Free Daily Horoscope - August 1 2016
● General: Are you losing your patience with someone? If it seems like they can't listen to reason, they may have made up their mind already. Maybe they refuse to see any alternatives. If you feel like you've hit a brick wall, then step back and stop hitting your head against it! Learn when enough is enough. If you can't deal with someone, you need to just work around them (or avoid them altogether). Some people just don't know how to work with others, and that is not your problem.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: You know all your hard work has paid off when you can spend an idle day totally guilt-free. Don't think about the office at all. Lolling around lazily is an agreeable way to spend your time.
● Finances: An email or short phone call can start you on a wild goose chase if you're not careful. As long as there's no money involved, all that's wasted is your time. But if money is necessary to keep you going, then keep the entire adventure short and sweet.
● Love: The person you're attracted to and the person you actually hook up with may not be the same. Chemistry is a matter of energy beyond your control. So let nature and biology do what they do, and you do what you do, and everything will work out perfectly!
● General: Although you should probably have good reason to celebrate, today is not a good day for indulgent actions or elaborate, blockbuster parties. In fact, playing down your achievement might be the best course of action. It will help you save money, save energy, and impress those people who were afraid all of the acclaim you're getting would go right to your head. There will be plenty of time later on to have a big party -- now's not the time to rest on your laurels.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Thinking of taking a day off? You can't relate to someone who's in the same state of intensified energy as you are and someone calmer won't be interested. Solve your problem by exercising.
● Finances: Your feelings and your money are intertwined. Whether it's a marriage made in heaven depends on how much control you exert over each. It seems as if controlling your spending is easier than reigning in your emotions, but that's just an illusion. Both are urgently necessary.
● Love: Take your dating beyond superficiality. When you're sitting there, sharing tit for tat, ask yourself: Would I want to introduce my parents/best friend/kids/so on to this person? If it's no, time to move on. Best not to waste time with lost causes.
● General: A blast from your past will offer a pleasant and much-needed distraction for you today, and it will inject your life with new energy and new ideas that will reawaken you to a real sense of possibility. This person's stories are just as amusing as ever, and more inspiring than ever. Make sure you get as much time in with this person as possible. They have a lot to teach you, although they might not be comfortable being in teacher mode. You might have to push them to share their knowledge.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Some days can seem like just another obstacle to your work week. Don't be overly-dedicated. It's only a cover up for avoiding your life. Block out work and spend time communicating with family or friends.
● Finances: There's no point in all of your good ideas if you never follow through with any of them. The last thing you want etched on your tombstone is 'I could have been a contender'. Start taking baby steps toward making your financial goals a reality.
● Love: Don't be surprised if you do and say totally uncharacteristic things. A romantic breeze is blowing in your life, and it's creating the craziest ideas in your head. Go with it. Allow the emotions to flutter -- nothing's too corny when it comes to love.
● General: Talking with other people will make you extremely happy today. You'll get a big charge out of hearing what they think and what they're up to. You might even find some inspiration. So try to initiate discussions whenever -- and wherever -- you can. You know, strangers are only friends you haven't met yet, so get to meeting some more! Breaking the ice has never been too difficult for you, so this should be an easy day full of receptive people and interesting chats.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Ah, the familiar. Being home makes going back to work tomorrow somewhat unappealing. Don't let that kind of anticipation ruin your time with family. Focus on the home front instead.
● Finances: You're mature enough to make your own financial decisions, and that's just what you have to tell the wild-child inside of you. Begging and stomping won't make you break out your wallet, no matter how attractive that may seem.
● Love: Kissing seems benign enough, but it's not. Don't mess with the lips -- swapping spit is a very intimate act that could lead to other things. Are you ready to open that floodgate? Maybe, maybe not. Just take your time and don't kiss on the first date, for now.
● General: Start putting more effort into your career today -- don't be afraid or act out of panic. Just take care of business the right way and don't waste time socializing at the water cooler. You think you have everything totally under control, and you probably do. But there are always bigger goals to reach for and you need to be ready for them. Touch base with your boss about how things are going overall. Show them that you take an interest in the bigger picture, not just your own situation.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Some days you have to sacrifice to the office, and you don't have to make a big show of it, either. Stay late and finish a project. Consider it a matter of professional pride.
● Finances: Listening to your friends can be trouble if what they're dishing up is financial advice. Use the same social skills you use at parties: Smile and nod. As long as you don't take out your wallet or a pen, all you have to do is pretend to be impressed.
● Love: Don't commit to just one person. It pays to keep your options open right now. The romantic interests you're attached to serve different roles in your life. While one is great for opera-going, the other's a hoot in the hay. Above all, honesty reigns supreme.
● General: You'll be under scrutiny today, and will probably get some feedback you don't like. But don't take it personally. People are allowed to express ideas you don't agree with or even like -- and how you handle it says a lot about who you are. Show people that you are mature and can handle the truth without getting angry. Take a more analytical approach and distance yourself from these comments. Keep all of your feelings in check to diminish the power of what they say.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: You'll experience something that proves useful to your workweek. Consider everything grist for the mill. That way whatever you do is actually research. Enjoy killing two birds with one stone.
● Finances: You need to do your best to squeeze out some profit where there seems to be none. Go over all the details until you're down to print so fine it's impossible to read. You're looking for forgotten cash in the pockets of your pants before looking under the couch cushions, if you need a visual.
● Love: Your life's a lot crazy right now. Can all of this be happening at once? That's just how it is: feast or famine. Keep this in mind: you'll encounter tons of learning opportunities. Take the good, discard the rest. It'll come in handy down the road.
● General: An amusing misunderstanding today will help you learn how to be more tolerant with people who are different from you -- and you'll be reminded yet again that laughter can bridge just about any gap. Harmony is easier to achieve when you think the best of someone and greet them with a smile instead of a sneer. Your mind is wide open to seeing people in a charitable light, and it's a great day for meeting new people and making a good first impression.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Your office mates are more than just coworkers. They're your constant companions. Don't just twiddle your thumbs (or go through colleague withdrawal) when you could be building a friendship after-hours.
● Finances: You need to generate some momentum. It's catch-22. Just like needing money to make money, you need good energy to generate good energy. There are lots of things at your disposal to jumpstart the process, but your biggest source of enthusiasm is deep within you.
● Love: Your ability to date like a pro lies in your flair for originality -- being yourself. It's not about flinging all kinds of witty banter at people, hoping a few of your words will lure that hottie into your lair. Relax. Be yourself. Act natural. Superficiality is a real turn off.
● General: You are working at a great pace on your own right now, so there is no reason for you to change. Why start working in teams? The other people involved could get you off your rhythm and you might end up wasting more time than you'd like, dealing with difficult personalities and the bureaucratic issues that evolve when there are more than two people working together. If you can't stick to yourself right now, then at least try to be the quietest one in the room.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: You're being ambushed, and by your own impulses. You never know when you'll be overtaken by one. They may be powerful, but with or without them, you're ultimately responsible for your own actions.
● Finances: If you're handling other people's money, you may be tempted to let a few more things slide than you would if it was your own cash. Don't give in to that kind of laziness. Be as careful in this business as you would if the farm were at stake.
● Love: Dating's fun, but it's serious business, too. Don't leave your home, even to fetch your mail, looking unkempt. The universe is throwing all kinds of opportunities your way, and if you're unprepared, just for a moment, you might miss a golden chance.
● General: Don't rely too heavily on your analytical skills when you are making a romantic move. Logic does not always apply to matters of the heart, and there is no predicting how people will act or react. Plus, if you think too much about every little word or glance, you'll paralyze yourself with details that just don't matter. So think with your heart. Be open and honest about what you feel -- just spill it when the time feels right! It's scary, but it's also thrilling.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Accept it, you've met your match. The pull of the couch is upon you. You might have the best of intentions, but doing work at home just isn't going to happen. Try to give yourself a break.
● Finances: Being all talk and no action isn't really your style. But you have to stay busy somehow when there's just no action to drum up. Be careful not to miss a golden opportunity, though, by getting too wrapped up in cheap talk.
● Love: The last thing you want to do right now is emerge from the masses and show your face. It's so much easier to blend in. But that's just wasted time -- you won't get anywhere! Instead, put a smile on your face and engage the world. A happy you is irresistible.
● General: Your energy levels may have been running on low for the past few days, but you going at a slower pace isn't such a bad thing. First, it helps you conserve your energy. Second, it helps you get a better look at the world and the people around you right now. So if you can, turn off your engine completely today. Do as little as possible and just watch the world go by. You will learn some fun new things about how things work, and get inspired to make some improvements.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Doing something for yourself has become a necessity. Consider it a one way of preparing for your work week. Whether it's romance, taking in a movie or just plain zoning out, you need to indulge.
● Finances: You want money that's here to stay, not instant riches squandered as fast as it's earned. Resist the feeling that you're desperate for any kind of cash you can get your hands on. Be clear that your goals are long term, then get back to work on them.
● Love: Leave them wanting more. Being too available to anyone right now puts you at a disadvantage. Create some tension, make your time valuable, and answer your phone at your leisure. The type of hotties you're into love challenge. Don't disappoint!
● General: The bad news is that you are probably going to get bored with your company today -- and few things are less fun than getting stuck in a conversation with someone who just isn't that interesting. But you can avoid being in their company for very long if you skip past pleasantries and forget your good manners for the time being. Sure, you hate to be rude, but sometimes it's better to come off as rude than it is to endure someone going on and on and wasting your time.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Everything changes depending on the calendar, even your personality! You fit into your suits all week. Today, let your eccentricities get a little exposure.
● Finances: With the skills you've honed surviving the last year and a half, you have what it takes to start on a completely new path once your finances stabilize. But is that what you want to do with your new-found creativity? It's a good day to decide.
● Love: Don't be afraid to go deeper. It's easy to allow superficialities such as race, religion and politics to turn you off. Look beyond the obvious difference and seek greater truths. You and this person have more in common than you realize.
● General: You have been feeling a stronger connection growing with someone lately, and it's something you should encourage. It might be the perfect time to invite them over to your home. Make a good dinner and share some quiet conversation. Or, it that's too big of a step to take, just call them up and pick their brain about some of the issues you're working on. They have helpful answers because they've been through some of what you're going through. They can tell you some harsh truths.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: It's hard to relax when people are breathing over your shoulder, but do what you can. Tonight, make a good dinner or work on creating a soft, soothing atmosphere at home. Anything to block out tomorrow.
● Finances: Your illusions are being revealed for what they are, and the reality behind the curtain is not what you want to see. If you want something different, then get busy making it happen. Waiting around for pennies from heaven is just more fantasy.
● Love: If you don't love children or little dogs, don't say you do. Frankness is totally important right now. The other person has too much at stake for games, so if you're not into it, be honest. Leading someone on will only waste everyone's time (and create hurt feelings).