Free Daily Horoscope - July 16 2016
● General: The recent compromises you have had to make weren't exactly fun, but they have definitely created greater harmony in your life -- which you will come to see in a whole new way today. Your bond with friends and family members has been strengthened, and you have inspired people to start being more flexible themselves. Even someone who has a hard time acting selfless or regarding other people's needs is starting to show a more generous side. You bring out the best in people.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: Don't waste time trying to charm you way into or out of a situation. Just focus on the other person involved. You won't want to add this to your resume, but in a best case scenario, at least everything will be fine.
● Finances: You prefer being introspective to being talkative, but you're being too introverted by even your own standards. Come back to the present before those around you get upset by your emotional absence. Spending money on yourself just might snap you out of it.
● Love: Alcohol or any other controlled substance is poison to your system right now. Choose sparkling water or juice -- even coffee, instead. Treat your psyche well and don't over imbibe. You're bound to make bad decisions and act poorly under the influence.
● General: You might not be feeling that great as the day starts off, but the people you're around sure think you're looking great and they won't be shy about saying so! Take the adoration and compliments seriously -- this is not a day to play the humble card. The flattery you receive will help you feel better physically and emotionally. So agree with other people when they say you're looking good, because disagreeing with them will only keep you in a sour mood!
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Keep a light touch. Even with friends, you would only go so far. Suggesting a colleague start a health or fitness routine is definitely reaching into 'out of bounds' territory.
● Finances: Old relationship issues just can't be brushed under the rug. Even though they're familiar by now, you feel certain emotions with such intensity they shock you. Throwing money at them has never been more called for. You can afford to kill them with kindness.
● Love: That fierce nature of yours might put off someone you're romantically linked to. The bottom line? They just don't get you. Instead of wringing your hands over it, let the whole thing go. Either they'll come around or this will fizzle out.
● General: You're going to find yourself smack dab in the middle of a juicy drama today, with a front row seat to all of the action. While the events of this day are going to be pretty entertaining, the people involved might not have much of a sense of humor about them, so be careful not to laugh too loudly in their presence. People don't realize how silly they can be when they get worked up over silly things. Some day, they will be ready to laugh about this -- but not yet!
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Don't just hog all the fun parts. Starting projects then leaving them for others to finish won't get you far in your career. Buckle down and discover the satisfaction of follow-through and completion.
● Finances: There is no one more calculating than you. It's good to be one step ahead of the competition. Don't let anyone convince you your behavior is devious when you know you're simply being shrewd.
● Love: Intolerance usually isn't a problem, but right now, it is. Differing political opinions and worldviews leave you feeling agitated, and okay, you'll admit it, resentful. It's fine for now, but when you're in mack mode, keep it under wraps -- shake it off before your next date.
● General: You'll be being short-sighted if all you want out of a group dynamic today is complete agreement. A dissenting voice or two might slow down the process, but these people will also bring up good points and offer some exciting ideas. So let the multiple voices in your group say what they want to say -- and make sure you put in your two cents as well! If you encourage individuality and expression in any group dynamic today, you will be a part of something beautiful and memorable.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: You're willing to put up with some bumps in the road, but this is getting to be too rough of a ride even for you. Smooth out what you've already got going on before starting anything new.
● Finances: Admit it, you're just not as sure as you should be. The kind of commitment you're thinking of making should have you feeling a hundred percent certain. Until you do, don't sign away your savings. Don't even commit to a dime.
● Love: When you're heavily absorbed in your own problems, issues, and ambitions you fail to see what's going on outside. Swivel your head back to the outside world -- you're missing out on a lot of action. And it's way more interesting in that boring introspective stuff.
● General: While your love life hasn't been exceptionally exciting lately, today that could all change! You will experience a strong intellectual connection with someone who everyone thinks is a great candidate for a romance with you. If you are single and interested, there could be a golden opportunity to get closer to them in a major way. But if you are attached, use this spark of energy to inject new life into your current relationship. They'll remind you how vibrant you are.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Having an assistant takes some getting used to. It seems more efficient to just do all the work yourself. Start by handing over simple chores, then work your way up from there.
● Finances: You have a knack for picking out things that will make valuable antiques someday. Don't let anyone talk you into throwing out what they believe is obsolete. Hanging onto them won't make or break your retirement, but they could turn out to feather your nest.
● Love: You've seen the prize, and you won't stop until he or she is yours. Before you trip over yourself, consider the consequences. If this person is in rebound mode, still sort of in a relationship or works with you, consider it off limits. The payout isn't worth the risk.
● General: You'll have an easy going attitude about everything today. But instead of sitting back and just going along with whatever happens, why not try to figure out why things are happening in the first place? Your brain could use a little puzzle to solve, and you will enjoy the twists and turns that it discovers as the day goes on. Minor setbacks will be fun, delays will be intriguing, and new faces will be downright fascinating. Get to know a few of them and unleash your inner sleuth!
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: You just won't make a big splash, no matter how hard you try. Or how much you flail in the water, that is. You'll simply make a spectacle, which is not the effect you're going for. Go for swimming laps instead.
● Finances: Setting unrealistic goals is healthy for you. They egg you on. You already know what you can expect to accomplish, but that distant carrot just won't let you rest. Keep thinking big.
● Love: Your quick-witted adaptability comes in handy when an awkward situation forces you to think on the fly. You will breeze through this confrontation that would stun most people. Most folks cringe when their checkered past comes home to roost -- not you!
● General: You want to be out there fighting the good fight and causing a stir, but it can feel dangerous to put yourself in that risky situation. Think twice. Coming to the defense of other people could cost you right now. Are you prepared for the price you may have to pay? Make sure you don't tell anyone you can help them unless you can fully commit to them. Flaking out at the last minute is no way to handle things. Think things through before signing anything.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: All things in moderation. A little flirting goes a long way toward creating a super day. As long as things stay professional, enjoy getting some attention from others.
● Finances: What you have may not be fancy but it's yours. Your material possessions are the source of many a sigh today. Being thankful for what you have is the perfect state of mind to be in right about now.
● Love: You have a tendency to overly romanticize certain people. Even after they hurt you time and time again, you refuse to acknowledge their not-so-glorious traits. Stop putting yourself in the line of fire. Sever ties that fail to enhance your growth and well-being.
● General: It could be very difficult for you to say what you really mean today, because everyone seems to be distracted. No one is capable of really listening! So try to be patient with people who just aren't getting what you are saying. Like it or not, you have to drill your message into their thick skull and the onus will be on you to make it happen. Getting creative might help -- maybe they'll pay more attention to a song or a rap than to an email or face-to-face conversation.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: You just can't drum up ideas all by yourself. It's time to call a meeting, and not just to shoot the breeze. Toss ideas back and forth until you come up with one you can all agree on.
● Finances: Everyone wants a place at your table. Are they drawn to you because of your stature, your warmth or your money? It could be any or none of the above. Don't let trying to figure out the answer erode your confidence.
● Love: You have a knack for showing up at just the right time, right when the party's going south. Your good mojo infuses even the dullest of affairs with bustling activity. Make sure you keep a posse of crazy pals with you, too. Fun travels in packs.
● General: Today, everyone around is feeling fine and in the mood for good times. Everywhere you go, you'll hear laughter, and it will be impossible not to join in and have a good time. This is a great time to get your different social circles all in one room together -- introductions need to be made. Having all of your worlds collide won't be stressful, it will be very rewarding. There is a small world connection that you need to know about. Some folks have a juicy history.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Life isn't fair. Getting ahead depends on being loved by others as much as it does doing your job well. Start looking at your work relationships as quasi-friendships.
● Finances: It's not just about money. You're taking an assessment of all you have in life, and it's looking good. You're more energized and excited by what you see than merely grateful. Use that to generate and maintain momentum.
● Love: Your gut says no but fear is prodding you on -- bad combo. When you're in the grip of fear, nothing seems quite right. You're afraid of being along and that's dangerous because you might settle for less than you deserve. Be on the lookout for warning signs.
● General: Today, take some time to go and explore some territory that lies just past where you usually go. Be open to ideas that come from people of a different culture. You might not like them at first, but once you think them over for a while you will see that sometimes things are so wacky that they work! You're also in a really good frame of mind to try more exotic foods and listen to some new music. Your aesthetic sensibilities are starting to evolve in a new direction.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: You need to think about social plans, but just can't make connections with all your energy focused on work. Give yourself ten minutes to shore things up. Think of it as an investment in a balanced life.
● Finances: People are organizing and planning, but all that's expected of you is that you show up. That's fine with you because you have ducks of your own to line up. Take the opportunity to get a good look at each and every detail.
● Love: Now's a great time to catch up world news and current events. You'll definitely need some talking points, especially when the conversation slows to a halt. Whether you're on a date or with a group, your gift to gab will turn a Buick Skylark into a Maserati!
● General: Controversies at your job or at school are waking you up to the fact that people you like can believe things that you definitely do not like! Understandably, this dissonance might cause you some stress or discomfort at first, but once you accept the fact that everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, you will be fine. Your relationships can withstand some healthy debate, so don't hold back when it comes to disagreeing with them. Just don't get personal about it.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: You're wearing two masks today. Pulling off your professional, aloof one to make weekend plans is dicey. The risk is you won't want to put it back on.
● Finances: Money has done it to you again. Your emotions aren't raw, exactly, but they're not ones you'd care to wear on your sleeve. Start licking your wounds now because a big social obligation is around the bend and you'll want to be well before you're before an audience again.
● Love: One blow off after another -- and yet, you're still overboard on optimism. How do you do it? You're the picture of placid, even after you've been waiting for a half hour and no sign of your date showing up. Share some of that tolerance with the others around you.
● General: Material possessions are not satisfying you right now, which is a very good thing -- you could use a break from spending money! Anything having to do with money or shopping will only remind you of debt and stress, so this is the perfect day to avoid the mall and instead hang around the house. There are one or two projects you should get started on, and if you have been itching to get back into the kitchen, today is the best day for it. Whip up a delicious dinner.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: You're not in the wild west. Settling the score is easier than you're imagining it to be. It's actually a bloodless matter, so don't be afraid to broach the subject with colleagues.
● Finances: You can do all the right things -- see a setback as a door to a new opportunity, wipe your shoes on the doormat and walk through -- and still not make any progress. Such is life when dealing with business, or anything else for that matter. Don't let it cause too much upheaval.
● Love: Face it. You really don't want to go out tonight, but you promised that certain someone you would. Instead of grudgingly going, call him or her up and be honest. Don't make excuses or over explain the situation. Ask for a rain check and be done.