Free Daily Horoscope - August 9 2016
● General: Your perfectionism can be a mixed blessing in your life. Often, it enables you to excel. You beat out the competition and win the best reward. But sometimes, like today, it can slow you down, isolate you from other people, and keep you from seeing the bigger picture. Try not to get too lost in the details of this day -- what people are wearing, how things are spelled, and messy desks don't matter at all. Put more effort into letting go and letting the chips fall where they may.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: Work is like a sport, and vacations are breaks from all exercise. With all the energy you've stored, you're bound to hit yours with a lot of force. Just be sure to throw in some stamina, too.
● Finances: You get to spend the upcoming days scrutinizing your friends and family and figuring out what they want from life. Well, more accurately, what they want from you. All of the things you want but can't afford are finally pushed to the farthest reaches of your mind. What a relief.
● Love: Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant! You figure out a solution to an ongoing problem. And everyone's totally amazed by your answer -- simplicity at its finest. Enjoy the fruits of that brain of yours. Accolades will come from the most unlikely sources.
● General: It's time to stop putting off that conversation you've been dreading. If you feel like sharing your thoughts about someone with someone, then do it honestly. The critical things you have to say are just as valuable as the positive ones (if not more so). Just remember to be tactful and use your diplomacy skills to deliver your message without hurting anyone's feelings. It will feel good to get everything out into the open. It's a valuable way to show this person you ultimately respect them.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Don't strut your stuff after every minor victory. The more pompously you behave, the more colleagues will gloat when you fail. The bottom line is: You need to play on the team if you want individual success.
● Finances: You'll either start feeling greedier than usual or more generous than usual. Whichever way you go, don't overdo it. Moderation in all things holds true whether you're being good or not-so-good.
● Love: You're pretty stubborn lately. And normally it's not a problem, but when you dig in and refuse to budge, make sure you're not doing it to prove a point -- the wrong point. No sense in screwing up a perfectly good opportunity on skewed motives.
● General: Whether or not your realize it, your actions affect the world around you. The patterns of your behavior cause ripples around you, and influence how other people behave -- especially today, when you are with people who can be very, very easily influenced. Take this responsibility seriously and don't do anything that could set a bad example for others. This shouldn't be very difficult for a good person like you, but it should be something to keep at the front of your mind.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Ignore how serious colleagues look. Ease yourself into the work week by keeping things light. Feeling intellectual? Debating is out, though tossing ideas around is just fine.
● Finances: Focusing your thoughts on others makes you feel good. You have the perfect excuse to spend plenty of time doing just that. But a word to the wise: Don't put as much money into it as you put time.
● Love: If the dollars in your wallet are burning a hole, it's for a reason. You should be totally focused on money right now, saving it, that is. Do you really need it? Probably not. Practice a buy-nothing day (no cheating). It's a great way to bring much-needed awareness to your financial situation.
● General: You have a vested interest in someone else's decision today -- if they go one way, you'll have sunny skies and a lot of hope. But if they go another way, things could get really cloudy for you really fast. Instead of getting nervous about what side they will come down on, though, you will be able to stay cool and calm about it. After all, you know that you can't control what someone else does, so why even try? No matter what happens, you can roll with the punches and do well.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: You might have plenty of energy and enthusiasm now, but don't forget that you have more work ahead of you. Plan it out now, when you know just how much time you can afford to spend. Or waste, as the case may be.
● Finances: If things are not going smoothly now, they'll only get worse very soon. It's worth the investment of a bit of extra money to restore tranquility now. You'll ultimately save on both cash and emotions if you act sooner rather than later.
● Love: You bring so many great things to the table right now. Don't hesitate to get involved -- lend your great brain and fantastic intuition wherever it's needed. Whether you're at work or happy hour, your people seek your wisdom and foresight.
● General: Your life could use a little bit more structure to it -- flying by the seat of your pants might be exciting, but it usually causes quite a bit of chaos with your friends and wastes quite a bit of everyone's time. So take some time to get things more organized today. A smart thing would be to review your budget -- and if you don't have a budget, then today you need to make one. Your spending isn't too bad, but it could be a lot better. Build up that rainy day fund.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Every day can't be filled with glory, but if it helps fuel your fire to imagine wild successes, then go for it. Treat the minor achievements like kindling, and start collecting them.
● Finances: Don't worry about what it takes to satisfy your consumer urges. Others are looking into ways to do just that. Your job is to imagine having the shoe on the other foot -- and possibly feet. That's your best bet for feeling good.
● Love: There's a difference between using the system to your advantage and getting stuck in the gears. And right now, you're the monkey wrench. Someone's trying to get with you, and you're making it impossible. Stop with the excuses and allow romance to blossom.
● General: You're especially skilled at seeing the subtext of what people are really saying right now, which will help you sense when the tension is running high between two people -- and that's your cue to get the heck out of there! Step away and be by yourself. The last thing you need to be is a bit player in someone else's major drama. So give these people their space to handle their messy issue on their own. You didn't create it, so you shouldn't have to help tidy it up.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: There is no such thing as too much action or too much work, at least for today. That said, staying on top of things means staying organized. Start with your desk, and work your way from there.
● Finances: There is a major purchase you are mulling over. The amount of indecision you feel is a good indication that this is a bad buy. Even your impulses are telling you to keep your purse closed. So why listen to that little demon on your shoulder?
● Love: What you can't see is possibly more important than the stuff that meets the eye right now. Dancing around the issue won't make it go away. This relationship, if you want to call it that, is at an impasse -- either it'll move forward or dissolve. It's up to you to make the call.
● General: Sometimes, following the rules is not the best way to get by. It's not that you should go around breaking the rules on purpose today, but you shouldn't be afraid to work outside the norm. Make your own guidelines. As long as you're not hurting someone else, you can do what you think is right -- even if those in charge don't agree. Be willing to explain your actions and there is no one you can't persuade to your way of thinking. You are a powerful force to be reckoned with.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Don't let yourself be lulled into feeling off the hook. The details won't really matter today but they will tomorrow. You'll have two good days instead of one if you deal with this head-on.
● Finances: You're flirting with strangers everywhere you go, and you're going everywhere. You're having a super day filled with what are usually boring tasks. Your attractive attitude makes all the difference, to you and to those around you. And best of all, it's free.
● Love: You're selfish. So what? You have every right to expect the best. So when a certain someone berates you with prying questions ('Why didn't you call?'), you'll know you're dealing with neediness at its finest. Unless you want to be this person's surrogate mother, pass.
● General: If you're trying to keep a few secrets right now, you'd better lock yourself up and throw away the key! There is no way that you will be able to resist the urge to spill your guts now. Sure, you could try to speak in code in order to confuse would-be eavesdroppers, but this is a risky move -- after all, how are you going to know that the person you're talking to knows what the code is? So either get ready to be taken to task for sharing a secret, or don't talk to anyone today.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: You are stressed! Is flamboyance really a problem or is your anxiety getting the better of you? Whichever it is, don't snap at colleagues today.
● Finances: This is your time to think about where you want your money to go in the coming weeks. Sitting down with a pen and a pad of paper may sound archaic, but it's the best way to start. Don't hit the Internet, not to mention the pavement, until you have a list in hand.
● Love: Other people's money is where it's at, so if you're in the market for a home or wanting to start a business, seek outside lending. But use caution. Good credit is essential -- don't overdo it or borrow more than you can afford.
● General: Someone you work with or see every day is going through some heavy issues in their personal life and it's start to affect their demeanor. Their dramas are causing them to get distracted, which is understandable, but it's also creating more stress for you. It's time to gently ask them if there's something you should know -- don't offer to help, but offer to listen. Sometimes that's enough help in and of itself. Don't rush at them with demands. Just give them a gentle reality check.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: You'll get some big bonuses, though none are financial. Still, things like good will and a cheerful atmosphere are definite advantages. Make the most of the office ambiance.
● Finances: There are certain gifts that are loved by friends no matter how often you give them. That makes your list a lot easier to make. But you still have a lot of financial planning to do in the future, so don't consider yourself completely off the hook.
● Love: When you're down and out, lonely or bored, food is your source of entertainment and solace. Keep your hand out of the potato chips! Instead of indulging, find healthier ways to fill the void. Friends, fun and a little exercise will do the trick.
● General: Today you will start to move into a more inward time, where reflecting on your life will feel valuable and even a little bit fun. You should be more deliberate about figuring out where you want to go, what you want to do, and who you want to do it with. But you will still have time to get things done. You'll have enough time to look inward, as well as outward. It's a good detail planning day, when you should schedule a new social event and finalize the guest list.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: It's not an easy day, but then again, that's why it's called work. Watching colleagues acting ugly can get you down. Or you can remember not to get involved. In a nutshell, avoid the worst of what business puts on display.
● Finances: If you haven't come up with a financial plan, then you'd better start doing it. No matter how much energy you focus on your finances or how furiously you work, you'll be out of time if you don't begin today.
● Love: Before you make a romantic decision, look at all the details. Whether it's a weekend getaway with that new hottie or a one-nighter with an ex, consider the emotional consequences. Sure it sounds like a good idea right now, but play the tape through. How will you feel when it's over?
● General: You have done a good job of surrounding yourself with people who are more grounded than you are, and this will help you immensely when you are faced with challenges today. Turn to these people and let them take the lead in reacting. You are too likely to be fanciful and try solutions that just might be too unrealistic to work. These people have the kind of focus you could really benefit from, plus they will be able to help you become much more grounded yourself!
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: One too many interruptions and it's all over. You'll know just when to throw in the towel. There's no defeat in calling it a day, especially when any work left over will be there to contend with tomorrow.
● Finances: It's easy to connect with others today. That good feeling extends to everyone around you, right down to the cashier you pay for your cup of coffee. Personal issues can't get in the way of it. Don't let money issues, either.
● Love: As a single person, you have extra money to invest -- take advantage of it. Instead of spending it on drinks, dinners and lattes, secure your future. Contact a brokerage firm to explore your options and start socking it away now. You'll be retired light years before your married friends.
● General: Achieving effective communication could be a problem for you today -- the people you'll be dealing with are not patient enough to listen with any great concentration, and they aren't smart enough to hide their distraction. There will be some serious misunderstandings that create delays and confusion -- but you can get everyone calm and back on track again. You're just about the only person who can get everyone's attention for any significant period of time.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Tell yourself before even crossing the threshold that you won't be drawn into any office dramas. Remind yourself again and again, if that's what it takes to remain uninvolved. And if that doesn't do the trick, focus exclusively on work.
● Finances: Not only do you want to make room for something new, but your finances require a bit of charity. Don't stop there, though. Make a hefty donation that actually hurts and brings you no benefits other than good feelings and a few karmic points.
● Love: You're having a hard time focusing right now. But don't beat yourself up about it -- you've got a lot going on. Between your swingin' lifestyle and your crazy career, alone time is at a premium. Steal a few minutes whenever you can. And if you can't? Oh well -- you'll get around to it.