Free Daily Horoscope - August 19 2016
● General: Your energy will be strong today -- when it's working, that is. Through the day your energy is probably going to turn off and on unpredictably, but this will not distract you too much. Plus, you need to slow down anyway, and a temporary blip in your circuitry will give you the breaks throughout the day that you need. So if you suddenly feel the urge to turn off your computer and go for a walk, do it. You won't get anything done until you clear your mind.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: You're tempted to stay late again, but don't be surprised if that comes across as putting your job before your family. You can juggle both only if you give them equal weight.
● Finances: You have visions dancing in your head, but not of sugar plums. Sadly, they're of bills. You can't stop thinking about the consequences of your actions. You'll have a hard time finding any like-minded people to support you in your efforts to stay within budget this time of year.
● Love: The words 'I love you' come from left field. What? You weren't expecting this. And you don't feel the same way. If you could potentially love this person, look them straight in the eye and say 'You're great, too.' But if it's no way, Jose? It's time to end this, and fast!
● General: A lot of change and movement is not advised for you right now. Keep things where they are right now, because that is where they need to be -- whether you like it or not. Put any travel plans on hold and stay close to home, school, work or wherever you need to be. Transportation issues could upset your entire day, so if you can't get there by foot or you can't do it online, save it for another day. This static energy will only last for a little while, though.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: You could use a break but have so much to do! Too bad today wouldn't make a good personal day. Stick to business and hold on another two days.
● Finances: You know you're supposed to be feeling all warm and giving, but you just can't muster it. This is one time when throwing money at the problem might actually help. Treat yourself to a nice present. It will cheer you up and prime the pump.
● Love: Whether you're at a new job or one you've been at forever, you feel like a square peg trying to fit into the round hole. Pay attention to your attitude -- you never go anywhere with anyone. The next time invitation come 'round, hop at the chance to hang out.
● General: If you feel like you're working hard to help others but no one seems to be appreciating your efforts, so what? If helping others was your true motivation, then why do you need recognition? If you're just trying to be good in order to get credit in someone's eyes, stop. There is no point in being kind unless you mean it. Not only will the act fail to impress people, the charade will cause you a lot of stress. Just be you and if that means being a little bit selfish, so be it.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Working with others is an art form. If you can't manage to get everyone on the same page, you and your project will just be held back. Learn to get along with colleagues.
● Finances: Your budget this year is fundamentally different from last year's. Whether you have drastically less to work with or radically more, you hardly know how to accomplish your short-term goals. Even though it all feels foreign to you, remind yourself that the basic activity is still the same.
● Love: Food is an excellent way to branch out and meet new people right now. Russian, Thai, German, Ethiopian -- whatever it is, experiment with a type of cuisine you've never tried. Plus, just think of the multi-cultural hotties you'll encounter during this gastronomical adventure!
● General: You'll get a better idea of how someone truly feels about you today because they're starting to get a lot bolder in their actions! This new awareness will be a little bit confusing, but very exciting! After they have let you know what they're feeling, you need to let them know how you are feeling -- and if you're not quite sure how you feel, tell them that. Being honest is not the same as being definitive. Give yourself time to let all of this sink in.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: You may need to deal with something important, even if you can't be bothered to come out of your cubicle to do it. If you just can't face the rest of the office, then rely on email.
● Finances: This time of year is chock full of lessons to be learned. Being flexible is an important one. If you've ever cried because you didn't get what you want, you know what that lesson is all about. It's okay to shed a little tear as you keep your wallet in your purse or pocket.
● Love: Knowledge is power. So devote a few hours a week to learning a new subject. Whether it's Latin grammar or environmental issues, throw yourself into the process 100 percent. Find clubs and other organizations devoted to your field. It's a fabulous way to make conversation and meet new cuties.
● General: Your enthusiasm is vital for your team or circle of friends today. People are looking to you for guidance on whether or not to get involved in something, and if they see that you are up for it, then they will be too. Your influence is growing, and with it your responsibilities grow too. You've got to be ready to be a leader at any moment -- so be aware that everything you do is sending a message out to those who are watching, especially powerful people.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: There's not exactly a fine line between making a good impression and being a brown-noser. In fact, there's actually a very wide line. So if you're even close to crossing it, rethink your approach, and fast.
● Finances: Issues with what you and those around you buy are really symptoms of larger relationship problems. So no matter what good solutions you come up with or how flexible you are with it, you're not addressing the real problem. But that can be put off for another day.
● Love: You're dealing with lots of social engagements lately, but you'd rather spend time alone. If you're undecided, don't commit to anything. Even if you RSVP, you can always decide not to go. That's the great thing about your life: You're in control of it.
● General: It's time to learn how to live with more ambiguity in your social life. You don't always have to know all the details about where, when and how something is going down in order to have fun! So today, let someone else take care of all the party planning while you go off and enjoy exploring something new. It might feel weird taking a different role in the group, but it will also be much more exciting. You'll be surprised by what the other people cook up, and you'll probably end up loving it.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Some days all your hard work pays off when you get your paycheck, and other days all you need is some positive feedback. You won't get either today, so keep slogging onward.
● Finances: Now is not the time to expect a regular routine of any kind. The only thing you can count on not being any different is your budget. This poses problems of a unique kind right now, but nothing you can't figure out if you reorganize.
● Love: Play it safe no more! You've been doing it all your life and look at where you're at -- not as far as you thought you'd be! If you aspire to more, much more, it's time to take a risk. Break out of approval-seeking mode and into life-living mode. Seek like-minded mentors.
● General: It's easy to push past the limits today -- the limits set for you by family members, coworkers, and even your own imagination are no match for your determination! You can get out of following the rules by coming up with your own set of guidelines. Who says you have to wake up at a certain time and finish work by a certain time? Make your own schedule and tell folks not to worry. You are sure to excel when you have all of this freedom. You can't live your life by following other people's patterns.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: You're depressed about something mundane, like weight. Sometimes it pays to spend. If your fridge at home isn't stocked with what you need to eat a balanced diet, then don't bring a bag lunch. By all means, eat lunch out.
● Finances: You have an intellectual connection with someone but you usually don't enjoy their company. All that changes today. A surprise gesture like a simple gift suddenly helps you understand them as never before. The price of the gifts isn't what causes the revelation.
● Love: When it comes to the office, it's not about the amount of work you take on -- it's about the quality of your current workload. So set some boundaries. Say no to new projects for the time being. If you're in the habit of saying yes when you mean no, make a mental note.
● General: Questioning authority is usually a shrewd thing for you to do, but right now you need to trust the people who are making the tough decisions. Combating them will be a waste of your time, and could create drama that is distracting rather than helpful. Those in power know more about the situation than you know, so your worries could be based more on fear than on fact. Give these folks a chance to impress you. They will remind you why they are in charge in the first place.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Something in your equation is missing. Ambition alone won't get you where you want to be, nor will ambition plus willpower. Add working well with colleagues to your get-rich-quick plan. Then subtract the 'quick.'
● Finances: There is more than one way to restore harmony at home. You have more important issues to address than rearranging the furniture. But if that's how you choose to address your problems, at least you won't be wasting any money doing it.
● Love: No wonder you're walking around feeling icky and skeeved out. You flake out, then never apologize or deal with the issue. Stress from conflict is poisonous to your self-esteem. It's time to get in the habit of confronting issues immediately, especially in the dating world.
● General: When you see a chance to get ahead today, take it! The time for being conservative with your actions is over. If you want to make a mark at work, catch the eye of that cutie, or just get a better seat on the bus, you've got to make it happen. Stop waiting for others to invite you. Now you've got to reach out and become a part of the action, not a passive viewer. Right now you are meant to be proactive and aggressive. You simply must go out and get what you want.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Redefine your way of thinking. Being conservative is holding you back. Let yourself express your individuality and come up with some original ideas to put in the bank.
● Finances: Make sure to keep both your mind and ears open. A minor conversation with a total stranger can change your whole attitude about yourself and your moneymaking abilities. All you have been missing has been someone to point out the obvious.
● Love: You knock everyone else's ideas because you don't think much of yours. Negativity is not the way to Xanadu! Instead of talking smack, why not help someone succeed? Lend a hand, listen up or throw a few compliments their way. Soon you'll feel great about yourself.
● General: Lengthy conversations are the name of the game today -- starting them and continuing them with the people you love most. Feel free to be more inquisitive and ask a lot of questions that you might usually find too prying. Your favorite friends, family members and coworkers won't mind opening up a little bit more with you. In fact, they are eager to let you know more about who they are. Skip the small talk and go for a deeper connection. You will impress others with your honesty and conviction.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: You may not be getting any recognition. In fact, you're not even close. But on the other hand, you are close to the weekend, so just keep working hard towards both.
● Finances: Worrying won't help you. Your financial arrangements may go wrong, but then again, they may go right. Don't let nagging insecurities and fears push you to consider a scheme instead of a plan. Your financial future, like everything else in your life, is tied to your integrity.
● Love: The key to motivation is loving your life, and that's simply not the case. No wonder you can't get out of bed in the morning. Create goals and meet people who inspire you. Drunken barroom wisdom isn't enough. Substantial relationships and opportunities will sustain you.
● General: Expect some very rewarding news to come your way today -- your progress has been more significant than you thought and there are some very happy people around you! If people give you praise that seems too enthusiastic, so what? Don't try and fight it -- try to sit back and enjoy it. It's not very often that credit is given where credit is due, so you need to appreciate it when it happens. It all balances out -- there will be future days when your hard work won't be noticed.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: You risk flailing away all day long and accomplishing nothing. Don't let subliminal stuff get between you and a disciplined day. Demons or no demons, keep your head down and stay focused on your work.
● Finances: Why wait for New Year's Eve? You can instigate changes in your spending habits right now. It's not the most convenient time to begin, but you have more to gain than to lose by starting now. He who hesitates is lost -- and so is their money.
● Love: You're too keyed up today -- same goes for your communication style. It'll work against you. So make sure the conversation stays fun and fresh. If you come across overly serious, you'll send this person running the other way. Don't over do it.
● General: Being aggressive is not the same thing as being abrasive -- you can push harder to get what you want without turning into an angry or annoying person! Especially today, when you have a great wave of positive energy all around you. If you step up and ask for something you need, you'll get good reactions. People want to help you, and they are waiting to hear what you need them to do. It's easy to sit back and say nothing, waiting for people to do things. But it doesn't guarantee you'll get what you want.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: You need a leader, and your coworkers are less than useless. Don't be proud. Look outside the immediate group for some much-needed direction.
● Finances: It's hard to focus on today because you are already salivating over the prospects of the New Year. Daydreaming about the future is fine in small doses, but all of your visions of prosperity are unrealistic if you're not open to changing your habits. Start now.
● Love: Don't be surprised if some late-breaking drama unfolds before the end of the day. Your best bet? Stay out of it. Even if the situation calls for more hands on deck, you're better off focusing on your work.