Free Daily Horoscope - August 2 2016
● General: Even if you're in a sharing mood, you should try to keep all of your private things private today. So when you feel a secret start to bubble up to your lips, clam up, pipe down, and then put a lid on it! Even if you merely drop a few hints to your closest friends, you might accidentally give a huge secret away that needs to be kept quiet. You can't afford to take any chances, so you might want to spend the day by yourself as much as you can. It's not a great day for heart to heart talks!
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: Your earning ability isn't keeping up with the number of possessions you want. By the time you can afford them, they'll be antiques. That's one way of looking at it. The other is to persevere, knowing your hard work will eventually pay off.
● Finances: If moving back home is your biggest nightmare, then use the thought as your biggest motivator. The need for action has never been more critical than right now. Conjure up images of financial doom, imagine future riches -- do whatever it takes to get a move on.
● Love: Is it love? Probably not. Lust is more like it. Don't confuse sex with love -- they're not the same. You're better off playing it cool for now and keeping your expectations low. You'll know where this is headed soon, but for the time being, just enjoy the intensity.
● General: Being the good friend you are, you usually give a friend the benefit of the doubt if they say something that sounds rude or weird. You let it go and assume you heard them wrong or they meant something else. But today, you need to follow up on any odd behavior. It could be a symptom of a bigger issue. If a friend is acting out of character, don't just assume they woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Ask them what's going on with them. Chances are, they have been waiting to tell you.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: You have an enormous amount of energy and nothing to spend it on. Sitting at a desk does that to a body. Getting the job done will leave you feeling good, but you'll never hold still long enough to get there without some exercise. First things first.
● Finances: If you had only a single to your name, would you keep it in your wallet, under your mattress or in a frame on the wall? You're not at that point just yet, but you may be some day soon. Start figuring out what funds can be moved where.
● Love: The fundamentals of language don't seem all that important at first glance, but when you're trying to make a sight-unseen first impression, grammar and spelling mean everything. Check your online profile, text messages and emails for mistakes.
● General: It is time to get totally flirtatious today. You've been making eye contact and smiling wide with that cutie for a while now, and where has it gotten you? Maybe a jolt of excitement here and there, but no real progress has been made. Luckily, there is no better time than today to kick it up a notch! Linger a little bit longer with that eye contact. Say 'hello' instead of just smiling. Ask about their weekend. Start some harmless small talk and just see where it goes.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: With all the information coming in, your main job is to filter out fact from fiction. You need to look at the source -- that is obvious. But go deeper than that. With a bit of focus, you'll unearth what someone wants to remain a secret.
● Finances: Being tight with money is all the rage, and you are a natural at it. You're even better at being thrifty than you were at being a spendthrift. Too bad it's just to get by instead of to get ahead, but don't waste time kicking yourself over being late to the game.
● Love: Your take on a certain someone is a bit shortsighted -- in this case, there's way more going on than meets the eye. So don't get caught in the details. No, you won't find exactly what you're looking for, but that's no reason to pass this one up.
● General: Today's a great day to shake up your world and step out of your oh-so-comfortable comfort zone. There is little risk involved in moving outside your normal circle of friends, and a lot of potential reward. Focus on the friendships you haven't quite solidified yet, and see if one of these people has some time to give you. Your sense of humor matches theirs, and the two of you have a lot of shared experiences. It's time to explore them together. Expose yourself to a new way of thinking.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: You can almost taste the salty air. Yep, the visual that motivates you is: You at the helm of a ship. So do whatever you have to conjure up the image. Then be a captain to your colleagues.
● Finances: Your money won't double overnight, but that doesn't mean there won't be any noticeable growth in your equity. You're starting to notice more than little changes, too. The new growth feels like Spring no matter what time of year it is. Enjoy.
● Love: Your enthusiasm knows no limits right now -- and that's a great thing. You'll charm the heck out of just about anyone who meets your gaze (and what a gaze it is!) Absolutely mesmerizing. So go home and clean up your love pad -- you may be sharing it with someone later.
● General: You share common goals with a very important person, and you should let them know that they can count on you today. Let them know that you are on their team, ready to jump in and get to work whenever they need you to -- and make sure you mean it! Follow-through is essential when you're dealing with influential folks. Teamwork is not only a great morale booster, but it's a great way to build better relationships with people who can help you get further in your career.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: There's a fine line between being motivated and being greedy. You're about to cross it. Finish all the projects already on your desk before you raise your hand for more.
● Finances: Try looking at the last year and a half as a controlled burn, even if you were the one in control. Your money will grow back because of what you've been through. And that's only the financial aspect of the renewal ahead.
● Love: Leave your keys at home and travel on foot as much as possible today. The action is at eye level. Take that extra time to explore your world -- reach out to the community, chat it up with a stranger. Interesting situations beget interesting situations.
● General: One of your friends is behaving badly, and they aren't going to listen to your common-sense advice today. They are in no mood for cold logic -- they just want good times and zero responsibilities. And it might be time to just let them get their way and see for themselves where their attitude will lead them. You cannot be in charge of someone else's life -- it puts you in a position you don't deserve to be in. It also gives the other person a reason to not take you seriously.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Your favorite lunchtime diner might not feel quite so cozy if you find yourself stuck there for dinner. In other words, do what you have to in order to wrap up your work during normal business hours.
● Finances: You need to keep your finances as organized as your social life. You wouldn't let friends and family come and go haphazardly, would you? Don't let your money filter through your life in a hit or miss way, either. Be as systematic with your payments and deposits as you are with your calendar.
● Love: You're all froth and no substance lately -- it's like an inability to engage. And it's not necessarily a bad thing either. When you find something striking, you'll get into the mode. But until then, you're more than happy to sit back and let life float on by.
● General: To get some insight on your latest problem, find another person you can share your confusion with. A coworker could be the best choice, because they can be more objective than a loved one or close friend might be able to be. They can give you a different perspective you might not have considered, and while they might not say everything you want to hear, their words will help you make the best decisions. Know who to go to in certain situations. Friends are not always the answer.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Problems with coworkers lie just beneath the surface, and they're making you act like a diva. Cooperation is key, today and every day. You and your colleagues are singing a duet. Don't let your voice drown out the others.
● Finances: Your routine went out the window a long, long time ago and you haven't come up with a new one yet. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The lack of order kind of energizes you. As long as you aren't losing track of where your money is going, keep the rest of your life free flowing.
● Love: Someone's mind isn't exactly made up about you yet -- are you or aren't you 'the one?' Whoa! That's a huge commitment. You're not interested in being anyone's 'the one.' For you, it's about having a good time. If the other person's headed down the aisle, now's the time to slip away.
● General: Before you get involved in anything new today, take some time to make sure you know what you're doing. Read the instructions (and don't forget the small print, it's the most important). Ask any questions that are lingering in your mind. You simply can't take things at face value right now -- there is just too much uncertainty around you, and you need to stay one step ahead. There is always more to the story, and it's definitely in your best interest to find out what that is.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: You and a certain colleague are like oil and water. But which one of you is being slippery? Don't be the underhanded one, no matter how much antagonism you may feel.
● Finances: Don't dip into despair just yet. You might not be getting rich, but you're actually getting exactly what you want, even if you don't know it. Go over conversations of the recent past and you'll find a hidden gem. It has not do with money in only the most roundabout of ways.
● Love: Make sure you're sending direct, clear messages right now -- no wishy-washy stuff. It's too easy for a blossoming love interest to misread you. That's why it's best to talk over the phone or face to face. Emails and texts are rife with misunderstandings.
● General: Today, if you can be more flexible, you can be more powerful. Refusing to budge in your position or move your schedule around closes you off to too many things -- and can give you a bad reputation with people. Push things away that confuse or frustrate you, and you could be depriving yourself of an amazing growth opportunity. So leave your comfort zone behind and open up your mind to the idea that nothing is for sure. Roll with the punches and know that no matter what happens, you'll handle it.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: There's no escaping the inevitable. If you don't take care of the details now, you'll be forced to deal with them later. Buckle down and accept them as part of your responsibilities.
● Finances: Life doesn't like to have things mismatched. If you're working and working and not getting anywhere, you may want to look around for a better fit. Admitting putting your chips on the wrong number is the biggest step.
● Love: The time you spend en route is time well spent, especially if you're with another person. Maximize your drive or commute. Use this as an opportunity to discuss new ideas and opportunities. It's a great way to expand your scope of interaction.
● General: All you have to do when faced with a challenge today is concentrate! Keep your eye on the ball, and you will be sure to win. The goal you have in your sights right now is yours to lose, so do not worry about anyone taking the power out of your hands or ruining things for you. Just to make yourself feel better, try to avoid flighty people who say one thing and then do another. You don't need them adding to your frustration level, even if they are harmless.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Are you really a disciplined person? Don't just consider the basics. Being conscientious means more than just showing up for work. Stay focused. Do a thorough job.
● Finances: You don't want to deal with anything new. Even the good things can take a bit of getting used to. Resisting is what comes naturally to you right now, but what you're holding onto as a security blanket is pretty threadbare. You're beginning to look like a cosmic pauper.
● Love: You'll renounce an important piece of your history either today or in the near future. Most likely it has something to do with a past relationship -- you're ready to let go of it. Completion is an excellent goal to pursue; finish this one thing once and for all.
● General: It's not a good day for moving around. Wherever you try to go, you can expect long lines, bad traffic, and unpleasant conditions. If you can stay close to home today, then do it. There's a lot out there to keep you entertained -- and perhaps even one or two little chores that you need to take care of? Going out into the world can be an adventure, but right now it will feel a lot more like a hassle. If you can get a friend or sweetie to hang out with you, all the better.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Face it, you're bored. But have you forgotten the best medicine for that? Learning something new will reignite your passion for the job. Start gathering information.
● Finances: You go from overreacting to over-thinking at the drop of a dime. Your reactions say a lot more about your state of mind than they do about the state of your financial affairs, though. Try to find the middle ground and stay in it.
● Love: Mediocrity doesn't suit you at all, so why are you settling? Whether it's a person or a job, you know you deserve better. So don't cop out or justify your decision. Excuses and rationalizations fall on deaf ears. You know what you have to do, so do it.
● General: An issue might pop up around the house today, and if it does you need to make it your first priority! This problem represents a real change that you need to make in yourself. For example, if there is conflict with roommates over cleanliness, you need to get rid of the clutter in your life. Throwing out garbage doesn't only refer to coffee grounds, kitty litter, and empty pizza boxes! Your negative feelings and self-doubt need to get tossed to the curb too -- and now is a great time to do it.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Colleagues are more sensitive than they appear. You don't have to act like you're reciting a love letter, but do keep things on the softer side when delivering a certain piece of news.
● Finances: If what you have to do to make a dime seems tedious, then that's just your dull way of looking at it. A bit of creativity goes a long way toward improving both your bottom line and your attitude. Consider money making a form of music and see where it takes you.
● Love: It's party time right now. Nothing but social engagements and fun, fun, fun. Through all this, pay attention to your alcohol consumption. If it's crossing the line from social to necessary, it's time to slow down.