Free Daily Horoscope - August 18 2016
● General: It can be hard to stay grounded and keep your hopes high at the same time, but if anyone can pull off this type of emotional gymnastics today, it's you! Cautious optimism is the goal of the day, and it's a goal you can reach easily. You know how to keep yourself from getting your heart too set on a certain outcome, so trust that. You know that perfection is impossible, so if you are getting excited, let yourself get excited! It would be a shame to waste an opportunity to be so hopeful.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: If you thought colleagues could be a bit insensitive, you ain't seen nothing yet. It's a whole new ballgame today. This is one piece of office culture you don't want to pick up and take with you to your next job, so block it all out.
● Finances: It doesn't take all the riches in the world to achieve your goals. In fact, it doesn't take any more than what you already have. Thinking otherwise is just another delaying tactic. Get to work accomplishing what really matters.
● Love: You're shining so brightly today, unfortunately, you must defer to someone who's less knowledgeable and fabulous than you. Don't pout -- do what you can to help this person. Even if your efforts go unnoticed, you've returned some of that good energy to the universe.
● General: While having a little more discipline in your life doesn't sound like fun, it could actually end up inviting more excitement into your life. Having rules and schedules to follow doesn't have to feel stifling -- if you just see things from another perspective, these rules will actually help simplify things and give you a clear idea of the path you should be on. Playing around and goofing off is fun, but is it really getting you anywhere? Distraction is just keeping you going in circles.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Don't let your active subconscious go to waste. It's giving you some valuable material. Your biggest challenge is weeding out the glittery fool's gold from the real nuggets.
● Finances: No matter what you do, it's like money down the drain with some people. Don't waste your time, energy or money on someone who just makes you feel weird. You have more important things on your mind than figuring out why someone or something rubs you the wrong way.
● Love: You're usually anything but tacky, so don't go dropping names, especially if you're trying to impress a hottie. Sure, it's helpful to know people in high places, but don't abuse the privilege. Get as far as you can on your own volition. Otherwise, the maneuvering will backfire.
● General: Thanks to your ability to see things from other people's perspectives, you make a great partner -- and lots of people are noticing. They've seen how people who work with you tend to do very well. They know how you give credit where credit it due, and this type of fairness is in high demand -- thus, you will be in high demand. You can afford to be choosy about who you align yourself with, so don't just hook up with the first person who asks for your involvement.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Wondering if you can produce? The end result isn't entirely out of your hands. You can deliver a better product with cooperation than you will by working on your own. So find colleagues who come from the same angle.
● Finances: Thinking only of the cost is too cerebral and intellectual an approach. On the other hand, you don't want to break the bank on the first purchase when you have so much more to buy. A bit of heart and a bit of common sense, in the right proportion, is what you need.
● Love: A casual comment will take you places you didn't know possible -- what started out as an idea has turned into a mission. Hop on this crazy ride and take it 'til the end. You'll meet a few freewheelin' whackos along the way -- a few eccentrics in tow are good for your image.
● General: It takes patience to achieve balance in your life, sometimes, so if you are feeling a little bit out of whack today, breathe through it. Things are going just fine. Sure, certain details aren't making you smile, but if you step back and look at your life as a whole, things are pretty awesome. Late in the day, you will get some very interesting news that will distract you from whatever unpleasantness have been on your mind. A celebration might be in order.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Being self-nurturing means more than staying at your desk and licking your wounds. Sometimes being out there is healthier than holing up in your cubicle. Pluck up your courage and emerge.
● Finances: The key to pleasing others is to do what they like, not what you like, and the price tag doesn't change a thing. That's a lesson worth more than gold, especially for someone like you. Take a step back from your emotional response and remember that some things are about making others tick.
● Love: Your soul mate is out there -- it's just a matter of connecting. And that centers around money today. So go where the cash is. Whether it's a trip to the bank or a short course on investing, you'll expose yourself to a great mix of cash-savvy cuties.
● General: Watch out for the people who are trying to quiet you down today -- they are probably more afraid that what you say will make them look bad than anything else. You can't let their insecurities stop you from shining, so go forward with whatever your plans were, no matter what the worrywarts say. You can make a good impression by sticking to your guns and not succumbing to fear -- even if your conviction is mostly an act. Bluffing is a legitimate tactic, and if you have to use it today, use it!
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: You are all fired up to try something new, but what? Don't let all that energy go to waste. Do some exploring, and don't stop until you find a challenging project to burn it all off.
● Finances: You might not be able to buy exactly what you want, but you can buy its equivalent if you're willing. Looking left and right for a substitute is not the same as looking down, either, so don't even think of it as too much of a compromise.
● Love: You're extremely animated and oh so irresistible today -- you couldn't make a bad move if you tried. So go all out -- over the top even. Dress outrageous, say something fantastic or try the unexpected. Don't hold out on that hottie who's been noticing you, either.
● General: Healthy dissent is critical if you ever want to make your group's process better. Those in charge are wise enough to value good criticism and they can handle your honesty -- so let them have it today. After all, how can they fix something when no one will let them know what's not working right? Stop taking the rules at face value and look at things more objectively. You'll soon have some good suggestions about how to make things better. Share them and you'll be more valuable.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: You can hardly wait for five o'clock, and the day has hardly begun when the countdown starts. But no matter how badly you want to get out and go, don't let yourself out of your responsibilities.
● Finances: All your usual interactions feel a bit different now. The entire world, in fact, seems unusual in its response to you. You're made to feel like a million buck in all of your interactions with others, from those you know right down to the cashiers you pay for your morning coffee. Enjoy the heart-warming ambiance.
● Love: Now's a great time to be a straight shooter. Little white lies and exaggerations could make you look like the biggest cretin ever. So say it like it is, even if it's not as cool. The truth won't matter tomorrow, but a misstatement of fact will linger in the minds of others.
● General: Reach out to a sad or depressed friend today -- they need some help getting a smile back on their face, and you make it easy. Spend some time with them out exploring the world. Show them some of the new places and activities that excite you. They may not feel like coming out right away, but if you turn on the charm and convince them of all the fun the two of you will have, they'll change their mind. You know how to show someone a good time better than most.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Words aren't everything. You must communicate in just the right way. If you want good responses back, saying less but with a more expressive face is your most winning approach.
● Finances: It's easy to get along well with other people. In fact, everyone you meet is in the same good mood you are today. It's the kind of feeling you would gladly pay for on a regular basis, but it just can't be bought or sold. Enjoy it while it lasts.
● Love: Confidence at work is your best bet right now. Even if your love life's a little off, your performance at the office will more than make up for those dating deficits. Stay the course -- Cupid will make an appearance when you least expect it.
● General: You haven't been in too much of a hurry to reach your goals lately, because your ambition has been taking a nap. That's perfectly fine, but today you are going to start to feel like stirring things up and putting a few more challenges in your path. You are getting antsy! Luckily, you should get a tiny taste of power. It will be so delicious that you'll want to know where you can get some more! Ask around to see if anyone needs helps on an impossible task. You're up for it!
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Your life should be a net of choices, woven into one. So if something at work goes against your personal philosophy, don't hesitate to say 'no way.' Just be sure to do it in a professional manner.
● Finances: Don't let silly things disrupt your sense of harmony with your family. On the other hand, staying within budget is not a silly thing. You're either forced to say no to someone or someone else is saying you can't buy what you want. Either way, work on handling the situation with finesse.
● Love: Nothing makes you cringe like a good compliment. Why can't you accept the nice things other say? Take it in stride. Someone is really impressed with your work and feels compelled to flatter you. Accept it graciously.
● General: It's too bad they don't make a shopping bug repellent, because you're going to get bitten by that bug today! If you lack the power to resist it completely, then at least do your shopping in a place that won't melt your credit cards. How about visiting a vintage store or thrift store? It's sure to offer a few hidden gems, plus a free walk down memory lane when you encounter half of your old record collection! You don't have to buy things to have fun.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Don't let your office job take over your entire life. Friendship is mandatory for the added boost of confidence you need -- not to mention necessary for your happiness. Start planning your weekend today.
● Finances: It's easy to talk to strangers today, and for the next couple of weeks, too. Everyone is in the same good mood you are. It's fun to treat everyone you meet as a long lost friend, and you get the royal treatment too wherever you go. Take advantage of the opportunity to connect.
● Love: Don't be surprised if a friend or coworkers come to you with a problem you experienced long ago. What a great choice! You have just the right words to put them at ease. Now you're living life, being of service to your fellow humans.
● General: Your energy flow has been a little bit unpredictable lately -- which has, not surprisingly, made you grumpy and short-tempered. Luckily, today you'll start to feel a lot more stable and cheerful. Right now, you are up for anything -- and your energy will come through for you whenever you need it most. This makes today a great day for a contest that involves physical stamina or skill. You can go the distance and make things come together with a happy ending
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Discipline is more than a one-day thing. Come up with a basic structure to your days, then make this your routine. Throw in an ounce of perseverance and you can't lose.
● Finances: When it comes to money, you're always planning for the future. But right now the only future you have to worry about is the next two weeks. It's a bit late in the game to go too far out of your usual modus operandi, but changing things even a bit makes a big difference to your bottom line.
● Love: Avoid the tendency to gloat today. Compliments abound and you're strutting around like a peacock on full display. Others will quickly tire of your smugness, however. So keep it in check. If you must brag, write down your boasts and silently pat yourself on the back.
● General: Not everyone is as on top of the details today as you are, so it's not wise to expect too much from other people. The sooner you realize that you need to go it alone, the better. They are just working at their own pace and abilities, and you can't rush them. Instead of getting frustrated waiting for them to catch up, just go off and take care of other things. Keep yourself busy. You'll feel fewer restrictions on your options, and they will feel less pressure from you.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: If only making connections was as simple as shaking hands! But it goes deeper than that. Show your interest in ways that aren't so straightforward if you want to expand your network.
● Finances: It's a good time to think about making serious changes. Not for this year, but as a way to start off on the right foot next year. Try spending less and saving more. Consider it practice, even if you don't see much of a dent in your financial situation for the moment.
● Love: Stick to your commitment. A person or event will create a seemingly innocuous adjustment to a longstanding plan. Even if the alternative sounds like a better option, it isn't. Don't let all that awesome hard work go to waste. Stay with the tried and true.
● General: An authority figure in your life will be acting a little bit strange and distant today, but try not to take it too personally. They might be more concerned with their own issues than with mentoring you or challenging you to do your best right now, but that doesn't mean they have forgotten how much they owe you. And it doesn't mean they won't be back to normal soon. Find a director or other leader who can help you out while this other person is distracted.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: If your boss thinks they know better than you, then you have to defer. But then again, if they don't know what you're up to in the first place... you get the idea. Staying mum is the best way to get things accomplished your way, today.
● Finances: Daydreaming about the future is a lot more than the silly activity it normally is. You need a break from the day to day so you can see clearly what you want your life to look like. Don't wait any longer to make your financial resolutions.
● Love: You haven't been able to see the end, but alas, you finally catch a glimmer of hope today. All of a sudden, all these hotties are staring and smiling your way. The conclusion of the dry spell is fast approaching, so fix your tie or fluff your hair because fate is waiting!