when you're pulling out your credit card.
● Love: Yeah, you're a dingbat, but that's part of your charm. It counterbalances your genius, which is helpful when you forget what time and where to meet your date -- and then blame them for leaving you waiting. Use your natural moxie to draw him or her back to your orbit.
● General: Seek out crowded places full of activity today -- you'll get a real rush from the crowds. But pay attention to your mood as the day progresses, because when you suddenly need a break, you'll really need a break right that minute! All the activity may challenge your ability to concentrate on a developing issue with a friend, but a delay in the negotiations might be a good thing. You two could use some space and time to think things over on your own.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Problems at work are looming, but that doesn't mean you can't salvage something of your time off. Pay attention to the small ways you can enjoy life, and let luck do the rest.
● Finances: You are adrift. Don't look to your friends for help because they're just as unmoored as you are. Work is actually your best anchor right now, so focus exclusively on that. Your coworkers are helping you in more ways than you know when they load you up with tasks to do.
● Love: Your dreams really are the door to your romantic life. Trust your intuition; the clues to a current love dilemma lie in your subconscious. All will be revealed -- don't let your natural reticence keep you from applying the insight. Keep a notebook handy.