Free Daily Horoscope - August 15 2016
● General: It's a great day to get back in touch with your culinary skills! Your creativity is itching for a way to express itself, and food is a wonderful medium for expression. Being in the kitchen will give you time to relax. Let your mind wander as you concentrate on whipping up a delicious dinner for your favorite person tonight -- especially if that favorite person is you! You don't always need to use creativity for the benefit of other people, you know!
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: You're feeling more introverted than usual. It's either from having a fantastic time or a horrid one. Whatever the outcome is, you need the day to digest it all, not to mention prepare for tomorrow.
● Finances: Your drive doesn't go into neutral. If anything, you are revving the motor trying to get as much accomplished as you can under the wire. You don't need to slow down just yet, either. Keep focusing on the payoff.
● Love: Don't be surprised if someone from your past continues to haunt you. Regret? Guilt? Yep, you feel all of it. This is wasted time and energy. A day will come when realizations and lessons will set your world ablaze. Learn to feel gratitude for those days gone by.
● General: Getting involved in something cultural doesn't require you to fly to another country or even go to another part of your town. It's as easy as flipping the channels on your television or radio! Music and entertainment from other cultures might be confusing to you at first, but if you pay attention long enough you're bound to be fascinated. Your mind is wide open and it wants to get new input from new places. Curiosity has always been one of your more useful traits. Follow it today.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: You're suddenly as possessive of your personal relationships as you are of your office projects. Calm down on both fronts. Deep emotions are laudable but no one needs or wants that kind of intensity.
● Finances: Making travel plans now is a huge mistake, money-wise. You hesitated and now you'll lose. Money, that is. If you don't mind paying full price, then make firm plans. If not, hope for a small miracle on a great deal.
● Love: When things start to feel a bit stale (and they are) in a particular situation or relationship, it's time to start over. Easy? Not! It'll take some forgiving, forgetting and letting go to infuse your life with change. Don't give up until the miracle happens.
● General: Today could pan out well for you, or it could pan out not so well for you. The outcome depends on the way you chose to react to the day's news. The best way to ensure that things go brightly is to stay positive. Visualize the way you want things to go down and do whatever you can to make them manifest that way. Show the universe how you want things to be, and it might just follow along. Avoid negative people who like to focus on things that are wrong, and you're likely to stay more cheerful yourself.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Are you really feeling slower or are you acting that way to be willful? Don't drag your feet just to kick up some dust. Imagine what you would do in a more professional setting. Then do it.
● Finances: You may feel that the comings and goings of others are holding you back. True, it's about the time of year to expect everyone to either disappear or slack off, but that doesn't mean you have to. Start figuring out which things you can accomplish alone and tackle them.
● Love: Get in the middle of the action and have some fun. Bowling is totally where it's at. So grab a few friends and head to the bowling alley. It's a fantastic yet safe place to socialize and meet new people. Plus, you'll get a little exercise while you're at it.
● General: You can't have everything in your life exactly way you want it right now -- your life has to be all about give and take for the time being, at least. It's not that your have been acting selfishly, but you shouldn't be hesitant to give in here and there, or to sacrifice a few things you don't absolutely need -- it will end up helping you appreciate what you have all the more. Making this sacrifice could go a long way toward impressing the people you need to impress.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: If you were feeling this indecisive at work, you definitely would hold off on signing any legal documents. So don't let yourself be rushed into anything you're unsure of in your private life, either. Assert your authority.
● Finances: Everyone has their personal baggage tied around their necks like chains. There's still plenty of time to avoid their fate. Start by realizing that money isn't everything, and work your way backward from there.
● Love: Of all the senses, touch is the acutest, in a good way. It's as if every sensation sets your nerves on fire. So grab the nearest cutie and snuggle up. Or reach for someone's hand and give them a reassuring squeeze. Experience the world through feeling.
● General: There could be a lot of gossip and drama around you today, but you should try hard to rise above all of the pettiness -- there are people who let jealousy rule their intellect, and you need to avoid these poisonous people like the plague right now. You're in a highly susceptible time, when what other people do or say could influence you more than you would like it to. Stay objective and don't let someone's appearance influence what you think of them.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: For you, being self-indulgent doesn't necessarily mean being self-centered. If nurturing new shoots is how you love to spend your time off, then don't let anyone deter you. On the other hand, if collecting antiques is your thing, the flea market is calling your name.
● Finances: It's hard to make a good impression when there's no one around to impress. Make sure you spend plenty of time with other people. The effects of that quality time spent now are more valuable than any new clothes or extra degree ever could be.
● Love: A breakup is on the horizon. And if it's not happening to you, it's happening to someone close to you. The best advice you can give or receive is this: detox the gadgets. Delete this person's numbers, texts, Twitters and block their emails. Counteract nostalgia with a negative memory.
● General: In order to move past your mistakes you have to keep pushing yourself forward. The only person who is still beating you up over what you did is you -- and it's time to move on. You are not perfect, that's no mystery. But no one else is either. Set a goal today -- hold yourself to a high standard and force yourself to rise to your own expectations. Give yourself an emotional hug and start focusing on the future. You've learned from where you've been.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: You're restless, but not for the regular reasons. Some days your emotional nature leads you by the nose, but not today. An idea has hold of your intellect and you can't help but follow it as far as it takes you.
● Finances: The early stages of a project are usually where the creativity comes in, but even at this late stage of the game, you need to make some artistic changes to avoid disaster. The bottom line is looking like the wrong color the closer you get to it. Get inspired -- it's critical to success.
● Love: Working long hours again -- ahhhh. You're single and loving all the time and effort you're putting into your career. And it'll pay off big time! Shoot up the corporate ladder while you're still unattached. You'll have plenty of time in the future for sleepovers and late mornings.
● General: People are totally ready to get on board with your latest plan, but you need to remember to communicate clearly. What do you need them to do? Don't worry about insulting their intelligence -- draw them a picture if you have to. People need to be given expectations in order to feel a sense of accomplishment, so don't hold back when you are handing out the day's responsibilities. It's a sign of a good leader that you know how to delegate. Keep the big picture in mind.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: There are lots of changes happening in just twenty-four short hours. If yesterday you were interested in giving, today every penny is like a drop of your blood. Go ahead, be stingy. Conserve all that you have.
● Finances: Balancing your personal budget is weighing on you wherever you go. It's like having a marriage or relationship issue that affects your performance elsewhere. Make tackling it a priority, before it invades other areas of thought.
● Love: Your space is totally polluted with memories of the toxic duet: you and your ex. If you haven't put away all those mementos and photos, it's time to get rid of the evidence immediately. The last thing you need is a constant reminder of love gone awry. It's time to move on.
● General: You need to trust your instincts today -- especially if they tells you to avoid doing something that you usually do without a second thought! Your sudden hesitation or retreat could cause some people to be quite confused, but they will see the wisdom of your choice soon enough. And you can't let the potential reactions of other people force you to do something that doesn't feel right -- no matter how much sway they may have over your career or social life.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: You have high energy, and don't worry about burning it all off today. You can't save it for the days ahead no matter how much you conserve. Enjoy it for today.
● Finances: It's never a good day to sign on the dotted line, at least not for the near future. Keep thinking about maximizing savings and not signing on for further debt. Muster all of your willpower if that's what it takes to resist a special big-ticket item.
● Love: Put pen to paper and create a little spark. Give someone you're crushed out on a handwritten love letter. If you're not inclined to reveal the source, don't sign it. Intrigue and mystery are such a turn-on -- nothing's more fascinating than a secret admirer. They'll find out when the time's right.
● General: No matter what you're feeling when you wake up -- sad, worried, excited or nervous -- do your best to put on a happy face! Use your incredibly rich imagination to figure out a way to fake it until you feel it. There is little doubt that if you decide to show the world that you're feeling good, the world will start to give you reasons to actually feel good, deep down to your toes. People like to be nice to smiling faces, so brighten up. Put your best foot forward.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: The big picture is scary. It may be easier to be moody or shy than to face it, but you're simply putting yourself on the slow track to nowhere. If you really want to be alone, spend the time being realistic.
● Finances: It's an understatement to say you could still find ways to save a bundle. Simply by trimming any fat in your budget that's only there out of sheer laziness is a good start. Making your own lunch is only the beginning. Once you see the extra savings, you'll wonder why you thought such simple things ever seemed like hard work.
● Love: Things are totally complicated right now -- that's for sure. So it's time to simplify with a little prioritization. List the four or five things that are most important to you. Focus on cultivating more time for your passions. The rest can go on standby for now.
● General: When an authority figure tells you to do something today, do it. Now is not the time to get defensive or ask why -- now is the time to be more obedient. Trust your boss. It's important to question authority figures in order to be valuable to them, but today is not the day for major doubt. The people around you know more than you do, which is probably why they are asking you to take on more responsibilities. The only way to truly comprehend your abilities is to use them.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Yes, spend some time on introspection, but not at the expense of spending time with friends. In fact, pack in as many as you can in the remaining twenty-four hours. The workweek looms.
● Finances: Just when your plans seem to be working, you're ready to chuck them for something altogether new. Are you afraid of success or do you really have something much more lucrative in mind? That question is impossible to answer, but you've never been one to hedge your bets anyway.
● Love: Welcome a new zest for living: embrace risk, accept failure, seek challenges and pursue your dreams. You're in a fantastic mental space to energize your life. Take the next right step: write it down and talk about it with someone else who'll help you along the way.
● General: You have some excellent social and career connections, but you cannot rely on them too much right now. It's much wiser to pursue your current goals by yourself. Not only will it help you strengthen your own skills, but it will help show these folks that you don't always need them for everything -- and that will improve your stature in their eyes. It's time for you to flesh out your reputation as a mover and a shaker. Looking like a follower is not going to be good for you now.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Your sense of ambition fluctuates, depending on the day of the week. Today, you couldn't care less if you ever go back to the office. Let yourself indulge, but only for today.
● Finances: Those around you who lack your self-discipline can be amusing every now and then. Watching them flail around is one thing, but bailing them out is another. You're almost tempted. Throwing money at the situation won't get to the root of the problem, though. Only make a token offering.
● Love: If your best effort is includes lots of judgment and negativity, you're in for a long, painful day. When the agitation and disgust set in, excuse yourself and take a break. Peruse your mailbox for new messages or sign on for a quick chat -- a little cyber-interchange will work wonders!
● General: Sharing your secrets is unwise today, because someone who is known to be quite a blabbermouth will be within hearing range -- and they are looking for grist for their gossip mill. Don't let it be you! So when you're in public, stick to the topics that no one cares much about, or the ones that everyone already knows everything about. Show some discretion. Even if your news is eating you up, you know you need to wait before divulging it -- so be patient.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Emotional turmoil isn't always bad. Once all the commotion dies down, you may find yourself in a much better spot than you were in before. So go ahead, dive in, even if you're feeling unsure.
● Finances: It's okay to ask for favors every now and then. You have a friend who can pull some strings for you, and there's no honor in not taking advantage of that. You'll only be making a martyr out of yourself if you opt out of the advantages of having friends in high places.
● Love: Don't be surprised to receive an invitation to the wedding from Hades. And you know you can't get out of it. So go -- be gracious, warm and tactful. And bring a date who'll have your back, someone who understands the situation. That way you'll know at least one friendly face.