Free Daily Horoscope - July 18 2016
● General: All of your forward momentum is starting to slow down a bit, and it's not a moment too soon! This little breather in your week will finally give you a chance to take in the interesting view -- or get to know that fascinating person you've been missing out on for so long. Enjoy a more leisurely pace. You won't mind having to wait some more for the changes you've been dreaming about to come about. Everything will happen when it's meant to happen, which means you can stop worrying.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: You're feeling introverted. That's usually a good way to feel on a day like this one, but today you're just not comfortable with it. You may find yourself lonely in a crowd or wishing for purposeful work.
● Finances: Being too frank would just be hurtful. Unless fortunes are to be made or lost depending on your wording, then being vague is what the situation calls for. You can clear up any misunderstandings in a couple of weeks' time.
● Love: No. Life isn't a road race, but if you had to qualify, you'd be in the top 10. When it comes to achieving those short-term goals, you're moving at warp speed. Pay a little more attention, however, to the personal touches. Don't neglect those who never neglect you.
● General: Powerful people are not always powerful for the right reasons -- and the chinks in someone's armor are beginning to show today. If you are good friends with this person, tell them that it's time to fess up to the fact that they don't know all of the answers. You'll be doing them a favor by being brutally honest. But if they aren't exactly winning any popularity contests with you, then do nothing. Just sit back and watch them do themselves in by being so smug.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Time on your hands has you dwelling on the negative. Feeling moody or possessive is no fun. Staying busy with friends is the best medicine, so pick up the phone and make some plans.
● Finances: Your subconscious is sending up more signals than you can possibly read. Don't kid yourself that you can pick a winner while you're in this state of mind. You can't tell the real thing from a fake and everything that glitters in the sun is enticing. Resist.
● Love: In the crazy world of dating, learning what works and what doesn't is about trial and error. Take a few minutes to reflect on your successes and failures. It's a great time to incorporate some of these hard-fought lessons into the current configuration of events.
● General: If you want to affect someone else's life in a powerful and profound way, today brings you an opportunity to do just that. But in order to tap into this potential, you should be of service to anyone and everyone as soon as you're out and about today -- don't reserve your generous nature for just one person. Giving up good parking spots, loaning out small sums of money, or listening to a complaining coworker could be the opening to bigger and more fruitful connections.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: If you're tempted to go in to work, think better of it. You need time off, for the sake of your health if for no other reason. Pursue something slower than your usual work pace.
● Finances: How an important financial drama plays itself out is up to you. You're both author and director, and you can play a starring role if you so wish. Stepping aside to let someone else do the job would be a fatal mistake for your finances. Break a leg.
● Love: Whatever 'it' is, you get it. You're the golden child -- it's as if the planets aligned perfectly, just for you. Put one foot in front of the other and move forward -- this zesty energy will carry you forward without consequence. And keep a few extra business cards handy -- you'll need 'em.
● General: Your compassionate nature is something others admire in you, but it could be putting you into a phase of emotional intensity and upheaval right now if you are not careful. It's simply not healthy to get too involved in other people's dramas! Today, try to take a more impersonal point of view about things. You are not responsible for making everyone happy all the time, so do not put that level of pressure on yourself. Do something by yourself that you enjoy today. Focus on you.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: The last thing you need is upheaval. You can get plenty of that during the workweek. Make sure your day runs smoothly and avoid business or legal matters.
● Finances: Social situations can get in the way of work and that is to be expected. Your bank account won't suffer because of it, so don't let yourself get too anxious. It's not just your private problems. All of your coworkers are dealing with the same issue.
● Love: Life's gonna slow it down for you right now. So pick your partner, move a little closer and hold on, tight. During times like these, it's great to have someone you can cling to, swaying to the music. A little nuzzling won't hurt either.
● General: Your intuitive powers are starting to tell you that you might want to follow the leader for a while -- they seem to know the lay of the land a lot better than you do. Your passivity is an asset right now, so utilize it and do what you are told. Why put yourself in a risky situation when there are other people willing to do it for you? Sit back and let these folks do what they want to do. You will definitely benefit in the end. You don't always have to be in charge to gain something.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Work can wait. Spend the day nurturing your family and friendships. If you must think of work, only acknowledge that a happy home life will help you be more productive during the week.
● Finances: You are all fired up and ready for some travel. Unfortunately, you aren't going anywhere anytime soon. You can use your excitement to change the scenery right in front of you, though, as long as you stick to your budget.
● Love: Routine is like an ugly four-letter word in your dictionary. A little regimentation is actually quite liberating -- it takes the guesswork out of daily life, giving you more time to roam the depths of your mind (and to update your online profile).
● General: Try to get face to face with any of the people who can help you get where you want to be today. It's a great day for you to make some serious headway, but you need to do all your talking in person. Sending an email or calling someone up might be more convenient, but it's also less personal -- and therefore less effective. Words alone cannot communicate what you want right now. Your facial expression and body language will help your cause and help you reach your goal.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Feeling restless is a good sign. Store up all that energy so you can put it to good use come Monday morning. In the meantime, make the most of being away from work.
● Finances: You need a yes-man, because you feel like saying no to everything. You want to throw in the towel and forget about it almost as soon as you begin. Force yourself to follow through instead. You'll be happy you did.
● Love: You'd nurse a pimple than deal with your finances right now, so you might as well buck up and crack open that checkbook. Take some time today to balance the numbers. And assess your other bills. Maybe you're paying too much for insurance or a gym membership you no longer use.
● General: All of those light, flirty conversations you've been enjoying with a cute someone have been fun, but today you should be brave. Push things to the next level. Instead of skimming the surface, go deep down into the real substance of who they are. Find out what makes them tick and see what you come up with. This person is not quite who you think they are, and after a probing conversation, you might start to feel a lot differently about them -- and they might see you differently, too.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: If the work week is about making money, then the weekends are about spending it. Or they used to be, anyway. Adjusting to your new budget is harder than it sounds. Give yourself time to adjust to the changes.
● Finances: You need to balance your account and fast. Your current projects aren't going to do the trick. It's the wrong time of year to drum up anything new, but desperate situations call for desperate measures.
● Love: Your health should be your number one priority. If you haven't been to the dentist in a decade, schedule an appointment today. Or get a physical. Make sure your cholesterol, blood pressure and vital signs are in check. Vitality is the key to a passionate life (in more ways than one).
● General: Your words have extra weight today, so be mindful of what you say. You can't just toss off whatever comes to your mind -- think through what you are about to say! And if you offer criticism today, give concrete examples. Help people understand what you mean, or else they could just get defensive and reject what you are saying out of hand. And don't forget to make it clear to them that you know they are capable of amazing things. They need to hear it.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Today offers the possibility of regeneration, if not rebirth. It doesn't happen each day, though it would be nice if it would. You'll find yourself ready to face a brand new life come tomorrow morning.
● Finances: You're being hit up by the modern day equivalent of the traveling salesman. You know what you're dealing with right away but that won't immunize you against their sales pitch. Remember the old adage: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
● Love: A purpose? You? Definitely. You're on a mission from the stars, and one way or another, you'll conquer your goal. Just don't miss a step along the way. A forgotten detail or a misunderstood text could put you in the doghouse with someone who matters to you.
● General: It's the perfect day to give your creativity some exercise! Find something artistic to get busy with -- whether you want to redecorate your bedroom, paint the kitchen, plant a garden or just make someone a birthday card, you'll have tons of fun letting your mind go wild with someone who inspires you. Take advantage of all the ideas that are starting to blossom inside you and turn them into visual expressions --even if you never show what you create to another living soul.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: After being around colleagues all week, it makes sense that on your days off you want to be alone. If you find yourself surrounded by people anyway, then make the most of things by enjoying it.
● Finances: You're not at the point of sitting back and observing your domain just yet. You're still building the very basics of your kingdom. But even they can be put aside when friendship and goodwill make an appearance. Your kingdom can wait.
● Love: Quality is so hard to come by these days. And all those singles events are so blah. Instead of waiting for the hotties to come your way, why not serve as the beacon of singledom in your community? Host an event, just for the unattached. This is your baby!
● General: Forget about the things you don't like about your life -- focus on the hopes and dreams you have for the future. The more you think about your problems or worries, the more power you are giving them over your life. So today, put a smile on your face and be confident about where you are headed. And if you can't feel confident, then just fake it until you do! If you can convince yourself of your value, then other people will be convinced of it, too.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Put your restless office skills to good use. Organizing friends is a perfectly legitimate objective. Without your efforts, they would simply be at loose ends anyway.
● Finances: The more discipline you can muster, the more money you'll make. Even the most unlikely of goals can be met with it as your only tool. Stay on course and all things are possible.
● Love: The estheticism of your surroundings matters to you. When the visuals click, you feel content. Add something new to your collection. Invite your latest love interest on a shopping spree. And don't plan anything for later on. Dinner, maybe more, could follow.
● General: In your career life, you should look for people to start giving you more of the kind of feedback that is difficult for you to hear. Look for feedback that is genuine and honest -- and therefore extremely valuable! Listen, don't get defensive, and have faith in your ability to grow from knowing how they feel. Whether you move forward in order to prove them wrong, or integrate their advice into what you are working on, their honesty will invigorate you and, ultimately, be very inspiring.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Privacy with friends included is the prefect emotional state. Indulge in just this today as you rejuvenate yourself and prepare for your workweek, where you always feel in front of an audience.
● Finances: Your network is growing. You get new members each and every day. That isn't translating into money yet, but it will soon. Until then, keep nurturing new connections.
● Love: You expected a riot, but alas: nothing, not a peep. And that's just how the day goes. So don't anticipate anything. Instead, allow people to do their own thing. Expect a call or email from the most random person. It's so out of left field you're intrigued beyond words.
● General: You'll have to navigate through some unfamiliar territory today, but this should not be a very scary experience for you. You have solid footing in your life, and a good sense of where you want to go -- but the same might not be able to be said of the people who are going along with you. They're in it for fun, and could distract you from getting serious stuff done. If you are wishy-washy about their involvement, then you have to let them know your concerns. Tell them to behave!
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Not everything with your friends is all warm and fuzzy. You have to deal with legal documents today, even in your private life. You have the social skills to handle it with ease.
● Finances: A blabber mouth might give you some shocking news. You can stand there stunned or you can make good use of it. What starts out on a sour note brings with it the chance to redeem both the event and yourself -- if you play your cards right.
● Love: Where others see roadblocks, you find inspiration. That's your ambition kicking into full gear today. The eyes that met yours with a blank stare just last week suddenly light up. And instead of being baffled, you know just what to do -- a dinner and a movie.