Free Daily Horoscope - July 8 2016
● General: Feel like you want some time on your own? Well, that's good, because today is a wonderful day to take it. Do whatever it takes to get some alone time, whether you want to take a vacation day, work from home, or schedule yourself a getaway solo weekend. Keep your friends and family informed as to what you are thinking of doing, and they'll give you the ideas, support or time you need. Your inner extrovert is being overpowered by your inner introvert, and it is a balance that is long overdue.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: You may be back at work, but you're still strongly connected to your private life. Don't forget that you're at the office. Keep all phone calls and emails short and sweet.
● Finances: The craving for adventure you have can be satisfied without even leaving your own back yard, as a particular child star could have taught you. You don't need to afford a pair of ruby slippers to understand the feeling. All you need is romance and it's right in front of you.
● Love: The waters are calm, the crazy ex has finally stopped bothering you -- you're officially single again! Right on! Now couldn't be a better time to get started on a 'one-of-those-days' plans. Whether it's going back to school or learning how to drive a race car, sign up today.
● General: Are you spending too much energy on getting involved in the lives of others? If so, you are depriving yourself of the attention that you need to be happier and feel more content. Going out with friends and having fun is a perfectly fine thing to do, but you should not be doing it every single night. All of this socializing could distract you from the things that you really need to deal with. Stay home more often and help yourself get back in touch with yourself.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: If it took forever to get things done just last year, suddenly every project you touch surges toward completion. Get the most out of this out-of-character phase, when it starts to feel like you have the Midas touch.
● Finances: If it helps to think of your situation as a power struggle, then by all means indulge the illusion, as long as you know on some level it's more of a glorified mud wrestling match. You don't have to acknowledge the reality to anyone but yourself and your accountant.
● Love: Got office romance? Hmmm. You said you'd never do it, but alas, you're hot and heavy with a cubicle mate. Discuss the end before it gets here. Unravel the 'What ifs' ahead of time to allay uncomfortable post-hookup situations. If it doesn't work out, how will you handle working together?
● General: If you are truly happy for a friend who has started a new relationship, be sure to show it -- they might be under the false assumption that you are jealous or unhappy about the fact that they'll be spending less time with you in the future. Make sure they know you are supportive of this new adventure they are undertaking! Giving them the space they need to explore this new thing won't be difficult anyway, because some hot new stuff is coming up to distract you!
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Just because there seems to be no follow-through doesn't mean it's not a productive day. Like some dialogues, some projects go sideways before they go forward. Start to get a feel for this particular movement.
● Finances: You're as opinionated as the next loyal customer, but you're open to suggestions. You'll get some in the form of light debating and even an argument or two. Keep your ears open for tips you can take to the bank.
● Love: You love to hear nice things about yourself -- alas, you're not alone. Be generous with the compliments today. Say at least one adulatory (but genuine) thing to even the most hideous person. All that good mojo will work its way back to you.
● General: Today, use any downtime you might have to double check the work that you've done so far. It's not that you have been sloppy, it's just that your recent good news may be causing you to lose your concentration -- especially when you are working on anything that involves numbers or other types of small but important details. And if you can, get someone else to proofread your work. They have fresh eyes and can pick out a problem much faster than you can do it yourself.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Not giving your opinion isn't an option. If you leave it to others to figure it out for themselves, then you are just guaranteeing you'll be misunderstood. Come out of your shell and speak up.
● Finances: Being conservative is just not your style. You want to go all out. No one can swing being extravagant on a low budget the way you can, and you're doing just that. You and your friends deserve it.
● Love: Consider time and spatial details right now. A healthy curiosity in a blossoming love interest is one thing -- a well-scheduled call or text is expected. But 30 pings? That's a whole other story. Don't go overboard. Give this person space; otherwise, you'll suffocate them out of your good graces.
● General: Getting clutter out of the way in your day-to-day life will help you clear the clutter out of your brain too, so put some energy into cleaning up around your house and getting things organized today. Not only will you find it terrifically satisfying, it's a task you can turn your mind off to do -- you can give your gray matter a rest while you give your home a facelift. You will feel proud of the work you've done and you'll feel ready to face life's next challenges.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: If you want to enjoy working in groups, then stop focusing on the intellectual side. The social aspect is half the fun, and accounts for more than half the productivity. Consider your next meeting a friendly gathering.
● Finances: Cold, hard cash won't do a thing for you. You need the warmth of others to feel at your best because you're just not generating enough of your own. You know which of your friends has the biggest, most magnificent heart. Seek out their company. In fact, bask in it.
● Love: Lay off the booze right now, especially if you're looking to score. Sure a glass of wine will minimize inhibitions, but too much of a good thing can hinder performance in all aspects of hooking up, whether you're a guy or a gal. Nothing worse than waking up to a chewed-off arm, right?
● General: Don't be surprised if you are asked to help out with planning a big group event today. Your organization skills are bigger and brighter than ever, and people have been noticing. It's in your best interests to get involved in this event, even if you don't think you have the bandwidth to take on anything new right now. You can find the time and energy somewhere, and your reputation will soar once people get a load of what you can do. Your power is rising, and it's going to get even stronger!
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Work issues require more than cold logic. They require a gentle touch. Be extra careful when delivering the news or sharing your opinion and you'll avoid having a bad day.
● Finances: Just because someone made it thus far unscathed doesn't give them blanket permission to act haughty or superior. If you want to match their swagger, though, imagine a fortune stashed under your mattress, and you the only princess who can feel it.
● Love: Get it straight. Office romance is never a good idea, and if you're entertaining it, consider looking for dates in other places. But if it's already underway, be honest. Tell your boss and key coworkers about the relationship before they hear it through the grapevine.
● General: From the quality of your cup of coffee, you already know you shouldn't expect a lot out of today. But don't get upset if things progress even less than you think they will. One day's failure does not mean that you will continue to under-perform. The worst thing you can do is to lose heart and stop working towards this goal. You are where you need to be, so just clear your mind and try to accept the fact that you cannot control this timetable -- just yet. Let other people take the wheel for a while.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Sometimes it feels like you have the same conversations over and over and over. Some of them can't be avoided, but you can bring your own personal slant to them to spice things up. Don't forget that you reveal yourself in everything you do.
● Finances: You're the beloved leader and that's just the way you like it. Unfortunately there's a hefty price tag involved. Going Dutch just doesn't have the same cachet. You don't need a huge hoard to keep up images, though. You manage to be conservative with your cash.
● Love: Not so fast. Don't toss in the towel because you and your date had a spat during your second outing. Sure, it could be an omen of toxic things to come, then again, it could be a matter of extenuating circumstances -- a bad day, stress. Give it one more date before you cut bait.
● General: Having a healthy ambition is fine, but just because you have a lot of drive for success doesn't mean that you know which direction to go in. When an opportunity comes your way today, make sure that you don't just dive right in. Evaluate and research the facts before you sign on the dotted line and get all excited. Upon closer examination, you will probably see that this isn't everything you thought it was -- it might not take you where you want to go.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Temptation has you on a short leash today. You may want to take a long lunch or spend company money or sign documents with abandon. The correct answer should be 'none of the above,' so resist.
● Finances: Anything but rest is a big challenge. Why get stressed when you have the opportunity to act like a sloth? If that's not your philosophy in life, make it your mantra for the day. Everyone needs a day of idleness and inactivity every once in a while.
● Love: Dating someone at work could create bad perceptions among coworkers, especially if you're a manager linked to an underling. It's imperative that you treat everyone equally -- no playing favorites. Make sure everyone knows the situation ahead of time to avoid missteps.
● General: Beauty and other aesthetic ideals are important to you today -- but your current fascination with how things look isn't shallow, it's actually a deep part of your creativity. And the more attention you pay to beauty today, the more you are going to inspire yourself to come up with new ideas and new ways of solving old problems. You will attract new people to your life. So go on -- soak in the scenery, flip through some fashion magazine, and try to find a beautiful spot to enjoy the sunset.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: You know what they say about idle hands. You can't do anything about the behavior of colleagues, but you can control your own. The best way to avoid conflicts is to keep busy.
● Finances: Sometimes the universe has a sense of right and wrong. Your slavish devotion to honesty pays off, and no, not in esoteric or incomprehensible ways. Your gains are monetary, and they show. Enjoy.
● Love: Oh no -- say it isn't so! You don't like everything about them, and they don't like everything about you. Is it time to call this one off? If you're looking for a deal-breaker, and this is it, go ahead. Otherwise, allow the opposites-attract phenomenon to come into play.
● General: If you want to make a change in your life right now, make it slowly. Hurrying to meet a certain goal or rushing towards what you think you want isn't wise right now. You need to think things through. Take time, when you reach a crossroads. You have to be mindful of each step you take, otherwise you will certainly get off track. The newness in your ideas is exhilarating, but don't translate that feeling into speed -- translate it into dedication and perseverance.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: You're walking a fine line between knowing the bottom line and appearing cold and calculating. Be smart without going overboard. The right approach has to be finessed.
● Finances: You don't mind sharing, unless someone starts demanding you do. Someone does just that and it brings out the worst in you. That inner monster isn't worth feeding, even if it's to save a buck. You're better served by acquiescing.
● Love: Don't fight that 'it doesn't feel right' feeling tonight by calling it quits early. No use trying to force something that isn't working. Instead, rest up because the momentum of tomorrow evening could keep you on the move for days.
● General: Stop thinking so much about tomorrow and start living in the moment today! There are a lot of amazing opportunities all around you, but if you are too busy thinking all about what you want to do next, you are going to completely miss out on them! Timing is everything, so make sure you are living in the present along with everyone else. The past is done with, and the future will be coming soon enough. It's time to just worry about what you're doing today.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Some things are better left unsaid. But if it falls to you to say them anyway, then the least you can do is communicate gently. Be as creative as you need to be to get the point across.
● Finances: Compromise comes easily to you but not so those around you. You'll be taken for a ride unless you push back a little bit. You don't have to make it a knock-down, drag-out power struggle, but a bit of resistance is only fair to you and your wallet.
● Love: Game-playing is generally ill-advised (bad karma), but tonight, it doesn't matter. You're simply in it for the ego strokes. You give the attention; you take away the attention; you tease. Don't let anyone know they're in too tight with you -- keep them guessing and coming back for more.
● General: Just because you haven't seen a friend for a long while does not mean that you two have drifted away for good. They still care about you, and they would love to hear from you. Today, call them up and ask them for some advice on an issue you are struggling with. The fastest way to get back in synch with someone from your past is to have them join you in solving a problem -- because finding a solution is a way of creating something new together. Things can start anew.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: You know how it works. When you're asked a question but are unsure of the answer, you're not specific in your response. You'll know just what's going on when you get a fuzzy answer yourself.
● Finances: Minding your own business is usually how you navigate through the world, but when there's so much going that's hard to ignore, you have a decision to make. Is your money involved? Your heart? If it's neither, try that much harder to bite your tongue.
● Love: If you want to initiate physical contact, create lots of opportunities for hand-jiving on the dance floor: hand grabs and high fives all the way. Make sure you keep your fingers loose in case they 'accidentally' intertwine with those of the hottie you're mackin' on.