Free Daily Horoscope - July 10 2016
● General: Someone in power is going to be tad bit difficult for you to bear today, but you need to give your temper some time to cool off before you say anything that could cause any friction with them. They have a long memory, and you never want to leave a bad impression. Like it or not, you need to make sure you're on their good list right now. You are cautioned to avoid impetuousness at all costs today. The slower you go, the better place you'll end up in.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: You'd love nothing more than to sneak into the office and work. Are your motivations pure? If you just want to get out of family obligations, then don't let yourself off the hook quite so easily.
● Finances: You have no problem finding ways to have fun. So why does making money have to feel so mundane and dull? The answer is, it doesn't. Think about what you enjoy and why. Take your time. They'll lead you to the right pot of gold.
● Love: You're online profile is about as interesting as a book of Latin grammar. Try a different approach: create a mini-memoir. Provide date seekers with a glimpse of your real passions. Talk about where you've been, what you collect, and what you've accomplished. Dig deeper.
● General: If you get caught up in a power struggle today, get out of it as soon as you possibly can! Even if you have to completely give in to someone's demands, you should. Fighting for your point of view is just not worth the risk right now. Giving in might not be your first choice, and it might not make everyone happy, but you'll end up in a better place in the long run. You have to know how to pick your battles. Today's conflicts are simply not worth your energy.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: It's hard to avoid certain intrusions. It seems like you're in constant communication with the office, even on the weekends. Unless the office is on fire, don't let dinner or conversation be interrupted by work.
● Finances: Work doesn't always have to be fun. That's why it's called work. But it shouldn't be a constant grind, either. Save your high expectations of love and ecstasy for romance, but do expect a bit of enjoyment putting a roof over your head, too.
● Love: When it comes to dating, time is your best friend -- it's all about time-sensitive material. Snag a pair of tickets to an event, then advertise on your online profile: 'Be my date to the taping of the David Letterman Show Friday night.' This should tip off a slurry of interest.
● General: It's important to defend how you feel about things, but is it worth upsetting someone you care about or making an important person mad? If the person you disagree with can't be big enough to accept your position, then you have to be big enough to accept theirs -- but you don't have to agree with it. You can't always surround yourself with like-minded people only. Not only is it boring, it's a small way of seeing the world. Disagreements can be very educational.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: People in your private life are proving to be even less adaptable than colleagues. You may find yourself longing for work. Who would've thought it possible?
● Finances: You don't need a calculator. You can do all the calculating that's necessary in your head and your heart. Your gut feelings are almost more important than how things seem to be adding up, but don't skip doing the math.
● Love: You're overly sensitive lately and prone to feeling insulted. Someone, most likely a good pal or a date, is liable to disparage you, totally accidentally. If the words strike an uncomfortable chord, do a spot check. Chances are you'll find a kernel of truth embedded there.
● General: You are ready to take on bigger and better tasks in your daily life -- your ambition is raring to go, and this is a great time to join the gym, start a home remodeling project, or step into the boss's office and ask for a raise. You have a good eye when it comes to your aim, too -- your goals are high, but not so high that you are sure to fail. Success in anything you start today, while it might be slow in coming, is almost one hundred percent assured as long as you just stick with it.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Too bad you never have the same amount of energy at work that you do on the weekends. You can still put it to good use, without being in the office. If you didn't bring work home, get creative.
● Finances: Big plans are motivating, but to accomplish them you need to focus on the smaller details. Don't fool yourself into believing they're worth farming out, either. Nothing is beneath those who are truly successful.
● Love: Let go of that grudge: it's like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die. If you've been dissed, it isn't the other person's issue -- it's yours. Resentments will definitely corrode the fibers of your contentment. Free yourself of that old anger.
● General: Have some ice-breaking comments ready to go today, because you are likely to be thrust into groups of people you need to get to know. In order to initiate some good conversation with these people, be cheerful. Avoid touchy topics like politics, religion, or money. It's much wiser to stick to safe topics like television shows, sporting events, and gossip about celebrities. Shallow topics might not lead to deep connections, but at least they won't lead to arguments, either!
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: You'd go into the office just to maintain goodwill but you really shouldn't have to. Sacrificing your weekend is above and beyond the call of duty. Swallow your pride and say so.
● Finances: You're not impulsive enough. Good opportunities are popping up all around you but you're not jumping on them. Thinking things through is definitely prudent, but throw being sensible to the wind for the day.
● Love: Don't be surprised to hear some news about an ex that floors you: maybe they were married or had kids. It really gets under your skin and brings up all that old pain. Take some time to nurse yourself back to reality. It's okay to lick your wounds for a bit, but don't stay there.
● General: You will be bouncing up and down between opposite experiences all day long, but these extreme situations will be an awful lot of fun! You have the flexibility required to go with the flow, no matter how sudden or unexpected changes are. The only problem is that you make it all look too easy, so no one is going to recognize the skills that you possess. This is a wonderful day to try a new look and see how it goes over with friends. Updating your wardrobe is always fun.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: You're not thinking about work for a change. You're too busy organizing family events or friendly gatherings. Don't feel guilty. You can go back to the office energized by these new activities.
● Finances: You won't don't mind digging into the small details once you remind yourself what they're for. Whether they're baby steps on a long journey or organizing for the next big project, you can't move forward without them. Embrace.
● Love: You've met someone who totally knocks your socks off. Don't let that adoration run riot -- if you put this person on too high of a pedestal, you're in for all kinds of trouble. Avoid Don't responding to this person's email or phone calls with lightning speed. Otherwise, you'll seem desperate and needy.
● General: Embrace your inner eccentric and try not to edit yourself today -- so what if you raise a few eyebrows, or provoke people into wondering what's up with you? Their opinions matter less than the freedom you will feel by doing what you want to do in the way you want to do it! Trying to fit in with the status quo all the time is not only exhausting, it limits your creativity! So let your freak flag fly -- ignore propriety and you are likely to inspire a few of your more adventurous friends to join you.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Feeling at loose ends? There's plenty to do without setting foot in the office. In fact, your house and its inhabitants are screaming for your attention. Spend the weekend finding harmony at home.
● Finances: You're letting yourself get overwhelmed. Take it slowly. Go from one detail to another instead of trying to accomplish bigger goals. If Rome wasn't built in a day, then neither was your entire portfolio.
● Love: Proximity makes the heart grow fonder -- with a twist. If you're trying to fall into good graces with that hottie, hang around him or her a lot, at first. As soon as the momentum swings in your favor, become suddenly unavailable. Everyone wants what they can't have, right? The law of scarcity at its best.
● General: When you receive some glowing and positive feedback from an unlikely source today, try not to look so surprised! The people in power have been noticing your accomplishments for a while -- and they would like to see more of what you can do. Therefore, you can expect to get some extra attention over the next few days. People are expecting more and more of you now, but you will rise to the occasion with grace and charm. You are going to impress quite a lot of people.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Try not to control your energy. You do that enough during the work week. Today, you have a lot of drive and nothing to do with it. Let yourself let go. In fact, go wild.
● Finances: Your little secrets come in handy. No, not for blackmailing purposes, but as your own private road map. You know just where the pitfalls are and how to avoid them. Put them to good use, while keeping them private.
● Love: You're always doing nice things for everyone else -- especially when you're trying to hook up with someone. You're so busy being pleasant, you leave few opportunities for people to return the favor. Let the other person spoil you for a bit for once.
● General: A confused and struggling friend could use some tough love today -- and you're the best person to give it to them. Unlike a lot of folks, you know exactly how to deliver the cold, hard truth in a warm, soft, and supportive way! Few people know how to deliver such a tricky message without hurting someone's feelings or sounding judgmental. But your compassion will see you through. Trust yourself today, and you could open up new doors in an old relationship.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Should you stay home or go in to work? The answer is more complicated than simply following your mood. In fact, it calls for some serious soul searching. Start questioning.
● Finances: The thought of losing some things is fine with you, but the mere mention of losing others drives you crazy. Cutting corners is proving to be more complicated than you first thought it would be. Don't rush ahead with it just yet. Let your options sit on the back burner to stew.
● Love: Ahhh -- the bliss of flirting! You absolutely love the attention. A word of caution here: Now's not a good time to flirt with just anyone. If you're not attracted to the person, move on -- don't waste your time. Any bit of attention will lead this person on, and that's not your motive.
● General: You usually have good judgment when it comes to getting to know people, but it might be a little bit clouded right now. This new person that you are dying to get to know better, for example -- are they really deserving of this level of your admiration? Think about this long and hard today, because who you bring into your life is not a choice to make lightly. Make sure you're choosing these people based on the right reasons. Disposable friendships are more trouble than they're worth.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Ah, it's good to be home. Or is it? You can spend the day looking for reasons to work even more, or you can deal with the real issues at hand. Why not deal with them once and for all?
● Finances: No matter how much you achieve, you feel driven to do more. That's a healthy feeling as long as you keep things in perspective. It's time for you to sit back and count your blessings. Do a little research into just how much you really have to be thankful for.
● Love: Words and gestures fall on deaf ears and blind eyes when it comes to your perception of the world around you and the people in it. You're interested in someone, but they don't feel the same way. It's time to accept this fact and move on. Don't waste any more time pursuing a dead end.
● General: Focusing too much on one of your more troubled relationships is really not a good idea right now, believe it or not. Sometimes putting tensions under a microscope only makes them seem bigger than they really are. A better tactic right now is to give each other space -- space to miss one another, and space to figure out where you want things to go next. You also could use some alone time to get back in touch with your own, singular goals in life. Those matter too, you know!
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: It's hard to organize your thoughts and feelings when you don't have an office 'to do' list in front of you. Don't think too much about it. Try to keep things simple. Think exercise, pets, friends, etc.
● Finances: It goes without saying that everyone at the table has their own personal agenda to satisfy, but playing favorites is somehow not one you are ready for. Whether you're treated as the class pet or not, you suddenly wish it would all be strictly business. Try not to get too flustered.
● Love: Your space may be affecting your game. Take a look around. Is your home (more importantly bedroom) trashed? Pillows without cases and a mattress stripped of sheets are a total turnoff. Nobody worthwhile wants to sleep in an unkempt, dirty bed. And clean up those dirty dishes while you're at it.
● General: If you're put into a situation that involves a clash of delicate egos today, focus on fairness. Even if the big boss won't like it, you have to speak the truth as you see it. Your ideas and views are strong, so there is no reason to hide what you feel just because you fear it won't be popular. Equality is too important to be sacrificed in order to get you on someone's good side. If you think something is a bad idea, say so -- set a good example by being honest and objective.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: It's time for fun, as long as it has something to do with creativity. You don't have to be performing feats of artistry, either. Being an audience member is good enough.
● Finances: Throwing yourself or your money into a project without knowing all the facts beforehand just hasn't worked. You should be once burned, twice shy by now, and yet you're still tempted to put off figuring things out. Don't. You can't spend too much time on the facts this time.
● Love: You feel good about your life. If nothing else, a little altruism will make you even more lovable. Give your sex life a higher cause -- go green. Try bamboo sheets, vegan condoms, petroleum-free lube and fair-trade undies.