Free Daily Horoscope - September 9 2016
● General: As excited as you may be about an upcoming social invitation, you need to slow down and give yourself time to do some research on this event. Get a better sense of who will be there and who won't be there -- and adjust your expectations accordingly. Make a plan for what you will talk about with certain people. There is a chance you can move things forward in a professional relationship, so don't miss out on it! Now is not the time to be spontaneous, even with fun stuff.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: Hold your own feet to the fire. It's not the best day to initiate any new projects, but it certainly beats tomorrow. Get the ball rolling today, or you'll be forced to wait.
● Finances: It's a good day to lie around and set your dials to slow. Being inside for the day is the best way to rejuvenate yourself for the coming week, and all the options at your disposal are free. Not much can go wrong when it's just you, family or friends, and the cozy feeling that money just can't buy.
● Love: Watch out for that self-fulfilling prophecy -- it's a killer. If you let the negativity creep in, it'll turn into a cancer on your self-esteem. Don't let one or two bad days on the dating circuit ruin your whole outlook on life.
● General: Is money on your mind? If it isn't, it should be. You are in danger of getting a little bit lazy about keeping track of your expenses. You spend a little bit of money here, a little bit of money there, and before you know it -- you're stressed out about living expenses. Today, do yourself a favor and review your budget. You've got the right amount of energy you need to concentrate, so you will be able to quickly identify areas where you can make painless (yet profitable) changes.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: It's a good day to spend on your own. You can have a good time with coworkers, or you can have a better time getting things accomplished. Make the adult decision and stay in your cubicle.
● Finances: You're not feeling particularly passionate about anything today. Let the other half be in charge, in all of your relationships. You're just as happy to be told what to do or led along by the nose as you are to be in charge. Not reaching for the bill is just an added benefit.
● Love: Bad boys and bad girls make bad relationships. Yet, the more damaged, the better as far as you're concerned. It's time to break your addiction to broken people. Or, you'll continue to get what you're getting. You can't fix it; remember that.
● General: One of your friends has been giving you some really good advice regarding your health, and it's time to stop feeling so defensive about it. They want the best for you! So if they're suggesting that you go to the gym, eat healthier food or put a stop a bad habit, it's not because they want to tell you how to live your life. It's because they want you to live a long and capable life. Take that chip off your shoulder and take some of what they say to heart.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Don't let work become a grind. Sometimes being intellectual can be a lot of fun. Focus on all the ways thinking can leave you feeling good before you get down to business.
● Finances: A few much-anticipated light bulbs are going off in your head. Your insights are actually going to make you some money if you use them the right way. Be smart about what you discover today, even if it only feels like you've stumbled across the realizations.
● Love: A handful of dates and you're ready to move in with each other. Whoa Nelly! Way, way too soon. Reality check: Your life will not improve if you make this commitment. In fact, it'll get a lot worse. Stand on your own two feet. Self-reliance is all you have.
● General: Take the high road if things get down and dirty today -- you are in no shape to fight with people, and you're probably not going to want to. So let aggressive drivers zoom past you, smile if someone tries to blame you for something they did, and just take a deep breath if things keep seeming to be going wrong. Refuse to let yourself get involved in situations that tend to cause emotional intensity and upheaval. You crave and deserve a mellow, uneventful day.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Don't drag issues from home into work with you. They're clinging to you like something on the bottom of your shoe. Be sure to use the emotional and psychological welcome mat before entering the office.
● Finances: Fretting over a legal document is a sad way to spend your day, but it's a necessary evil. You don't want to commit to something you are unsure of. Spend the day looking at things from every possible angle. By tomorrow, you'll know exactly where to put your money.
● Love: Things have changed since you and your ex split up. He or she has established new relationships and flirtations with others who don't come with the baggage. This puts you definitely lower on the totem pole. So if you're thinking about rekindling this romance, don't.
● General: There are big issues at stake today, and you need to decide how you're going to handle them. It's time for you to stop playing devil's advocate -- take a stand and take the risk of ticking someone off. By putting all your emotions into something and even admitting that you might have an agenda, you have a bigger impact. You can be a part of preserving something that you really care about. Today, if you worry too much about not rocking the boat, you just aren't going to get anywhere.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Some feelings you should never share. Period. And then there is the much broader category of emotions that you should never share at work. You need to put up a huge wall around them because the one you have now is starting to leak.
● Finances: You love to nurture others and you have plenty of opportunities to do just that. You're focused on friends and family for a change. Everything that really matters is beneath the surface with them, so turn on your intuition. You'll be pleasantly surprised by what you pick up on.
● Love: Is he or she taken? If the apple of your eye is in a committed relationship, move on. Unfaithfulness is the supreme act of selfishness. Sure, you may have their attention for a brief period of time, but a serial cheater will eventually dupe you, too.
● General: You are seeing more romance in your life, which is wonderful! But if you are single, you need to make sure you have a clear idea of what you want out of a new relationship. Otherwise, you could get swept up in the moment and do something that you might regret later on. So take stock of yourself. Analyze the unseen elements of your personality, the parts that you never show the world. Be totally honest with yourself and you'll be prepared when that cutie starts flirting.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: You're tempted to grab a new assignment but don't take on any new responsibilities based on impulse alone. Your motivations might not be all they could be. Wanting to make a big splash isn't a good enough reason.
● Finances: Having unrealistic goals can be positive or negative, depending on how you use them. If they're purely motivational, then keep conjuring them up. But if they start making you feel defeated, then you're better off being sensible. It's all about your own attitude because the money doesn't care either way.
● Love: It's only been a few dates; it's way too soon to have 'the talk.' Neither of your is ready for a committed relationship. Keep getting to know each other for now. Too much eagerness on your part will sever the delicate balance.
● General: Sometimes people who are extremely generous with you aren't doing it just out of the kindness of their heart. You've got to get a little bit more skeptical right now and accept the fact that sometimes folks have ulterior motives. Ask a few probing questions, if things seem too good to be true. Find out what the real deal probably is. As long as you know what is really going on, you are not going to get taken advantage of. Don't accept gifts without knowing what strings are attached.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Flitting and flirting differ by only one letter. Jumping from one project to the next may feel divine, but you're courting disaster. Buckle down and get something done if you want the right kind of attention.
● Finances: It's a day to keep your mind off of business. Be selfish in a different way for a change. There are more ways to take care of yourself than by making money. When you look for them, look deep. Unfortunately, they're rather hidden by now.
● Love: No matter how old you are, it's never too late to date like a pro. So whether you're 21 or 98, have fun with it. Don't let others taint your experience with their judgments and negativity. They may want one thing, but this is your life and you do whatever you want.
● General: If you need to get a message across to someone, you have no time to waste. So skip the subliminal stuff -- hinting around isn't going to get you anywhere (it so seldom does). Plus, by beating around the bush about things, you could end up confusing the situation even more. Today, you've got to come right out and say what you have to say. Be clear, honest and of course tactful (like you usually are). Your forthrightness will earn you respect and honesty in return.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Something is glimmering just beneath the surface of your consciousness. It's either making you want to take on a project or avoid it like the plague. Give in to your inner signals.
● Finances: Confidence is vital to winning the game. It's one of your strengths, but even you need some time to go back to the source every now and then. Spend the day regenerating your self-assurance so that by tomorrow you will absolutely radiate it.
● Love: Anything 'ex' is off limits. So, if you're thinking of hooking up with an ex-boyfriend or your ex-girlfriend's best friend, know what you're getting into. Though it may be fun at the moment, the emotional hangover will be unbearable.
● General: There is a big difference between being cheap and being thrifty, and you need to know what that difference is today. Someone whose favor you seek needs to see somebody generous when they look at you -- not someone who is suspicious and selfish. Your money is yours to spend however you wish, but do not skimp on the wrong things. Being a bad tipper isn't going to get you further ahead on your savings goal -- but it's a great way to make a bad impression.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Concentrating on only your part is keeping you from making the right decisions. Zoom out. Once the bigger picture is clear, you'll have no problem seeing just what to do.
● Finances: Feeling shy could not have struck at a better time. There is no money to win or lose today, so you're free to be alone if that's what suits you. Whether you spend it feeling moody or dreamy is up to you, as long as you give your imagination free reign.
● Love: Dysfunction is the norm when it comes to dating, so just get used to it. As long as you know the deal going in, you'll be well prepared to deal with the inappropriate, inane and shocking events to follow. Pretty? No. But it's part of the game. You're where you need to be.
● General: You need to avoid getting involved with anything that looks like a power struggle today. There could be some dirty play involved, and chances are you'll end up getting muddy. Just because you are good at helping people see common ground doesn't mean that you have an obligation to try to be peacemaker in every conflict. Sometimes, people just want to fight. So let them. Busy yourself with other, more pleasant activities. Call up a friend and go to lunch.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Just try that much harder. Even when it feels like you're not getting anything accomplished and every connection is like two tin cans and a string, keep on putting all of your energy into work.
● Finances: When it comes to getting help from your friends, you don't get your hopes up. Would you approach an investment or business opportunity the same way? Of course not. The less you invest, the more you lose when it pays off. The same holds true for your friendships. Give them a chance to be there for you.
● Love: Once a cheater, always a cheater. Remember this because it'll come out in conversation and when it does, a major red flag should fly. Unless you're in it for casual, uncommitted sex, don't spend too much time cultivating this connection.
● General: Today is not the time for you to be on center stage, doing your thing. Rather, it's a better time for you to sit in the audience. See someone else's talents, and you will be amazed at what has been under your nose for so long! Stepping off to the wings and letting someone else bask in the glory of fame for a while will make you feel so much better than you feel when you get a round of applause! You're doing something great for someone -- you're letting them shine and grow.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: It doesn't take a great intellect to get ahead in your office. But it goes take empathy. Connecting with other colleagues is a must, even if they seem totally different than you.
● Finances: Your career has slowed down, but not any more than anyone else's. And in any event, you're still chomping at the bit on the inside. Your feelings about money and success run too deep to be sidetracked, world economy or no. Spend the day stoking your own fires.
● Love: Avoid overkill of any kind when it comes to dealing with someone you just met. Strive for a very light smattering of communication between dates just to check in: an email here, a call there. Sending seventy-five texts in 24 hours is excessive.
● General: Do not be shy about accepting any accolades that come your way today! If people want to heap praise on you (and they do), who are you to stop them? Enjoy the shower of affection and fame -- there's no chance that someone who is as grounded as you would ever let it go to their head. You have finally mastered the art of finding balance between your humility and your pride. So when compliments make you smile, you're filled with a sense of accomplishment, not a sense of superiority.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Picking a new path is a bit premature, but you should start to mull over a few things. Is your office job taking more away from you than it's giving you back? Find a way to make things more balanced.
● Finances: You are too nice today. You'll even let yourself be used as shark bait, and gladly. You'd do anything for a certain someone. Well, almost anything. Money is where you draw the line, and unfortunately, that's just what you're forced to do today.
● Love: A nonchalant, realistic approach to dating with save your sanity and maintain your faith in humanity. Assume that every contact you have with a new person will be your last. That way, when you do finally hear from them, you'll feel unusually thunderstruck.