Free Daily Horoscope - August 5 2016
● General: You have a lot of interesting social opportunities right now, so you can afford to be very selective about which ones you accept. You definitely should not say 'yes' to all the invitations you've been given -- you won't have enough energy to enjoy them all. It's important to have balance in your life, so partying all the time is just as bad as never partying at all! Do things that entertain you, but don't forget that you'll have to do things out of obligation, too.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: Who says work isn't personal? There's nothing like crossing things off your list to make you feel good about being at the office. In fact, think of getting a lot done as your way of putting your emotional house in order.
● Finances: Doing something satisfying and fun is just what the doctor ordered. Money is only minimally involved. Cooking a special dish, playing your favorite sport or daring to try something altogether new will make you feel like a kid again. Enjoy putting the romance back in your life.
● Love: A micromanager will ruin your game big time, and it's probably your nosy boss. All you want to do is chat, text and plan for the night's big event -- but he or she keeps interrupting. Just get your work done -- you'll have plenty of time for fun later on.
● General: You're going to wake up with idealistic eyes today! The world looks like a great big bunch of happy people who want only the best for each other -- and you're one of them. Getting back in touch with your more positive self is going to feel good, and it will energize you all day long. Even if you get into an argument with someone who woke up on the wrong side of the bed, you're going to be able to cheerfully agree to disagree and then carry on with your bright, beautiful day!
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Information isn't the only thing exchanged at lunch. You're also communicating your feelings to others. So if you're not yet certain about a project or colleague, eat at your desk.
● Finances: You deserve to be arrogant, but it just doesn't interest you. You're not tolerant of those who indulge in it, either. There's nothing you love more than showing your hand at just the right moment. It puts someone pompous in their place.
● Love: You feel totally and completely ready for some type of relationship -- but are you really? Do you know what you want from a mate? If you're not sure, write it all out. What are your expectations? Your ideal? What won't you compromise? Now you're better equipped to make a great decision.
● General: It's fine to start being tighter with your money -- being thrifty right now is wise. Just don't let the idea of saving every single penny take over your world. Obsessions of any kind are not optimal, but an obsession with saving money could alienate you from other people. Just as you have to invest in your financial health, you need to invest in your social health. Don't bow out of festivities just because doing so can help you save money. You can still have fun without breaking the bank.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Being obsessed with finances is actually good for your career in more than the obvious ways. The old 'take this job and toss it' fantasy is totally outdated. You're just too cheap to quit.
● Finances: Friends and family think they have the right to tell you what to do, but your time can't be bought today. You just can't take any requests seriously -- no matter who is making them. Make it clear you're not in the market for a busman's get-together.
● Love: Impulsiveness leads to jealousy, from most likely the person you're dating. So if you're out there, flirting with every hottie from here to Timbuktu, you're probably not ready for a commitment. Break it off before you hurt someone's feelings.
● General: The two sides of yourself -- your public persona and your private persona -- need to be kept separate today. And make that separation stick. No fine lines, here! The people who want you to mix the two halves of your life together don't necessarily have your best interests at heart. They aren't necessarily thinking selfishly, but they are probably thinking senselessly. Maybe they can meld their two halves together seamlessly, but you can't -- and you shouldn't try to mimic them.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: You have so much energy you'll wish you could be in two places at once. But you only have one desk, so put all that good energy to the best possible use. Your most important job of the day is to prioritize.
● Finances: Your dreams keep getting bigger and better. Sooner or later you'll pop your own balloon. Or you could actually get yourself motivated instead. Starting things off as a hobby is a time-honored way to find success. Today is the day.
● Love: You say you're available, but are you? Look at your life -- if you're consumed with work, a past relationship, a booty call or some other distraction, you're most likely not. Work to clear some of this emotional detritus from your life, then press play.
● General: You'll have a lot of warm conversations with cool people today, so enjoy discovering the softer side of the folks you used to think were hard to get along with. Whether this change in the social temperature is due to their change of heart or your overwhelming charm is not relevant. All that matters is that things are getting better and you are connecting with more types of people than ever before. This bodes well for your career -- and your romantic goals.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: There is no place in the office for someone sensitive, and that includes your own cubicle. Replace your thin skin with a thick hide before you roll in to work in the morning.
● Finances: You have all the confidence of two years ago with a fraction of the net worth. At least you finally know for sure that you're actually not made of money. All jokes aside, it's nice to know where your self-assurance actually comes from. You.
● Love: Giving and taking space is truly a delicate balance, one you're struggling to maintain. You either want too much or too little and at your convenience. This isn't a one-way street -- it involves two people. Open it up for discussion; hammer out the details.
● General: If your social life has been lacking some spunk lately, why not let other people take charge of it for a while? Let someone else organize the next get-together for you and your friends. They're sure to come up with different ideas for ways to have fun. And if what they suggest doesn't sound fun to you, then that's all the more reason to do it. You've got to open your mind and try new things more often -- experiment! Whether you actually do have fun or not doesn't even matter.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: You can organize yourself until the cows come home but what you really need to do is organize some help. Some projects are just too big for one person to chew, and you've bitten off one of them. Swallow your pride and ask.
● Finances: You need to keep organized to stay within your budget, but that doesn't mean you have no room for flexibility. You'll get plenty of invitations that are right up your financial alley. It pays to accept no matter which one you choose.
● Love: Don't ask questions you really don't want to know the answers to. It's none of your business how many people someone's slept with. It's up to you to know when to draw the line and respect the boundaries of others while protecting your own.
● General: Friends and family should be foremost in your mind right now, because they are the people who always have your back. New faces may promise intrigue, excitement or even romance, but they could also bring nothing but stress, disappointment and drama. What you need right now is reliability -- you need to be with people who know you inside and out. That's the best way to relax and just be yourself. So make time to reconnect or to just kick back at home with those who love you.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: You're just not sure how to finish a project, but you won't get anywhere by avoiding your desk. Keep your head down and at least assume the pose. Your reflexes just may kick in from there.
● Finances: You get to be the leader of your social group today, and that means you can choose activities you know you can afford. With half the stress automatically out of the picture, it's that much easier to have a good day. Enjoy being in your element.
● Love: Five thousand texts and messages? And you wonder why you haven't heard from Mr. or Ms. Wonderful? Hello! You're overdoing it. Take off the creepy mask and stop stalking this person. It's obvious you're demanding too much attention from them.
● General: A friend needs your advice somewhat desperately, but they are too embarrassed to talk to you about it -- so turn on your feelers today and keep an eye out for which friend it might be. Send a few emails to the likely party and just check in with how they are. They'll appreciate you meeting them halfway in this situation -- it makes them feel like you are really there for them when they need you. You'll be in a deep conversation with them before the end of the day, most likely.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: If you think you can use your intuitive powers to will things into your lap, you'd better think again. You have to get things the old-fashioned way, just like everybody else. Start working.
● Finances: When it comes to keeping your wallet shut, your ego is your biggest challenge. You really don't need to spend money to feel good about yourself, but it's become a habit to spend when you feel even the slightest bit stressed. Watch yourself today, so you can be prepared to fend off that old knee-jerk reaction.
● Love: They're talking about dinner, but you're focused on your wedding menu. Uh. Hold on. It's only your first or second date. Before you walk down the aisle in your head, understand that you know little about this person. Looks are definitely deceiving.
● General: Timing is everything, and that's never more applicable than in a romantic situation. Luckily, you've got great timing right now, so if you have been waiting to work up the nerve to ask someone out, you'll suddenly start to feel a lot braver about the idea! You should take a philosophical view of the proposition and not worry so much whether they accept your invitation or not. It's sort of beside the point, isn't it? Just the act of being so vulnerable is a big enough victory, regardless.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Your mentality and what your job requires of you are mismatched. Your boss isn't interested in philosophical arguments. In fact, keep your thoughts strictly on the surface.
● Finances: You love being generous, and you can see more and more opportunities to indulge in your favorite pastime. Whether you're giving to your friends or helping someone anonymously, it's your own smiles that are sure to increase. Have fun.
● Love: It's really tempting to force relationships into existence -- but don't. Instead, take your time and get to know the person. You may learn all kinds of unsavory info that send you screaming. Easy does it. Time is on your side.
● General: Today you need to put the past behind you. Accept what it was and try to learn from it. There is no way to change it, so you need to settle in and be comfortable with it. What you did (or didn't do) will fade as time progresses, so you need to look ahead and focus on the future. Your patience is strong and it will get you through the rough parts. The people who love you will offer you great distractions too, so meet up with your friends. Remind yourself of all the bright things ahead.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: It's not you, this time, it's them. The energy in the office is going from one extreme to the other. The best you can do is sit at your desk and ride out this particular electrical storm.
● Finances: Don't be fooled by a shell game. Something that looks like easy money, it goes without saying, isn't. But don't waste your time being on the lookout for the worst in human nature, either. As long as you're just throwing your money down to have fun, there's no harm in guessing.
● Love: Before you go out on a date with someone, conduct a simple Internet search. It isn't about stalking -- it's more about protecting yourself. If they're an ax murder or wanted for armed robbery in another state, you'll know ahead of time.
● General: Emotional breakthroughs don't come along every day, so when you start to feel like you're coming to a realization today, you need to stop whatever you are doing and devote some serious time to contemplating what it all means. If you just can't afford an hour to sit by yourself plumbing the depths of your heart, then at least try to make some time later in the week. Your mind is in the right place to look at tender issues with a new eye in order to see the cold, hard truth.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Don't bring personal issues to the office. It's not easy to avoid your emotions today, but if you stick to your routine you'll find the day goes by without your feelings generating a second thought.
● Finances: You now know you can handle anything. Sudden changes won't knock you off your feet, nor will the slow drip of water against a rock. That realization gives you a sense of freedom and independence that no amount of money can buy. Enjoy your discovery.
● Love: Don't lay all your cards on the table at once. Coming on too strong is a total turnoff. Leave things to the imagination. Avoid reviewing your sex-a-log or chronicling all the losers you've dated. Keep the conversation fun and light -- not everything is up for public consumption.
● General: It's time for you to starting using your wonderful creativity to its full potential! It's good for more than just writing cute little notes inside birthday cards, you know. Go get some inspiration outside -- or, if the weather won't make a long walk possible, then at least spend some time looking out the window at the wonders of nature. Then, think about what interests you and intrigues you. Before the end of the day, you will have a new project on your mind.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: If you thought today was going to be fun, you must have been dreaming. On the other hand, you can make your dreams reality with minimal effort. Instead of getting depressed, turn your mood around. Create a new attitude.
● Finances: You're minding the store while a loved one is away. But that doesn't mean you should neglect your own business. If you stay focused, you can do the work of two. That means no indulging in fantasies or daydreams. Try hard not to let your mind wander.
● Love: Mr. or Ms. Hottie you just met is not going to save you from yourself. It's totally important you accept this in your core. Otherwise, you're bound to make all kinds of bad, rash decisions. Find esteem from within -- cherish yourself.