Free Daily Horoscope - August 3 2016
● General: You are loaded with energy right now -- and being so high-spirited, you'll have a lot of fun juggling all the tasks that other people might find too boring to deal with. This makes you very valuable, and very popular! Expect people to toss you some easy tasks that you can use to build up your expertise and your resume. They don't have the time to deal with them, but you do. Your usefulness will be rewarded and remembered, so don't think that you're doing other people's work for no reason.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: Try to reign in what comes naturally to you. With your tongue set on rapid fire, it's just too easy to shoot yourself in the foot. Think for at least a split second before speaking.
● Finances: You're reacting to financial statements as if you were a toddler again. The howling and shrieking won't make a bit of difference to the bottom line, though. Be a parent to your inner child and reign yourself in.
● Love: You're bound to deal with rudeness all day long. Instead of choking these insensitive jerks, turn a blind cheek. Your best bet: breathe. Even if you're right, fighting back is not worth the effort. You won't change anyone's mind, no matter how loud you yell.
● General: There will be quite a few new faces on the scene today, and you could surprise yourself by reacting a bit too critically to one of them. Try to be polite. Get your distance from this person if you worry you can't be nice. They are stirring up some weird feelings for you -- feelings that you don't understand and might not be able to get a handle on right away. But before you make them aware of their effect on you, talk to a friend or coworker about your concerns.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Yes, your coworkers can be amusing. But remind yourself that you work for the financial rewards, not the entertainment value of your colleagues. Don't waste all day being distracted.
● Finances: Going out to eat is costing you more than you realize. If you added up the checks from the times you've needed a plate of food in front of you to socialize, you'd willingly put yourself on a strict diet. No need to be draconian about either your caloric intake or your spending. Both in moderation suit your budget.
● Love: Your ability to expose the stupidity of others is exceedingly sharp today. But that doesn't mean you should go around telling everyone what they're doing wrong. Sometimes, it's better to keep your mouth shut and let humiliation take its course.
● General: You are about to get a fresh start in an old relationship -- and while the transition might feel a bit too bumpy to be comfortable, you can clearly see how things are about to get a whole lot better. Dreams you thought you had to let go of suddenly seem possible again! If you are in an established relationship, get together with your partner and think up a few ways to inject some excitement into things. If you are looking to start a relationship, investigate some new tactics.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: You can have a good day, filled with the best of intentions. Or you can have a great day filled with follow-through. You know which the adult in you would pick, and definitely which one the professional in you should go for.
● Finances: You're not the kind to get moody just because you can't buy whatever you want. On the other hand, financial restraint is starting to wear a bit thin. If you're not clear exactly what the source of your sullen state is, don't make drastic changes to your budget just yet.
● Love: The ease and comfort you provide others will take you far today. Don't be surprised if people seek your sage words to defuse a bad situation. Your calm head will impress the heck out of someone -- just another feather in your cap!
● General: Your reputation is something you should start taking more seriously. Don't worry -- it's not suffering right now, but it could use a polish. So even if you are dying to stick to yourself today, you need to break out of your shell and get out into the world. Show folks what you are made of, and what you can do. Being alone may bring you comfort right now, but being among people will bring you respect and a sense of pride in what you bring to the conversation.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: You're feeling overwhelmed. Your boss isn't putting any controls on your output for some reason. If you ever wondered how you would do if left to your own devices, now you know. Welcome back some voices of authority.
● Finances: Your emotions are fueling your energy, so keep them positive. The higher your energy, the higher your balance, so being in an up mood is a must. The minute you feel overwhelmed or irritable, change your focus to something uplifting.
● Love: Personal responsibility is just that -- it's yours. Don't put the onus of your life in someone else's hands. If you can't afford it, don't buy it; if you want to hook up with someone, bring protection; if you want to drink, don't drive. Make your own decisions and live by your own code.
● General: Whether you are looking for a new friend, a new business connection or a new love, possibilities abound around you today! So initiate a conversation with someone you've always been a little bit shy around -- they've been waiting for you to make the first move. You've got strong self esteem, which will help you step right up to this person, give them a solid handshake, hold their eye contact, and start talking. They're bound to be impressed by your confidence and your charm.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: You can't help but listen to your colleagues talk. And by the sound of it, life for them is one big party. Don't be impressed. That's exactly the response they have in mind. Stay focused on more intellectual pursuits.
● Finances: Your response to low funds is to keep as many things as you can to a minimum. But some things just can't be controlled, like your subconscious, in which you are busily and happily spending a small fortune. You'll spend the day wondering if it's really all only a dream.
● Love: Watch out for arrogance run riot. If you're throwing around the 'tude, check yourself. Nobody's interested in your veiled insecurities -- in fact, you're turning everyone off. Instead, find out what's missing. Your self-esteem is in jeopardy. That's why you're acting out.
● General: Planning will be fun for you today -- especially if you're planning something that has lots of different elements that need to be coordinated! Going over the finer details will be a task you enjoy -- your eye for these details is extremely sharp. Once you nail down the dates, names or times that are important, you'll feel like you just solved the toughest jigsaw puzzle ever. Putting things in order reminds you how much power you have to shape your life.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: The day has the potential to be either good or bad. Even though you're stuck at the office, work issues don't play a decisive role. What matters is whether or not you let personal problems cloud your every thought.
● Finances: Being social doesn't have to break your budget, and spending too much time alone is making you dull. Getting your energy back is a good investment of your time and your money. Let yourself be energized by other people.
● Love: Duplicity is on the rise, and it's coming from someone you least expect. That's why it's up to you to practice extra diligence in your dating endeavors. Reframe questions; ask for clarification. If you get that icky feeling, don't stick around.
● General: Yesterday was a good day, and today is sure to be a good day too! You are in the midst of a wonderful phase of good energy and happiness -- even the grumpiest of people will make you smile. At worst, they might get a sigh out of you, but that's it. Embrace all of this positive energy and keep having fun with it. It's an excellent time to try to change someone's mind, so if you need someone on your side it's time to make your most persuasive speech.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: A new project or work topic rings a bell deep inside you. You're finally discussing your innermost self at work, although in a roundabout way. Enjoy being free of your mask.
● Finances: You need to stick with the program, even if you think changing tacks now will move you forward faster. The goal isn't the quickest possible profit. Just because you're not making huge progress now doesn't mean your efforts won't pay off in the not-too-distant future.
● Love: Your ability to rise above the ugliness shines big time today. While everyone is yelling and screaming at each other, you're somewhere else, above the fray. It's all about meeting new people, making friends and hooking up with hotties. Let everyone else battle it out.
● General: Things are going well for you now, but they might not be moving forward fast enough. Your impatience is starting to get you feeling antsy, and even a little bit worried. The temptation is there to push things along a little bit faster -- but that's not the right thing to do right now. Just keep doing what you're doing. Trust that things will take care of themselves. Everything is moving at the right speed, and you are right where you need to be. Believe it, and relax.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: You're not a pickpocket, exactly, but you're tempted to take what doesn't belong to you. Don't think for a second that an unusual minor detail gives you that kind of license.
● Finances: You're more interested in your intellect than in your wallet. If you could be lost in thought all day without a single reminder of money, you'd be perfectly happy. Let yourself let go of your financial concerns and drift off.
● Love: An unsullied relationship is a good relationship. So if a love interest asks to borrow money, consider your options carefully. Nothing will ruin a blossoming romance faster than a loan gone sour. And pay attention to the circumstance -- this could be a definite red flag.
● General: You've been too tough on yourself over the past few days, and today you have got to cut yourself some slack. Okay, so you forgot someone's birthday -- it happens! Just send belated good wishes and there will be no hard feelings. People give you the benefit of the doubt and know that you've had a lot going on for a while now. One misstep doesn't have to get you off track for the rest of the day. You have the grace required to ask for forgiveness -- and then just keep humming along!
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Watch out for interactions with colleagues -- if you want to have a productive day, that is. There's always at least one who wants to bend your ear or waste your time. Keep busy instead.
● Finances: Your money worries and your personal problems may not seem to match, but they are all rolled up in the whole ball of wax. The ideal solution imaginable could be yours -- only if you recognize it. Until you do, follow your mood.
● Love: Money's tight, but it's not your responsibility to keep the office lunch wagon afloat. So when your coworkers pass the basket for yet another birthday or shower, it's okay to decline, especially if you don't know the person well. Don't feel guilty for your own self-preservation.
● General: Feeling confused about a decision you have to make? If you need more clarity in your thinking, you simply need to make time for it. As early as you can today, get a handle on your schedule and clear out an hour or two of free time. Once your time issues are settled, your vision will become much more clear -- and you may see that what you used to think were problems are really just intriguing new puzzles to solve. Before this day is over, you will know what tomorrow brings.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Communication at the office is a tricky thing. What you say is just as important as how you say it. You can never just cut to the chase, so practice beating around the bush with finesse.
● Finances: Your energy levels fluctuate with your bank account. Extremes in either are best avoided but don't wrap your feelings so tightly around your money. Regardless, dealing with things in a methodical, plodding way is your best approach to all life today.
● Love: Don't be surprised if you're invited to a wedding or other RSVP-required event. If the invitation says your name only, don't ask the host whether you can bring a date or a guest -- that's rude. Instead, attend solo. You'll definitely meet someone else who's going stag, too.
● General: Feel free to express yourself honestly and openly today. Go on -- show everyone you meet today just how unique you are. Don't be afraid to raise a few eyebrows in the process, either! Fading into the background and not making any waves might make the day go along more smoothly, but it will also set you up for some boring times. Let your freak flag fly. Break out with an idea that is just so nutty it might work! You'll be surprised by how many people find your attitude refreshing.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: An intellectual connection with a colleague makes most directions seem like stating the obvious. This is simply not so with all your coworkers. Don't assume you have the same spark with everybody at the office.
● Finances: You know enough to not get upset by the ups and downs of your finances. The horizon line is where you focus your attention, and that's an especially valuable approach today. If a dip gets you emotional, at least you know your reaction is as temporary as the numbers are.
● Love: You shouldn't feel guilty or bad about saying no. In fact, embrace your freedom and ability to stand on your own two feet. Time is tight, so when you're asked to take on more work, consider declining the offer. You need plenty of social space right now.
● General: Challenge yourself today. Not only will you rise to any occasion, but you will exceed your own highest expectations. You are in a prime position to push things in a new direction -- you're quick to learn, you're open to the unfamiliar, and your mind will be able to prioritize what matters the most. So get busy looking for something that will keep your brain humming. Feed your intellect, get your heart pumping, and you are sure to have a very exciting day.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Your boss may wonder just what's going on. When clarity dissolves, you have no choice but to be vague. Just how carefully you word things is your key to a solid day.
● Finances: Imagine a movie where there was no suspense and nothing bad ever happened. It would hardly be worth the price of the ticket. The same is true for your life. Instead of getting stressed out by the numbers today, look at it as entertaining.
● Love: Shiny, tuned-up conversation skills come in really handy on the dating trail. Arm yourself with at least three things to talk about in case the conversation dries up. Reread the person's online ad before you meet -- you'll find a goldmine of ideas there.