Free Daily Horoscope - September 2 2016
● General: Your emotions could be running a bit high today, so you might want to warn people that your feelings could be on edge. They'd rather have a heads-up than get their head bitten off after saying the wrong thing. The reasons behind how other people act aren't of very much interest to you today. You will have little patience for people who are blunt because they're busy. After all, you always manage to try to be polite, no matter what is going on in your life.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: You feel like a colleague's parent or even grandparent, you have that much seniority over them. It might not be such a great feeling for either of you, but you'll have to be patient while they grow into the job.
● Finances: You're ready to show off your prowess in the kitchen. You're all the more notable for cooking within a budget. The creativity of a recessionista like you has a stirring effect, pun intended. Others are impressed with both your efforts and the outcome. Bon appetit.
● Love: Eyes are the window to the soul -- and now more than ever, this is totally apparent. So whenever possible, connect visually. Wink, star, gaze or arch the brow (and look for similar gestures in others). Let the exchange of mutual admiration begin.
● General: Your social circle is going through a period of transition right now, and bonds that were once water tight are starting to show a few cracks. Secrets are slipping out, and you could sense that a big blow up is imminent. If you can, step into the situation and tell folks that they need to keep those secrets under wraps. You might feel nervous putting yourself in the middle of all of this, but your effort will be worth it. Nothing will backfire this time.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: You can afford to ignore the doom and gloom. You feel good knowing your job is secure. Others around you might not be so lucky. Whatever you do, don't talk about your hunches, even over lunch.
● Finances: A past situation feels like nothing more than a colossal power struggle. You hardly have anything to show for it, either, or so it feels. The reality is that you've stemmed the tide of financial disaster. It's not smooth sailing yet, but at least it's not a tsunami. And for that, you have every reason to be arrogant.
● Love: There is a line between flirting and obnoxious -- whatever you do today, don't cross it. An over-the-top approach of engaging someone is out of the question. It'll come across as an unwanted sexual advance and that'll do nothing good for your rep.
● General: Today you are going to have the urge to be a lot more thrifty and conservative with money than you usually are, and it's the start of a very good trend. Even if your current financial situation is not causing you much concern, it would not do you any harm to tighten your purse strings a little bit. Start bringing your lunch every day instead of shelling out too much dough for an unsatisfying sandwich. Skip the fancy espresso drinks more often. It will make a big difference.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: With finances as tight as they are, you'll have to take on more responsibilities. Just grin and bear it. Those any less adaptable than you are will soon be out of luck, and out of a job.
● Finances: If you surround yourself with only like-minded people, then you'll never know if your ideas have a real chance of taking flight. Be brave enough to run them past someone with a more critical eye. Be sure to choose someone who will take you and your ideas seriously.
● Love: For some reason, all the wrong people want to know about your personal life right now. And unless you're ready to give long explanations (and you're not), head off nosiness at the pass with a little terseness. Short, simple answers should do the trick.
● General: No one has better instincts than you, but your instincts can ultimately be clouded by your emotions if those emotions are strong enough. And today could be a very emotional day. So be careful not to trust your gut without some logical reality checks. In everything you do today, whether it be at work, school, or in your social adventures, keep your emotions in check. Feel what you feel, but make sure you're not pushing things in certain directions based on what you want.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: You need your energy levels to double to meet your goals. That's obviously a bit overzealous of you. Settle for getting above the average range, and remember that you'll get a fresh beginning tomorrow.
● Finances: The extravagant gestures aren't over yet. You have a few more days of them to go yet. You're reaching the edge of what your budget can bare, though, so keep a good grip on your impulses. Stop yourself before you reach for something you know you can't afford.
● Love: You're off in your own little world, but your heart's hard at work on a promising project. You are able to see the essence of a lovely situation and to separate it from all the unimportant noise elsewhere.
● General: You might not be as impressive as the people around you today, but the worst thing you could do is to sell yourself short! You have your own set of skills, and you excel at things that others do not, so if your ego is feeling weak, just focus on that fact for the day. You can't shine every single moment, so step back and let the experts take over while you sit and watch -- and learn. When you're not the smartest person in the room, you get the chance to figure out how to improve rapidly.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: You're naturally warm, so embracing colleagues is almost an unconscious action. Even if it's purely emotional, keep your effervescence tightly controlled.
● Finances: Don't bother tallying up your latest achievements. They're not particularly remarkable unless you consider staying afloat noteworthy. But that just means your high points are ahead of you. Start imagining your zenith today.
● Love: A few of the key people around you are in no mood for small talk or a long-winded conversation for that matter. So proceed with caution. Before you launch an emotional assault, clear it with them first with an 'Is this a good time?' If it isn't, wait, no matter how tempted you are.
● General: The key to solving a problem today is to organize your approach -- and if you mess up along the way, don't just pull apart everything and start over again. There are small adjustments you can make that will solve the problem. But you will need plenty of patience in order to identify these adjustments -- and even more patience to deal with them! This is a great learning opportunity, so don't let yourself get frustrated. You need to take a break if things get too tense. Give yourself time to cool off.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Some projects energize you, and others suck the life right out of you. If you're enduring one of the latter, then look to colleagues for help. It doesn't have to be strictly practical; emotional support will do.
● Finances: It's easy to be flexible when nothing hangs in the balance. You'll soon be dealing with choices so important they'll make your brow sweat, so enjoy the ease of what's before you today. Consider it like stretching your muscles for an upcoming event.
● Love: Your willingness to listen greatly exceeds the listening capacity of others and you're more often the sounding board than the speaker. But don't overstep your bounds today, even if someone comes to you with a problem. Ask before you offer up advice.
● General: Someone who has been standing in your way is about to show you a lot more flexibility, and it won't come a moment too soon! That red light will suddenly become green -- and it's all systems go! You're going to be able to make huge progress today in various projects relating to your job or schoolwork. Plus, you might even be able to get further along with that certain someone who's been asking to spend more time with you. Call them up and make a date.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: You're tempted to throw a project out the window, lock, stock and barrel. But stick with it instead. Just because you're not making progress now doesn't mean you won't be in the next days, hours, or even minutes.
● Finances: You're putting in a lot of extra work, but it's all volunteer. If you could get paid for something like orchestrating social events for your friends, you'd be rich by now. Along those lines, think about ways to cash in on what comes naturally to you.
● Love: What seems like reality is pure fantasy, so don't get too caught up in the storyline. Your tendency to misread people, places and things will get you in lots of trouble over the next few days. Listen but don't react, especially when emotions enter the picture.
● General: Your energy is going to get better and stronger as the day goes on, so it's a great day to start something -- anything. Whether you finally pick up that dust-covered copy of Tolstoy's classics, embark on a new diet, or call up that cutie to ask for a date, there will be a great deal of momentum in your day -- and you will make a great deal of progress right away. Your level of commitment has never been stronger, and you should capitalize on it today.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: You have a lot of drive. You can't be expected to sit still for deep conversations or a meal in a foreign restaurant. That's why man invented the drive through window. Grab your lunch and eat at your desk.
● Finances: One form of tension was replaced with another over the past weeks, but it's finally a new day. Watch yourself let go of stress, bit by bit. The only problem is not wanting to be your own boss just yet. Give it some time. You'll learn to be hard on yourself.
● Love: Are people inconsiderate, lazy and thoughtless? Sure -- even a few of your favorites exhibit these qualities. But instead of stirring up the pot by lobbing judgments and accusations, simply ask for what you need. Not happening? Be prepared to give up and do it yourself.
● General: Today, it's time to let your wild child out to play! Get together with your nuttiest friends. Let them lead the way toward a wilder and more exciting life for a while. You need a vacation from responsibility, a break from organization, and an overall mood boost. It's time to re-visit your childhood and stop taking things so seriously -- at least for a little while. If you're worried about anything going wrong, don't -- things will be fine on their own for a while.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Some things you just have to know. You're thinking about different energy levels, and you can't help but compare yourself to others in the office. If you're wondering if you come up short, it's really no contest.
● Finances: Faraway places call to you. Unfortunately, so does your wallet. You know which one you should be loyal to. Staying close to home has its advantages, and financial gains are just some of them. Keep smiling and you'll find even more ways to have fun right where you are.
● Love: You're stuck on some vexing problem associated with romance: Love him? Love her not? Before you seek the advice of everyone, jot down a pro and con list. The exercise will help you sort out the big issues -- refine the other stuff with someone else.
● General: It might feel like boring work or school commitments are taking over your social life right now, but that could just be your way of perceiving the situation. Sure, you might have to work later than you'd like, but you can have fun in the late hours with coworkers. At the very least, it's great bonding time. Just because you're not out on the town dancing with your best friends doesn't mean you won't be able to have fun. You need to make fun wherever and whenever you can.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: People react to stress in different ways. One is to be up one day and down the next. Don't take it personally if a colleague goes to one extreme or the other.
● Finances: If it's not an easy day, then you're definitely not playing your hand right. You have all the cards you need to enjoy the ride. Is it possible you think you deserve more than the hand you were dealt? If so, then it's time to reevaluate your own demanding attitude.
● Love: The meaning of any communication lies in the interpretation of words -- and even if you're totally solid, the others around are walking on shaky ground. Restate the facts and ask for clarification. Getting through the day without a meltdown is your goal.
● General: Nothing is more important than getting a handle on your emotions. They've been going up and down and all over the place for a while now, which is fine -- but this unpredictability has got to end soon. This is a phase in your life where you should try to organize your feelings in order to better understand and work through them. Sort through negative feelings and toss out the jealousy or regret that just doesn't matter any more. You are moving on and you need to leave that junk behind.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Take stock while you have the chance. This is a phase that is out of your control but will have lasting effects on your career. Try to organize your feelings now, before you're too busy to know what's hit you.
● Finances: There's always room for compromise, as far as you're concerned. It's the other party that refuses to budge. There's no point in using any creativity to change things. What you're up against has more to do with a mathematical equation than the human condition.
● Love: If a long-lost pal or ex comes sniffing around, you'll experience disappointment shortly after elation. He or she isn't what you remembered -- just the opposite, in fact. Don't promise anything or go out of your way to make plans with this person.
● General: This is a time to cherish what you have and not worry so much about what you do not have. When you are consciously grateful for the blessings in your life, you send the universe a message that you don't take things for granted. Send some thank you notes to the people who have done nice things for you lately, even if that nice thing was simply to have you over for take-out and TV night. Building a reputation for being a grateful and polite person is never a bad idea.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Don't approach work in the same old way. The task before you calls for something new. You don't have to pull poetry out of a hat to pull it off, but you do have to perform a magic trick.
● Finances: Your mind is wandering in a zigzag. It's back and forth between fantasy and reality all day long. You mine some valuable material in both places, and bringing it from one side to the other can prove profitable if you can pull it off.
● Love: Some people just don't get the message -- no surprise there. You've been dealing with an emotional barnacle for some time now. Soon, this person will move onto tastier targets because you're not giving him or her what they need. Way to go!