Free Daily Horoscope - August 31 2016
● General: Keeping your communication short and sweet is a good strategy for you today. Whenever you can, try to put things in a nice little nutshell. Try not to get too wordy. Zippy little emails, snappy instant messages, and tiny text messages will help you get across the ideas you need to convey -- without getting caught up in all of the messy details. Other people are likely to go off on tangents today, but you just won't have time to humor them like you usually do.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: You're out of excuses. With computers, email, and cell phones, there's just no reason to be out of touch. Communicate in any way you can, even if you have to resort to smoke signals.
● Finances: You don't need something new or expensive to get the fun going. In fact, something old and familiar will do the trick. If you're not sure what, do some tentative exploring.
● Love: Let things chill on ice for now. You're not totally sure what you're dealing with or what you're up against. So go on an information scavenger hunt before you make any decisions. This person is most likely misrepresenting.
● General: Whatever happens around you today will feel like a drama that you simply can't control. You are right: You can't control this. But being powerless in a situation doesn't have to make you feel hopeless about that situation. Sometimes, it's a liberating feeling to know that you can't do much to change the situation. Going with the flow is pleasing to you, anyway, right now, so just do what feels good! Trying to make the day be exactly what you want it to be will only be a mammoth waste of your time.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Your thoughts are racing straight towards success and bypassing all the hard work it takes to get there. While your head is spinning, you're just wasting time. Stay focused if you want the real thing rather than a daydream.
● Finances: You don't have to work hard or pay a penny to experience happiness and enjoy the view. In fact, you don't have to do a thing but sit back and observe. Enjoy some long overdue good feelings.
● Love: Don't be surprised to wake up this morning, feeling as if you're on a submarine, 20,000 leagues under the sea. Something big and scary lurks in the dark waters and until you find it, you can't rest easy. Avoid surfacing until the danger passes: You won't feel the waves under water.
● General: Someone who is usually a source of bright sunshine in your life is feeling a bit depressed right now -- but you need to act like you don't notice. Avoid making them feel like they're the object of pity or sadness and just try to keep them communicating with you. Eventually, they will open up about what is bothering them and you will be able to see a way to help them see the brighter sides of things. Throughout the day, keep in touch with them and remind them that someone cares about them.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: It's possible to have a good day without any follow through, but a great day? Not very likely. Do what you say you will today if you want things to work out for the best.
● Finances: Don't loosen your purse strings just yet. Keeping a tight grip on your finances is still the way you have to live, although you'll achieve enough to relax somewhat soon enough. For now, keep being thrifty.
● Love: If you're really in the mood and things are a heatin' up tonight, go with the flow. Don't allow your fear of success to sabotage this luscious occurrence. That means avoid the following topics of discussion: work, psycho exes and emotional problems. Keep it sexy and fun.
● General: Today you're going to be an essential element in a lot of people's plans. It seems you've got what everyone needs, whether it's the best attitude, the best ideas, or the best cooking skills! So in order to avoid over-extending yourself, pace yourself. Don't commit to anything unless you absolutely have to and don't let everyone know what you're doing for anyone else. Otherwise, your alliances may be misinterpreted by sensitive folks who are hurt that they're not your number one.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Sometimes the nagging voices in your head goad you to work, and sometimes they just bug you. How annoyed do you have to be before you feel hounded into working? You'll find out today.
● Finances: Have your finances doubled? Not yet? How disappointing. All the more reason to motivate yourself to action. It would be a shame to waste the extra energy that new beginnings always bring with them. Don't delay your start by even a single day.
● Love: Your tribe of friends and family is there to support you and remind you why you're so fabulous. Being comfortable in your own skin is a sure way to be very alluring.
● General: Your strong feelings about an issue aren't necessarily shared by each and every one of your friends, so be careful not to make assumptions today when the conversation turns toward a topic you feel passionately about. Slow down your excitement. Let other people get a word in edgewise -- that's the best way for everyone to understand what's behind their viewpoints. They can better understand why you feel the way you feel only after they feel you are trying to understand them.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: You want nothing more than to discuss your hopes and desires with your friends, but your pesky job is getting in your way. Remind yourself that life is more than a big party. Sigh, and get back to work.
● Finances: You're modest, but why keep your pride under such tight wraps? You have every right to be proud of how you handled past issues. You don't have to crow about it, but give yourself a pat on the back for how well you did, if only in private.
● Love: Advice abounds, so even if your options feel limited or worse, nonexistent, avoid calling your ex. He or she has nothing beneficial or encouraging to contribute. It'll be a lot of the same old, same old -- you're better off reading a book.
● General: The finer details of your many plans will be fascinating for you, today. Your brain is hungry for specifics, not big ideas. So instead of thinking up a new way to conquer the world, you're going to be a lot more interested in what shade of blue to paint your bedroom. Or what flavor of ice cream cone to treat yourself to, later. This puts you in an excellent frame of mind for long conversations with friends about nothing at all. You want to know what makes them tick.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Work issues require you to think in a particular way. Cold logic takes some getting used to. You need to be reasonable, and quickly. Don't take all day to warm up to the task.
● Finances: When it comes to making money, you're off the boil. Why plan for the future when all your hard work of the past seems to have been erased by the present? There's a better way of looking at things. If you can't see it, get creative.
● Love: The stars may force you to deal with unpleasant people, so if you run into the person whose calls you've failed to return, you'll know your fate. Play it off -- give him or her a few minutes of undivided attention and then you're off the hook.
● General: Every once in a while, you need a good cry to get out some of the bad feelings. Letting yourself get emotional over the trials in your life is not a sign of weakness -- it is a healthy way to process some extremely unpleasant feelings. If you need any solace, you will find more comfort from your family than from anyone else, so try to spend some time with them later in the day if you can. You share the good things in your life with them, and you should share the bad stuff, too.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Thinking generates energy. Once you get the intellectualizing out of the way, you'll need something to do with it all. You can spend every last drop without ever leaving your desk.
● Finances: The financial craziness is behind you, and friends and family are what the doctor ordered to help you restore some sense of harmony to your life. The day is all about them and not at all about money. The smaller things in life really are things of beauty.
● Love: Chances are someone you're not the least bit interested in will ask you out on a date. It's better not to lie -- the nonexistent boyfriend or girlfriend excuse could bite you in the rear. Better to say you're too busy or not dating. Keep your conscience clean.
● General: Pay attention to an unusual minor detail that comes up when someone tells you something in confidence this morning. Because part of the secret they are sharing is a clue to another, even bigger secret! And if you can get in touch with your inner private detective, you can figure out the rest of the story -- what they don't want to tell you just yet. This inside knowledge will put you in a very powerful position, so use it wisely. Don't spread the word too quickly if you want to remain a confidante.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: The general atmosphere in the office is one of caution. But you -- you feel like doing a bit of risk taking. Whether or not it pays off isn't the point. Learn to conquer your temptations.
● Finances: You have no interest in deep conversations. Light chit chat is about as much as you can tolerate. Avoiding major issues is a good way to prepare yourself to tackle them another day. Don't even let your dreams become infected with financial worries.
● Love: Your gift of gab will come in totally handy when you find yourself in a situation where you don't know a soul. Simply saunter up to that person who's obviously alone, too. You'll find a great companion for the evening and maybe even beyond.
● General: Don't be someone who is long on talking and short on doing! Watch how much you talk about your ambitious goals and plans -- because the longer you go on and on with your ideas, the more and more people will begin to doubt that you are going to follow through on them. Start embracing humility, then enact your plans. Let your actions speak for you, and show the world that you aren't all talk and no action. You are a person of substance, and you need to show it.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: There's a lot going on, so some things, or some people, could fall through the cracks. It's the people you should be concerned about. Watch your every interaction with them.
● Finances: It's not as significant a day as you're making it out to be. Today doesn't really matter that much, so let yourself off the hook. Just following your mood is going to take you where you need to go. Tackle the next days when you get to them.
● Love: You're a magnet for the most boring people on earth right now. Somehow, they spot you from afar and want to date you. When you know you're cornered, give this person no more than two minutes of your time, then grab someone else, change the subject or bolt.
● General: You know that it can often be efficient to speak directly and honestly, but your communication style today should be more subtle than straight up. Instead of responding immediately when someone says something you don't like, wait and listen to more of what they have to say. Let them explain themselves completely before you go at them -- especially if this is a person who you are just starting to get to know. You have to be gentle and bend over backwards to make them feel safe.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Your thoughts have taken on a life of their own, and they have wings. You can't expect to get much done with them swirling around your head. The best you can do is discard the extra.
● Finances: Focusing too much on one person is as big a mistake as putting all of your money into one investment. Diversify! There is a social scene just waiting for you. Don't waste the day with someone who is too demanding of your time and attention.
● Love: Someone's constantly canceling plans with you and you're sick of it. If you're dealing with a flakey love interest, it's time to call it off. If they can't commit now, nothing's gonna change in the future. If it's a friend, a strident chat about their behavior is in order.
● General: Today an intellectual connection could spark some romantic feelings, but the situation will be a complicated one. There's an imbalance of interest or of availability -- and now is not the time to be embroiled in big dramas that could give you a bad reputation -- or a broken heart. So proceed with caution when you start to feel the chemistry brewing with someone right now. There is more to this than meets the eye and you have to protect yourself. Make sure you're doing the right thing.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: It's all easy when the sparks fly. It's when things start to smolder that you need extra creativity to get a real fire going. Fan the flames of your intellectual connections today.
● Finances: You can't organize your feelings into neat little categories. You're still not sure what to make of the past or what to expect from the future. Stop thinking about it for now and just keep on keeping on. That means continuing to being as thrifty as you can be.
● Love: Some people truly have no boundaries, so don't be surprised if an acquaintance or a pal asks to borrow a family heirloom or money. Feeling pressured to say yes will only cause resentment. Be honest. Better to keep your possessions and self-respect intact.
● General: Anything that you dream up you can make happen -- if you persevere and stay positive! Banish those clouds of doubt that you feel edging towards your brain right now. Yes, there is uncertainty ahead -- but there always will be. Why not choose to think the best and just keep moving forward? Stick with the people who always see the bright side of life and stay away from those who tell you that the things you want you can't have. That's nonsense, and you know it. Now you have to prove it to them.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: When you imagine a best case scenario, don't be too specific. Keep things as vague as possible. You want success to be able to fit through the door, no matter what its size or form.
● Finances: Your money hasn't been performing as well as it could, but that doesn't mean it won't do better in the future. On the other hand, you just never know. Keep looking at it creatively, as something to do for satisfaction, and don't let your feelings get bogged down by fear or worry.
● Love: Kissy, kissy, huggy, huggy. You're fed up with a certain someone who insists on physical contact as part of the greeting ritual. And it makes you uncomfortable. Be the first to extend your hand -- if they don't get the hint, reiterate that you'd feel better with a handshake.