Free Daily Horoscope - August 11 2016
● General: Keep the motto 'nothing ventured, nothing gained' in mind today. Because if you want to get the most out of your life right now, you need to step out and do some riskier stuff. Nothing risky in terms of your health or the law of course, but risky in terms of your emotions. You don't necessarily have to wear your heart on your sleeve, but you should at least let someone catch a fleeting glimpse of it! Open up your shell a little bit wider and you will be rewarded.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: You have the work blahs. If you need a carrot dangling on a string to keep you going, think about something fun. Even if you have no plans, you have two more days to drum some up. And if you do have plans, celebrate!
● Finances: Some subliminal issues have been hounding you lately, but you finally start figuring things out. It's like someone lit a candle and showed you the way out of your own subconscious maze. Exactly why you spend what you do never made more sense, and that makes it easier to reign in.
● Love: Before you open up your mouth and blurt it all out, consider the consequences -- and there are always consequences. The people around you are highly sensitive today. One wrong word or glance, and it's all over. Better to say as little as possible until calmer minds prevail.
● General: Things are about to equalize in all aspects of your life, so get ready to enjoy a healthier period that will give you a stronger sense of security and confidence. You're standing on a firm foundation again, which means you can reach higher and try harder for the things you want. It's time for bolder action and bigger stakes. You are feeling totally in control and it looks like no one is standing in your way. Ignore your fears and move ahead at full steam!
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: If you're imagining romance blossoming with a colleague, it's likely just that time of year. Look outside the office for that kind of companionship. It pays to keep your work life simple.
● Finances: Money can't buy you love or friendship, but it can certainly help those types of relationships be a bit more fun. If you have it to spare, spend it. It's not a popularity contest, but you'll certainly be looked at in a new way by at least one or two of those in your circle.
● Love: You're feeling a bit greedy with your time lately. And why not? You're committed to way too many things. It's okay to say no to the serious stuff and yes to romance and fun. Relax and kick back. Call up an old flame or a new interest, and get it on!
● General: Someone you thought you were starting to take a shine to is going to disappoint you today. Something in their personality will put you off -- their arrogance is a very ugly accessory, and it's not doing much for your interest level. Crushes can be fleeting things, do don't feel shallow if their actions kill off any interest you had in them. There is no need to tolerate a rude person, no matter how attractive they are, or how powerful they may be. Just move on.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: You might have plenty to do, but all you can think about is your own personal business. Paying bills or communicating with family members monopolizes your thoughts. Give in and attend to the details.
● Finances: The slower you spend, the more time you have to think each purchase through. That means the things you buy are that much more meaningful -- and that's what really matters anyway. The extra calculating saves you money and earns you extra points.
● Love: Chatter is a whole lotta fun for you right now. You're totally in the middle of everything and the conversation centers around you. It's a great time to introduce your people to new concepts and ideas. And be a little pushy -- you sound enthusiastic, not obsessive.
● General: You can't get so obsessed with starting something new that you forget to finish up something you've been working on for a while! Things are not going smoothly with this project, but that doesn't mean you should bail on it too soon. Whatever stress is involved in tying up all these loose ends is nothing compared to the pride you will feel knowing that you were thorough and detail-oriented. Powerful people are watching, and you need to make sure they see you at your best.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: It's a good day to make plans. But then again, it's also a good day to focus on smaller, short-term details. In other words, you just can't go wrong, unless you do nothing at all.
● Finances: Just doing something isn't enough for you. You want to do it well or not at all. It's that quality that makes you a success, financial and otherwise. So if you're feeling even a tiny bit indecisive, you already know not to commit, especially when your money is involved.
● Love: Some old wounds come up today that leave you feeling like a failure. Sure you played a part, but overall, this isn't all on your shoulders. When something's not meant to happen, there's little you can do to force it to work out. Take it easy on yourself.
● General: You know that having fun does not mean you have to turn off your brain, but someone close to you might not. They are doing some stupid things in the name of having a good time. It could be time to wake them up to the dangers of what they are up to -- even if you run the risk of being seen as a wet blanket. If you care about people, you have to show them. And sometimes showing them you care means sacrificing your popularity -- temporarily. Tough love is the most valuable, sometimes.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: You can't reassess your strategy without reassessing your budget, too. Sadly, your plans depend on the money backing them. Sit down with both today. Being impulsive is simply not in the equation.
● Finances: It seems like there's always one person looking to make you miserable. They're plotting your gloom at this very moment. Try killing them with kindness. That means pulling out all the stops and digging deep into your wallet.
● Love: Today you're a little more withdrawn than usual -- that's cool. You have a lot of stuff on your mind. And sometimes, you just need the space to work it out. Don't hesitate to close your door and draw the blinds. Turn on the teapot and watch a funny movie!
● General: This is a wonderful day. You're going to be reminded just how loved you are by your closest friends. There's a lot of warmth coming your way today, and it's all coming from the people who choose to walk the same path as you. They bring a lot of honesty to every discussion you have with them, and this is their true value in your life. What this means is that when they tell you something you don't like hearing, it is coming from a place of love. Remember that.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: A big achievement is in the cards, and it's one you're not even planning on. All it takes is some tidying up to uncover a nearly completed project. Just who left it there is vague, but who gets the credit is clear: You!
● Finances: You're wondering about something, but being intellectually curious is only part of what is making you so restless. You're willing to spend good money to get to the bottom of this particular mystery if that's what it takes. And that is indeed what it takes.
● Love: Keep your eyes open for new opportunities -- even if you feel you've reached the top of your game there's plenty of room to grow. Better yet, don't pass up even the most bizarre ideas. Sure, it sounds off the wall, but when it all comes together, wow!
● General: You've been flirting with someone a lot lately and they might be interested in turning up the heat -- get ready for an overture of sorts to happen today. Think long and hard about whether or not you want to get closer to them. Once you move beyond the flirtatious stage, you lose a little bit of freedom. And if you're not looking for a new romance right now, you need to be up front about it with them. Flirting for the sake of flirting is fine -- you haven't been making promises to them. Yet.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: You're a good listener, to a fault. Nine-to-five is just not the right time for socializing, even if colleagues want to talk your ear off. Which would you rather hear: Their voices, or the nagging one in your head, telling you to get back to work?
● Finances: Changes have hit all areas of your life, so it goes without saying the next few weeks will be different. The changes go deeper than just business. You may be more frugal but you're also wiser and more appreciative. Others like the new you.
● Love: It's so easy to fall into grouch mode. Especially when someone cuts you off in traffic and steals your lunch out of the fridge -- what gives? Nothing -- people are just rude. But you don't have to follow suit. Be friendly. Even if you have to force a grin across your face, exude positivity.
● General: It's true that patience is a virtue, but it's also true that you can control things and push them along if you wish to do so. You've got to act now if you want to make the most of the opportunity that is placed in front of you today. There is nothing wrong with elbowing your way to the front of the line just this once. Be polite, but be aggressive. There is a lot of complacency around you, so you will never have a better chance to get ahead of everyone else.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: There is no such thing as karma in the office, only paychecks. Or is there? Find a way to be of service that doesn't involve your job description. Do a colleague a favor and watch the returns.
● Finances: Your pet peeves are starting to erode the vision others have of you. There's no point in spending good money on clothes if you still come off as a petulant child. If you really want to radiate power, look inward and start buffing up your attitude.
● Love: How often do you say yes? Not often enough? Don't turn down dates right now, even if the person seems totally out of your league, for the better or worse. Judging someone incorrectly could lead to a missed opportunity of a lifetime.
● General: It's the perfect day to hang out with a blue friend and start cheering them up! You are capable of giving them whatever experience they need to get out of the doldrums -- whether it's fun and laughter, physical activity, quiet conversation, or sitting on the couch watching television together. They just want to be in a situation where they don't feel like they have to prove themselves. And no one makes people feel calm and at ease quite the way you do.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: A preliminary 'okay' without any details does not a 'done deal' make. Certainly, don't ask for a raise based on it. As much as it may drive you crazy to wait, you'll just have to be patient.
● Finances: You're not living the life of your dreams, but things are not at nightmare status, either. If you're feeling moody, it has more to do with your subconscious than your surroundings. Throwing money at the problem won't help if what you're buying is just more clutter.
● Love: Feeling good is about spreading around some of that great stuff in the universe. Make one positive decision today: become an organ donor. Sign up at the national organ donation registry. This small commitment could save someone else's life!
● General: A few fresh ideas will not only add some pizzazz to your life right now, they will increase your romantic potential! So if you are in the mood to start a new romance, start exposing yourself to new ways of thinking. Step out of your oh-so-comfortable comfort zone today and put yourself in front of some unfamiliar thinking. Explore new cultures, music and religions. You will find a whole new way of thinking. Things that are strange can also be very invigorating.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Consider yourself a prospector. Sure, you can use the computer, but you still need to find some things of value the old-fashioned way. You're discovering facts the way old time miners panned for nuggets of gold.
● Finances: Staying organized gives you more than a sense of power over your activities. It gives you actual power over them. If you wonder why you can never get a grip on things like how much you spend and where you spend it, being more systematic is a good start. You do it in other areas of life -- why not when money is involved?
● Love: A good friend is a supportive friend. And though it's fun to drag everyone else into your evil little world, don't. If a pal is trying to quit smoking, lose weight or cut back on boozing, help 'em out. Avoid indulging in front of them -- save your sins for another time.
● General: Could an attraction could be growing between you and someone you have never considered your intellectual equal? Could it be that there is more to someone's attractiveness than their brain? You should look at this person with different eyes starting today. Pay attention to how they treat other people, and you will get a whole new appreciation for who they are and what they could bring to your life. You may have been looking for love in the wrong places.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: A good dose of schadenfreude never hurt anyone. Your projects may be floundering, but your competition's are floundering more. Is that even possible? If not, it can't hurt to daydream about it.
● Finances: Things slow down just long enough for you to catch your breath and remember that you are a human being with deep feelings, not a robot. The pace accelerates very soon, so enjoy it while you can. Anything on the cheap is also your best medicine.
● Love: When it's not right, it's not right, so don't try to make something out of nothing. You gave it a few dates, and it's just not there. End it with a simple, succinct email. Don't rationalize, blame or over explain. The more words, the worse you'll come off.
● General: A strong flirtatious energy is going to be all around you today, and it could spice up one or two of your relationships! Before you get all excited about your romantic prospects, remember that flirting is just flirting. Whether or not things are meant to go to the next level is not certain. So play it safe -- keep things light and breezy instead of pushing for a commitment. After all, you need to get to know them better before you know how you really feel.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: If you took on a project without knowing all the facts beforehand, then you're learning a few things, the hard way. The bottom line now is 'just do it.' You'll figure out how to avoid this again, later.
● Finances: If you're thinking of dipping into your savings, don't even put your big toe in to test the temperature. Imagine you're in shark-infested waters if that's what it takes to make you resist. There is no room for excuses or for being wishy-washy.
● Love: All this inner talk is very interesting, but if you don't share it with another person, it means nothing. Open up. If you're into this newfound hottie, lay it on the line. Or, don't hesitate to end this short-lived but dull fling. The momentum is in your favor right now, and you can't lose.