Free Daily Horoscope - August 30 2016
● General: It's time to get more strategic in terms of your career. Think more analytically about how you can get to where you want to be, and be more bold! Is there someone you know who knows someone who knows someone who can get you in the door at your dream job? Shoot them an email and see what happens. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. To create a better future, it's perfectly okay to use your past relationships. They want to help you -- give them a chance to.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: If you were raised to believe that someday all your hard work would pay off, then you may be getting impatient. Don't be. Perseverance is still the key to success. Sigh and face your work.
● Finances: Cooking and cleaning are only a small fraction of your day, but an important one. They may be mundane, but they set the stage for a grand entrance. Starting a new strategy on the right note is an important part of ensuring your continued success.
● Love: Negativity is pervasive today and you may have to put some distance, physical if necessary, between yourself and the source to escape it. But the effort it totally worth it if you want an awesome, stress-free day. Go to any lengths.
● General: Bring your latest endeavor to the next level -- you're ready, whether you feel totally prepared or not. So if you are in a promising romantic relationship, plan an intimate date where the two of you can confess your real feelings. How about cooking a meal together? Few things are as intimate as generating some heat in the kitchen. And if you are settling into a new job, it's a good time to step things up. Start speaking up in meetings. People are ready to hear what you have to say.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: You're prepared for romance, fun, entertainment -- anything but work. Some days are like that. You've had your time to be indulgent. Time to suck it up and get to work.
● Finances: You don't need huge crowds and loud bangs to know something important is happening. Besides, you much prefer something simple and quiet, like socializing with friends over a late meal. You have all you need to feel content and secure. Enjoy.
● Love: Before you get too overwhelmed with the details, stop for a moment and figure out the essentials. Has it ever occurred to you that you don't have to accomplish it all in one day? Great! Once you figure out your priorities, you're good to go.
● General: When was the last time you got totally flirtatious with someone? Tossed all subtleties out the window? Went for broke with cheesy-yet-charming lines and glowing compliments? It's high time you got back into the action, so pick a lucky person and make them smile today. There is nothing wrong with making someone else feel good, especially because it will end up making you feel good too! Make someone's day today. And remind yourself that life is supposed to be fun!
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Fact and fiction -- it's all one and the same. As any temp will tell you, cultivating the appearance of deep focus is a must. It's time to start looking busy if you aren't actually being busy.
● Finances: You've been tight with money lately and now you're ready to pop. Don't. You're not there yet, although you've come a long way. You didn't get half the things you wanted and yet you resisted moodiness and self-pity. This exercise alone is worth all the money you shaved off your budget --times ten.
● Love: You're tempted to ask someone else's partner out. Who cares if they fight back, or care? Ease up on the power trip -- you're in over your head. Blame the stars and back off.
● General: Get ready for a flood of social invitations to come your way -- the trouble is, you still might not feel like accepting any of them. If you don't want to climb out of your shell that's perfectly okay! Stay away from the real world a little while longer if you want to. There's nothing wrong with that. Just make sure you refuse the invitations politely and quickly. You're not likely to change your mind, so why leave them hanging? You could come off as being flaky.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: You're desperate for ideas. The trick is getting started. Just begin generating them willy-nilly. Try tossing one or two out there. You may be surprised at how receptive others will be.
● Finances: Your emotions are running high but then so are everyone else's. New beginnings have a way of energizing people, like a storm coming in or the smell of dawn. You're looking forward to a more profitable time to come.
● Love: Someone is acting as if they've got it going on. They'd rather choke than admit you're the reason for their success. Cool. Let 'em crow. You know they were single befoe you set them up.
● General: There are some influential people who are impressed by your outstanding ability to follow through with the projects you've committed to. So don't go disappointing them now by flaking out on something just because it isn't turning out to be as much fun as you thought it was going to be. You can make it fun! Stick with this, and devote some energy to figuring out how to make it more interesting. Bring another person into the mix -- maybe they'll have a fresh perspective and help you mix it up a bit.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Is this your job or your career? Not that the distinction gives you much wiggle room. But it does give you some incentive, either to stubbornly dig in your heels or start looking for other options.
● Finances: Your spending was modest and your thoughts were deep. Give yourself a big pat on the back for making it through a difficult time. At least only your finances needed such tight control. The rest of your life was as happy go lucky as ever, and that attitude comes with you into the future.
● Love: A little face-to-face communication solves a huge problem today. So if the grapevine delivers an unsavory tidbit about yourself, pick up the phone and clear it up. Texts and emails will only complicate matters.
● General: You're going to be in the thick of things today, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you are going to fully understand what is going on. Just be careful when communicating with new people, because they could have more power than you think. Play things safe. Wait until you fully understand someone's motivations before you start talking about one of your opinions. It's not that you should hide what you feel. It's just that you should wait to share it.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: An unusual dinner spot is more than just a questionable tax write-off. It really is research, especially if you take the opportunity to exchange ideas with the right person. Consider yourself on the clock.
● Finances: Staying financially organized was a must and that's not something that will change overnight. But you can look forward to organizing more enjoyable things in the coming future, like family gatherings and social events. Start with tonight.
● Love: You'd love to help a friend in distress today, but honey, you can barely keep your own head above water. If you have an extra life buoy, go ahead and toss it out, but don't sacrifice your one saving grace for someone else. It's not worth it.
● General: Right now you are in the perfect frame of mind for substance -- the emptiness of styles and trends has gotten tiring for you. It's not a great day for shopping or other mindless activities. Instead, you should seek out stimulation at a history museum or book store. You are able to experience new things with a level of concentration and eagerness that you've never really had before. You want to grow your intellect and are ready to put in the time necessary to do it.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: You can't deal with what you can't see. Or can you? Don't ignore problems just because they're hidden beneath the surface. Consider your challenge of the day to be bringing them out into the open.
● Finances: Your finances haven't progressed in the ways you wanted recently, but there's always next things to try and try again. For now, focus on having fun and heaving a huge sigh of relief.
● Love: Avoid too many words today because you're likely to put someone on the spot without even knowing it. This could cause a major problem for the person in question. So proceed with caution and refrain from speaking unless you're sure the coast is clear.
● General: You have many different opportunities tempting you today, so which one will you pick? Well, which one do you want to pick? For once, no one has direct control over what you do, right now. No one is watching and waiting for you to make the choice that will help them. You get to do whatever you want! This might be an unfamiliar sensation, but it's a great one! Follow your mood and do whatever you want, whenever you want to do it. It's time to put yourself first.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Being competitive is healthy. It pushes you to do more work. But it's another story when an office contest turns into a feud. Watch for signs of slight irritation or frustration. Nip it in the bud.
● Finances: You're just about out of steam and that's no way to face midnight. Use your mind to generate the drive you'll need to face the future. Conjuring up images of goals met is just what you need to reinvigorate your commitment to reaching them.
● Love: If a frenemy comes barreling in with a new idea, hold your ground. Even if it gets ugly, your personality stands head and shoulders above this spaz. Don't worry -- a few allies will come to the rescue.
● General: Are you nervous about a meeting or conversation that is coming up today? There's no way to know for sure how things will go down, but since you don't know the outcome, why not choose to imagine it will be a good one? You have to start being more creative in how you approach the unknown. You can affect the situation more than you realize. Visualize whatever you want, hope for the best, and then just move forward. There is no point in thinking things will go poorly.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: There's nothing wrong with being of service, even if it's not in your job description. Oblige coworkers whenever and wherever you can today. Consider it one of your responsibilities.
● Finances: The energy you have now is vastly different from the energy you had just a few months back. There's no point in questioning why or wondering what it's all about. The best use of the day is in putting the past behind you. Then don't think twice about it.
● Love: A situation today calls for a direct yes-or-no answer. Problem is, you don't see the solution as cut and dry as the others. Try to compromise without railroading your position. If it turns ugly, abstain from giving your answer until things cool down.
● General: This day will throw a lot of details at you, but try not to get too bogged down in all of them too early in the day. You don't have to solve every problem before lunchtime! Skip the martyr act and just tackle one thing at a time. You're not out to impress people, you're out to get things done, right? So take it slow and steady. Not only will it help reduce stress in your life, it will help keep everyone else around you see you as a do-er instead of a freak-out-er.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Keep your professional mask on securely. In fact, check it before you even enter the office. The last thing you want to do is let your feelings show today.
● Finances: You like newness in general and you could sure use a change. Both are coming your way and not a minute too soon. There is just no such thing as overreacting when it comes to welcoming in the future. Do it up right.
● Love: All of a sudden you get a glimpse at how far you've really come -- it hits you when you least expect it. It is possible that you are in a relationship with someone. Maybe it's time to take it to the next level.
● General: Right now is a very important time for your family relationships, so try to reach out to as many different branches of your family tree as you possibly can. If it's someone's birthday, call them up instead of just sending a card or gift. They would love to hear from you. Don't forget that you provide a necessary and unique contribution to these people's lives. Your insight, charm and humor would be welcome right now, so don't hold back! Take an active role in your extended family.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Knowing your colleagues are real people will help you work together. Try to get beyond their office images. Imagine them as young children, and as old relatives sitting in rocking chairs. That should warm you up a bit.
● Finances: It's not been an easy period, and looking back on it has you feeling emotional. That's because you had to keep your feelings locked safely in Fort Knox just to survive. You now know you have what it takes to survive the stuff of legends. That deserves a good celebration.
● Love: If you find that you've messed up, do something fast. You're not like this, so stop acting like it. A little humility will go a long way. So admit your mistake and extend the olive branch. Someone is there to accept it.
● General: Sometimes, it can be very helpful to live in an illusion -- to keep yourself so distracted by daydreams and fanciful wishes that you don't have to deal with unpleasant thoughts. So if you are having troubling thoughts, it might be okay today to just pretend everything is just fine. Think good thoughts and if there are uncertain situations, just pretend that you know the outcome for certain -- and the outcome is good. Fake it until you make it, because you will make it eventually. Have hope!
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: You need to win someone over. If it were after hours, you'd know just what to do. Translate your knowledge into something professional. What's the office version of poetry and a good dinner?
● Finances: You can be quite entertaining when you want to be. There's no harm in dreaming about the future. Of course, it helps to keep it strictly about successes. Financial failures, it's safe to assume, are officially a thing of the past.
● Love: Go ahead -- relax, breathe and take a load off. Your devil-may-care attitude today will inspire someone else to seek some relief. Be willing to take off an extra half hour for lunch to help a comrade recharge their batteries.