Free Daily Horoscope - August 4 2016
● General: Be careful not to make assumptions about how other people will or will not behave today -- you can never predict how someone will react to surprising news. The people around you might seem like they are overreacting to your mind, but one person's overreaction is another person's reasonable reaction. It's time to live and let live, and stop worrying if other people aren't fitting in with the picture you have created in your head. Reality is more interesting than people give it credit for.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: Feeling nervous and sweaty? Don't go overboard with the explanations. Just like when flirting, things can be short and sweet and still be crystal clear. Go straight for the bull's eye.
● Finances: Don't let money worries ruin an otherwise great day. Block it out, even if it takes a lot of effort. You need to relax, have fun or exert effort toward something completely unrelated to finance if you want to get your energy back. Consider it a sound investment.
● Love: Can you just be friends after dating? Maybe. Just maybe. No, it didn't work out in the bedroom, but that doesn't mean you can't start anew. You and this person have more in common than you think -- it's a matter of redefining the relationship and the expectations.
● General: If money is tight, today is the day to start figuring out ways to stretch it further. Cutting back on your expenses doesn't have to be painful -- especially if you change the little things. For example, why don't you start bringing your lunch with you every day? And try washing your car yourself -- get the kids involved if you have them, as it's great family bonding time. Weekends are just as enjoyable without one single trip to the mall. Use your creativity.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: You're not indecisive, if only because you're not giving yourself a moment to consider. You're acting on impulse, and don't kid yourself that those kinds of decisions are good for your career.
● Finances: Yes, you are engaged in a power struggle, but keep up your poker face. Acting arrogant will only tip your hand. It's no different than grabbing the check or letting it sit on the table like the elephant in the dining room. Stay subtle, discreet and reserved.
● Love: When did this dating thing get so dang heavy? All you want to do is have a little fun, but it seems as if everyone just wants to get married and have kids. Do your due diligence -- are you reading their profiles thoroughly not selectively. You'll get the gist if you're paying attention.
● General: Today, clean out your emotional closet. When you clean out a cluttered closet, you get a huge sense of accomplishment, so imagine what kind of good feelings will rush into your heart when you expel regrets, jealousy and grudges from your heart and mind? These negative feelings are doing you no good, so get them out! You will be amazed at how much lighter you feel and how much more attractive you become to others. Feeling messy and confused on the inside does not do wonders for your outward appearances.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: If things have been deathly still for far too long, you'll finally get some movement. In fact, there's a lot going on. You'll have a great day if you can adjust to the change soon enough to make the most of it.
● Finances: You need to be truly intellectual today. That means examining even your opinions that are so strong you take them for granted. You have at least one investment that you love dearly but makes no financial sense. Shine a light on them.
● Love: Don't reveal too much too soon. It's not good for your image. When you're on the dating scene, parse out information according to the situation and the person. Remain a little enigmatic -- keep they mystery going. Your restraint will pay off.
● General: Juicy gossip has a way of getting blown out of proportion, so don't be surprised if you find out about something shocking that you are (supposedly) involved in today. When you do, nip this nonsense in the bud and set the record straight. Otherwise, it could morph into an even bigger story full of even bigger lies! You like being the center of attention as much as anyone does, but you should make sure it's for something you actually did, and not something people just think you did.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Your inner voice is becoming a bit too demanding, even for your workaholic side. But go ahead, live on the wild side for a change. Give yourself an outrageous goal or ultimatum. Then meet it.
● Finances: You want to make an extravagant gesture, but the object of your desires doesn't really need that. Flashing money is just a turn off for some people. That doesn't have to make you feel like a bargain basement admirer, though. You have in excess all that has real value anyway.
● Love: Avoid standing still for any length of time -- the more you go, the more interesting you'll appear to a mysterious stranger (or not-so-stranger). Don't feel obligated to dig into the specifics of your whereabouts -- a little mystery is a turn on!
● General: The only thing worse than tooting your own horn too loudly is being falsely modest! So if you did something worth crowing about, crow away! No good can come out of the 'aw shucks' act when you really don't mean it. Who are you trying to impress, anyway? If you want to impress them, point out to them what you just did. As soon as you start hiding your accomplishments, you start minimizing them and giving people an excuse to ignore them. It's the wrong path to go down, especially now.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Don't forget the real point of collaboration at the office. Your individual hopes and desires are secondary to your work goals. So if you start to feel like a kid waiting to be picked for the team, remind yourself you're an adult. Have a second cup of coffee.
● Finances: Your finances are getting you down for all the wrong reasons. They can make or break your bank but not you. If you think about it, your biggest achievements had nothing to do with money anyway. Stay focused on what really matters.
● Love: Sex is great -- but just not now. Don't jump into bed with this person too soon, even if it's beyond tempting. A premature physical relationship will create more questions than it will answer, so hold off for the time being. You'll know when it's right.
● General: You'll get an interesting invitation to a social event today -- and it could lead to more social events down the line, so it's in your best interests to accept it. Just make sure that you have the time it requires before committing -- you wouldn't want to have to back out at the last minute. Despite your growing popularity, your mood is going to be more introspective and quiet today. It's a good time to finish up old projects or to catch up on errands.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Cold logic isn't the only way to handle an issue. Go over the finer details, again and again if you have to. A warmer approach is like a needle in a haystack: It's there just waiting for you to find it.
● Finances: It feels like money gives you freedom and flexibility, but really your attitude is the only thing you need to bestow those virtues upon yourself and it's the perfect time to try it out. Look at your schedule as if it's wide open, and decide exactly how you want to proceed.
● Love: Fresh romance -- there's nothing quite like that endorphin rush. Whooooosh. You're walking on air! But hold up! Come back to earth for a sec. Don't neglect your pals and your commitments. Just because you think you're in love doesn't mean you have the right to flake.
● General: An issue you were afraid would rear its ugly head is going to be a no-show today, which means that you've got nothing to worry about. This release of tension early in the day will help you stay flexible and stay cheerful. You are ready for anything right now, and other people can tell. It's likely that you'll get a few invitations or requests from the higher-ups. Something you've been working for over the past months is getting closer and closer. Today you might get to touch it.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Being professional isn't the same as acting like someone you are not. Who you really are comes through in everything you do. Put all of your good energy to productive use. You will enjoy the way colleagues see you!
● Finances: The less money you have, the more creative you're forced to be. You know what they say about necessity. You can come up with some excellent ideas today. Throwing money at a problem is starting to feel just plain frivolous.
● Love: If you've been seeing someone, now's a good time to plan a quick vacation with him or her -- an overnight trip or a weekend at most. It's a great way to test the buoyancy of this relationship. Two days is a lot of time to spend with someone, a totally enlightening experience to be sure!
● General: Lately you have been letting yourself get caught up in the momentum of your days' activities -- you're getting dangerously close to living life on auto-pilot. Like a leaf in a windstorm, you're getting tossed about and starting to feel a bit powerless over your situation. So today you need to remind yourself that the power is in your hands! The best way to do that is to make a change or two. Even if you simply drive home from work along a new route, you'll be the one making the decision.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: There is a carrot dangling in front of you from nine-to-five. The temptation is always there to slack off, but don't do it just because you can. Remind yourself that your time is someone else's money.
● Finances: Being your own boss has its pitfalls and you're experiencing one. Maybe you're being a bit too lenient with your own performance. Who knew that having a problem boss was so motivating for you. Start giving yourself a harder time.
● Love: Stay current -- when you're in the thick of romance, it's easy to forget to check in for a daily status. Put that heavy-duty drooling and ga-ga babble on hold for a few minutes: have a real conversation. Is the other person still breathing? Great! Get back to wooing.
● General: Crowds are not a very hospitable place for you today. What you need right now is to go off on your own and let your mind wander to your own worries and ideas. You can come to some extremely important realizations about yourself if you have enough solace and time. Go in deep on the deep issues and give yourself time to sort out how you really feel about things. Something in your life needs to be addressed, and you've been putting it off for way too long. Today's the day to tackle it.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Some people are all talk and no action, but that's just not your style. That would simply be too boring for you. So while colleagues drone on and on, put your time to better use getting things accomplished.
● Finances: A bit of humor goes a long way. All you have to do is crack a smile or two and you'll feel like you've been bestowed with all the riches and fortune one person can hope for in life. Well, that's a bit of an overstatement, but being cheerful certainly can't hurt.
● Love: If you were married right now, you'd be dreaming of singledom. Hey, wake up! That's you! You're livin' the fantasy, baby! Embrace it! You're totally in the clear -- relish the awesome minutes, hours and days ahead of you.
● General: Trying to put a smile on someone else's face is admirable, but keep things in perspective. If you exert all your energy on making other people happy, you will have nothing left over to make yourself happy! So today, reserve your energy for your own issues and concerns. Do not worry about other people thinking you are being selfish. There is nothing wrong with making yourself top priority every once in a while. You can't forget to treat yourself right.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: It really is possible to think something to death. A project on your desk needs action, not intellectualizing. In fact, it's close to needing some mouth to mouth resuscitation. Get down to business before it's too late.
● Finances: You don't care what it is -- from the contents of your wallet to your life's savings -- you're not willing to share. Don't be surprised if that means no one wants to share their resources with you, either. Don't wait until you get too lonely to change your attitude.
● Love: You're a gentle, trusting soul, to a fault. Predators abound -- someone's waiting to hook up with you just to turn around and dump you when it's all over. He or she seems too good to be true? Caveat emptor! If you're hearing too much of what you want to hear, get out of there!
● General: After going through your routine for days, weeks, and months, it can be way too easy to turn off your brain and just coast on auto-pilot. But you owe your brain more than that. You can't let it go to waste. If you are not feeling challenged, then do whatever you can to challenge yourself today. Attempt a new sport. Try out a new hobby. See if you can learn how to cook something complicated. Put some hurdles in place and see how quickly you can impress yourself.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: It's a sizzling affair, from 9 all the way to 5. Make the most of this creative streak because the sparks won't fly like this forever. A few good ideas, though, and you can coast for weeks.
● Finances: If you look back over the last year and a half, you'll realize just how extraordinary the changes you've gone through have been. That you're not alone doesn't lessen the effect of your gestalt. You see how different you are now, and understand why.
● Love: You're vaguely interested in a certain someone -- perhaps you're attracted to their enigmatic patina. Though a little mystery is great, it's not always the best asset for a long-term relationship. If you can't imagine this person mixing with your people, don't expect much.
● General: You love having options, but today the choices are so varied that you are probably going to feel a bit overwhelmed by them all! Just don't panic and make a snap decision because you think that someone's starting losing patience with you. If you do, you will only end up going back on it a few days later when new facts come to light. Take your time today. Only when you take a good long look at how all your options might play out will you know exactly what you need to do next.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: It's time to get creative, even if that's not in your job description. Don't be too specific when called on the carpet. And remember, everything can be changed, later.
● Finances: Your spending needs to be put on a strict diet. Unfortunately, your wallet is getting the exact opposite of fat. You've almost blown your self-imposed budget, but you still have time to cut back before the real indulgence kicks in.
● Love: Don't be surprised to experience a little (or a lot) of rejection. What did you expect? You can't (and shouldn't) connect with everyone. When you're done licking your wounds, realize you're a fantastic person. So you got dumped. Big deal! Someone way better is around the corner!