Free Daily Horoscope - August 7 2016
● General: The morning might start slowly for you, but by the middle of the day you can expect a big burst of energy. Immediately, you'll want to rush ahead and do something -- you will feel like you have everything you need to get stuff done, but you really can't just yet. Someone is standing in your way. They're not trying to hold you up on purpose, but they will be an obstacle you won't be able to work around. But this pause in the action will not prevent you from having a good day.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: It's a great day to be impulsive, but only once you have all the ingredients on hand. Spend the day going from the orderly to the chaotic, or from the professional to the casual. However, you need to look at it, give yourself time to unwind.
● Finances: There are still ways you could be making more money, in the form of saving more money. Take a look at your regular routine: Even the mundane, unromantic parts of it have room to squeeze out something that will seem like an extravagant indulgence once it's gone.
● Love: Don't be surprised if those strays at the pet store tug at your heartstrings. Whoa! Before you run off and buy a cat or dog, or add to your menagerie, consider the commitment. Are you ready to devote at least 10 years of your life to its care? Probably not. Wait a while.
● General: There's quite a bit of spitfire in you today, and it could burst out when no one expects it. If someone opens their mouth and says something you don't like, watch out! There is never a good reason for you to tolerate someone who is arrogant towards other people. You can try to be forgiving, but when someone is rude they are rude. Ignoring them is the exact same as encouraging them. Folks might be surprised at your sass, but later on they'll tell you how awesome the scene was.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: If you can make it through five days of power struggles, then you deserve to let your guard down today. Surround yourself with people you have personal alliances with, and savor the bonds.
● Finances: You're starting to have a good time again and that has everything to do with the economy. If that makes you feel a bit guilty, remind yourself that it's as much about financial security as it is about having fun. That should help ease you back into good spirits.
● Love: An unrealized dream is a total waste -- so why aren't you actively pursuing your passion? Okay, even if you're too old to be a rock star, you can still take singing lessons and perform in front of others. Make your dreams happen now!
● General: There is a distinct lack of intellectualism around you today -- and you aren't going to find any scintillating conversations happening. So if you have a strong urge to get philosophical, turn to one of your friends. New people are too afraid of going against the grain right now. They are going to be prone to just saying whatever they think you want to hear. Satisfy your intellectual hunger with an Internet search on the topics that interest you. Be in charge of your own education.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: If your every word is taken seriously at work, then enjoy shooting the breeze or doing some light debating today. You can even take things a few steps further and be double-dog-daring.
● Finances: Every time you calculate the numbers, you come up with a different bottom line. It's maddening. The detail that is derailing you each and every time will remain hidden as long as it continues to be incomprehensible to you that you could be wrong. Ask someone more knowledgeable for their help and advice.
● Love: Accept what you can't change; change what you can. If you're tired of your life, do something about it. Date more, date less, find a lover, get in a relationship, go snorkeling -- stop waiting for life to happen. You do have control over the outcomes.
● General: It's time for you to get a bigger -- and a better -- grip on the forces around you. There is no need for you to do what you are told when you don't like what you are being told to do. In short, fight back. Not only will the powers that be respect what you have to say, but they will gain a new appreciation for just what a tough customer you can be! Flexing your muscles feels good, and if you don't do it from time to time, your strength will atrophy.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: You've been working hard so you can definitely afford it, but make sure you really want to spend your money on something outrageous. After all, it's thoughts of a secure future that keep you slogging away at your desk, not images of extravagant purchases.
● Finances: Some days you go with what feels right, but today you're in an analytical mood. If things don't add up, no amount of warm and fuzzy feelings will make you open your wallet and invest. Don't waste time listening to the entire pitch.
● Love: Loneliness is totally preventable, so wipe away those tears and get out there. Everyone is afraid of being judged -- consider that when you're in the world. Nobody's talking to you? So what! Talk to them. Melt that chill with your warmth.
● General: If you are trying to build your confidence back up, don't stress yourself out too much about it -- you'll only make any growing doubts about your place in the world worse. Only insecure people base their self-image on what other people think, so the first thing you have to do is to stop focusing so much on the opinions of other people. Stop trying to impress other people and start trying to impress yourself! Do something that will make you proud of yourself -- and your ego will grow taller.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: It's almost palpable. You are not radiating confidence or warmth, but rather you radiate simple relief. Ah, it's your day off! And your bathrobe has never been more comforting. Enjoy.
● Finances: Being thrifty has become a habit you've grown to love. The pressure to save may be off, but you're quite enjoying being conservative with your money. You're not as impulsive about spending and your restraint has trickled down to other areas of your life. Congrats.
● Love: Flexibility is key. Just when you think you've planned everything to the smallest detail, it all falls apart. And it's totally out of your control. Now's a great time to have a Plan A and B, and if you're really resourceful throw in a Plan C just for good measure.
● General: Several people want to spend a lot more time with you, and they are getting more and more bold about demanding it. These overbearing people might think they are making you happy by asking for time with you, but today their actions might feel more overwhelming than flattering. It's time to take a step back and regain control over your own free time. It's yours to do with what you want. Just because you don't have plans doesn't mean you didn't plan it that way.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: You always want to be organized, even when you're not at work. It's hard to accomplish much without your day planner. Don't be too rigid, but if you don't make any plans at all then the day will simply slip into oblivion.
● Finances: Keeping your finances organized is a must. Once you figure out what you're spending, where and why, things in general will make much more sense. Make this your new project and get started today.
● Love: Your blade's a little rusty and dull -- when's the last time you sharpened it? No wonder your game's totally off. Devote at least an hour to yourself today -- rejuvenate and revitalize. Take a deep breath and consider your next move: the meat market's open!
● General: It's one thing to keep your hopes high, but it's another to be unrealistic about your chances. It's time for you to get real. It's important to challenge yourself, but if you keep setting your sights higher than you could ever reach, you're not challenging yourself -- you're setting yourself up for failure. So pick one of your current goals and readjust it. Make it more accessible. Once you reach it, you'll have confidence to set the next goal a little bit higher. That's the right way to grow.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Finally, the details don't really matter. As long as you relax, there are many versions of the bigger picture. Get creative. Imagine one that suits you, then go for it.
● Finances: Holding a grudge is a waste of energy, but learning from your experiences is invaluable. If you're not once burned, twice shy, you should be. Don't fall for the same silly trick twice, even if the charlatan is lovable. Keep your wallet where you can see it.
● Love: A massive wave of great energy is coming your way -- hop on a surfboard and ride it to shore. Anything is possible now, so just go for it. You can accomplish anything you set your mind to: seek the impractical and talk to anyone and everyone who's out of your league.
● General: You have to just let this day happen in whatever way it wants to happen. Sure, you could push and push and try to force certain things to happen at certain times, but doing so is kind of a waste of energy -- and it will only cause you to get stressed out, which certainly won't help things. There's a lot to be said for hanging loose. Let go of your desire for control. Let other people drive things for a while. Resign yourself to being more passive, right now.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: You'll find yourself at loose ends. Strange, you thought your boss was the problem. Now, you see they are the challenge! You'll have to make up your own contests today, so come up with some good ones.
● Finances: You'll be in a position to do a friend a favor, but it's the kind that gets no recognition. Keeping mum is sometimes what friends are for. If you want some kind of reward, then look for it elsewhere. Your payoff is knowing you did the right thing.
● Love: Those little aches and pains concern you. If you have an ailment that's been bothering you for a while, now's a great time to deal with it. Don't hesitate to make a doctor's appointment. The diagnosis is minor and should be cleared up ASAP.
● General: Start being more generous with your opinions, and you'll start making your relationships a lot more meaningful. You can't underestimate a person's ability to accept constructive criticism -- they want to be told the truth, just like you do. And few people are as good at couching their negative remarks with tact and charm as you. So don't hold back when saying what you really think about their project or idea. They're counting on you to give it to them straight, so don't let them down!
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Just being away from your desk feels like traveling. But you could be doing a bit of the real thing today. You might not get to experience anything foreign, but even if it only involves the subway, this day trip is your idea of fun.
● Finances: You want to rush ahead but the best way to leave the past behind is to make some sense of it first. You'll only repeat yourself if you don't figure out your mistakes now. Some have more to do with the economy than you, but others will only drive you crazy in any economy if you don't get a handle on them.
● Love: A friend or friends come to the rescue with an interesting proposition -- listen to it even if it sounds totally out there. They're looking out for your best interests. Join in their fun and go along for the ride. You'll meet the most enigmatic person along the way.
● General: Being diplomatic is nice, but you are better off being in control today. It is not an easy day for making compromises and seeing things from other people's points of view anyway, so no one is going to mind too much if you step up and take charge. They trust you more than you realize, and they have confidence that you will make the right decisions -- so you should, too. If you're surrounded by powerful people, don't get intimidated. Smart people admire other smart people (like you!).
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: At least you don't have to keep your guard up. Or do you? You may not be in the office but business still brings out the worst in the people around you. Watch out.
● Finances: It's a good day to do your research. You won't uncover any gems, but you will find some worthwhile facts buried in the sand. The details are especially valuable, so dig in.
● Love: Don't be surprised to find yourself all alone on a mission you and several others set out to work on together. When did everyone bail out? Guess what? You've been the only one into it for a long time. Cut the dead weight and continue on -- you're doing a great job!
● General: If your romantic life is going through some drama right now, the best course of action is no action at all! Even if you are sure of what you want to happen next, you've got to wait a while and just let the dust settle. Let the other person be the next one to make a move. It's their turn, and if you act impatiently, they could feel like you are starting a power struggle. If things are meant to be, they are meant to be. You need to take this kind of attitude right now.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Leave fixed ideas about how things should be done locked up in your desk drawer for the day. Sudden changes take place in your private life and you need to be ready to deal with them, in whatever ways work best.
● Finances: You're never more careful than you are when your money is involved. Going over all the details takes time, and it's time you are more than willing to spend. Let burning the midnight oil be your first investment.
● Love: Someone does exactly what you predicted they'd do -- not surprising. Your sense of perception is extremely sharp lately. So don't worry too much about the actions of everyone else. They know that you know what's up.
● General: You're happy for the recent success of a friend or family member, but don't start feeling bad about yourself if you feel some jealousy creeping into your heart today when they gloat a little bit longer than is absolutely necessary -- you're only human! But focusing on what other people have is only going to give you license to throw a pity party for yourself. So instead, focus on being grateful for what you do have. Think in terms of satisfaction, health and happiness.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: You just can't mind your own business -- but you must. It's like seeing someone who should be on a diet reach for another doughnut. Speak up at your own peril, today.
● Finances: You can't be too critical of where your money goes, and you would be wise to let that attitude seep into your personal relationships. Someone is more of a drain than they are worth. What would you do if your emotions were worth cash?
● Love: If you wake up groggy and grouchy and offend a few people early in the day, that's okay. They get it. Just don't forget to make amends later in the afternoon or this evening for your transgressions. No, it's not necessary, but you'll sure feel better about yourself.